The Bristal Assisted Living Employee Reviews in United States

Resident Corpse Removal Representative
Resident Corpse Removal Representitive (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJune 13, 2016
Lots of work. This job keeps you real busy. Old folks biting it left and right. My boss was great. We laughed and made jokes all day. Sometimes the odor was horrible as it sometimes took days before staff realized residents were deceased.
Pros
Free lunches! Haayyyy! Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad odors
Company image towards clientele
CONCERIGE/WAIT STAFF (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYMay 11, 2016
Team members you would perform all tasks that would benefit clients daily routine and functions with respectful courteous and acknowledgement.
great
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Woodmere, NYApril 5, 2016
Learned so much about Alzheimer's and caring for patients who suffer from it. Every day was different. The interdisciplinary team was great to work with.
Annoying
care Aide (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Everyone is rude, from the admins to the families to the residents. Short staff in every department & no one helps one another. I had a headache every night. Better off getting a home health aide job or working in a legit restaurant. Not worth it.
Pros
Fun coworkers. Funny residents. Mall
Cons
Everything except for the pros.
If You Ready to Lose Your License, come to The Bristal
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Where to start...the first day I walked into the building I felt that wow factor. I was very excited to be working at such a beautiful place and what seemed to be like a perfect match according to what administration told me prior to me excepting the job. DAMM I was so wrong! The Executive Director initials MM was the worst administrator I have ever met. Extremely rude, calling people stupid, ignorant, many racial remarks and all this in front of residents, families and doctors. The Director of Nursing was just as bad. Never stuck up for the nurses or caregivers. All she cared about was her pay check, gossip, talk about the ED, talk bad about the company and do her homework while on the clock. Caregivers and nurses worked short on a daily basis, but no one cared. Corporate was aware of everything going on but obviously didnt care at all. Families here pay a ton of money without knowing that there loved ones are not receiving the care that they deserve. The bristal started with a great team but quickly started losing there best employee's. So if you want to lose your license, be treated like a slave or add some stress to your life. Join one of the fasting growing assisted living corporations in the tri state area The Bristal where you will be treated like an animal, lose your license while getting belittle in front of residents and peers.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Administration, Starting from HR Corporate doesnt care.
Overall productive workplace
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 11, 2015
I gained more experience at The Bristal than any other job I have worked. I was humbled to have been promoted twice in two years. It was exciting to go from Recreations Assistant, to Marketing Coordinator. I had the pleasure working in upper management from entry level and I was extremely impressed at how intricate the company works and prepares itself to prosper.
Disgusting Administration
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJOctober 2, 2015
Administration is rude and disrespectful. Everyone quits this building because of how they are treated by the bosses. It is always short staff don't believe the lies that they tell you when they hire you when they say its not always like this it is. You get no training but blamed for any little mistake. They don't care about the staff or the residents. The nurses and aides get treated really bad. Corporate dont care
Pros
regular coworkers
Cons
short breaks, pay, bosses, no staffing, corporate dont care
Executive Director need customer service training
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake NJ.August 23, 2015
The ED had a nasty way of talking to the caregivers, calling us stupid. Every Monday morning she comes to work angry and barks at us, seem to have a bad weekend. She gave orders. Talk nasty to staff. Wasn't helpful to answer call bell. Belittled the nursing staff and the nursing managers. Showed no respect in front of resident. Residents did not like her, said she never speak to them. They feel like corporate do not care neither. We worked short staff every evening and nobody care about us. Resident like us and we were not appreciated by staff. We need help. We constantly complain about ED rudeness and people leave because of her. We do not get a lot of money for the job so treat us better. She never say thank you. We work hard and we are not stupid.
Pros
Resident were well cared for.
Cons
Poor Management from ED
Run don't walk
Lpn who ran !!!!! (Former Employee) –  SayvilleJuly 30, 2015
Beautiful building inside and out but looks aren't everything. unprofessional administration! That would be my guess why they can't keep staff . It's a shame a new place you would think they would have top notch people who knew what they are doing and not egotistical idiot's who dont know the first thing about nursing!!! Hate to see that cause purely it is the people who reside there who suffer. Really need to get act together
great please to start
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, NYJuly 14, 2015
great please to start and you move up with the company very fast
The team is very hardworking and outgoing. They are more then willing to help you in any way they seem fit.
Pros
good pay
Cons
crazy hours
Great environment. Not so great management.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYJune 24, 2015
I loved the Bristal company. I thought the owners and higher up people loved their employees ansi loved the residents and people I worked with. it was a great environment with many benefits. My supervisor was not so great though which I felt brought me down. Overall though, I enjoyed working at the Bristal.
Worst place to work
Does not matter (Former Employee) –  White plains,nyMay 14, 2015
The management don't know what they're doing. They don't train people as they suppose to be trained. You work as a slave 11.50 for waitress & $12 for nurse aid pay sucks. It's no joke you get treated like garbage & they don't have stable managers every manager gets fired
Pros
Food is nasty
don't work here in White Plains
it does not matter (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 28, 2015
poor management right from the top. Poor work culture that does not weed out the poor performers. A lot of things are tolerated by management here that should not be tolerated. Do not work here unless you are mediocre and do not care about what you do. Lots of ego from management and a workforce that has no morale. Stay away from this place, I'm not kidding.
Pros
nice residents for the most part
Cons
work culture, unknowledgeable management, lots of nepotism, very bad salaries
Worst place to work ever!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff lake, nyFebruary 26, 2015
I was so excited to work for such a beautiful looking facility. From the moment I started working the place was a nightmare. Short staffed constantly. Nursing staff being hired and leaving right away due to management. The director or resident relations was rude, unprofessional and drove many people to quit. She would actually yell at staff constantly, she was the worst person I have ever had to deal with! Not only dealing with being disrespected on a daily basis in nursing, the administrator and office personal did not know how to talk to staff in an appropriate manner. Constantly being reprimanded and not appreciated for hard work. Talked to like we were incompetent. no proper orientation was given. You were just expected to know everything. Educating staff never happened, just quick to discipline. Many family member could see the frustration in the nursing staff. For the amount of money the residents pay they should not have to deal with not being cared for in a timely manner due to lack of caregivers or one nurse or cma giving out meds to the entire building!!! Nurses were expected to do it all and it was entirely impossible at times. They put all the nursing staff on salary without our knowledge so we would work extra hours and not paid for them. Be smart. Don't even bother stressing yourself out by working here!!!! Would never recommend to my worse enemy.
Pros
nice building, residents
Cons
everything else
Poor Culture that starts from the very top. Poor communication from the very top. No true Leadership.
Director of community relations (Former Employee) –  Bristal at ArmonkFebruary 3, 2015
Occupancy is the name of the game, if you are below 95% occupancy you have reports to complete throughout the day. You spend hours a day on analyzing each call then you join a conference call for another hour each day to review your analysis only to be belittled and demoralized. Your time is not utilized in an effective manner and you are given a binder for training. You are given a script to read when sitting with prospects and it comes off canned and prospects often walk away because there is no connection made. Your asking questions that don't pertain to the prospects needs. When i requested to speak with the VP of Sales or her regional assistant on why we spend so much time on non revenue producing reports then you are accused of not buying into the process and that is why the community is not at 100% occupancy. The company does not have a sales culture, they hire consultants. So when occupancy is struggling the VP will push the blame and the consultants will push the blame and that means high turnover.
Pros
free parking
Cons
you get denied on your vacation requests.
Slow paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 23, 2014
It was a very slow paced place to work. I often grabbed coffee to make sure that I would have no trouble staying awake.
Receptionist
Worker (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 16, 2014
Bunch of snobs working at the facility! Staff from corp think they walk on water and are the rudest people ever! Dont work there if you know whats good for you! No proper training, they just leave you there to fend for yourself, What did I learn? NOTHING!!!! Pay salary sucks!
Management was all over the place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYOctober 3, 2013
Not a great place to work no advancements and don't treat their workers equal at all.
Professional and friendly environment for anyone stating a career in the healthcare field
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 10, 2012
A very active senior residential environment suiting the needs of approximately 200 residents. The day to day operation can be very challenging and overwhelming if time management and coordination is not practiced. Overall a very work-friendly environment for anyone wanting to gain experience in the healthcare field.

2.6