The BridgeWay Employee Review

View all The BridgeWay reviews

Work their employees to death with no return of any sense of loyalty to them
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2012
If you need a "job", then working at the Bridgeway is a "job". If you are looking for a career with an employer who values you as an employee, keep looking. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the patients. No matter what the diagnosis, they were all great. My least favorite part of the job is the way the patients were treated. The Bridgeway has a LOT of staff that is mean to the employees. They yell at the patients and will purpose withhold activities just to prove they can. There have also been times when the patients could not even bathe that day due to the fact that there was no soap in the facility. As an employee, I feel I was treated wrong. I did not even have insurance. The reason for no insurance is because my insurance packet sat on the nursing supervisor's desk for a month before they told me. The deadline to sign up for the insurance had passed. I would not recommend the Bridgeway!!!!!! And for getting a "Perfect Evaluation" I was given a .04 cent an hour raise. Pathetic!!!
Pros
i seriously can't think of any at this moment. it was a job
Cons
you got a break, if you could find time. just as much was expected of the female employees as the male employees, but the males are paid more.

Other The BridgeWay Employee Reviews

Bad management. Low staff. High turnover.
Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nlr, AROctober 8, 2017
The management was unaware. Floor managers was no help, all mouth and no action. Staffing was ALWAYS short. Your safety was at risk ALWAYS. No staff relief to take personal vacations. If you were the medication nurse or Second nurse you always had to float to different unit becoming the primary nurse ( when census was low) staff to patient ratio jeopardized your licensed. Still utilize paper charting( horrible way of being consistent/measurements of patient outcomes) no communications channels available ( things frequently got dropped by the waist side. Nurses are housekeepers, maintenance, IT and all.
Pros
8 hour shift; nights work Monday-Thursday
Cons
Understaffed: pay was not fair for some
Nursing Department was supportive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed my classroom and the supplies and training that was provided. My MHT's were very helpful and supportive. My boss I had for 13 years was awesome. Kristin was supportive and always there if you needed her. My dept and nursing worked well together.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
admissions/discharge process