The Cameleer is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Permanent Full Time (40 hrs/week) position and a Part Time position (24-30 hrs/week).
- At least 18 - 24 months retail experience.
- Some weekend work (5-6 days per month).
- Some Evening Shift work until 8:00 - 8:30pm (2-3 Friday or Saturday evenings per month).
The holiday season at The Cameleer is the busiest time of the year and maximum availability is expected. Employees will see an increase in hours scheduled.
All shifts are either 6 or 8 hours long. Wage is dependent upon experience, starting at $8.00/hr.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Greet customers as they enter the store or your work area
- Engage customers to discover their shopping purpose
- Answer customer questions regarding products and services
HELP CUSTOMERS MAKE BUYING DECISIONS
- Assist customers with merchandise selections
- Help customers locate merchandise
- Listen to customer's wants and needs and offer merchandise selections
- Answer questions regarding products, services and store policies.
- Increase sales through up-selling of additional merchandise and thorough product knowledge
CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM EFFORTS
- Continue to develop product knowledge
- Work at the registers and in different departments
- Participate in retail floor and dressing room recovery
- Participate in special projects as requested by store management.
ITEMIZE AND TOTAL PURCHASES
- Operate a cash register to record sales transactions promptly and accurately
- Refer to price sheets and sale bulletins as necessary
- Represent The Cameleer graciously and professionally at all times, in person and over the phone
- Collect correct payment
- Package customer's purchases neatly and with care
- Thank customers for their business and invite them to return again soon
PROCESS EXCHANGES AND RETURNS
- Answer questions regarding return and exchange procedures
- Follow store policies and procedures to include:
o Obtaining approval
o Inspecting returned and exchanged goods
o Validating correct price for exchange or purchase
o Returning cash or crediting charge accounts
ASSIST IN LOSS PREVENTION
- Accept payments with attention to detail
- Focus on register transactions to accurately provide correct change due to customers
- Keep a clean and orderly workspace
- Observe merchandise going in and out of the fitting rooms
- Immediately notify a manager of suspected or observed dishonest activity within the store
- Follow The Cameleer's policies and procedures.