The Bridge Inc Employee Reviews

Not enough supervision for Program Managers.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 15, 2015
Provide supervision for staff. Schedule staff for 24 hour coverage. Order food and office supplies for the residence. The hardest part of the job is when you do not receive team support from your supervisor or upper management. The most enjoyable part is when a client stays out of the hospital and does well at the residence.
Pros
Provide training for staff
Cons
Underpaid staff
It was good working there but it has a lot of paper work
Therapist 1 (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at the bridge with the clients. It was my first time working with males but I would say I adapted well. The clients were adolescents were there ordered by the court for drug and alcohol problems.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
Paper work
overwhelming
Supported Housing Case manager (Current Employee) –  bronx new yorkJune 9, 2015
A typical day consist of visiting clients at there homes for face to face visits on a monthly basis to conduct ongoing maintenance assessments and act as liason with Bridge dept and landlords regarding needed repairs.

However its difficult at times due to clients forgetting they have appointments scheduled or just refusing to comply.

We also provided rehabilitative services for our clients who have psychiatric disabilites.

responsible for all written correspondence, letters, memos and reports, as well as any other duties as assigned.
Pros
able to work at own pace, create/ manage own schedules.
Cons
increase in work load without any increase in pay.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 6, 2015
Greeting patients and there familys and checking them in for there services. I learned everyone needs help and understand. Management was great about everything , co-worker were easy to work with and helpful. Not been able to help the patient meet there goals on the program. Being able to help someone save there lives.
Pros
Free lunches and weekends off
Cons
short breaks
Challenging and rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work entails managing employees and clients. What I have learned in this job is balance. Management overall is supportive. Co-workers work cohesively as a team more often. The hardest part of the job is when employees have tensions among themselves and with clients. Another stressful period is when it is auditing season. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see clients grow in their mental and physical abilities and move on to another chapter in their lives through independent living.
Free lunch
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Work with the great people. They are very friendly. Learned a lot from them. Pay is limited. you have to watch what you spend.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Office place too narrow
productive and fun workplace
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 16, 2014
the most enjoyable pat is working with the client and I learn to document thing in health field
So so
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Its great if you use the job to get training to qualify you other opportunites
Pros
job training can be used for casac
Cons
very loww pay
Disappointment
Resdential Counselorn II (Former Employee) –  GAApril 14, 2014
This was a job that if you didn't get to the bank first7 your payroll check bounced
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
payroll checkes bounced
Loved working with the children
Residential Counselor for Gateway Program (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2013
The Bridge was an institution committed to helping at risk children and youth that were in DFCS or DJJ custody. Several years after working there I now understand the difficulties of providing quality care while trying to be a financially viable institution.
A productive learning workplace
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2013
A typical work day would include checking each fl and kitchen and
medicine room is locked. Count all control substances. The hardest part of the job would be supervising all 40 clients with medicine and making sure each client understands their medication effects and why it is important they take their medication. I have been AMAPed certified.
Good for the time being
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 6, 2013
The Brige is a good organization to work for. The only problem is that there is no room for advancement.
Good company to get started with
Female Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company, because they give you the freedom and tools to get the job done.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
limited supervision
Good place to begin but don't overstay your welcome.
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 2, 2013
A typical shift as a residence counselor is simple. Come in log in the log book. Greet the clients. Supervise medications. Meet with clients if you have a case load and complete progress notes via online system. You do gain valuable people skills if you choose to learn and education yourself utilizing your experience at the agency. The clients are wonderful and many people will tell you they make working at the agency worthwhile. They really are good people that need assistance from compassionate individuals. Co-workers from my experience differ from location to location. Each building has its own culture. There are some truly wonderful managers at this agency however, there are many ego centric power hungry managers that will make your life just as miserable as theirs if you are not on your game and taking care of your work in a timely manner. Don't think you can just do nothing at all because the environment can be laid back at times. Make sure you stay on top of your responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is the low salary, weak union regarding fighting for higher pay, moving on to better positions or in house disputes with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients and if you are lucky enough like myself to work with great co-worker and good managers. Let me be honest as I'm not sure who was writing these other reviews but the majority of Residence Counselors complain heavily about this agency and with good reason. Although the union is 1199 which if you work in a hospital setting is wonderful, in this setting it's quite the opposite. The union  more... delegates and representatives do not have your back. They rarely call back despite how many messages you leave on their answering machine should you need them for anything. You are discouraged from striking by the delegates themselves as they try to "inform you" that if you do strike it could take a loooong time and you could risk losing your benefits. I would imagine that after seeing how the staff struggles the union would strongly encourage you to STRIKE so that you could get better salary including night differential. No raises are given for several years at a time not to mention again no night differential. Interestingly enough they do have a budget to open new positions and new buildings through some logical explanation I'm sure such as project specific funding etc. Let me be fair by saying this is a great place to start if you are interested in beginning a new career (entry level) in the field of social work. Just don't have high expectations. Come in work, learn and get an education half funded by the union which is one of the two only things they are good for. The other is your health benefits which I must give them is excellent! Flexibility and job stability are quite strong. Soon as you get enough experience and/or an education...GET OUT! There's a lot more out there for you somewhere else. This isn't the type of place to make your home unless you are one of the very few people getting paid a decent salary. This is just my honest opinion from my own experience working at this agency. It is not meant to scare or deter anyone from being employed at this agency or harm the agency's reputation in any way. The Bridge has their pros and cons like any other place of employment out there. My opinion is just that...mine. You can decide for yourself in the end which is what you should do!  less
Pros
flexibility
Cons
very weak union, no night differential, very low salary, not a lot of room for advancement
Productive and informative workplace.
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  new york, nyFebruary 17, 2013
Enjoyed the workplace all inclusive of co-workers and participants.
Pros
great benefits.
This position enhanced my knowledge of the mental health field, it was an interesting position.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
I learned a great deal about the mental health community and what entails to stabilize individuals suffering with mental illness. I learned some of the medications and its side effects. I advocated for the member in the residential facility to ensure the quality of life.
Pros
direct client services
Cons
not enough privacy to provide individual counseling when needed.
This was a good job for a self motivated worker.
Substance Abuse Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Payne, AlabamaDecember 8, 2012
I enjoyed several aspects of my job with the Bridge. I especially liked the 4 day work week. I am very self motivated and a self starter and this was the greatest position to exercise those attributes. I enjoyed the freedom and flexibility of the position I held, and the mobility involved. On the other hand, I feel that I was not trained very well in the company's clinical documentation. I never had a clinical review for the first year and I desperately needed to be taught the Bridges documentation requirements . Supervision was minimal, therefore, training was minimal. The salary was lower than most positions that I have perused in this geographical area. Benefits were comparable to other companies in this area. Co-Workers were very friendly and it was a small setting with only four of us at this facility. The hardest part of the job was starting a completely new program and working out all the equipment kinks and problems.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
poor training in
Challenging and rewarding work enviroment
Medical Assistant/ RTA (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 3, 2012
In the am I work in campus infirmary. Office management, schedule appointments,Caring for on-site clients. Routine and emergency medical care.Administer meds.
Evening I work in IN-house program with teen clients as RTA ; ADL, exercise program, night-time regime.
Pros
making a positive difference in the lives of troubled teens
Cons
weak program structure
It was decent
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2012
This job enhanced my compassion for people
Management was okay
older worker were complacent and controlling
Pros
cook for clients
Important Work
Communications and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 12, 2012
This is a company dedicated to helping teens cope with, and overcome, symptoms of addiction. It's, unfortunately, a growing demographic that gets overlooked.

Some of the most caring people I have met anywhere.

2.8