The Bon-Ton

The Bon-Ton Employer Reviews

ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free samples when u sell enough credit cards and a very small cash bonus
Cons: no health care, no help when needed by management
I go into work with a positive attitude, it is very slow and im used to a fast pace. Dont judge a book by its cover. Our management is ok some of our managers i love they are great people but the others harass me because they want more of what i have to offer as far as my sales and it makes them look good so of course they want more. most of my co-workers – more... are great people and they are hard working. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i put my best foot forward and always 100%. – less
Not enough managers in the men/home store, complicated advertising, bad staff distribution,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NHDecember 30, 2013
Pros: mall food discount, associate discount, multiple tasks
Cons: dress code, expensive products
While working at The Bon-Ton, there were a lot of problems with coupons and the advertisements that were put up in the store. People who received these coupons were not expecting to have to find the items that will work with the coupon. There was a long list of exclusions. As a cashier, explaining this to each costumer was tiring. About 80% of people – more... had to get out of line and find other items that would make the coupon work.
My co-workers were very supportive. If there was a problem, any of my co-workers were willing to help. Although, some days were difficult because there would either too many associates at the pod at one time, or too few.
All in all, from my first job, I learned that it is difficult to work long shifts and work with many costumers within a short period of time. – less
Hired for seasonal (holiday)
Sales Associate - Hired for seasonal work (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 26, 2013
Pros: met and worked with nice people. enjoyed customer service.
Cons: seasonal position
Hired for seasonal work (11/03-2/04). Responsibilities included assisting customers, setting up for next-day sales, interacting with peers and customers, setting up inventory, daily interaction with customers/peers, opening and closing store registers
Good company
Merchandise Invoice Exception Lead (Former Employee), York, PAMay 30, 2013
It was a good company to work for. I left for a better opportunity. I cannot provide an accurate review due to the time length since I have left. I do remember that my supervisor did not want me to leave but could not match what the new company was offering me.
Fast paced, growing company
Advertising Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2013
I have learned to adapt to an ever changing environment, I learn quickly, am exceptionally organized, and always wanting to learn more and take on new responsibilities.
My co-workers are great to work with, we have valuable relationships.
Handling Customers
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Indiana, PADecember 27, 2012
Pros: got to meet new peoples
Cons: the long hours and working holidays.
The responsibilities were making sure all the cashiers were taking care of the customers. Getting change for all the cashiers. the end of the day balancing out everything. So days the job had long hours, but it was a very busy job.
Great job for high school students.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamden, CTJuly 11, 2012
Th pay and work environment and requirements are a great fit for a high school student, but it is not adequate for an adult trying to make a living.
Productive and fast paced experience.
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Carlisle, PA, 17013July 2, 2012
Diversity, multitasking, and extensive customer service. Everyday is different. Management is hands on for me as well as customers and associates. I am a team player and we work as a team. Hardest part of the job is leaving on time. Most enjoyable part are when sales and productivity are above expectations.
It was a fun but very busy place to work.
material handler (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAJune 27, 2012
Pros: lots of co-workers to talk with
Cons: some of the management were very hard to deal with
A typical day there was getting the stock in, having to hang it and then getting to make the tags for the clothing. Some of my co-workers had different of doing their jobs. The most enjoyable part of it was that I was able to make the tickets up for the clothing and then making sure that the clothing got to the correct stores.
Very productive place to work when there is work
Processor (Current Employee), Whitehall PAJune 7, 2012
Pros: work is competitive
Cons: not enough hours
Every aspect of this environment is enjoyable but the fact there is not enough work to keep you busy.
Very educational retail store
Retail Sales Associate / Fragrance specialist (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYMay 26, 2012
Pros: learning atmosphere, customer interaction
Cons: busy holidays
I learned a lot about retail businesses, especially in the mall setting. The hardest part of the job was holidays. The best was the social environment.
Assisting customers, customer satisfaction. Managing staff
Visual Merchandiser/Assistant Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 17, 2012
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: pay rate
Working in Retail is a different creature, but fun. I love working with customers and mentoring associates.
Fun, retail environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: job security, different tasks from day to day.
Cons: management turnover.
The Bon-Ton is loyal and fair to their employees. There is abundant opportunity for advancement if that is what you desire. Full-time benefits are generous, and the opportunity to work with the public is one of the job's appeals.