The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employer Reviews

Very good work enviroment
Stylist (Current Employee), Alexander City, ALMarch 22, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: when the weather is bad, business is slow
Very good work environment. Everyone gets along very well and work well together. This is a laid back work place. We laugh and joke all day.
Great products, but too much paperwork
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: poducts and discounts
Cons: upper management and paperwork
Although the products are fantastic, there is an overbearing amount of paperwork associated with this position. The philosophy of the company is in direct conflict with the working facilities of the store.
Excellent Work Life Balance Employer
Full-time Store Manager/District Visual Director (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaMarch 18, 2015
I have had a wonderful time during my employment with the company. I have been afforded many opportunities to travel and assist in district re-development during this period. I have been led by one of the most talented and brand savvy leaders I have ever had the privilege of being employed under and have led a team of extremely bright and self driven employees. The difficulty arises in constantly keeping ideas and sales drivers innovative and creative, however I have had great success with this. The people are by far the greatest part of my role.
No Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 11, 2015
I worked with this company for a while. I thought that the Regional Manager was always a bit rude. I did enjoy the staff i worked with. They were always nice and friendly. I left because there was just no opportunity for advancement. Also, for a store to sell somewhat pricey items, i was payed minimum wage. $7.40/hr. who can live off of that?
Extremely Poor Reno Management
Associate (Former Employee), Reno,NVMarch 10, 2015
Pros: amazing product
Cons: extremely poor reno management
The current store manager showed favouritism to another employee by letting them show up to work drunk and allowing the same employee to miss shifts without getting written up or reprimanded. Then, this same employee gets promoted. I loved my job at The Body Shop, but decided to move on. Good luck to the new victims.... I mean employees.
Bath and Body Supplies
Assembly Line Leader (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCMarch 4, 2015
I would work on a line making baskets and assembling baskets to be shipped out and I also was a Line Leader where I was in charge of my workers where I had them to work on products. Where we had to make production.
Skincare and Beauty Store
Saleswoman (Former Employee), San DiegoMarch 3, 2015
Pros: my coworkers and the products at our store.
I loved each and every day I worked at this store. I was able to help people replenish their skin and help them with figuring out which type of scent they like. My manager was very understanding with all of our schedules and my co-workers were always so amazing to be around. I would say the only the I disliked about the job was the location which was why we were not able to keep our jobs. The location was not making enough money for us.
The Body Shop is a great place to go for products that will nourish your skin! You will also recieve excellent customer service.
General Manager (Current Employee), Brookline, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: customer needs are more important than sales.
Cons: health care a little expensive.
I enjoyed working for the Body Shop. I was proud to work for a company with such respectable values. Beauty to the Body Shop means natural ingredients and respecting the planet. And most important never testing the products on animals. A typical day for me starts by opening my store. Counting and balancing money. doing the morning paperwork and checking the reports to see what we need to work on. I have been in the beauty industry for thirty years. And I have learned that the values we lived by and used in our daily business were important to share with or customers and our community. In any aspect of retail or salon our jobs are to educate our clients and customers, give them the knowledge they need to feel beautiful inside and out. I have also learned that we have the opportunity to change our clients lives. I find it very rewarding and enjoyed my customers very much. I was the store manager and was able to recruit and interview to identify top talent. I was very proud of our team.
Retail can be tough
Store Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company mission, products were good quality
Cons: poor management
Working retail can be tough especially when you have upper managers who do not empathize that when you have young children they can become ill. Constantly having a changing schedule was also difficult. Overall the company was a great company and I loved their overall mission.
Fun environment, but store closed down shortly after starting
Specialty Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 20, 2015
I worked at this location in the Cincinnati Airport right when it was going down. They brought me in to try to help the store but with low traffic and our terminal being shut down, there was not a lot I could do. However being an assistant manager has taught me a lot about how companies run. Great company and great products though!
Ok place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Ok place to work.
I do not have much to say about the company... it was a transitional time in my life and worked there to make some extra money while i figured out what my next moves career wise should be.
Management is ALWAYS right
Analyst (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: my fantastic co-workers
Cons: management & uk corporate
I am looking at the office closing as a blessing. Even though I love a number of people I work with, I hate my job, management and corporate. I worked an average of 50-60 hour weeks and normally wasn't able to take lunches either. Work/life balance is not available.
amazing
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free product
Cons: fast paced
beautiful ladies allover. It smells great. You get to where make up and its relaxed. The whole vibe is so positive and refreshing.
Productive workplace if you are looking to get into the beauty industry
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 12, 2015
When I worked at this establishment, I learned a lot of different skin care routines (what works best and what doesn't), I learned about the Fair Trade Agreement (underdeveloped countries send us their products and in return we send them back money), I learned how to manage a steady stream of customers and how to manage cash. Working at this job helped me to improve on my teamwork skills.
Ok business
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta GaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: meet people from all around the world
Cons: that noone was ever on the same page
When they first hire you they will tell you that you will be starting off at 11 dollars and hour, then you get your paycheck its minimum wage.
A typical day was very busy a lot of different people you help and explain about our products to them.
What I learned was how to feel peoples personality and how to build a relationship with them.
The management there was very unprofessional they do not care about others and they allow other employees do things that shouldn't be done.
Fun workplace
Assembler (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at Walmart, I met alot of different people here, learned alot of different routines of how to work in retail. I enjoyed it for the most part. Management tried to always be fair with everyone.
Productive, Enterperneurial work enviroment
Store manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the stores were easy to maintain and you truely were in charge of your own business.
Cons: regional management lacked in supplying my district with qualified dm, in four years i had more than 5 district managers.
I greatly enjoyed many years at The Body Shop. I gained a lot of experience networking and providing services for the community. I even won the Woman of the Year award from the Soroptimist group. I was able to turn around several stores including a bottom 3 store to the top ten in the company earning me a spot to help re-write the corporate training manual at head office. We had several large gaps in District Management, but I was able to utilize my skills and step in when needed. Many of the employees I hired and worked with were promoted to managers and are still in retail management today.
I loved this job, without a doubt.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Canoga Park, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not a lot of hours
Everything about this job made me feel at home because it was more in the field that I went to school for. Although, I felt as though it wasn't as challenging as I would have hoped. I felt as though it was a typical retail job.
People oriented
Store Manager (Current Employee), National City, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Awesome company to work for. They give great benefits, flexibility and the management is wonderful.
Very Flexible
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2015
While I was working here I was attending college and working full-time. The manager was extremely flexible and allowed me to work the evening shifts so that I could attend classes and I still had time off. The organization's values were a plus, fair-trade is an important part of a company's ethical and moral standards.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop International plc is the original, natural and ethical beauty brand. Our heritage is an amazing story of firsts. – Read more

The Body Shop Photos