Are you passionate about making an impact through education? Are you interested in using your demonstrated marketing and communications skills to make a unique difference in the world?
We are seeking a talented Marketing and Communications Manager to help us grow our community of supporters, including advocates, donors, teachers and kids to expand the implementation of our programs. This will be a mid- to high-level position responsible for developing and implementing a complete marketing and communication strategy, with a strong focus on social media and public relations. It is the ideal position for an ambitious self-starter, with proven success in a communications and marketing management role, interested in creative approaches to accomplishing aggressive organizational goals.
- Develop and implement overall organizational marketing and communications strategy
- Update and manage key marketing materials for all BizWorld stakeholders and audiences; including donors, teachers, partners, school, press and media
- Manage and ensure that communications and materials adhere to BizWorld brand (currently being rebranded) across all platforms, including: website, social media, blog, email marketing, print materials
- Create, curate and implement an editorial calendar for BizWorld’s content marketing communications through social media and blogging with a goal of increasing audience reach and engagement nationally and internationally
- Develop and manage public relations and media relationships to help build our presence as a thought leader in education innovation
- Organize and coordinate website updates to support overall communications strategy
- Develop and manage event publicity and communications materials
- Create and implement metrics to measure success of communications plan
- A passion for BizWorld’s mission and impact
- 5-10 years of related nonprofit and/or for-profit work experience, preferably in a management role
- A portfolio of past marketing materials demonstrating success
- Knowledge and industry understanding of content, audiences, priorities that are aligned with BizWorld’s mission and strategic goals (education, entrepreneurship, financial services, CSR, etc.)
- Proven experience and relevant skills to work in a data-driven environment
- Past experience developing and managing PR, press and media contacts
- Advanced project-management skills and the ability to manage a variety of people
- Ability to design, edit and create new multi-media marketing materials and integrate communication applications
- Ability to synthesize existing BizWorld content and data to create compelling content for various stakeholders
- Excellent communicator, writer and strong storyteller
- Process, goal and deadline-driven
- Incredible attention to detail
- Creative solutions to a limited budget and a small staff
- SF Bay Area resident
- 4-year college degree
Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, social media and blogging platforms, email marketing tools (such as Marketo, MailChimp, etc.), Google Analytics, and Google Apps. Preferred experience with Salesforce.com, Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, SEO, html, graphic design.
About BizWorld: The BizWorld Foundation inspires children to be innovative leaders through the teaching of entrepreneurship, business and finance. We connect third to eighth grade students to the real world by providing curricula, training educators and fostering collaboration between education and business. To learn more visit us at www.bizworld.org.
Please submit your resume and a focused cover letter highlighting your proven success in a strategic marketing management role, your social media and PR experience and your technical skills. Applications without cover letters will not be accepted.
Please include your salary expectations with the subject line: “Marketing & Communications Manager” to info(at)bizworld.org.
Application deadline is Monday, July 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
Indeed - 17 months ago
The BizWorld Foundation inspires children to be innovative leaders through the teaching of entrepreneurship, business and finance. We...