The Bridge Inc

The Bridge Inc Employer Reviews

SO SO
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: job training can be used for casac
Cons: very loww pay
ITS GREAT IF YOU USE THE JOB TO GET TRAINING TO QUALIFY YOU OTHER OPPORTUNITES
Disappointment
Resdential Counselorn II (Former Employee), GAApril 14, 2014
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: payroll checkes bounced
This was a job that if you didn't get to the bank first7 your payroll check bounced
Loved working with the children
Residential Counselor for Gateway Program (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2013
The Bridge was an institution committed to helping at risk children and youth that were in DFCS or DJJ custody. Several years after working there I now understand the difficulties of providing quality care while trying to be a financially viable institution.
A productive learning workplace
Residence Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2013
A typical work day would include checking each fl and kitchen and
medicine room is locked. Count all control substances. The hardest part of the job would be supervising all 40 clients with medicine and making sure each client understands their medication effects and why it is important they take their medication. I have been AMAPed certified.
Good for the time being
Resident Counselor (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 6, 2013
The Brige is a good organization to work for. The only problem is that there is no room for advancement.
Good company to get started with
Female Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: limited supervision
I enjoyed working for this company, because they give you the freedom and tools to get the job done.
Good place to begin but don't overstay your welcome.
Residence Counselor (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: very weak union, no night differential, very low salary, not a lot of room for advancement
A typical shift as a residence counselor is simple. Come in log in the log book. Greet the clients. Supervise medications. Meet with clients if you have a case load and complete progress notes via online system. You do gain valuable people skills if you choose to learn and education yourself utilizing your experience at the agency. The clients are wonderful – more... and many people will tell you they make working at the agency worthwhile. They really are good people that need assistance from compassionate individuals. Co-workers from my experience differ from location to location. Each building has its own culture. There are some truly wonderful managers at this agency however, there are many ego centric power hungry managers that will make your life just as miserable as theirs if you are not on your game and taking care of your work in a timely manner. Don't think you can just do nothing at all because the environment can be laid back at times. Make sure you stay on top of your responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is the low salary, weak union regarding fighting for higher pay, moving on to better positions or in house disputes with management. The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients and if you are lucky enough like myself to work with great co-worker and good managers. Let me be honest as I'm not sure who was writing these other reviews but the majority of Residence Counselors complain heavily about this agency and with good reason. Although the union is 1199 which if you work in a hospital setting is wonderful, in this setting it's quite the opposite. The union delegates and representatives do not have your back. They rarely call back despite how many messages you leave on their answering machine should you need them for anything. You are discouraged from striking by the delegates themselves as they try to "inform you" that if you do strike it could take a loooong time and you could risk losing your benefits. I would imagine that after seeing how the staff struggles the union would strongly encourage you to STRIKE so that you could get better salary including night differential. No raises are given for several years at a time not to mention again no night differential. Interestingly enough they do have a budget to open new positions and new buildings through some logical explanation I'm sure such as project specific funding etc. Let me be fair by saying this is a great place to start if you are interested in beginning a new career (entry level) in the field of social work. Just don't have high expectations. Come in work, learn and get an education half funded by the union which is one of the two only things they are good for. The other is your health benefits which I must give them is excellent! Flexibility and job stability are quite strong. Soon as you get enough experience and/or an education...GET OUT! There's a lot more out there for you somewhere else. This isn't the type of place to make your home unless you are one of the very few people getting paid a decent salary. This is just my honest opinion from my own experience working at this agency. It is not meant to scare or deter anyone from being employed at this agency or harm the agency's reputation in any way. The Bridge has their pros and cons like any other place of employment out there. My opinion is just that...mine. You can decide for yourself in the end which is what you should do! – less
Productive and informative workplace.
Residence Counselor (Former Employee), new york, nyFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
Enjoyed the workplace all inclusive of co-workers and participants.

March 6, 2013

as an employee for several years i have learned alot to when i !st started... but when my experience as a dedicated employee was not enough top save my job due to a client approached me in a threatening manner. i was accused of being a threat to the client. so i was terminated... now currently looking for another job. no 1 had my best interest in this matter.

March 8, 2013

this is a lie coming from a former employee who is no longer employed there due to client came firts instead of the safety of the counselor....

This position enhanced my knowledge of the mental health field, it was an interesting position.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
Pros: direct client services
Cons: not enough privacy to provide individual counseling when needed.
I learned a great deal about the mental health community and what entails to stabilize individuals suffering with mental illness. I learned some of the medications and its side effects. I advocated for the member in the residential facility to ensure the quality of life.
This was a good job for a self motivated worker.
Substance Abuse Therapist (Former Employee), Ft. Payne, AlabamaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: poor training in
I enjoyed several aspects of my job with the Bridge. I especially liked the 4 day work week. I am very self motivated and a self starter and this was the greatest position to exercise those attributes. I enjoyed the freedom and flexibility of the position I held, and the mobility involved. On the other hand, I feel that I was not trained very well in – more... the company's clinical documentation. I never had a clinical review for the first year and I desperately needed to be taught the Bridges documentation requirements . Supervision was minimal, therefore, training was minimal. The salary was lower than most positions that I have perused in this geographical area. Benefits were comparable to other companies in this area. Co-Workers were very friendly and it was a small setting with only four of us at this facility. The hardest part of the job was starting a completely new program and working out all the equipment kinks and problems. – less
Challenging and rewarding work enviroment
Medical Assistant/ RTA (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALOctober 3, 2012
Pros: making a positive difference in the lives of troubled teens
Cons: weak program structure
In the am I work in campus infirmary. Office management, schedule appointments,Caring for on-site clients. Routine and emergency medical care.Administer meds.
Evening I work in IN-house program with teen clients as RTA ; ADL, exercise program, night-time regime.
It was decent
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2012
Pros: cook for clients
This job enhanced my compassion for people
Management was okay
older worker were complacent and controlling
Important Work
Communications and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALMay 12, 2012
This is a company dedicated to helping teens cope with, and overcome, symptoms of addiction. It's, unfortunately, a growing demographic that gets overlooked.

Some of the most caring people I have met anywhere.
Great Work Place.
Basic clerical activities (Former Employee), Mobile, ALApril 3, 2012
Pros: lay back work place
Cons: lot of paper work.
Treatment Aide - Mobile
Job Responsibilities

Program Security
• Constant and immediate supervision of program clients during daily operational activities, including meals, education, recreation, group time, and sleeping hours.
• Intervention in instances of client violation of program rules or safety regulations using approved methods.
• Conduct basic – more... living skills group instruction or adventure-based group instruction as required.
• Perform head counts of clients at required intervals.
• Conduct program safety and security checks during shift as directed.
• Assist in conducting intake and outtake of clients.
• Provide transportation for clients following all procedures and protocols for safety and security.
• Serve as point of contact for assigned shift as required or requested by Program Coordinator, Program Manager or his/her designee. – less