The Bristal Assisted Living Employee Reviews

The Bristal Assisted Living
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYMay 16, 2017
Work/life balance, however no room for growth. Compensation not fair and poor management. Hardest part of the job is putting your best foot forward without any recognitions or ability to grow.
No place for advancement,management says they promote from within ,that very rarely happens.
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 26, 2017
The staff works will with each other ,directors talk about the staff and there is no such thing a confidentiality everyone knows everyones business even when they say no-one will know. They have favorites who are allowed to do what they want and nothing is said nor done. Then those who work they are just doing there job....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Medical/Dental insurance expensive. No Eye coverage
Good Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NYApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the bristal, the people are great and the co workers are great its like a big family. On the corporate side it its a little competitive but so are all other companies.
Pros
bonus, holidays, parties and emploee appreciation week
Productive workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 5, 2017
My job is great as far as the residents I serve. The employees are great some need major work but overall they are good people. The work is east and effective. the food is great and the derive the aids give the resident is great too. The families that come to visit are pleasant welcoming and sweet.
Pros
Free breakfast lunch n dinner
Cons
Not enough staffing, no union
It became crazy sometimes working at the bristal but for the most part its an ok place to work
RCA (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYMarch 1, 2017
The bristal is a OK place to work the residents are sweethearts the food is OK depending on who is on at the time... The building is nice inside and out.. It's a good job to have if you are willing to do the work. But over all its an OK place
Pros
They give you free food on your break
Cons
You get paid every two weeks
not a friendly working enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 17, 2017
i cant really right a review because this place was awful to me. I will not go back to work at this place ever. the elderly are really friendly but the co workers are very rude and disrespectful to one another.
Cons
Racism
Great workplace & staff
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYJanuary 10, 2017
I worked in the East Northport location great people great staff.I was a Medication Technician in the Reflections Department. I loved everyone single one of the residents as if they were my own family.
Deben considerar salario y bonificaciones
Supervisor o The kitchen (Current Employee) –  tiempo y temperaturas adecuadasDecember 2, 2016
Salarios y beneficios deben ser más humanitarios
Excelente servicio y organización
Pros
A nivel de compañía progreso consiste
Cons
Mal aumento de salario
productive and fun workplace
Lpn SupervisorAssisted living (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Productive and fun work place with room for growth. a fabulous way of interacting with our seniors and learning more about their historyand their contribution to our society
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Better health insurance
Resident Corpse Removal Representative
Resident Corpse Removal Representitive (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJune 13, 2016
Lots of work. This job keeps you real busy. Old folks biting it left and right. My boss was great. We laughed and made jokes all day. Sometimes the odor was horrible as it sometimes took days before staff realized residents were deceased.
Pros
Free lunches! Haayyyy! Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad odors
Great Company
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYMay 12, 2016
I see a lot of negative reviews about The Bristal. I have to say I have worked for two other well known Assisted Living companies and The Bristal is not bad quite good compared. They expect a lot from their employees but, they also give you a lot in compensation. Health benefits are excellent, you get one FREE meal a day (I don't know any other Assisted Living chain that does that) there is a lot of room for growth. They give away an all expenses paid vacation to one employee from EVERY building EVERY year & an all expenses paid vacation for one director EVERY year. I think that is pretty special. Are they perfect? by no means. Does the corporate office care about you as an individual no not really but what corporation does. It's a business. As far as care aids go this company does it right. Some assisted livings have their care aids not only giving care but serving in the dining room, running activities "the universal care manager" this is basically just a way for the company to save money. It serves only their bottom line not the staff or the residents. The Bristal has a separate staff for the dining room and a separate staff for activites. This allows the care aids to focus on caring for the residents. The working environment depends on who you boss is each building is different and that is something you have to deal with. No matter what job you have there will always be poor managers and people who you don't get along with.
Pros
Free lunch, chance to win a vacation, adequately staffed, room for growth
Cons
Corp doesn't care about you, lots on your plate.
Company image towards clientele
CONCERIGE/WAIT STAFF (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYMay 11, 2016
Team members you would perform all tasks that would benefit clients daily routine and functions with respectful courteous and acknowledgement.
great
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Woodmere, NYApril 5, 2016
Learned so much about Alzheimer's and caring for patients who suffer from it. Every day was different. The interdisciplinary team was great to work with.
Annoying
care Aide (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Everyone is rude, from the admins to the families to the residents. Short staff in every department & no one helps one another. I had a headache every night. Better off getting a home health aide job or working in a legit restaurant. Not worth it.
Pros
Fun coworkers. Funny residents. Mall
Cons
Everything except for the pros.
If You Ready to Lose Your License, come to The Bristal
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Where to start...the first day I walked into the building I felt that wow factor. I was very excited to be working at such a beautiful place and what seemed to be like a perfect match according to what administration told me prior to me excepting the job. DAMM I was so wrong! The Executive Director initials MM was the worst administrator I have ever met. Extremely rude, calling people stupid, ignorant, many racial remarks and all this in front of residents, families and doctors. The Director of Nursing was just as bad. Never stuck up for the nurses or caregivers. All she cared about was her pay check, gossip, talk about the ED, talk bad about the company and do her homework while on the clock. Caregivers and nurses worked short on a daily basis, but no one cared. Corporate was aware of everything going on but obviously didnt care at all. Families here pay a ton of money without knowing that there loved ones are not receiving the care that they deserve. The bristal started with a great team but quickly started losing there best employee's. So if you want to lose your license, be treated like a slave or add some stress to your life. Join one of the fasting growing assisted living corporations in the tri state area The Bristal where you will be treated like an animal, lose your license while getting belittle in front of residents and peers.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Administration, Starting from HR Corporate doesnt care.
Overall productive workplace
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 11, 2015
I gained more experience at The Bristal than any other job I have worked. I was humbled to have been promoted twice in two years. It was exciting to go from Recreations Assistant, to Marketing Coordinator. I had the pleasure working in upper management from entry level and I was extremely impressed at how intricate the company works and prepares itself to prosper.
Disgusting Administration
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJOctober 2, 2015
Administration is rude and disrespectful. Everyone quits this building because of how they are treated by the bosses. It is always short staff don't believe the lies that they tell you when they hire you when they say its not always like this it is. You get no training but blamed for any little mistake. They don't care about the staff or the residents. The nurses and aides get treated really bad. Corporate dont care
Pros
regular coworkers
Cons
short breaks, pay, bosses, no staffing, corporate dont care
Executive Director need customer service training
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake NJ.August 23, 2015
The ED had a nasty way of talking to the caregivers, calling us stupid. Every Monday morning she comes to work angry and barks at us, seem to have a bad weekend. She gave orders. Talk nasty to staff. Wasn't helpful to answer call bell. Belittled the nursing staff and the nursing managers. Showed no respect in front of resident. Residents did not like her, said she never speak to them. They feel like corporate do not care neither. We worked short staff every evening and nobody care about us. Resident like us and we were not appreciated by staff. We need help. We constantly complain about ED rudeness and people leave because of her. We do not get a lot of money for the job so treat us better. She never say thank you. We work hard and we are not stupid.
Pros
Resident were well cared for.
Cons
Poor Management from ED
great please to start
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, NYJuly 14, 2015
great please to start and you move up with the company very fast
The team is very hardworking and outgoing. They are more then willing to help you in any way they seem fit.
Pros
good pay
Cons
crazy hours
Great environment. Not so great management.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYJune 24, 2015
I loved the Bristal company. I thought the owners and higher up people loved their employees ansi loved the residents and people I worked with. it was a great environment with many benefits. My supervisor was not so great though which I felt brought me down. Overall though, I enjoyed working at the Bristal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bristal Assisted Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9