THE BOON GROUP

THE BOON GROUP Employer Reviews

No professional growth
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no job advancement
The company is reorganizing all departments and this is causing poor moral among employees.
Great company & growing fast
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), AustinJuly 10, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment and supportive managers
I recently left a big tech company and joined The Boon Group. The company itself is much smaller but is growing rapidly (which I like). I love the culture and feel of the company, and the direction it's headed. There's plenty of room for growth and advancement within.

Management has been very supportive and is very knowledgeable. They embraced me from – more... the beginning and instantly made me feel like I as part of the team.

My co-workers have been absolutely wonderful. In fact they're one of the reasons why I'm so eager to get to work and give 110% daily.

I would 100% without a doubt refer friends and family to come work at The Boon Group! – less
Awful place
Cobra Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
Cons: all
Management is inexperienced and manipulative. If you aren't liked or part of the click, you WILL be setup and fired
I'd think twice
Billing (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 5, 2014
Pros: great office building, some really nice people
Cons: upper management has their priorities all wrong and are not very nice people.
There are some very good managers and supervisors that really care and then there are some that are just poor excuses for humans. They will smile at you and then stab you in the back as soon as you turn around. watch out!

Depending on what job and what dept you are considering would depend on if you should even think about working there. Customer service – more... is a good place to work and the manager and supervisors are great. Think twice about working in any other area.

Overall the upper management team are greedy, power-hungry and selfish people. They usually pass you in the hall and don't say a thing as if youre not there! Someone said employees are your best assets and so you'd think you'd treat them good, but upper management treats their employees like cattle. Plus, they don't pay you very well. They want you to work hard but they don't want to pay for overtime and there is no way to get everything done. a lot of stress there! – less
Very political work environment
N/A (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: nice building and location
Cons: extensive workload (overworked and underpaid), political, not enough communication between departments and management (upper level execs).
This company wants $80k per year quality but only expects to pay $30-$40k per year for it's employees. I think the previous review summed it all up.

Personally, I think every director should be a born leader and set an example for their employees. Some however, have been rewarded for unethical misconduct that would have resulted in termination for – more... anyone not part of the "in crowd".

Lots of changes regularly with no explanation or guidance on how to work through it. You are basically just expected to know how to do everything and if not, well they have someone to blame when it goes wrong.

They preach the employees are like a "family" but will be quick to point the finger, even when there's no justification to cover their...

I would not recommend this company to anyone. – less
Call Center Life
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: very friendly environment
The Boon Group call center was a group of friendly, upbeat, helpful employees. It was typically very fast-paced, with each of us taking upwards of 100 + calls per day.

Management was very friendly, personable and eager to help/please their employees.
DON'T DO IT!!!
N/A (Former Employee), n/aNovember 12, 2013
Pros: no pro's
Cons: management
By far, the most pro management group ever seen. The employees do not matter at this company. Horrible place to work..
I would not recommend this employer to anyone
Claims department employee (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: pretty location
Cons: management, lack of incentives, negative work environment
This was one of the most negative work experiences of my career. The lack of ethics and disregard for employees was astounding.
Lack of Communication
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJune 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons: poor communication between upper management and internal departments.
I worked at The Boon Group for many years and the lack of communication from upper management remained consistently poor. Major decisions are made without communication to internal departments which created chaos on a regular basis. Lots of finger pointing between departments and from Upper Management to lower departments. No realistic understanding – more... from Upper Management about internal process flow or capabilities. Very obvious there are certain departments and individuals who hold a favored status and will never be held accountable for their mistakes. – less
Advance your career, Wonderful place with Great people!
Licensed Enrollment Benefit Counselor (Current Employee), Austin, TexasApril 17, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunches, 2 cafes nearby, great benefits
Cons: traffic is hectic in this area.
Health Insurance is at an all time high need. There is much work to do, but you have the "Warm needed" sense of feeling when you achieve helping a client enroll into their health coverage. I had the ability to advance my career by obtaining my health, life and HMO licensing through Boon Group. The management staffs are always helpful when it comes to – more... helping you set goals that helps you succeed! – less
One of the sorriest companies to work for
Benefit Services Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2013
Cons: sorry employee benefits
Management sucks. HR sucks. Most employees are very stuck up and cliquish. A very unethnical work environment.
No longer meets my needs or expectations
Senior Cobra Administrator (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2012
Cons: promotions are not made on merit, knowledge or experience
So many changes have come about at Boon with management, Supervisors. The HR Dept no longer has much input on job advancements or promotions within the company. It is no longer a positive enviroment.
Claims Technician-Plan Builder (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 8, 2012
Great place to work. Relaxed atmosphere. Able to share and implement ideas.