Responsible for coordinating the Association’s general accounting and administrative duties. Processes include accounts receivable, accounts payable, and invoicing for all areas of the association in accordance with set guidelines and procedures. Expertise in QuickBooks is required in addition to a familiarity with client management software and general administrative tasks. Hands-on attitude and a willingness to take on challenges is a plus. 30 hours a week.
Duties, Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Prepares the deposit of all incoming accounts receivable payments, verifies amounts of checks, and transfers to accounts payable ledger in a timely manner.
- Records receipts of all accounts receivable in the computer and compiles monthly listing of all deposits made for submission.
- Prepares accounts payable, verifies invoices, prepares checks, gets authorized signatures, and transfers to accounts payable ledger in a timely manner.
- Prepares checks manually for all the association’s accounts payable ensuring that payments to creditors are made accurately and on time.
- Investigates and reconciles any problems or discrepancies and relays problems of major concern to the Executive Officer.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date filing system of paid vendor invoices, and bills and in a manner that facilitates timely and accurate retrieval.
- Sends monthly statements to members. Corresponds/speaks with members regarding accounts as necessary. Re-prints and mails invoice copies when requested.
- Notifies state and national builders associations of new members, member renewals, cancellations and changes and forwards appropriate portions of membership dues as payments for annual state and national membership dues.
- Provides primary staff support to the association’s Finance Committee and the association’s Treasurer.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for all areas of the association in concert with accountant.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly payroll for all association employees. Maintain record of vacation leave and sick day for all employees.
- Prepare employee tax reports for Local, State and Federal Government. Ensures that insurance payments are made in a timely manner.
- Serves as the primary staff person in answering incoming calls promptly and courteously, providing assistance to callers, forwarding calls to proper individuals/organizations and taking complete and accurate messages as necessary.
- Answers requests from the public for information or directs them to the appropriate agency that may be able to answer their questions.
- Greets visitors in a pleasant, business-like manner and assists with questions or problems or directs them to the appropriate staff.
- Manages and maintains all aspects of association membership records and membership database, including, but not limited to, processing membership applications, membership dues billing, and internal and external membership reports.
- Serves as the liaison to the office cleaning services and to building tenants for building-related repairs, requests, etc.
- Keeps the reception area, common work area, conference room and kitchen organized, well supplied, clean and neat.
- Maintains all office supplies including a list of office supply needs and orders supplies as needed. Contacts service personnel as necessary for office equipment repair and maintenance.
- Assists with operation of Association’s major events, including but not limited to membership meetings, outings, etc.
- Prepares material as directed by staff for the meeting packets for the Board of Directors and other committees.
- Sorts incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is either picked up or delivered to the post office.
- Opens, logs and stamps all incoming checks prior to forwarding them to the association’s bookkeeper.
- Performs other duties as apparent or directed by the Executive Officer of the Association.
Indeed - 20 months ago