The Bristal Assisted Living Employee Reviews

great please to start
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee), Woodmere, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: crazy hours
great please to start and you move up with the company very fast
The team is very hardworking and outgoing. They are more then willing to help you in any way they seem fit.
Great environment. Not so great management.
Wait Staff (Former Employee), Sayville, NYJune 24, 2015
I loved the Bristal company. I thought the owners and higher up people loved their employees ansi loved the residents and people I worked with. it was a great environment with many benefits. My supervisor was not so great though which I felt brought me down. Overall though, I enjoyed working at the Bristal.
Worst place to work
Does not matter (Former Employee), White plains,nyMay 14, 2015
Pros: Food is nasty
The management don't know what they're doing. They don't train people as they suppose to be trained. You work as a slave 11.50 for waitress & $12 for nurse aid pay sucks. It's no joke you get treated like garbage & they don't have stable managers every manager gets fired
don't work here in White Plains
it does not matter (Former Employee), White Plains, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: nice residents for the most part
Cons: work culture, unknowledgeable management, lots of nepotism, very bad salaries
poor management right from the top. Poor work culture that does not weed out the poor performers. A lot of things are tolerated by management here that should not be tolerated. Do not work here unless you are mediocre and do not care about what you do. Lots of ego from management and a workforce that has no morale. Stay away from this place, I'm not kidding.
Worst place to work ever!
Nurse (Former Employee), Woodcliff lake, nyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nice building, residents
Cons: everything else
I was so excited to work for such a beautiful looking facility. From the moment I started working the place was a nightmare. Short staffed constantly. Nursing staff being hired and leaving right away due to management. The director or resident relations was rude, unprofessional and drove many people to quit. She would actually yell at staff constantly, she was the worst person I have ever had to deal with! Not only dealing with being disrespected on a daily basis in nursing, the administrator and office personal did not know how to talk to staff in an appropriate manner. Constantly being reprimanded and not appreciated for hard work. Talked to like we were incompetent. no proper orientation was given. You were just expected to know everything. Educating staff never happened, just quick to discipline. Many family member could see the frustration in the nursing staff. For the amount of money the residents pay they should not have to deal with not being cared for in a timely manner due to lack of caregivers or one nurse or cma giving out meds to the entire building!!! Nurses were expected to do it all and it was entirely impossible at times. They put all the nursing staff on salary without our knowledge so we would work extra hours and not paid for them. Be smart. Don't even bother stressing yourself out by working here!!!! Would never recommend to my worse enemy.
Poor Culture that starts from the very top. Poor communication from the very top. No true Leadership.
Director of community relations (Former Employee), Bristal at ArmonkFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: you get denied on your vacation requests.
Occupancy is the name of the game, if you are below 95% occupancy you have reports to complete throughout the day. You spend hours a day on analyzing each call then you join a conference call for another hour each day to review your analysis only to be belittled and demoralized. Your time is not utilized in an effective manner and you are given a binder for training. You are given a script to read when sitting with prospects and it comes off canned and prospects often walk away because there is no connection made. Your asking questions that don't pertain to the prospects needs. When i requested to speak with the VP of Sales or her regional assistant on why we spend so much time on non revenue producing reports then you are accused of not buying into the process and that is why the community is not at 100% occupancy. The company does not have a sales culture, they hire consultants. So when occupancy is struggling the VP will push the blame and the consultants will push the blame and that means high turnover.
Slow paced
Receptionist (Former Employee), Massapequa, NYJuly 23, 2014
It was a very slow paced place to work. I often grabbed coffee to make sure that I would have no trouble staying awake.
Receptionist
Worker (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 16, 2014
Bunch of snobs working at the facility! Staff from corp think they walk on water and are the rudest people ever! Dont work there if you know whats good for you! No proper training, they just leave you there to fend for yourself, What did I learn? NOTHING!!!! Pay salary sucks!
Management was all over the place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), East Northport, NYOctober 3, 2013
Not a great place to work no advancements and don't treat their workers equal at all.
Professional and friendly environment for anyone stating a career in the healthcare field
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJuly 10, 2012
A very active senior residential environment suiting the needs of approximately 200 residents. The day to day operation can be very challenging and overwhelming if time management and coordination is not practiced. Overall a very work-friendly environment for anyone wanting to gain experience in the healthcare field.