The Bridge Employee Reviews

It is an okay job to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 24, 2016
It is an okay job to work at.
Some people will not want to help you when you really need the help.
What I learned was you have to depend on yourself to get the job done not on anyone else.
Management is very basic.
Pros
The environment is very friendly.
Cons
Management is very basic, don't take complaints seriously, Other people who work there like to think there the boss of everyone, Only a few will help you in the time of need
Fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work will be in the mornings because each child will arrive hyper and ready to enjoy their day. I've learned tutoring kids with basic academics and teaching basic life skills. The hardest part of the job will be getting every child settled and relaxed. Most enjoyable part of the job is how majority of children always bring in drawings or paintings to give me as a present.
working to better the lives of those who suffer from mental illness and addiction
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
On any typical day I would either conduct several counseling groups for men and women struggling with addiction, or conduct individual bio-psycho-social assessments for potential clients.
Very rewarding place. Nice to see that as a counselor you were making an impact on someone's life.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALSeptember 23, 2015
Dealing with drug abuse clients. Setting up appointments. Doing assessments, group and individual sessions. Checking on drug test results. Court dealings. Communication with the Bridge main office and the community in general to assist the clients.
Pros
Rewarding, good benefits
Cons
Late hours, failure at times, disrespectful clients, failed tests.
rewarding and friendly work place
Residential Coach II/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work was helping at risk youth and teens learn to acumen themselves back into a social setting or environment with others without risk.
Pros
Being able to see improvement with an at risk youth.
Cons
Not being able to reach more of the youth I worked with.
Amazing workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2014
Great workplace filled with good nature co-workers. Great outside of work benefits. Good balanced weekly hours and respectable management
fun
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TNJuly 2, 2012
great staff love the nurses and the CNA's are awesome, Gerry Psych great teaching for new nurses. great benefits if you can get in full time. I wish I lived in TN still cause I would be rite back there working.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
no benefits for prn staff
great employees and managers
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
I would work either during the day from 7:30am-4:00pm or 5:30pm-12am. morning shifts would include preparing and serving breakfast, activities such as games, movies, etc. some patients would have school classes in which I would just monitor children. I learned that these adolescents really needed help and were being taken care of by some wonderful people. I got along with all of my co-workers, down to earth people with a passion for helping others. the hardest part of the job was when the children would fight with each other, have a bad attitude towards employees, etc. I enjoyed meeting the kids and spending time with them and watching their progress.
Pros
eating with kids, learning about their life stories
Cons
heart broken, having empathy for the kids and what they have been through
This is not the ideal place to work
Life Enrichment Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNAugust 19, 2015
The job itself was not a bad position and I really enjoyed some of the employees and residents but the management here was awful and they had their favorites. The actions that management would take would not be justifiable. The pay was not equivalent to the work and time put in.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, Some of the employees
1st Generation meets 3rd Generation
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 23, 2015
The after school program offers homework support, recreational sports, arts and crafts, youth groups, and more. The typical at work is like most after school programs: prep the classrooms with educational goods and cleaning up after.

The most rewarding part of this job is making a child smile, and parents understanding their children better through our service learning programs.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great staff
Cons
it get too hot in the summer time, bad air conditioning, building needs new renovation
Overall great place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  MonteagleAugust 12, 2015
Hard job, as all med pass nursing jobs are. Psych, so it can be overwhelming at times, but its always interesting. Good management.
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 15, 2014
I was very pleased with volunteering there for a month or so because it was a well run and nice place for me to relax and help the co workers and older people. I was fairly impressed. From volunteering, I learned that it is important to give back to the community and help others
Pros
free lunches and nice people to talk to
Cons
long hours to volunteer and having no one around my age to talk to
productive enviornmental where you can learn and apply it.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  philaadelphia , pennsylvaniaFebruary 15, 2013
Its very exciting, interesting you learn different things about the children, and you learn how to help them from a clinical aspect, instead of looking at them your looking at what ways i can help just by reviewing there history and all that they have been through, and to let them know that we as staff unnderstand and are here for them, the co- workers are positive, we are all like family, everyone have there good and bad days but its a very positive atmosphere,the hardest part of the job is sometimes taking on someone else shift but its all worth it in the long run,the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i had a positive impact on these children lives.
Pros
eating, helping with school work, and getting hands on trainning one on one with the children.
Cons
short breaks
Active environment for at-risk youth.
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
Proactive treatment for at-risk youth. Encouraged family participation and reunion. There were weekly community reintegration outings, therapy sessions, and on-unit groups and activities. For more advanced youth, there was an in-house school available. My duties were experiential therapy, activity therapy, and planning and facilitation of outings.
Fun work place with the right people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there with the people I was with because we made it fun in the box office. We would get our work done and joke around at the same time. Our managers loved us
Pros
Free movie passes
Cons
Short breaks
Most horrible place I have ever worked for.
Activities Director/Budget Committee (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 25, 2012
This assisted living building is all about popularity, and if you don't fit in with the crowd then you are not liked with anybody. There is no structure or organisation and if you try to change something or make something better you have no say. If you haven't been working there for almost ten years then your opinion doesn't count what so ever. I got no enjoyment working at that job. It actually made me depressed to work there.
Pros
i loved working with the residents
Cons
horrible staff, horrible breaks, and very judgmental
taking care of the people of the Bridge program is a great reward
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2015
Great place to insure the quality care of clients, I have had some success with client maintaining sobriety to my support of services.
Pros
The Bridge gives the staff Metro Cards for traving from client to client
Cons
Office enviornment, wages, the pay is not that great.
Productive and professional work environment
Residential Counselor I & II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
The Bridge supports your professional and personal growth. The company embrace diversity and believed strongly in the education of their employees. The staff always worked as a team to create the best residency for at-risk teens and adolescences.
A stable jobs with excellent benefits and longevity.
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2015
My typical day at my job is assisting the Assistant Residence Manager in any way that I can because considering there are about six other employees, I am the only one that offers assistance.
Pros
Assisting Senior Staff, some down time, overtime
Cons
Incompetent co workers who simply wants overtime for doing nothing.
A Place that Saves Lives
Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2012
A typical day involved responding to calls of women and children victimized through domestic violence. I had the awesome opportunity to advocate for the rights of the victims of such terrible crimes. It was nice to work with a group of individuals who were very passionate about the same mission to save and change the lives of those who suffered at the hands of an abuser. The hardest part of the job was seeing the results of the abuse inflicted on others. The most rewarding part was saving lives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bridge. Our community is ready to answer.