The Boston Consulting Group

The Boston Consulting Group Employee Reviews

An excellent work experience
Senior Compensation Analyst - Officer Compensation (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2015
I really loved working at BCG. I thought the people there were very supportive and there was potential for growth. The reason that I left is that I got married and my husband and I decided to move to Maine. I was unable to keep my job remotely.
Lack of advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
* Great medical benefits, lack of advancement, the hardest part of the job is separating work/life
* Management is not very supportive
Principal (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2015
I have very much enjoyed my time at BCG. It is a great place to get exposure to a variety of industries and skills.

The culture is intense - work hard and play hard.
Fast paced work with great people and benefits.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits, Forbes Best Place to Work #2 three times in the last 5 years, catered lunch on Fridays, and great people
A typical day for me at BCG started with hearing about any urgent issues from my coworkers and/or checking my emails for any tickets or issues. Every day was a little different, one day I might be re-imaging laptops the next I might be doing inventory for supply orders, or providing onsite support at a meeting. Day to day varied quite a bit. Having IT support in the office, when most of the office is traveling frequently, means having to balance between office and online support. For me it was great because I enjoy fast pace work and providing customer service. A great group of people both personal and professional. Management very supportive and fair. I enjoyed my coworkers the most, they were the best part of my day.
World renown top-tiered strategy consulting firm
Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2015
BCG is of course the world renown management consulting firm founded by Bruce Henderson. It has been widely credited for founding business strategy as a discipline, not least because of the pioneering work done by Bruce in the early years of the firm.

I was recruited by the firm in Australia, having completed my MBA on a full scholarship. I chose to join the Hong Kong office as I would like to take part in the firm's growth there. It was a great experience working with some of the largest and most innovative corporations in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan to participate in the strategy re-orientation of those corporate giants to take advantage of China's WTO entry and e-commerce.

BCG has a truly collegiate and open work atmosphere. Every one of the consultants was encouraged to make their views known. We worked very hard but also very happily as there was tremendous learning from one another.
Fun team and great culture!
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 27, 2014
I was only at the this job for 6 months as I was hired into a temporary position for the fall recruiting season but it was a great group, exciting work. Every day was different, sometimes attending events.
BCG Brings Out The Best
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare package
Cons: not always room for advancement for non-consulting staff
I have never worked for a company like BCG before. The expectations are high which makes you always want to go above and beyond to meet and maintain those standards.

We work hard and play hard. You can't beat the benefits package. There are not many places that take care of you the way that BCG does.
lots of learning and opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
intelligent co workers

high impact work

high interaction with executives

steep learning curve
Excellent company
Human Resources (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: people, amazing benefits
Cons: limited upward movement for administrators
Unbelievable professionalism and intellectual integrity.
Bright and intelligent Folks
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros: health benefits, opportunities, work-life balance
Cons: separation between consulting and business service staff
Always learn something new here. Never a dull moment. Great co-workers.
Intellectually challenging
Principal (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: opportunities to continuously learn
Cons: strong sense of hierarchy, particularly if you are not part of the consulting staff
Great place to work if you enjoy being intellectually challenged
High pressure workplace - personal and small company culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, company outings
Cons: long work hours, informal hr processes
Compensation and Benefits are good. Usually a high pressure work environment that lacks any formal process.
Great development
Partner and Managing Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2013
BCG does a fantastic job developing people. Right from the start they invest in building up your skills and putting you on the path to long term success in business.
Best place to work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2013
BCG was voted #2 in Forbes "Best Places to Work" list for 2012 and for good reason.
Great Company
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 25, 2013
Pros: free medical, free friday lunched
Cons: no advancement for the support staff
Great company to work for. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and create a lot ad-hoc reports catering to different management needs.
Productive and fun place to work
IT Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Pros: lots of great people.
The people and culture are top level. Great place to work. Coworkers kept the place fun and made the day pass by quickly.
Exciting intellectual environment
Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2013
Great coworkers, very interesting topics, high profile clients. Opportunity to have an impact on many issues, even at junior level. Very clear meritocracy.
How is BCG
Business Process Reengineering Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, good atmosphere, great compensation
Cons: management is a bit confusing and the roles overlap too much
Great company to work for, it gives a decent push at your resume. The work environment is ideal for a productive time at BCG. The learning is based on an advanced knowledge sharing between the employees, you can clearly feel that people at BCG do not work for themselves, they strive for an excellence in business that the company represents. I'd say that is what makes BCG different than any other company you can work for, it's bigger than yourself, it's contribution to the world of tomorrow.
Managment consulting firm
HR Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2012
Pros: free lunchs on fridays
Cons: no advancement within the company for admins
Great benefits, the work week was filled with peaks and valleys. Harderst part of the job was staying on top of the last minute deadlines without working overtime.
Up or Out as expected
Consultant (Former Employee), NJApril 17, 2012
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: where is my life???
Long hours and most cases are not that exciting. For the amount of money they charge the client you are expected to work 80hr/wk easily