The Brickman Group, Ltd. Employee Reviews

A good solid team and fun to work with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXMarch 10, 2016
A typical day for me would start at 6am organizing crews to get out the gate with their punch out items for each individual property. I would than check emails, handle customer requests, attend meetings, than I would be out inspecting my jobs in order to create punch-outs for the following week. While at each property I would take notes and measure areas in order to provide landscape enhancement proposals for the client and to meet with allocated budgets, the most enjoyable part of my job is to design and create beautiful landscape s
Pros
Good salary, Company vehicle, Great Team
Cons
Tremendous Growth, Less personable with big corporate.
Great Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MD 20707October 20, 2016
Great work expierence, great crew leaders and great oppertunities for moving up in the company. flexible hours as well as the managers are willing to extend hours if i need them, worked in new places frequently, the property managers met with me constantky great communication between me and the managers, loved working with different people on a regular basis, loved learning about the new plants and trees and landscaping ideas. only negative is if your not able to work full time at 6 days a week for long hours this job isnt the best for yu, you need to be committed to your job, and to your crew your performance really reflects your job.
Pros
New people
Cons
Awesome place to work and everyone was great!
Support Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHDecember 11, 2016
a typical day working at brickman was taking about 2 calls a day and doing some email processing from companies that we partner with. i learned how to use microsoft excel in the process of working there, which was used on a daily. The management was really great and friendly. there was not hard part to the job, once you knew how to do the job, everything was smooth sailing. the most enjoyable part was the location and mostly the people.
best landscaping company
Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 20, 2016
nationally known and their management is a staple for their convention. they have a great educational culture sharing knowledge of plants and other landscaping material to their employees. advancement is their if youre seeking it. being bilingual is a plus.
friendly office
Office Assistant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Bayshore NyDecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity to multi-task on several occasions. Whether it was someone at the counter needing a PO #, or someone on the phone. I loved the type of work I did there, they had different computer programs and I was using them on a daily basis to process the workload. Everyone got along with each other, there were approximately 25 people working together.
Pros
great place to work
Productive work enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 28, 2016
A typical work day consisted of fast paced work and friendly encounters with management, co-workers and customers. I learned a lot about the landscaping business and how to be successful in it. Management was very pleasant every morning they supplied us with tool and information for the various jobs. My co-workers were all team-oriented and took all jobs very seriously.
Pros
Healthcare, Pay, Work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Beautiful environment, nice people.
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 29, 2016
This job was ah great place for me to start up after school. Paid well and had me working for my money, at the same time made the world a better looking place, well Jersey anyway.
Pros
They paid great for me just graduating, fun things todo, i was always ah nature kid.
Cons
Favoritism to family and not the hard workers, those managers no longer work there.
graet place to work if your an out door person.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 7, 2016
a heavy job sometimes you have to stay ahead of your team because they depend on you to do the best that you can I like to give a 100% no matter what.
Pros
must be on time everyday.
Cons
hard work pays off.
productive
lawn mowing operator (Former Employee) –  chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2017
loved working there, good environment, always busy, many overtime hours, it was good working there but it was too far for me
Okay Pay, Paid weekly
Senior Support Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Brickman, it was very flexible, it was very easy to get the time off when you needed it. Not sure if its like that today. I had a great boss, who was very cool and made sure we stayed busy at all times. She created projects for everyone to do. I would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security not guaranteed

Want to know more about The Brickman Group, Ltd.?

Ask a question
Great company
Brach Administrator (Current Employee) –  NJApril 23, 2013
The Brickman Group is a great company to work for. Although it is a large company, we are structured with smaller offices throughout the country to be able to better service our customers. The compensation and benefits are great! The company has great culture and very family feel to it. There is many opportunities for advancement in different areas of the company or in many other locations. The management staff has a great open door policy and is always willing to include everyone. There is great work/life balance for anyone who has a family and is very flexible for hours,etc. if the need arises.
Pros
good benefits, many company activities for learning and company fun
Cons
benefits can be costly if you have a family
Labor Workplace
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Be at work at Stretch Line at 7:30. We have our own work cloths and gear. Just maintain your boots and glasses of your won. Take care of lawn service of certain location on Fort Bragg. Houses and apartments etc. Operate machinery, Fast Pace during the day
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Non Stop Heat And Operating Heavy Machineary
good people
gardener (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
i only worked there a short amount of time but mostly everyone there knew how to havefun and still get the job done it showed me alot in that time period.
fun place to work overall learned alot
supervisor laborer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2016
working at brickman thought me alot. like how to work with all different type of people. i also learned how to do different things like run machines at a young age now im a master at using any machine i use. the management at brickman was different but it still was there so i learned from them to. the hardest part of the job was definitely using shovels for everything that had anything to do with digging. the management didn't like spending money on machines when 6 guys could do the same thing in a longer period .
Ups and downs
Crew member On Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 11, 2016
Over all the company its self is great but the works always broke protocol or would cut corners way to much just so they could sit on there phones to play games or listen to music
Pros
Payed lunch
Cons
Bad employees
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 9, 2016
Morning exercises as a group along with all crews. I learned better management and customer service skills. Co workers were nice and made the work day go by faster. The hardest part of the job was the unfavorable weather conditions each day. The most enjoyable part was after so many days of no injuries or accidents concerning the workers everyone would be rewarded, fed at a picnic and showed lots of appreciation through gift cards.
Good company to learn the industry
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 2, 2012
Great company if you get a good management team over you that does not micro manage. They have a process in place for everything which is both good and bad at times. As an account manager, you will need to work 12 hour days and get paid for a 40 hour week. No commission for work order or new sales. Not great salary for job responsibilities. 45-55K for account manager position. Good flexibility if you have a great branch manager. Overall would have been more ideal if the pay was based on performance and not how good you know upper management.
Pros
learning landscape maintenance industry
Cons
long hours, weak compensation, micro management
A fast pace and productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 6, 2013
Good pace starts in the morning with stretches, crew members ask questions one at a time they get discussed and answered to improve work ethics and better the group. I've learn lots about safety dealing with different obstacles when cutting, edging, blowing, trimming, an cleaning, etc. I accelerated and became mobile (porting) interacting with different crew members learned many different work ethics, led others and taught others what I learned to better the group. Going from 40 hours to avg. 50 hours a week wasn't really a big issue with the work walking a few miles extra daily with the added responsibilities brought on a load for what my salary was. Overall the job is a great career and I recommend anyone interested to join the group.
Pros
A good company
Cons
Wouldn't adjust to my desired pay for labor/ Poor Manangment
Horrible Experience
Machine Operator/ Executive Mow Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 21, 2013
I have never worked in a more unprofessional workplace with no communication and no rewards for going above and beyond your job description. I was told i would receive a raise after being promoted and never received one. I was driving over an hour one way to work for my promotion and never received any kind of compinsation. I talked to my branch manager about problems with my supervisor, he assured me and my whole crew things would change and they did everything got worse. I have no good things to say about this company. It was a horrible experience. I was making 16.00 an hour and driving a 1/4 of the disatnce then got cut to 9.50 and that was my promotion plus driving 2 1/2 hours a day. More responsibility less pay and using more of my gas.
Cons
everything
proactive
Landscaping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 21, 2015
Brickman Grp is always looking for more business and constantly expanding. very good company to work for. They could focus more on the employees. and offer benefits
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brickman Group, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.