The Callos Companies Employee Reviews

A good temp service to find permanent employement
Laborer (Temp) (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: competitive start off wages and getting paid weekly
Cons: not guarenteed employment in company, weather conditions
A typical day working for Callos would consist of you shadowing a grounds crew member and working side by side to learn and understand the nature of the job and what the work expectations were. I learned how to landscape, prune plants and trees, planting trees and flowers,laying and fixing irrigations lines.The hardest part of the job was with standing the elements at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge you require and the people you work for.
They will find you a job and forget you...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), PittsburghSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no communication, lack of staff, terrible pay roll
I was contacted by this company for a Temporary position. I interviewed for the position and was offered a temp position. During my position I really enjoyed the company they put me in and the pay was good, but that's it.

The Callos companies forgot my pay twice (I had to contact them). And after my placement, I asked what would happen next. They said they would be in contact and try and find me another position. I never heard from them again.
always helpful in job placement
Clerical (Current Employee), Pgh., PAAugust 28, 2014
This Temp service always managed to find me jobs that were a good fit for the skills that I have
Temp Work
Floater (Former Employee), Fox Chapel, PAApril 23, 2014
Pros: early hours
Cons: travel
The Callos Companies is a temp agency that offers full or part time employment. During my employment with them I worked at the Giant Eagles grocery store food chain head quarters. A typical work day was maintaining file room folders for in/out going employees, assisting in the mail room with sorting in coming mail and packages and assisting in other departments as needed. Each department head was professional in addition to the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to help out in the other departments and learning more about the company.
Terrible placement
Hospital worker (Former Employee), Downtown Pgh.March 12, 2014
Cons: no work
I filled out the application and interviewed with a counselor. I am qualified for many positions. But to this day they seem to forget about you. So if you are depending on them to find you work forget it! Worked for them years ago and they were professional. I really don't know what changed?
warm, family team environment, great perks and job security
Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 27, 2013
Pros: high pay, flexible with schedule, nice perks, caring management
Currently work here, and hope to never leave. Management really cares about YOU. Your goals, ambitions and needs. Pays great, and company always shows their appreciation for your hard work. Great training and mentoring to move up in the company.
Intern/Recruiter Assistant
Intern/Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: security
Very flexible, family oriented business, i enjoyed that i can perform the job on my own schdule after it was completed.
Temp. Agency
TEMP (Current Employee), MarylandNovember 16, 2012
There is now guarantee they will find you work or keep you working. They are all very professionally and doing they are best they can during these times.
stocking papers for the Tribune Review
assembly (Former Employee), Cranberry Township,PaAugust 10, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: it was overnight
Overnight shift took papers off the assembly line and stacked them in an orderly fashion. Meeting numbers was the most satisfying thing.
fast pace, great atmosphere
Staff Coordinator-Recruiter (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2012
Pros: went home early if i worked over time
Cons: busy
It was a pleasure working for this company, I love placing people on jobs it makes me feel good to help others