The Brickman Group, Ltd. Employee Reviews in United States

Very high end residential
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 9, 2016
This company was one of the ones i enjoyed working for the best. Working with high end residential and commercial. I was involves with some very extensive projects with the Bass's of Fort Worth TX
Pros
great work environment
Cons
lay offs
Productive work enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 28, 2016
A typical work day consisted of fast paced work and friendly encounters with management, co-workers and customers. I learned a lot about the landscaping business and how to be successful in it. Management was very pleasant every morning they supplied us with tool and information for the various jobs. My co-workers were all team-oriented and took all jobs very seriously.
Pros
Healthcare, Pay, Work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Great Workplace, Friendly
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 11, 2016
Great Workplace, Friendly, Communication is great and workers are happy and fun. Management works around your schedule.
Bad Choice
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers at Brickman but the branch manager seems to have anger problems. I have seen him fire good employees for being 5 minutes late. He spends a lot of time making fun of his employees behind there backs.
Pros
big company
Cons
branch manager cares only about himself
crew members were cool
Driver (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 5, 2016
the company would b better if the crew leaders actually did some work they just want to drive around all day thin come back to the sight when we the drivers an the crew finish the work.
Pros
sometimes the crew leaders would buy louch
Cons
crew leaders dont do anything but try to drive
best landscaping company
Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 20, 2016
nationally known and their management is a staple for their convention. they have a great educational culture sharing knowledge of plants and other landscaping material to their employees. advancement is their if youre seeking it. being bilingual is a plus.
Okay Pay, Paid weekly
Senior Support Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Brickman, it was very flexible, it was very easy to get the time off when you needed it. Not sure if its like that today. I had a great boss, who was very cool and made sure we stayed busy at all times. She created projects for everyone to do. I would work there again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security not guaranteed
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 9, 2016
Morning exercises as a group along with all crews. I learned better management and customer service skills. Co workers were nice and made the work day go by faster. The hardest part of the job was the unfavorable weather conditions each day. The most enjoyable part was after so many days of no injuries or accidents concerning the workers everyone would be rewarded, fed at a picnic and showed lots of appreciation through gift cards.
New cultural experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILApril 25, 2016
I have a great time working with Brickman and met great interesting people. common day was working 10-12 hours. learned tremendous amounts of landscaping techniques. co-workers are sometimes hard to deal with but overall great people.
fun place to work overall learned alot
supervisor laborer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2016
working at brickman thought me alot. like how to work with all different type of people. i also learned how to do different things like run machines at a young age now im a master at using any machine i use. the management at brickman was different but it still was there so i learned from them to. the hardest part of the job was definitely using shovels for everything that had anything to do with digging. the management didn't like spending money on machines when 6 guys could do the same thing in a longer period .

Want to know more about The Brickman Group, Ltd.?

Ask a question
Work very hard everyday
Laborer - In the Enhancements Department (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 2, 2016
Begin work at 6:30 am everyday and usually work 10 hour days and get off at 5pm. Plant trees, flowers, bushes, shrubs, etc. And also remove old or dead flowers, plants, bushes, and shrubs.
Pros
Can use skidsteer when applicable.
Cons
Long days, sometimes 65+ hours a week
great workplace and atmosphere
crew member (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 2, 2016
i enjoyed it here and miss it just as much its probably one of the best jobs ive had that didnt come with heavy stress or drama
Good job but faulty business
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2016
Seasoned members of the business are quickly booted out in place of younger workers who do not need or require the pay the veterans were given. Not my type of management but the business was trying to expand.
A good solid team and fun to work with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXMarch 10, 2016
A typical day for me would start at 6am organizing crews to get out the gate with their punch out items for each individual property. I would than check emails, handle customer requests, attend meetings, than I would be out inspecting my jobs in order to create punch-outs for the following week. While at each property I would take notes and measure areas in order to provide landscape enhancement proposals for the client and to meet with allocated budgets, the most enjoyable part of my job is to design and create beautiful landscape s
Pros
Good salary, Company vehicle, Great Team
Cons
Tremendous Growth, Less personable with big corporate.
great experience for people that want to learn the industry
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 2, 2016
during the peak season, it is very busy and always on the move.
you must like the challenge. I learned a lot from all levels of positions. Management like promote with in, so they train you what they know.
Pros
you get support from your piers
Cons
very long hours
Company worth working for
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2016
Every day is set on a schedule.
Company willing to teach new skills for advancement
Great crew members to work with.
Always have new and top of the line equipment
Cons
Hired to many out of country workers instead of locals
Fun place to work
Colorado - Laborer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 24, 2016
It has been a great experience I have enjoyed meeting all the different people and I love how culturally diverse the company is.
outdoor move at your own pace kind of work
crew member/ landscaper (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 12, 2016
attended to regular landscape maintenance, have operated xmark stand on mowers. and any other gas powered lawn tool like hedge bars, weed eaters, backpack blowers, stick edgers and etc.also simple hand tools like shovel, rake, ho, etc.
Pros
got to be outside all day
Cons
did not have a designated lunch area, just made do with what we had.
awesome place to work at. keeps you busy all day and you alwaus have something to do
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 10, 2016
you start your day by starting the mowers and making sure there running properly, you grease and oil anything that needs it. i learned that sometimes theres going to be obstacles but to just maintain calm and youll get past it. my co workers were all hard workers, there was never a time where they were sitting around
An honest days work with a fun work environment
Landscape Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAFebruary 2, 2016
Reliable schedule working 7 to 3 every weekday and sometimes weekends with overtime. Learned how to operate numerous pieces of landscaping equipment from reliable coworkers and good supervisors. Hardest part of job was working in unfavorable weather conditions, and most enjoyable was the environment made by employees.
Pros
Work days go by fast
Cons
Tedious work