The BOSS Group Employee Reviews

Energetic positive people!
PROOFREADER/EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 12, 2016
The staff at BOSS are amazing! They see to every need we contractors have in terms of seeking work and being properly compensated for it. They are top-notch!
Pros
It's a freelance operation, you can work with a variety of companies
Cons
Contracting companies can be sporadic with their work flow
Fun company but constantly changing
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 19, 2015
The company offers fun events and an inspiring culture (at least when I was there) but being staffing there are constant changes and high turnover.
Pros
People, perks
Cons
Turnover, compensation plan
Great job opportunity
Multimedia Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 4, 2014
Working with The Boss Group has always been a rewarding one. They have placed me to work full time back in 2008 for a large international consulting firm in Washington D.C. which helped propel my design career.
Artists Beware! This company only hires you if you pass their "structured" Adobe Suite tests with high grades
Freelance Graphic Designer / Artist (Former Employee) –  Bala Cynwyd, PAJuly 15, 2014
The Boss Group often has jobs listed for Graphic Designers. I have over 28 years of experience and designed packages known world-wide. I have won many design awards... I have interviewed at The Boss group twice in my career. Both times I had the same results. They were most impressed with my background and incredibly impressed with my portfolio. Then I'm tested in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. The tests were PC format, where most agencies use Mac. If you don't answer the questions or do the design exactly the way their "structured" test is set you, you fail and will no longer be pursued as a candidate. THe Boss group is the only hiring agency in which I have never gotten an interview with one of their clients. When your are judged only by the score of their very structured tests, why even interview or review one's portfolio, or consider their work experience?

Avoid this agency if you are a talented and creative Graphic Artist. It's not worth the time if you design in a different way then the mainstream, or think "out of the box". If you only know how to design as your schooling has taught you, and know all of your key commands, you will probably get hired, even if your designs are poor.
Pros
Experience a bad interview
Cons
You won't get hired if you are creative
A reliable staffing agency
Contract editor and proofreader (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 30, 2014
The BOSS Group has been extremely helpful in finding me short- and long-term assignments and supportive when some of those assignments may not have worked out.
Great organization
Contract Designer (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAOctober 10, 2012
I was with other staffing agencies for years and had no success getting a job. Two months with this agency and I had two different temporary positions. With one of my job placements they forget to approve my hours and The BOSS Group kept on them until they paid me. Friendly and helpful staff, willing to answer any questions you have or solve any problem that arises.
Pros
great staff, helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The BOSS Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The BOSS Group Reviews by Location