The Breakers Employee Reviews

Fake, snobby company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 25, 2017
This company will lead you on, continuously feed you lies. Treat you as if you're of lesser value as a human. It's nothing but snobby rich people who look down on you as if you're sipposed to worship them. The managers are all fake.
Pros
No pros, stay away from this company.
Cons
EVERYTHING except the beach views
Living at the beach
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, WAMay 23, 2017
I was looking for a job at the beach and the Breakers hired me to do housekeeping for a season in Long Beach, Washington. I had a lot of fun working with the people who lived there. I will never miss the time i had while working. Dont get me wrong the work was very physical but the atmosphere and people were just awesome to be around.
Pros
Great team to work for
Cons
short term job
Awesome people and better pay.
Spa and Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLApril 11, 2017
Went from Winn Dixie to The Breakers Hotel of Palm Beach. The environment was top notch and the people that came were normally very wealthy or a lot of known people. The pay was better and you had to be on top of your game and personal hygiene. I loved helping people out in the spa with the complementary stuff and also with how to use the gym dumbbells, cardio machines and free weights.
Pros
Benefits for health, dental, and 401k
Cons
had to shave my beard off.
Stunning views
Banquet Waitress (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Great job for college students and more. Great opportunities for those who believe in hard work. Ocean view will take your breath away.
Amazing
Electrician Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working at The Breakers. The managers were always understanding, and my co-workers were extremely helpful. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No over time
Phenomenal Hotel & Restaurants
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLDecember 26, 2016
There aren't enough glowing things to say about working at The Breakers! I've never worked in a more fun, yet extremely professional environment. The company is chock full of hard working people and upper management will work hard for you to succeed here. (Just as long as you return the favor!) Had I not relocated back home to Connecticut, I could see myself spending the rest of my career working for the company.
Beautiful place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2016
Employees was a first priority of the Company. Great Benefits, 401k matched,, great group of people to work for, good pay, charitable organizations. Room for Growth
Amazing Experience
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2016
Would recommend a job at The Breakers to everyone. Amazing training and development, wonderful team that treats you like family. Working with guest can sometimes be challenging but the team you work with will always get you through the rough parts. Pay was excellent for hospitality standards as well.
Great work/life balance and awesome benefits
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 13, 2016
I was quickly promoted within my first few months of working there. It is a very friendly and open work environment. Management really cares and pays attention to your needs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the variety of personalities of guests. Palm Beach brings in a special, high class crowd and you have to be able to handle their requests in an appropriate manner. The hotel has very high expectations so make sure you are up for the job!
Pros
Hotel discounts, good benefits
Cons
A lot of standing
Fun work place. Always creating something new.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2016
Everyone works as a team. We have a common goal, to set up beautiful events. It was just a seasonal position and my needs changed.
Pros
fun crew
Fun, Fast-Paced Environment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2015
HMF was a very exciting place to work. Management was professional and had enough levels to be kept in check. Paychecks were outstanding, though benefits were easily lost if you were a few hours under for the quarter. Mostly a great group of people to work with, The Breakers promotes a wonderful culture of respect.
Pros
great compensation, company reputation
Cons
work life balance, late night hours
An opportunity to acquire knowledge and develop skills.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 26, 2015
Learned the use of non conventional kitchen equipment. Had to manage myself under high strict and high quality standards of work, and to manage my time better. Developed my team work abilities. Perfected my second language (english) speaking and writing skills. Had the opportunity to appreciate how a structured and organized company works. Managers with real knowledge and eager to teach you in a very proper manner.
Pros
Housing, Transportation, Discounts.
Cons
No Heathcare, Breaks, Free meals.
As a Per Diem Concierge, working on days was over-whelming. I know that I was doing the work of 3 people.
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2015
The staff that I worked with was great. As a Per Diem Concierge, the work was very hectic on 1st shift and on 2nd shift, it calmed down around 7pm. Third shift was quiet but long, because there was very little interaction with others.
Pros
The residents were very interesting
Cons
The pay does not reflect the difficulty of the job.
Challenging and fun work environment
Conference Services/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2015
I managed and implemented all association, corporate and incentive programs at this world-class resort.
This required great internal and external communication and organization of all social groups and wedding parties
I was responsible for the complete planning, organizing and servicing of events ranging from 10 to 650 people to include catering needs, meeting arrangements, recreational activities and social events.
This required that I be able to work extensively with numerous departments in the hotel, overseeing completion of directives assigned to each.
This job was very stressful at times but also extremely rewarding.
Pros
Extremely rewarding. The days flew by.
Cons
A lot of stress involved
It's a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 27, 2014
Not a good place to work if you're trying to make more than 11.00. It's all about the residents and when you ask for a day off sometimes it can be hectic. There's a different culture at Breakers Row 1 compared to the hotel.
Benefits
Cons
No raise
The Breakers
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 3, 2014
A beautiful place to work at. The pay is awful for the type of clients you deal with.
Stay Away ..Poor Comminication,Misleading, Micromanagers, Tech / Depts Under Staffed Overworked Daily, Under Paid. Lack sense of the Big Picture.
Audio Visual/Technican (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach FloridaMay 6, 2014
Not even the Job Description matches the truth of what your going to be responsible for supporting on a daily basis. What is on the web showing the job description only looks good..the magnitud of work is the overwelming surprise later.. With poor direction no career path .. Your just a number.. I guess that is why there is such a huge turnover of staff. This job is perfect for an intern with no real corp experience. He or She can use this huge amount of work load "one person doing the work of three ( Do more with less ) " to move out and grow somwhere else

Word of advise ... before you accept an offer and resign your current job. request a meeting with the current staff one on one including the managers 1 on 1 ...then together.. with everyone. If they say no "Busy in Meetings" Run.. if they say yes be prepared for the unkowned factors .. Not related to the interview and not in the right agenda, You notice quickly who is the pets fast. Stay on check don't get caught up and loose your focus. You there to disclosed they hidden secrets behind smiles.

Based on the answers you get from the questions below, you will be able to make the right decision for you and your family. Get everything you discuss in writting, signed and dated.

Flip the Script, interview the entire ask the Department staff one on one in the work area where you would be working. try to stay in the work area from 9am to 1pm you can see what training/support you can expect from the staff/management.... keeping in mind, that you might be working with them daily.First impressions are everlasting !! Go by
  more... your gut fealings they will always lead you in the right direction. I would have left years ago but i was stuck in a Department and in South Florida not many jobs.. I would recommend, if you looking for a career go somewhere else.  less
Pros
Scenary
Cons
Everything Else
Avoid at all costs.
former employee (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach FloridaNovember 10, 2013
This is by far the most dishonest and devious place to work for in Florida. The super rich and powerful will play you like a flute and the management will treat you like a child and slap a barcode on your forehead bc you are just a number to them that is easily replaced by the next fool who takes your place. They will fire you for no reason, I actually think they make a game out of it. I have seen people fired for not smileing enough. Absolutely NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEDMENT AS PROMISED. Management is a joke, they care 0% about employees and DO NOT value your opinions, in fact if you try to speak your opinion you will be targeted to be fired. If you like a place that does not pay enough, no room for advancement or raises, have to worrie about being fired every day, and does not care about you or your opinions then this is the place for you.
Pros
scenery
Cons
every thing else
Great Company with High Values
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 24, 2013
The Breakers is a great company with friendly staff and the very high values on guest and employee satisfaction. I was truly a pleasure working for The Breakers.
Pros
High values on guest and employee satisfaction
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  FLOctober 13, 2013
The Breakers is by far the best place I've ever worked. Although I do not intend on making this my career I do enjoy what I do. The company as a whole really does show that they care about the employees. I enjoy coming into work every single day.

The only thing I would have to say they need to work on is the pay rate. I believe that because of the high priority guests that we provide security for and the responsibilities that we have, we should be should be paid at a higher rate.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Pay is too low.