The BridgeWay Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Nursing Department was supportive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed my classroom and the supplies and training that was provided. My MHT's were very helpful and supportive. My boss I had for 13 years was awesome. Kristin was supportive and always there if you needed her. My dept and nursing worked well together.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
admissions/discharge process
Another day at the Bridgeway....
Former employee (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 13, 2017
Management only pretended to care about their departments. Everyone I knew was considering other jobs. Under staffed, over worked. The CEO has no idea what he is doing. I would never tell anyone to go here as an employee or as a patient.Management picks favorites, dietary department is hateful, nursing staff are idiots, MHA's are over worked and the social services department blames everyone or plays dumb. No one takes responsiblity for their own actions
Enjoying working patient population
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2017
Good place to work if you are a born patient advocate. It a fast pace environment and can be challenging. The staff are great to work with. 8hours through the week and weekend shifts are 12 hours. It can be difficult for staff if you can not a micromanaged environment.
Pros
Great people, good food, fun perks
Cons
Always short staffed always
Challenging work environment
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 9, 2017
It very challenging at times to work with mentally ill pts. Co workers were nice. Hardest part of job working short at times.
Most of the staff are professional & helpful. There is a lot of gossip & backstabbing, especially with supervisors & management; impossible workload.
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Little RockAugust 17, 2015
This facility is short-staffed with a high turnover rate. Coworkers know your business before you do, because of gossip by management to their 'friends'. There are so many admissions each shift, MHTs & nurses cannot get all the work done. Patients are allowed to abuse staff. It is a noisy & dangerous place. As an MHT, sometimes I had to work by myself if anybody called in sick. Good people leave here because it is so stressful. There is too much paperwork. Some nurses are really hateful to the MHTs. You get moved around a lot. MHTs are on the lowest rung of the ladder, even with degrees.
Pros
Some good coworkers, helping people.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, benefits are expensive, too much gossip & backstabbing, too little staff for so many patients!
Productive and never a dull moment
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day was being involved with the youth and adults and doing many different activities throughout the day. I loved my coworkers we helped each other daily. The management may have had its ups and downs, but overall a good place to work. The hardest part was having to restrain someone. But, at times it was necessary to protect them from self harm. I learned that so, many children and adults come from so many different backgrounds and situations. But, in the end they all are human and need love just as much as the next. Sometimes just a listening ear.
Pros
listening to each individual, celebrations
Cons
Physical holds
It's ok
MHA (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 3, 2014
The Bridgeway states that they hire and promote from within. No, they don't. The patients are awesome. The management is not. Decide for yourself if this is the place for you. It wasn't for me.
Work their employees to death with no return of any sense of loyalty to them
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2012
If you need a "job", then working at the Bridgeway is a "job". If you are looking for a career with an employer who values you as an employee, keep looking. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the patients. No matter what the diagnosis, they were all great. My least favorite part of the job is the way the patients were treated. The Bridgeway has a LOT of staff that is mean to the employees. They yell at the patients and will purpose withhold activities just to prove they can. There have also been times when the patients could not even bathe that day due to the fact that there was no soap in the facility. As an employee, I feel I was treated wrong. I did not even have insurance. The reason for no insurance is because my insurance packet sat on the nursing supervisor's desk for a month before they told me. The deadline to sign up for the insurance had passed. I would not recommend the Bridgeway!!!!!! And for getting a "Perfect Evaluation" I was given a .04 cent an hour raise. Pathetic!!!
Pros
i seriously can't think of any at this moment. it was a job
Cons
you got a break, if you could find time. just as much was expected of the female employees as the male employees, but the males are paid more.