The Bridge Inc Employee Reviews

Nice environment
Administrative Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2017
I was at a position where I was involved in 5 different departments. This was a treatment facility for teens who were in trouble with the law or drugs and alcohol. I also supervised 4 Administrative employees and Liason with the Corporate office. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the work load. I loved being involved in decision making, and development of procedures. I really loved this job.
Pros
Involvement with issues and the importance of my decision
Cons
Stress
Fun and Mentally Challenging
Treatment Aide (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 13, 2017
Not a physically demanding, but can be mentally draining. Compassion fatigue is a bound to take place if dealing with multiple programs. Getting to learn about the clients and helping with their problems is a plus after establishing a productive relationship.
Pros
Helping other's
Cons
Can feel lost in the fold as far as being appreciated
great place to work
Drug Treatment center (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 10, 2017
this give you a change to share your life skills and help change lives of others. make a different is always a life change for someone who never had that chance
Pros
help others
Great environment for chikdren!
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
Great place for children and wonderful environment to work, various culture, benefits good.. I loved working here, you can advance with the right education...
teamwork and productive environment
Family Preservation Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irvington, NJJanuary 9, 2017
Open job-related discussion. Respect among staffs.The job is challenging as related to mental health. The management and staff relation are excellent.
Nice place to work if you enjoy working with teens and youth
Treatment Aid/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at The Bridge because I was able to help a group of teens overcome their battles with drug addiction and many forms of abuse.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Not enough pay
This was a fun place to work in the past, working on a team and co-workers becoming like family. This is a horrible place to work if you genuinely
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2016
care about people. However if you are only there to get a paycheck and can turn your head to the wrongful treatment of clients, this is the place for you. Stressful environment thanks to management, co-workers are decent however with them being stressed as well it makes for a hostile environment. Managers lie on staff all the time, they cook the books and it's well known by the top Managers. This place will be shut down soon as they get around their friends they have in the other governing agencies that continue to assist them even with reports of misconduct to the clients, billing fraud and not providing services to the clients. Having friends in different organizations have been very helpful to this organization. However the same has been for bigger organization that now have their doors shut completely. I'll wait for it
Pros
There's only pros if you're the right race meaning non African American or Latino
Cons
No structure, does not care about the clients they serve, does not care about staff, billing for services that they do not render, Managers are horrible inexperienced, lack leadership, hire all their family and friends, high turnover rate, Pay is horrible unless you're of the other race, family or friend
Great place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
The patients are always a priority and thats wonderful to know theres a safe place for those who need extra help. It was a great work enviornment and they give their employees wonderful room to grow.
Not enough supervision for Program Managers.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 15, 2015
Provide supervision for staff. Schedule staff for 24 hour coverage. Order food and office supplies for the residence. The hardest part of the job is when you do not receive team support from your supervisor or upper management. The most enjoyable part is when a client stays out of the hospital and does well at the residence.
Pros
Provide training for staff
Cons
Underpaid staff
It was good working there but it has a lot of paper work
Therapist 1 (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at the bridge with the clients. It was my first time working with males but I would say I adapted well. The clients were adolescents were there ordered by the court for drug and alcohol problems.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
Paper work
overwhelming
Supported Housing Case manager (Current Employee) –  bronx new yorkJune 9, 2015
A typical day consist of visiting clients at there homes for face to face visits on a monthly basis to conduct ongoing maintenance assessments and act as liason with Bridge dept and landlords regarding needed repairs.

However its difficult at times due to clients forgetting they have appointments scheduled or just refusing to comply.

We also provided rehabilitative services for our clients who have psychiatric disabilites.

responsible for all written correspondence, letters, memos and reports, as well as any other duties as assigned.
Pros
able to work at own pace, create/ manage own schedules.
Cons
increase in work load without any increase in pay.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 6, 2015
Greeting patients and there familys and checking them in for there services. I learned everyone needs help and understand. Management was great about everything , co-worker were easy to work with and helpful. Not been able to help the patient meet there goals on the program. Being able to help someone save there lives.
Pros
Free lunches and weekends off
Cons
short breaks
Challenging and rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work entails managing employees and clients. What I have learned in this job is balance. Management overall is supportive. Co-workers work cohesively as a team more often. The hardest part of the job is when employees have tensions among themselves and with clients. Another stressful period is when it is auditing season. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see clients grow in their mental and physical abilities and move on to another chapter in their lives through independent living.
Free lunch
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Work with the great people. They are very friendly. Learned a lot from them. Pay is limited. you have to watch what you spend.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Office place too narrow
productive and fun workplace
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 16, 2014
the most enjoyable pat is working with the client and I learn to document thing in health field
So so
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Its great if you use the job to get training to qualify you other opportunites
Pros
Job training can be used for casac
Cons
Very loww pay
Disappointment
Resdential Counselorn II (Former Employee) –  GAApril 14, 2014
This was a job that if you didn't get to the bank first7 your payroll check bounced
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Payroll checkes bounced
Loved working with the children
Residential Counselor for Gateway Program (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2013
The Bridge was an institution committed to helping at risk children and youth that were in DFCS or DJJ custody. Several years after working there I now understand the difficulties of providing quality care while trying to be a financially viable institution.
A productive learning workplace
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2013
A typical work day would include checking each fl and kitchen and
medicine room is locked. Count all control substances. The hardest part of the job would be supervising all 40 clients with medicine and making sure each client understands their medication effects and why it is important they take their medication. I have been AMAPed certified.
Good for the time being
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 6, 2013
The Brige is a good organization to work for. The only problem is that there is no room for advancement.