The role of Director, Research and Global Insights is to support the central strategy marketing efforts through the development , direction and implementation, of all metrics analysis for Brand USA. Brand USA as a public-private partnership is the official destination marketing organization for the USA.
The Director of Research and Global Insights will develop, direct and implement all research required to develop guide and assess the success of the company’s marketing programs. The individual filling this position will have the opportunity to establish a new research program, using existing research and designing new tools to determine the return-on-investment (ROI) of marketing deployed by the company.
- Develop and execute a valid and rigorous ongoing research data and metrics program.
- Develop research to (1) determine target markets and messaging for marketing/advertising programs and (2) evaluate the success and ROI of programs and support Brand USA KPI’s.
- Work directly with the Office of Travel and Tourism Industries (OTTI) and other Industry organizations to collect and analyze existing research/data.
- Effectively communicate research strategies and results to multiple stakeholder audiences including government agencies and industry investors
- Internalize and communicate research analytics to management and external constituents
- Prepare requests for proposals (RFPs) to select research company(s) to conduct market research on behalf of the company and make recommendations on the research vendor selection.
- Manage the work of selected research vendors to ensure accurate and timely results related to (1) determination of target markets and messaging for the marketing programs and (2) measuring the direct influence of Brand USA-placed advertising and marketing on future visitation to the U.S.
- Speak on behalf of the company in front of key stakeholder groups.
Key skills and experience
- 15+ years in Research Industry within the Travel & Tourism Industry.
- Strong communications, advocacy or external relations background.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and prioritize strategic and tactical issues.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to present overarching strategic concepts, detailed data and conclusions in an organized and concise manner at all levels throughout the company, as well as to high level external audiences.
Interested candidates should submit a resume; cover letter and a salary requirements.
No phone calls please.
About Brand USA
Brand USA was established by the Travel Promotion Act in 2010 to spearhead the nation's first global marketing effort to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. entry/exit policies and procedures to worldwide travelers. Formed as the Corporation for Travel Promotion, the public-private entity began operations in May 2011 and does business as Brand USA. Brand USA works in close partnership with the travel industry to maximize the economic and social benefits of travel. The program's activities are funded at no cost to US. taxpayers through a combination of private-sector investment and matching funds collected by the U.S. Government from international visitors
Brand USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical handicap, or political affiliation.