The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Great wine, amazing service
Wine Director & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The Capital Grille is where I received much of my wine knowledge. My responsibilities included ordering the wine, take inventory of the wine and making sure that the servers had all the information about the wine to properly seel it to our guests.
Hostess look on things
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Management is unorganized and will never take responsibility. The servers make a lot of money but they have a "busy season" and a slow season. The hostess are required to do jobs that are not in the job description without being compensated for the outside job.
Pros
free lunch
Classy, All-American, Steak House
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Great staff relations, and an overall professional and well run steak house with consistent, high class, customers. Management was easy to work for and supportive.
Enjoyed every moment!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at the Rosemont location as a bartender for 8 months. Im transferring to the Denver location now. But this has been a great location to work for. Amazing staff that works as a team with great attitudes. As a bartender expect to be there 10-13 hours on days you do doubles. Its mostly prep work and stocking but its just a long day either way. The regulars are amazing people, always respectful and kind. Busy location with lots of foot traffic. Monday- sunday is always busy so be happy with week day shifts. The management is amazing, Very professional and will bend over backwards for whatever you need. Truly friends in my book. The bar could use a few tweaks to make it run smoother, but overall its a great bar to work for. The compensation is great!
Pros
employee lunches everyday, money, hours
Cons
tighter bar for bigger people, no soda guns
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 19, 2017
Laid back but very intense when busy. Management is very supportive will assist whenever and wherever needed. Unless you're interested in becoming a manager growth is nonexistent. You can become bartender, host or server but, not a lot of options.
Pros
free lunch
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Everyone who works there has pride for the company. Training in intense- but worth it. The team comes together as a family. Money is also great. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometime late hours
Amazing guests terrible management team
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 17, 2016
Working here I was able to fine tune and sharpen my hospitality skills. I had amazing regulars & made good money. However, we really struggled coming together as a cohesive team for the first couple of years, & saying there was a lack of unprofessionalism is an understatement! Hopefully they now have a management team in place that actually supports the core values & can help this location reach its potential.
Pros
Great guests, good compensation
Cons
Unpredictable, immature management & uncomfortable working environment
Overrated
Lead Cook II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2016
Hard hard work no breaks no sick days maybe 1 day off if you ask but only if you're not that 'good' lazy management slow never lifts a real finger but take all the perks if you're a work horse who doesn't want recognition for your hard efforts definitely the place to be
Productive, high volume.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
I'm working at this place for 5 years. Have lots of regular guests who ask for me. But need to change to a more dedicated environment.
Pros
Great shift meals. Lots of money
Cons
Too much sidework.
High volume, fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Training is very dedicated. Lots of regular guests who ask for me. I opened this place in 2012 but need to use my skills elsewhere.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lots of sidework
High volume restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Capital Grille Wall Street and Orlando location. Good pay, great training lots of job security.High volume restaurant keeps you running around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great place to meet great Friends and make great money
Server Assistant in fine dining (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 15, 2016
A typical day at work was busting my butt as a server assistant:flipping tables, filling waters etc. and at the end getting great money. Since money is distributed with a computer system i feel like it aids against servers shorting you on tips. Sometimes they even throw in extra on-top if your real efficient and fast.
Great culture and business practice
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2016
Great training and management. Provides all the tools needed to succeed. Consistent training and development to improve ones self.
Fun and professional staff that works together. Gained extensive knowledge on food and wine.
Fun work enviroment with learning
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2016
Positive work enviroment with education and product knowledge being the cornerstone. And teamwork also as a cornerstone as well.
Pros
Meals
Cons
no break
Productive Fun workplace
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2016
I have enjoyed working at 2 separate locations now. Its a family environment, all the staff is helpful. I left my previous employer to come here and felt just like family.
Great Place to Work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
Managers are friendly and understanding. They are very thorough when training a new-hire. My training lasted about two months and I will be forever grateful for the skills they taught me. They want you to grow with the company and as a person.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
One 15 minute break when working a double
Great Work Enviroment
Server/Somolier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
I have worked for the Capital Grille for almost 2 two years.
The work culture is competitive and pay is very good for the Orlando area.
good company
Executive Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
I liked the job and the people I worked with. The company has great philosophy on paper. company does follow its own policies.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
No repect for chefs
Spotless and Full Bar
Bartender - Food & Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 26, 2016
Making drinks for all guest and servers. Prepping for garnishes and mixes for the day. always maintaining a positive attitude
I can only give so much of me...
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Capital Grille is a place where I learned how to be on my feet for over 12 hours without a break. There was barley any time to have a break or eat food.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.