The Brickman Group

The Brickman Group Employer Reviews

Hard work but can be rewarding
Account Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: the contacts for better personal pricing on plant material
Cons: late nights and snow removal
The hardest part of the job is the physical side. Its alot of hard work and late nights. The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of completely transforming properties and making customers happy.
not a fun place to work
Feild superintendent (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: managers need to learn how to teat crewmembers
Brickman has come a long way since I worked there. I learned how to manage crews and I also learned a lot about the field.
fun out going work place
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 19, 2014
i really did enjoy working for this company but the low ball you with a starting rate and they tell you your up for a reiew and tell you u violated a safety issue as far as a loose shoe lace and there goes your chance of getting a 2 cent raise
Fast-paced, results driven company. Operational excellence focused
Vice President - General Manager Northwest (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 22, 2014
Manages large commercial landscapes for a multitude of customers. Focused on enhancing the landscape pertaining to individual site managers and site necessities. Managed multiple business units in Oregon and Washington. Oversees staffing, retaining and developing management staff with an emphasis on customer service / relations. I enjoy growing the business with existing customers as well as outside sales.
Don't treat their employees with respect
Laborer (Former Employee), Oakwood Village, OHOctober 8, 2014
do not recommend working for this company. disrespectful, bad management, no care for employees
Large Corporation fast paced working environment
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
Yearly perks such as a Disneyland trip. Frequent company bbq's. Could use some organizational and new employee training updates.
Productive place to work.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Essex, MDJuly 15, 2014
Environmentally friendly with an easy going office environment.
No training
Opperations/Accounts Manager (Former Employee), BillericaMay 19, 2014
If you enjoy drinking and doing illegal drugs without consequence this is the place to work.
Lawn maintenance at St. Lukes Hospital
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: worked independently, routine busy day, train crew members
Cons: extreme weather variations during the summer and winter
Upon arriving at the work site, which as a very large city hospital, I would start my day by picking up all garbage on the grounds. Then each day there was a designated area that required regular lawn maintenance involving mowing, string-trimming, weed picking, planting/replacing flowers/shrubs, mulching, repair of weather damage by seeding/sodding, and pruning. In the winter snow removal was provided in addition to salting.
The Brickman Group Review
MAINTENANCE/WORK ORDER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Howell, NJNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: inexperienced management teams
Typical day can vary from one day to the next.
One of the greatest training companies with a great respect for their labor force.
Management is made up of graduates of reputable schools.
Some of the most amazing and diverse employees on the labor force
Hardest part of my job, Plenty of hard long hours during the snow season.
Most enjoyable part was the chance to meet and work with some of the greatest guys in the landscaping industry
A fast pace and productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: a good company
Cons: wouldn't adjust to my desired pay for labor/ poor manangment
Good pace starts in the morning with stretches, crew members ask questions one at a time they get discussed and answered to improve work ethics and better the group. I've learn lots about safety dealing with different obstacles when cutting, edging, blowing, trimming, an cleaning, etc. I accelerated and became mobile (porting) interacting with different crew members learned many different work ethics, led others and taught others what I learned to better the group. Going from 40 hours to avg. 50 hours a week wasn't really a big issue with the work walking a few miles extra daily with the added responsibilities brought on a load for what my salary was. Overall the job is a great career and I recommend anyone interested to join the group.
Landscaping... loved seeing the transfomation
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2013
Pros: on the job exercise, i related to finished project... feeling of accomplishment
Cons: seasonal/ work dependant on the weather
Loved the work, phsical work brings more satisfaction of a job well done, can relate to the finished product and see accomplishments.
Great people, literally zero infrastructure, no outside life
Operations Manager (Former Employee), richmond vaMay 6, 2013
A typical day consisted of re-scheduling, filtering in requests, purchasing materials, pricing out vendors, etc. Learned how to manage myself, organize an extreme workload, and how to keep my cool in a high stress situation. Upper management seriously didnt exist, corporate offers no support, and you can expect them to put any company wide cost, on the branch; even though the branches each pay a corporate fee per month. The pay sucks, i worked 55-60 hrs a week, no compensation for that time and there was no room to make more than 2.5 % a year on your increase regardless of how you preformed. I miss my co-workers, but i had to get out.
GREAT COMPANY
Brach Administrator (Current Employee), NJApril 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits, many company activities for learning and company fun
Cons: benefits can be costly if you have a family
The Brickman Group is a great company to work for. Although it is a large company, we are structured with smaller offices throughout the country to be able to better service our customers. The compensation and benefits are great! The company has great culture and very family feel to it. There is many opportunities for advancement in different areas of the company or in many other locations. The management staff has a great open door policy and is always willing to include everyone. There is great work/life balance for anyone who has a family and is very flexible for hours,etc. if the need arises.
Family and friendly type atmosphere
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: great employee benefits and team building outings
Cons: regular routine can get monotonous
I am usually in the office all day completing various tasks such as; account payables and recievables, answering phone calls, payroll, and company and personel data entry and filing. The management on the branch level is very welcoming and presents an "open door" policy, as does the higher management in regional and divisional levels. I enjoy the people I work with very much, when asked what I enjoy most about my job it is always the people I work with.
Company is in transition.... hopefully for the better
Account Manager (Current Employee), MidwestMarch 16, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: unclear expectations and procedures
With a new CEO & upper management quality of service and employee retention are more of a focus rather than just making money.
productive
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Gardena, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: working with great co-workers
Cons: far drive
Spreadsheets
purchase orders
invoicing
A/R
A/P
Human Resources within Branch
co-workers are great to work with
the hardest part of the job is saying no to more responsilbilty
Good company to learn the industry
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 2, 2012
Pros: learning landscape maintenance industry
Cons: long hours, weak compensation, micro management
Great company if you get a good management team over you that does not micro manage. They have a process in place for everything which is both good and bad at times. As an account manager, you will need to work 12 hour days and get paid for a 40 hour week. No commission for work order or new sales. Not great salary for job responsibilities. 45-55K for account manager position. Good flexibility if you have a great branch manager. Overall would have been more ideal if the pay was based on performance and not how good you know upper management.
Good company to work for
Account Manager and Regional Estimator (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: limited upward mobility
Reviewed bid documents, coordinated pricing efforts with sales staff, and submitted proposals to clients.

About The Brickman Group

The Brickman Group, Ltd. is a provider of commercial landscape maintenance services in the United States serving commercial properties – Read more

The Brickman Group Photos