The Budd Group Employee Reviews

Unpredictable
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 13, 2016
When I started there it was a teamwork company and they allowed others to help out others when they got done early then it changed. The reason that i had to leave is because there was some buildings that could not be cleaned in the allotted time and there was no overtime allowed.
If you want benefits, stay away!
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 29, 2016
You won't hear them brag about benefits because they are terrible. Sub par at best and just plain unaffordable.If you don't mind working for an entire year before you get 1 lousy week off, you'll love working into your 6th year before you get your second week. I could go on and on about how cheap they are. If your not desperate for a job, just stay away.
Pros
Pay is average, good coworkers.
Cons
Lack of NORMAL benefits, some management.
Unprofessional management
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 28, 2016
Management is very unprofessional. The ones I have encountered are liars. The pay is not equivalent to the amount of work they want you to do. SMART SERVICE AND GREAT PEOPLE is a joke. Find another company to work for or you will be disappointed. The hardest part of the job is having a manager who tries to micro-manage and never has anything positive to say. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home at 3:30. Yes, I am actively seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
It's a paycheck until you can do better
Cons
Being micro-managed. The pay. Can't afford to get the insurance.
Good place in nice people
jantior (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 24, 2016
This company is a clean environment and safe. Then people greet you with good attitude in always smiling with a happy appearance and they always have activities for children to attend.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No breaks
My experience at Buddgroup
general,janitorial cleaning (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines NCSeptember 9, 2016
I starking at Buddgroup in August 2016,Very disappointed in every aspect,just recently as of today Sept.9th decided not to work there anymore,I have to say the supervisor there treats his employers so disrespectful.I refuse to ever work there again I think the supervisor there in the S.P. area should not be there at all, He talks an treats workers there awful, very hateful demening, bad attitude,Not a good person.He should not have that position at all....I REALLY wish his Boss would Look in to this. Thank You
Pros
no lunch
Cons
no breaks
Worse place to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia techSeptember 7, 2016
They don't know what they are doing they want do stuff when students are in the way so if students don't get out of the way you get in trouble because it's not so trust me don't work them you will hate it and all the employees are lazy and 2 face
Pros
You can morning hours and get 40 hours
Cons
The pay is only 8.30
budd not god honering joke
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 16, 2016
Budd group at the top are hypocrits i worked at converse college 5 years the came in judged me and lost my job i was good worker everyone liked me at the school didnt matter had a six year old silly misdameanor , they would not hire me when i was already working their for the past 5 years maintenance electrical plumbing experience lost
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst job experience of my life
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 1, 2016
The worst job experience I have ever dealt with in my life! That says alot considering I broke my leg tore my acl and broke my wrist at a different job! The "boss" is very disrespectful she speaks to people as if they are stray dogs. I witnessed her threatening to fight other employees. She also went and spreaded lies about me after I quit. I wish I never started at this job!
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Very disrespectful and hostile environment
Good job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 31, 2016
I would work again for this company if a position is available. I enjoyed the environment the staff and management were helpful and team oriented.
very productive
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Greer, SC 29651May 20, 2016
i am a good worker i try to make my job the best and i am a good co worker respect the order of my manager and try brink the besto of me.
Great Place to Work
VP, Organizational Development (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2016
The Budd Group is a great place to work. It is truly a God-Honoring Company who invest and care about their employees. There is a great deal of respect for front line employees.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
Health Care
Had great management.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 12, 2016
Enjoyed my time with Budd. You were trained on the job and left alone but when you needed answers, supervisors always responded.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Low salary, not so good benefits.
horrile place to work. poor management skills. no benifits, and poor scheduling.
Security Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCMarch 27, 2016
I worked third shift at the bud group, it was a very boring job. I gained 30 pounds there from the lack of movement and long hours in the truck. management was bad, the cpt. that ran the operation would make up things as she went along. she made horrible decisions, and tried pushing people out if she didn't like them. it was a very simple job, baisicly observe and report, and patrolling a retirement community on third shift, not exactly a lot going on. the most enjoyable part of the job? probably leaving in the morning when my shift was over.
Pros
you got a paycheck
Cons
management. hours.
easy
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2016
you get a area, and you have to keep it clean. working 4 hours a day by yourself, supervisor was very nice and co-workers were nice too.
Pros
4 hours only, easy job
God honoring my foot.
custodian (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 28, 2015
Its all about the money to them not the employees.Do not give any thought into working for this scam outfit.Not enough people to get the Job done.Not enough equipment. No decent training. Chemicals that do not work.
Pros
Cons
Low pay.Management non existent.No benefits at all!
Company is currently closed
Utilities Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2015
Overall company, looked over employees, including well understood communications and higher officials. Owner of company decided to sale assets off.
Pros
Overall great morale
Cons
Business clossing
Its okay part-time job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 22, 2015
I usually am on my own during my shift. My night usually consists of picking up trash from the cubicles, wiping the cafeteria tables, vacuuming the carpet, dusting, and cleaning the windows, etc. Pretty basic and easy to do for $7.25 an hour. The hours are reasonable: 6 hours a night Monday - Friday. The only bad thing about it is you never seem to be able to reach your manager! Its really frustrating. There is no holiday pay or a pay raise. Everyone seems pretty nice, I did notice everyone seems to be way older than I am though. I would say this would be a good job for a student that is going to college to pay for some small bills or a 2nd part-time job.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
30 min breaks

Comment – November 2, 2015

Our field employees are at the core of the services we provide. We can't do it without you! We are so glad to see this positive review, I would like to discuss your issues with contacting your manager. Please reach out to me at dhowell@buddgroup.com to resolve this problem. Thank You!

I worked at a daycare.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 19, 2015
There was never a moment I wanted to quit my job. The people were all so very sweet and the management was perfect as well. It was a co-worker and myself that worked together during the job and we made sure everything was the way it needed to be before leaving our shift.
Fun and Easy
Housekeeping Services (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2015
My typical day is cleaning all bathrooms. I can take as many breaks as needed as long as im done by a certain time. I can also listen to music and work. My coworkers are cool but we mostly work alone.
Pros
free snacks and water
The Budd Group delivers professional janitoral, maintenance, landscaping services and integrated facilities
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 8, 2015
It teaches us all sort of jobs in professional and systematic way. People feel proud of working in this company as company provides full support and benefit to their employees.
Pros
get free training to the specific field
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Budd Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8