Provides administrative support to the President/CEO (CEO) and the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) of Brand USA, as well as general administrative support to the Public Policy Liaison Directors and other members of these executive departments. Coordinates events and projects related to the board, corporate communications, and stakeholder relations.
- Represents and provides support in a professional manner that conveys a commitment to internal and external customer service.
- Performs all the functions necessary to ensure the development and implementation of programs and projects initiated by the CEO and CCO.
- Acts as the liaison to the Brand USA Board of Directors and other key leadership organizations within the travel and tourism industry.
- Oversees all events related to board and industry leadership meetings hosted by the CEO or CCO.
- Maintains the integrity of the departments by upholding the confidentiality of departmental information.
Direct Support to the President/CEO (CEO)
- Direct activities as directed by and on behalf of the CEO.
- Monitor and manage executive schedules and ensure that all required information is available to ensure the CEO has full knowledge of subjects to be covered and related matters.
- Coordinate assignments initiated by the CEO and under development and implemented by cross-departmental teams.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of results and provide the CEO with updates on the progress of projects and the achievement of milestones.
Administrative Support for CEO and CCO
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments—providing copies of meeting materials and other documents as required for various meetings and handling follow-ups as needed.
- Answer incoming phone calls—fielding and responding to calls as appropriate—and handling outbound calls as needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence via fax, mail, delivery and e-mail by correctly prioritizing and/or distributing correspondence.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports and other documents as directed.
- Manage and procure all travel arrangements—providing detailed travel folios (including travel itineraries, air, rail and ground transportation; lodging; meeting materials, meeting schedule and other documents as needed) and updating/revising itineraries and related travel arrangements as needs change.
- Schedule and organize activities such as team meetings, arranging overseeing all logistical aspects by arranging for facilities, caterers, and preparing/issuing information, agendas and invitations to meeting participants, and managing meeting according to budget, timeline and other requirements.
- Prepare records such as agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for department meetings.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and external customers.
- Create and maintain filing systems, and electronic database and spreadsheet files and maintain department.
Administrative Support for Communications and Public Policy
- Manage and update company’s media kit materials to include all executive biographies, and fact sheets.
- Field incoming media inquiries and provide requested information, including information for surveys, or refer to appropriate internal resources.
- Monitor, track and report on media coverage, working with third-party providers.
- Monitor and update the content for the corporate calendar—to ensure it remains current with industry, government, and Brand USA events and key dates.
- Manage the Brand USA speakers bureau process—from the receipt of requests for Brand USA speakers to event evaluation to pre- and post-show communications.
- Oversee the master presentation process and content, preparing and customizing presentations as needed for events and meetings.
Stakeholder Communications and Public Policy
- Monitor and update the Brand USA database of contacts and track cultivation contacts with key stakeholders—ensuring integration with the Brand USA CRM system—coordinating with internal and external contacts as needed.
- Oversee the production and distribution of Brand USA newsletters and other communications to key stakeholders.
- Work with creative agencies and others to oversee design, production, and fulfillment of materials for B2B, stakeholder communications and public policy initiatives.
- Monitor, route and/or handle phone and email messages left on the corporate communications line and email accounts. Respond to and route inquiries as needed.
- Create reports concerning the travel industry and relevant public policy matters, summarizing and disseminating key information to Brand USA personnel.
- Schedule update meetings with key public policy individuals and groups as directed.
- Maintain and produce cultivation records.
Board Liaison, Conference and Events
- Work with the Brand USA Board of Directors and their assistants to ensure that members are fully oriented to the work of the organization and the role of the Board.
- Manage relationships and communications with Board members, the board committees and related advisory groups to provide sufficient information as to their role and the nature of the business in relation to that role.
- Develop Board meeting agendas and facilitate the process to ensure that all Board members receive related information so that meetings can be efficient and effective.
- Plan and execute board meetings and other special events for Brand USA, including setting and tracking event budgets, evaluating and contracting with venues, selecting speakers, overseeing and directing production of event materials and speaker support (print and video), establishing event agendas, managing invitation lists and RSVPs, handling pre- and post-communications, and evaluating meeting success based on pre-established criteria.
- Support the annual departmental budget process and monitors expenses to budget on an ongoing basis.
- Track, compile and submit Travel and Expense reports for CEO and CCO.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Educational Background, Experience, and Skills
- College degree in administration, communications or related field
- 7 to 10 years’ experience performing Administrative Assistant responsibilities with at least 5 years supporting a senior-level executive
- Destination marketing and/or travel industry experience and working knowledge of federal government agencies and the United States Congress preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and MapPoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time as needed
- Detail oriented and strong organizational ability
- Confident and resourceful decision maker with broad conceptual judgment and in order to determine course of action based on conclusions for which there is little precedent
- Strong customer-service orientation, detail oriented and flexible
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build trust with others both inside and outside the organization through collaboration, candor, tact, and openness to new ideas
- Ability to demonstrate personal character and integrity and maintain highly confidential information
Indeed - 2 years ago