The Budd Group Employee Reviews

Working with The budd group
Janitorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
The job is really independent, and easy. If you like to clean, you will like it. Its not that bad on management, you don't see the supervisor hardly at all.
It was a ok job
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 17, 2017
I like what i did there just didnt pay enough. The benefits was'nt good at all. It was easy work though. I have a big family to feed and they was'nt giving any raises like they suppose to.
fun and productive work enviroment
Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 9, 2017
Team oriented job. Very Flexible with great pay. hours vary from day to day. A lot of standing, and walking. No heavy lifting. Promotes within company
Calm but fast paced work place
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 23, 2017
The team at the site i was placed at was small meaning there were a list of responsibilities given to each individual. The tasks weren't difficult but it seemed like more than it was when you initially are told them. Once you get into the swing of things at the job, its fairly easy to keep up with what you have to do. Nice place to work.
Love the job, not the people
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 19, 2017
My manager is great! But some of the employees are sorry excuses for workers and the ones who actually do the work have to work double.

I love what I do landscaping but sometimes the stupidity of the guys on your truck and on the other trucks can anger you.
Pros
Outside and not at a desk all day
Cons
Don’t get paid enough for the work you do, Repetitive work, Work changes when the weather/seasons change
Not a good place to work
Industrial Detailer (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 9, 2017
The workplace is stressful, people are treated unfairly and the management is severely poor. I can honestly say this is the worst place I have worked.

You drive between two plants with no compensation for gas, one day off a week. There is over time, but without it anyone supporting themselves without help will struggle.

The work is hard and dirty, each ask for a raise has been declined. The behavior of most employees is unprofessional.

I will never recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
no benfits, stressful, bad management, no gas compensation
Inappropriate Relationship
Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 29, 2017
The account manager in Springfield TN is a great manager but lacks morals and ethics. Its obvious he is having an inappropriate relationship with his first shift supervisor and he recently got a promotion and moved her right into his old position as account manager without giving anyone else the opportunity for the job. People like them continue to move up in the company due to favoritism, and its unfair to everyone else.
They try to place you within the time period you are looking for.
Janitorial General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 24, 2017
I was let go because another company outbid the contract and I ended up working for another company. They wanted the job to be done in two hours time but we were getting paid for three hours. Go figure. I had too much floor space to accomplish that. The people that did try to help do not clean the same way as ones does. So sometimes it is better to clean it yourself. I do miss working for Budd Group and am hoping I can go back to working for them.
Fast paced workplace.
Janitorial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I think the Budd Group is a pretty good company to work for. I think that they could pay a little more for the work performed and cover the benefits, rather than take it out of the paychecks.
Pros
Holiday parties, including free meals.
Cons
Healthcare
Terrible work place
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Supervisor goes around trying to demean and set other employees up.
Treats people badly daily and if you as a supervisor will not do the same they make up punishments for you. Hr and their supervisors do not discipline for the behavior but turn a blind eye
Pros
Get to meet wonderful people who are not a part of this company
Cons
Most people treated horribly
Good managment and office staff
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 31, 2017
The Budd Group is a great place to get started in the lanwcare industry. You will learn alot but are expected to do a lot for very little. Overall good job but only as a starter job.
Productive and fun workplace
Janitorial Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2017
Budd group strives to please the customer and addreses complaints from the customer expeditiously. I really enjoyed being a supervisor with budd group.
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2017
Welcoming guest to property helping find were there going checking doors and main entrances making sure there closed and answer phone and making parking passes
Pros
Guest were nice at times
Cons
stressful
Not satisfied
Budd Group employee at Anderson University (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 11, 2017
I was unable to concentrate on my daughter, college, and work. My grades were dropping because i didn't have enough time off and i was always to tired to take care of my daughter when i came home. The Anderson University Budd Group also doesn't pay enough for what the group has to endure while working there. None of us get paid more than $10 an hour, and some of us worked for over 50 hours a week. The pay should be higher. Its for those reasons though, why i quit the job 3 weeks after i started it.
Pay
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 10, 2017
I think the company should give a bonus and help pay for college. Able to wear dark colored pants etc I think the lunch and break areas should be a little bit longer. But it's a great company to work for.
Difficult working conditions
Janitorial and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 5, 2017
Budd group was a difficult job because of the stressful nature of the work and the drive of the managers to get things done. If you were a good worker you were not treated any different than the not so good workers.
It was A Own your Own work pace, It's a great compny to start if seeking some income.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working with them is that rhey are great people. The pwople thwir are always trying to fit you in at whats best for you.
Pros
Slow paced own pace
Cons
Not the right hours for me i really needed a transition dor a daytime routine.
Great company with different areas
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 1, 2017
They do security and janitorial services. I was on the security side for about two years. The only reason why I left is because of a loss of contract. That is the only downside to contractual work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 10, 2017
I like working for them good company for the year i was there the supervisor was good good work nice places that we work that in the staff was good good experience all around
Pros
On time pay
Cons
Short breaks
Didn't work for me
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 6, 2017
Budd Group brought out a contract that I was on. Management felt our pay was too much and once we trained new employees they tried to get rid of all the Non-Hispanic employees.
Pros
make extreme promises
Cons
don't stand by their word

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Budd Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8