The Body Shop Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable work space
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SFO AirportDecember 2, 2015
Each day was different working here at the Body Shop. The Body Shop is an excellent company with original ideas, products, and sales techniques. The management team was super outgoing and friendly and always pushed for our team to do better. The most difficult thing about working at the Body Shop was not buying everything that was released, the employee discount is great and the products are wonderful. I really enjoyed the customers that came into the Body Shop, it made my job very fun and exciting.
Pros
Employee discount, outgoing staff, and very clean stores
Cons
Hours are competitive, selling company cards was a must
This is my first supply chain job, and I love the experience.
Bin management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2015
I currently work in a warehouse for the Body Shop, the beauty supply company. I work 3rd shift bin management for the workflow department. My duties pertain mostly to inventory control, adjusting the bin capacity in SAP to meet the demand of each products, also determining whether a bin should me moved from a picking location to a storage location until demand for the product raises.
Learned an enourmous amout in 26 years.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 4, 2016
Mitsubishi Motors was built in 1988, I was hired in 1989, and worked there until it closed on November 30, 2015. I worked several areas in the plant including, trim shop, production control driving a forklift and lastly in the body shop working with lots of robots welding and handling car body parts. While at Mitsubishi I acquired vast knowledge about the manufacturing environment, from safety to working with people with different backgrounds and personalities. It was a good 26 years of my life.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
as production reduced atmoshpere became toxic
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 29, 2016
This was the perfect college job, but I would not consider it for a career due to the hours and salary. However, I had a positive feelings going into work each day.
Great company with lots of opportunity for growth!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 1, 2016
The Body Shop provided a fun and workable atmosphere where I was able to help customers with a variety of product base knowledge-and offer products based on their concerns. I was given the tools and training to offer skincare and makeup consultation, as well as the experience to provide makeup and body care demonstrations. The management team was great and worked one on one with each employee, developing them and working to help them achieve their goals. I learned about community fair trade, skin care, body care, and proper make up regimes. I learned how to analyze sales trends and how to drive sales in a high volume location. My FAVORITE part of the job was helping customers pick out new skin care and make up products, and trying them on, right in the store! One of my favorite retail stores to work at by far... and I still shop there!
Opportunity Sadly Missed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 21, 2016
Once offered the job, at the interview, I had to go through training about learning how to interact with customers, the products we sold, and what we stood as a company. It was a great experience interacting with the customers and my co-workers were there for me when I needed some guidance since I was still going through training. Unfortunately, due to a family emergency and an unexpected misunderstanding, the job offer was declined. Despite receiving disappointing news about not being able to get the job, I was thankful to receive the training I underwent that gave me the knowledge about retail and how to interact with customers.
Pros
retail experience, work with your schedule
Loved it
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2015
Working the floor by greeting customers as they come in and guiding them to products, then cashing them out. Took the time to fully understand what exactly I was selling to them so they could build that connection our products are genuinely fantastic. Loved my management and co-workers, great people to work with and amazing at training me. Hardest part was finding ways to sell the love your body membership card, but everyone has their own way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the products.
Pros
samples of products, fantastic co-workers
Clean and positive environment
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  2500 n. Mayfair rd.January 8, 2016
A typical day at The Body Shop consisted of informing customers about the products, cleaning, stocking, facing products and cashier. I learned alot about the ingredients and benefits from the products and how to persuade customers to increase their total. My managers and coworkers were very enthusiastic and focused. The hardest part of my job was upselling the customer, but the best part of the job to me was talking to the customers about the products and helping them find the perfect gifts.
A fitness company making a difference
Membership Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at The Body Shoppe starts with an early morning boot camp workout and continues throughout the day with all of the behind the scenes activities of running a business. I learned that passion for helping people is what makes the difference between being a trainer and being a fitness professional.

The management team at the Body Shoppe is top notch because they are generally concerned with the welfare and success of it's trainers.

My coworkers are hardworking and dedicated not only to success, but the success of their clients.

the hardest part about this job is keeping long hours. With early morning bootcamps and evening clients, time management is a huge component to success.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we have personally contributed to the success and health of our clients.
working in the airport at a retail store and meeting people from all over world was exciting and informative
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2015
Preparing for customers while opening store and utilizing some of the products to help boost sales and meet quota for the day. I learn how natural products verses are more effective to treat and maintain and offer the benefits you were investing in from a product. Management was knowledgeable and motivated to assist staff and to help you grow to advance in the company. Coworkers were very professional and supportive to each other and offered great advice on how to increase sales as a team.
Pros
incentives
Cons
closing hours

Want to know more about The Body Shop?

Ask a question
Excellent company, loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 20, 2016
My experience with The Body Shop was excellent. Their products were easy to sell because they are simply excellent products. The management really cared about us as individuals; we were more than just employees, we were family.
Professional and and friendly staff, high energy and attention to detail required.
Retail Sales/Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVJune 30, 2015
A typical day involved opening and closing the store and ensuring all merchandise was in place and accounted for, recording all store detail from sales reports to inventory and maintaining a positive attitude while providing the best customer experience as possible. I learned how to market myself better and become a top seller. Management was great on a district level, however local management could be a bit immature and enjoyed gossiping about other employees too much. The coworkers were energetic and fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was working long hours during the holidays with no breaks and trying to work full time while attending college. I enjoyed interacting with customers and marketing the store to its full potential.
Pros
Decent pay, friendly coworkers and dealing in fashion
Cons
Unpredictable pace, complaints from customers that were hard to please
Ethical Company
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2015
Learn real customer service skills while employed with this company. Making connection with each customer was essential to the success of the store. Being the only male helped me learn all the dynamic that come with being a leader of a team. The hardest part of this is leaving because really love being in the atmosphere of such great people.
Pros
Advancement opportunies
Cons
only male
work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 5, 2015
Management really works to fit your schedule needs. fun place to work. Easy job, all goals are met with teamwork. Company provides great benefits for full time employees and cool perks for part time employees.
Innovative work with Beauty products in fun dynamic environment
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJune 22, 2015
Fast paced environment working with great innovative product. Always something new to learn and a problem to solve. People were great and dedicated. High turnover with Management creating a challenges at times but overall nice place to work.
Pros
Company Benefits and perks are great
Cons
Work/Life balance is a challenge
Times have changed.
Store manager/asst manager (Former Employee) –  Fareham South, ENGOctober 11, 2015
Working for this company for 9 year until this year , early years were the most amazing, exceeded all expectations and learnt so many skills. Later years up to date have changed drastically at the body shop, poor upper management , very unfair and unexplained action towards employees , one can only sit back and laugh at the mistakes such a large global company can make , poor management leads to very low team moral,low moral leads to poor service which In time will have a major effect on stores achievement
Pros
Meeting some great members of the public
Cons
Unfairness within management
Competitive but Carefree Environment
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 7, 2015
A relaxed but competitive atmosphere where we work as a team. A place where you can feel at home and be yourself while the company pushes you to be the best you can be and teaches in the moment. I've learned how ethics are a huge foundation and forefront within this company. It gives the products meaning, life, and makes us feel good about selling the product to our clients and future clients. The challenge of the job is reading customers and selling persuasively by identifying their needs and wants. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work alongside.
Pros
Can earn free products.
Cons
Part time no health benefits.
I really enjoyed working for the company I'm sad and that my location went out of business
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco locationJuly 19, 2016
The Body Shop is a really great company to work for,overall review of The Body Shop is they have amazing product very customer service friendly and fully oriented and they always strive for the best out of you great company to work for
Fun work place
Cashier, customer service (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this establishment. The management was great and the employees all enjoyed working there. I always kept busy with something while I worked there.
Different Job
SENIOR FULL-TIME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 13, 2016
All training was self learned. Company didn't advertise and promote well in the United States. Not real organized company inside of stores.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.