The BOSS Group

The BOSS Group United States Employee Reviews

Artists Beware! This company only hires you if you pass their "structured" Adobe Suite tests with high grades
Freelance Graphic Designer / Artist (Former Employee), Bala Cynwyd, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: experience a bad interview
Cons: you won't get hired if you are creative
The Boss Group often has jobs listed for Graphic Designers. I have over 28 years of experience and designed packages known world-wide. I have won many design awards... I have interviewed at The Boss group twice in my career. Both times I had the same results. They were most impressed with my background and incredibly impressed with my portfolio. Then I'm tested in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. The tests were PC format, where most agencies use Mac. If you don't answer the questions or do the design exactly the way their "structured" test is set you, you fail and will no longer be pursued as a candidate. THe Boss group is the only hiring agency in which I have never gotten an interview with one of their clients. When your are judged only by the score of their very structured tests, why even interview or review one's portfolio, or consider their work experience?

Avoid this agency if you are a talented and creative Graphic Artist. It's not worth the time if you design in a different way then the mainstream, or think "out of the box". If you only know how to design as your schooling has taught you, and know all of your key commands, you will probably get hired, even if your designs are poor.
A reliable staffing agency
Contract editor and proofreader (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAMay 30, 2014
The BOSS Group has been extremely helpful in finding me short- and long-term assignments and supportive when some of those assignments may not have worked out.
Great organization
Contract Designer (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great staff, helpful
I was with other staffing agencies for years and had no success getting a job. Two months with this agency and I had two different temporary positions. With one of my job placements they forget to approve my hours and The BOSS Group kept on them until they paid me. Friendly and helpful staff, willing to answer any questions you have or solve any problem that arises.