The Buffalo Group

The Buffalo Group Employee Reviews in United States

Company Review
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 6, 2015
Decent company with opportunities to work on other contracts. I enjoy working for this company but I am looking to relocate to the Mountain West and they have no contracts in that location
Professional vendor
Pedagogical Manager, Trainer and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 5, 2015
Company's objectives were to deliver the highest quality of service to the Government, they accomplished this with staffing qualified personnel.
Pros
Organized, corporate stance, prepared
Cons
Employment is contingent upon contract awards. No contract - no job.
Great place to learn and grow
Quality Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 14, 2015
Love the atmosphere of training others and always got great feedback from the upper management staff. A typical day would be to train others and generate reports on the work day process.
Pros
Great Vacation package along with benefits
Cons
No Cons
Excellent Company
Arabic Linguist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Good managerial skills, care about employees life and work. Very details and cultural aware. Provides lots of support to employees. Military friendly
Pros
excellent company
Cons
new
Great experience, short lived.
Thermal Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Being able to sit in front of a computer and analyze thermal infrared data. I learned a bunch of new programs and tools to use to accomplish this task. I worked with other analysts, although some were working on competing contracts we all worked as a team on many projects. The hardest part of the job was the fact we were working on a short term contract with the government and never knowing if we would still be employed at the end of the contract. The most enjoyable part being able to analyze the data and work with a team.
Pros
people you meet and data you are able to work with
Cons
short term contratcs
Love what I do ,learning experience for advancement
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  AfghnistanMarch 24, 2014
Great Job and Co workers, love the challenge .Working in Afghanistan takes a lot of patient and focus.
Pros
always room for improvment
Cons
in war zone
Working under pressure
Court Appointed Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 5, 2013
My typical work day was long with few brakes.
I have learned more then I thought I could possibly learn.
Great management to work for.
Thus far I had great luck in working with smart folks.
The hardest part of my jobs was being away from the family.
The enjoyable part of my career has been to be part of a history
Pros
good rewarding job
Cons
n/a
Overall Great Experience
Counter-IED All-Source Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 23, 2013
The Buffalo Group is a small company in Reston, Virginia, pays well, very professional yet easy-going atmosphere. People-oriented, family-friendly, flexible schedule, great benefits. I've gone through a lot of professional development, on-the-job training during the year that I've been with The Buffalo Group, moved up to a management position in a relatively short period of time and have received nothing but help and positive feedback from management.
Great company with great people
Jr. All - Source Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 22, 2013
This company provided me not only further experience in my expertise job field but also provided a supportive work environment. Supervision was light and welcomed "out-side of the box" thinking and encouraged coordination with co-workers. I was able to use my skill set in various ways and in various assignments which taught me how to expand my skills and knowledge. The hardest part of the job was that I couldn't go home and talk about work with my significant other because it was a highly classified job set. But that comes with the field and I have accepted that and learned other ways to talk about work without disclosing anything. I loved every aspect of the position and enjoyed the further fine-tuning of my skills and being able to add to them.
Pros
benefits and flexible schedule
Cons
location
The company is good but it the upper management.
Material material (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 3, 2012
the job is alright but the upper level of management don't want to listen to there employees.
Pros
the people you meet along the way
Cons
the living conditions could of being better
A rewarding work environment daily and working for the final outcome
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 31, 2012
I work to prepare a site in AFGHAN daily for their DCMA audits. We review Property and Materials along with all the O&M, NTV,MHE, and power Generation for compliance.
Wonderful Team Experience
Property Technician/ Material Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2012
Every day, the focus of my mission was to insure that the sites that my team was assigned to, pass the PMSA Audit. So my day consisted of frequent daily Inventories. Making sure all site assets were accounted for. Viewing sites Property Book, if any assets were not accouted for, made sure all documentation was filed appropriately (LTDD, Transfer etc). Handled same task in Materials Dept. Inventoried Materials Yard, insured assets and lanes were appropriately staged and labeld. Reviewed Document Control sections.
I learned that there is always some thing to learn.
I enjoy working with my team. We work, live eat together. We all get along great together and support one another. One Team...One Fight!
The most difficult part of the job was leaving each site to move to the next. After working closely with the personnel, we all became very close.
The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching and surpassing all goals set before us!!
Experienced professionals!
Material Control Supervisor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Leatherneck AfghanistanApril 4, 2012
An experienced comany with growth potential and a stellar track record.
Pros
advancement opportunity