The Burks Companies Employee Reviews

This job sucks deeply!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
They want you to do alot of work for less money. Nobody cannot make it on this small amount of change! I would not recommend this job on my enemy.
sorry excuse of a job
general cleaning (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Supervisors sorry. Management sorry as well as the human resource. Pay sucks and I just signed up for benefits BCBS took $50 out my check I almost cried. Already don't get enough. HR couldn't help me so I'm already looking for another job.
Pros
nothing good about it
Cons
no free lunch
Worst place to work
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Easy work. Certain supervisors are lazy. Management Sorry , Humans resources is Sorry and not helpful , the pay is a thumbs down for all the work they want done... every contract they have with any one it needs to be ripped up and thrown in the trash.
Easy Job, dumb management...
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2015
i worked for Burks maybe 2 months...Although the job is easy, some days harder than others. The management staff is less than equal to the 3 stooges. If you're in desperate need of a job, by all means go right ahead. its easy to get hired as at least 2-3 people quit a week.
Pros
its easy work.
Cons
NO BREAKS, no free lunch, no raises, no benefits, no paid holidays.
All equipment provided and decent work environment
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Not complicated work at, all equipment is provided and has a decent work environment. Management is understanding and some days are more difficult than others but my co-workers and myself take things one day at a time.
Productive and rewarding
Washroom Technician/ Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 16, 2013
Break equipment down, send the equipment through the washers, hardest part of the job was to cover the environmental techs, sanitizing and running washers at the same time.
Pros
paid lunches, gain valuable gmp knowledge and experience, full-time.
Cons
short breaks, repetitive, no room for advancement, little overtime.
for people right out of school not for a career
Bio. Tech assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 12, 2013
Management does not know how to run the company. Will hire anyone. No benefits until 90+ day's even then they are way too expensive to get.
You work with dangerous chemicals & equipment , that you do not get hazard pay for. Pay is not worth getting hurt over. If you are right out of school this is a good start job, if you want to take the risks mentioned above. There is no room for advancement at all you stay where you are until you leave, no reviews, no raises!

Co-works only a few know what to do the rest need training ( I blame management for this) It is like high school no one wants to talk to anyone else. the Company you work alongside (you work as a contractor with them )gets paid REALLY REALLY GOOD you do not. They will help you to an extent, then not help .

It would be a good place to work if the pay was a lot better & decent benefits.
Pros
fun people you work with
Cons
horrible benefits, bad pay for the amount of work you do. no shift differential
Great place to work.
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Washington dcAugust 21, 2014
Very good company to work for they really value there employees and do all they can to sustain excellent staff and team oriented i would work for them again.
Pros
excellent benefits package, world class management
Cons
no cons at all.
Loved going to work!
Regional Site Admin (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 8, 2014
I learned all my skills at this job. I loved coming to work despite being laid off. Best job I ever had!
Pros
so much room for growth
Cons
im not there anymore.
Great work enviroment!
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Howard UniversityOctober 29, 2013
Good company to work for with strong leadership and values. And are caring to the needs of there customers and employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Burks Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7