The Buckle, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun supportive place to work
Leader (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 20, 2017
Best manager. Easy work . Advancement opportunities. Travel opportunities. Fun. Rewarding. Consistently learning and growing. Management was understanding compassionate amd patient
Cons
hours
Excellent Company to work for
Construction Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NENovember 21, 2017
Exceptional Upper Management.
Allow you to excel in your position with little supervision.
Allowed to wear jeans to work.
No day was ever the same and you would learn something new daily.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Fun environment just not for everyone!
Personal Stylist/Sales Associate. Floor leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 9, 2017
I loved my job! The people were awesome and I mean both guests and co workers! I loved being in control of my paycheck but management could use some TLC!
High Expectations in a Solid Environment
Sales Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Buckle for the most part. They challenge you to be the best manager you can be. Sometimes I felt a little micromanaged but they almost always remained positive. The hours are terrible because its retail. Overall I enjoyed the people working there.
Pros
Great people in a friendly environment
Cons
Bad hours
very productive , great coworkers , a positive enviroment and great training
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2017
I started as a seasonal gift wrapper and they chose to keep me on the team and trained me to be a sales employer and I also would be a cashier . I would stock the shelves and I would clean the store . When you open or close the store that was the hardest part because sometimes you are alone and it very slow in the mornings . Overall it was a very positive place to work and my co workers where great and very helpful .
Pros
discount on merchandise, love the merchandise
Cons
there was not really any cons for this job i loved it there
Fun place to work
Sales lead and trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundee, ILOctober 3, 2017
loved trying on the new trends of clothes. meeting and making relationships with customers.Fun place to work. I gave each and every customer a pleasant shopping experience
Pros
good discount
Cons
very limited hours given
horrible place to work.
Teammate - Leader - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2017
At first it was great, there was a lot of teamwork and it was a really fun and enjoyable place to be and I felt very inspired. Fast forward 3 years, and it turned into a stressful, toxic environment to work under. I had a string of terrible managers all under stress themselves, and completely unable to maintain a positive culture or fair atmosphere. I could not wait to get out of there at the end.
Pros
fast-paced, at times the freedom to be creative, getting to meet new people everyday
Cons
horrible management, stressful atmosphere, not good pay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The Buckle is a great place to work. It is pretty fast- paced but it is a lot of fun. If you are into retail and fashion I would definitely recommend working there. You can work your way up in the company and its a fair place to work.
its ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 7, 2017
working at buckle is a relaxed, easy job. Management is fair, associates are nice. Overall, easy job and ok pay. to sum up my time at the buckle i would say its ok.
Relaxed place to work. Very little pay
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 7, 2017
It is a very relaxed place to work. Only working for $5.50/hour plus 3% commission does not pay the bills. They acted as if you would be selling a lot but you do not make over $200 every two weeks usually.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 22, 2017
The work place at Hyvee was enjoyable in the aspect that every day, there would be a different experience. The management was easy to work with and was understanding about situations if something came up. However, the hardest part about working at Hyvee, was that if a customer came in and was having a bad day, their emotions would rub off onto the cashier. This would then make the rest of the shift harder to get through because it would put that individual into a bad mood.
Pros
Mandated lunch breaks, easy-going management.
Cons
Long shifts while standing stationary.
Loved this job
Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2017
Great job if you can make it through the first month. I would work here again if I could. I truly enjoyed my job for the company but there are too man chiefs and not enough Indians in the store.
Fast pace, high turnover
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 19, 2017
simply put, car sale but its clothing. can be very cutthroat. but it can be a fun environment depending on the staff. options to be hourly or commissions base.
Pros
discounts
Cons
sale sale sale
Great environment for sales, less than stellar for stock room employees
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 13, 2017
The team at Buckle was a great one out on the sales floor, but didn't communicate as efficiently as it could have with the back of house employees. Folks were accomodating and always a pleasure to work alongside, but not as communicative as I would have liked. Health debate wasn't present, which led to some hidden workplace hostility. Overall though, great leadership, and a straightforward position.
Pros
Straightforward workflow, tasks were easy to understand, allowed for building of multitasking abilities
Cons
Sometimes boring work, lack of communication and debate, lack of inclusion
Fun workplace where you can be yourself
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 28, 2017
I enjoy the fact you can self express who you are and be who you are all while making guests feel welcomed and giving them the best shopping experience ever. The management is great and hours are flexible and very easy to work with. Everyone leaves the drama at the door and always comes in with a positive attitude. I love that I wake up in the mornings ready to go to work.
40% discount on all items in the store
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2017
Very upbeat atmosphere. Clean and friendly. Sales associates have positive attitude. Management always fair and helpful. Great company to work for. Great styles and products. Well organized freight receiving and product placement.
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
Could be too busy to get a break.
fun job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2017
I loved this job it was my first job. i worked off commission and it was great. I love fashion and i love helping others pick out clothes and it really wasnt even like a job it was fun!
Pros
discounts
Team players
Seamstress/Tailor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 9, 2017
Great place to work and the employees are friendly and team players. Manager and assistant managers are caring and compassionate. Good paying and benefits. Would recommend anyone to work at this place, if sells is in your mind.
Sales Associate
Non-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 8, 2017
I created displays for the tables, face outs, and front windows. I organized outgoing freight shipments and did lots of cleaning and store upkeep. I wasn't a fan of this job due to the culture and how the want all their employees to be in the customer's face all the time. They don't even want you to give them the chance to browse.
ldf
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 2, 2017
Your Review*12 characters (150 minimum)
Give us your opinion about
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include confidential company information or personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.

Review guidelines