The Briad Group Employee Reviews

This job should be mostly for students coming out of school with no responsibility. This is not a great job to have when you have major responsibility
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Although I liked working with my employer I never felt encouraged to come to work due to lack of benefits and my low pay rate. I felt that for the amount of work I was producing I should've received more pay.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
No benefits
Managers were rude and disrespectful at times
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2017
I will not speak for the company as a whole but I do feel like they should look more into the managers they choose to run their stores. Very bad experience.
Es una buena compaƱia. Solo deben considerar otorgar mas beneficios a sus empleados
Cook/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 29, 2017
Es buena compaƱia, pero deberian considerar mas beneficios para los empleados. Incentivarlos de alguna manera.
Pros
Estabilidad laboral, buen trato por parte de Managers
Cons
No vacaciones
Just Ok
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 17, 2017
Great Jod until Management change now you are just micromanaged. Health benefits suck $3000 deductible before it pays anything and 401k is a joke no match at all. Vacation package is very good though with five personal and up to four weeks vacation
Pros
Tool allowance
Lacking Real Leadership
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 24, 2016
Poor leadership starting with the corporate office. No training for employees, terrible benefits and a great example of not having same pay for same work regardless of gender.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2016
No balance between work and home. Upper manager don't care about there in employees. Horrible experience couldn't wait to leave
Terrible
General Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJune 6, 2016
As another reviewer stated, the ethics as practiced by upper management is nothing less than shocking. Zero care for hourlies, managers have no work/life balance, the level of contempt that is shown goes to a new level. And as stated in another review, if a manager thinks they will see a bonus, think again.
Pros
You can negotiate a decent salary
Cons
You will have zero balance between work and life in return for the decent salary.
A Typical day at work
Store Manager/Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJAugust 29, 2015
When your employed with the restaurant business,it can be stressful at times,but no matter what the circumstance I always try and make it a fun day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my day to day customers, they are apart of my second family. I also enjoy the teaching and training part of my job. I always thought that your employees make you. Your nothing without your employees and knowledge is power. The more you know and the more you can teach, the better your store becomes and you become as a person. I started out in this company as a Co Manager. I became a store manager,Phase 1 manager and now I'm a Phase 2 training manager. I have always been an advocate for adoption and when it is time to give back and sell your heart out to benefit Daves Thomas Foundation for adoption,my team and I are there. Giving back feels so good!!! I am excited and ready for growth and change!
Pros
seeing my day to day customers
Cons
managing my time
fun place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2015
a typically day at work will start by clocking in at a computer in the strore then you go to the manager in charge where he or she will put you to work today . That store has its ups and downs. At a certain point , the manager had hired a couple young kids, specially high school kids . They did not care about the job .
Pros
good managers
Cons
short breaks
Hate This Company
anonymous (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 23, 2015
This company is thee WORST Company to work for!!! They do not care about their employees at all and even the District Managers Gossip about employees and think its ok !
Exciting new Adventure
Helpdesk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
I moved to AZ to take this adventure and great opportunity. I worked in the IT dept as a Helpdesk Coordinator. Managers from restaurants would call to troubleshoot with them any issues they were having with their computers. I learned a lot about computers and also how the restaurant industry works. I loved the people in the office, I looked forward to work everyday. The hardest part was trying to visualize what the managers were trying to tell me over the phone. It was very gratifying to fix the issues for them so they could move on with their day.
Pros
Great work place.
Cons
Away from family and friends
Friendliest office to work in.
Accounts Payable (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJSeptember 3, 2014
In all of my years working in an office, I have never worked with such a lovely group of people. The company was small but this is what made the people compatible. Eveyone was so friendly and easy to work with. Very professinal. Unfortunately I was working under contract for 6 months, but I did appreciate working with this.company and learning a few things along the way.
The Service Industry...
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJAugust 5, 2014
Managing a restaurant is a tough proposition, doing it with 3 managers, and a culture that puts profits above all else can be discouraging. The method in which directors and above provide mentoring to their subordinates could be best described as lackluster. Co workers are a mixed bag as with all jobs, unfortunate backbiting exists, and personal integrity is rare. Attempting to build a culture of positiveness, honesty, and proactiveness is difficult when your legs are cut off from under you.

The business model of the TGIF franchise appears to be developed to appeal to an urban demographic, but then has locations placed in rural areas. These particular locations will have low sales figures, I feel like I'm stating the obvious though. Managers should be focused on building a trusted team that can be relied upon to do the right thing, regardless of supervision.
It was an excellent learning experience working for another company.
Finish Superintendent Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, Residence Inn By MarriottMarch 16, 2014
The work ethics for the trades is just not there, like it should be. The trades should not only be self starters with their company forman overseeing them continually, also be very professional and work conscience. In this day and age you have to stay on top of all the trades and make sure that their part of the project gets completed on time and done right the first time. The management worked well together. The hardest part was talking with the trades (absent) management and getting them to move their own workers to proper completion. Then finally seeing the project coming together the way it was suppose to be according to the Blueprints and final Renderings.
Pros
Had a great opportunity to work for The Briad Group
Cons
My opportunity came to a halt right after the project was completed, I only hoped it could have turned into full time and permanet employment
No Passion
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 24, 2013
Owner is a smart money guy, but the VP and Director levels include the most unfocused, lacking in details, boring leaders I have yet to meet. Not bad people, just there to hang onto their positions at any cost. Relationship based management is not what works today.
Pros
its a job
Cons
not for "go getters"
Horrible ethics, poor senior management, zero concern for the employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 25, 2013
I worked for one of the TGI Fridays the Briad Group franchised in Arizona. Bottom line is that it's a very poorly run company; there is zero accountability, no support systems, poor benefits (no 401k match... really? I'm better off with a Roth IRA) and they do anything in their power to not pay out bonuses.

They closed 4 stores in Arizona and didn't give any type of notice to any of their managers or hourly employees. This all happened on new years eve, so everyone's bank accounts were low or empty because of the holidays and they were told they were S.O.L for a job.

Completely unprofessional without a doubt.
pretty good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZDecember 12, 2012
pretty good for the most part I enjoyed it only thing that was not to good was the benifits
good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJJune 2, 2012
i enjoyed working for this company.was a very structured day. i learned too many things to count through my district manager.my co-workers where very nice to work with.minors. meeting new people everyday.
Pros
training classes/golfing
Cons
health care was very exspensive
Lead technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2012
Everyone was very friendly. You are rewarded for hard work and loyalty.
Restaurant Franchisee
Operation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 10, 2012
Diverse company with fun atmosphere of the restaurants it operates.
Pros
free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Briad Group. Our community is ready to answer.