The Brickman Group, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Solid place to work
Market Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: Industry Knowledge, Equipment, Support
Cons: Structure, Travel
The systems and structure could use some work, but overall a great experience. Upper management are doing what they can for field personnel, but sometimes don't understand the differences in locations and climate. The types of people and the way people interact varies in different parts of the country.
Great company to work out.
Crewman & Driver (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 7, 2015
Work started at 6 am. Would join team member and get prep for the day by loaded the truck with equipment. Go to location to cut or trim area that is plan for our daily duty. Working and standing for more then 12 hours outdoor weather.
Productive and Active Work Place
Landscaper (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Able to gain a ton of experience in landscaping and gardening
Cons: work is not consistent
We would meet to be assigned a route to which we had to perform landscaping task. The supervisor would assign teams to collectively get the work done in a reasonable amount of time. My co workers were fantastic to work with because I learned things from them as I taught them different skills as well. We worked as a family. The hardest part of the job would be working in heat advisory weather while the most enjoyable part would be travelling.
Hard Work Low Pay
Crew/Landscaper (Current Employee), Marlboro, NJAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Plenty of hours
Cons: Very low pay, No benefits, Seasonal Employment
Typical day at Brickman starts at 7am and ends at 6pm. Extremely hard work and very fast paced. Terribly low pay and no benefits what so ever. Very little to no chance of advancement or pay increase. what you would call a "Dead End Job" Do not expect to make a career out of emplyment with The Brickman Group.
Productive workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
Lack of training. Relocation ends ability to work for company there. With proper training, tools are provided so future is up and coming.
good
Anonymous (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 15, 2015
great work environment, friendly people . Free lunches , great benefits . would recommend ypou working for this company. worked here for over a year
Brickman Group INC
Landscaping (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Bonus Benefits
Cons: small scratches and breaks
the most important thing I learned was getting along with your teammates and Being respectful to anyone.this job requires a lot of responsibility and confidence. you have to first be trustworthy to then be trusted on to run your work.
worked in good environment, fun interactive coworker
laborer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, bosses had good relationship with coworkers
Cons: tools messed up once in a while
I had many responsibilities once i started, but i did them to learn the ways of every tool. Once i got the hang of all the tools i got put to do more challenging obstacles, by the time i left there i could say i learn so much in little bit of time.
An experience
Lawn Care Worker (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great break times
Cons: seasonal
I was able to work with top people in the field of lawn care. I learn multiple job skills and was able to make them apart of my life now. I still cut lines with my little 21" mower like I'm using a 60" at this place. I loved the group I worked with as well. We worked well together to get the jobs done.
Good Workplace Good People But No Benefits
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: friendly workplace and pay weekly
Cons: no benefits
I would Really Want to invest my time in a job with benefits as well as Proper compensation.

its just that for the work that we do day to day involving the weather elements being that we are in florida which can reach degrees of 100 i would like health benefits and proper compensation
Poor Environment
Crew Leader (Current Employee), IndianaJune 11, 2015
No benefits unless you are salaried, very minimal opportuity for advancement, no paid time off or sick leave unless salaried. They care more about the bottom line than their people and would rather hire new people over and over to keep pay low than to keep good workers and promote from within.
Enjoyable, hard work outdoors
General Laborer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Demanding work
Cons: Hot days outside, not much room for advancement, little job security
We started at a pretty early hour meeting at the main location. The teams loaded into their trucks to begin the work day. We cut a lot of grass and did landscaping for businesses. We also planted, cut down, and trimmed trees. Operated some equipment. The team was great and management was good as well. The hardest part about the job was being out in the sun. The most enjoyable part was the hard work and learning new processes for landscaping.
It's a degrading place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Everything else.
A typical day starts with stretching. I learned how to plant flowers properly and that's about it. Management was trash and most of my co-workers were prejudice. The hardest part of this job is working 12 hours a day with little to no appreciation from management whatsoever. I didn't enjoy this job at all, but I stuck with it because I am loyal.
Great people to work with
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Plano,TxJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great management team
Work would start at 6, would get my crews lined out for the day. Then would check all my properties and spray if needed. Check sprinkler controller programs and color. Would meet my crew at the end of the day, and check to make sure equipment is ready for tomorrow.
Lacking in management
Landscaping assistant (Former Employee), Frenchman CreekMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hours are good
Cons: No benefits or further advancement
Working for them was good at first then they fired employees that were illegal but what I don't understand is those particular employees had worked there for over 15 years. Then they bring in new employees who just weren't very good and it got to be too much trying to pick up the slack from the employees who weren't very good.
Horrible company
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2015
When i first started at Brickman i had zero landscaping experience. the training there is horrible. they show you one time how to do something and expect you to be perfect at it after that. and if you dont know how to do something they will put you on the most meaningless job possible. the pay sucks, they are the oldest and biggest national landscaping company yet they pay the lowest. they expect you to drop your whole family life to be at their disposal. management there sucks...they are basically modern day slave drivers.
Fast pace and quality work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaApril 28, 2015
I learned many things dealing with lawn care. I learned how to supervise my own work crew. The best part of the job is getting the respect I got from my crew members.
okay place to work
landscaper (Former Employee), Forrest park gaApril 24, 2015
Okay place to work if you just starting out not enough room for advancement hard to get a raise will have to work for about a year to get a raise
Nice people, poor communication
Intern (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAApril 21, 2015
Cons: Poor Communication
Great experience as an intern would recommend that other people looking for an internship apply here. However they need to work on their communication skills, for being such a big company they arent that great at communication
Good money
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 17, 2015
Hard work and good money. I loved working with my crew, got to travel to diff. properties and learn new things everyday. & Yes Hard work some times long Hours but still had fun and maid good money.