The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille Employer Reviews

A great place to work
❸ Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: great managers, employee meal
I like the management and my coworkers. Potential for great income. Insurance not available yet. Need more people walking into the restaurant.
High expectations and high rewards
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 12, 2014
The management was probably the most professional management I had ever had the pleasure of working with. They inspired to do my job better and better which is something that I will take with me to future endeavors.
Lead Day Hostess (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough tables at times
Fine dining at it's BEST.. Love working there. Great atmosphere and menu with reasonable prices.
high energy great environment
waitrss (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2013
Pros: fun high paying job
waited on high clientele. great energy very nice people. paired wine and food. great wine knowledge.
Fine Dining Corporate Restaurant
Trainer and Sever (Current Employee), Garden City, NYSeptember 26, 2013
The restaurant provides opportunities for servers to exceed. They give you the necessary tools to do your job successfully. The guests who dine at the Capital Grille are enjoyable and therefore many become regular and loyal guests. The restaurant has taught me a great deal about corporate structure, teamwork, and customer service.
Robot land
server (Former Employee), NaplesAugust 15, 2013
They hung me high and dry after I did all for them and lead the team.
I won't even waste my breath...
Overall decent job with growth potential but needs better management staff
Lead Hostess (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free family meals and flexible schedules
Cons: poor management, unprofessional staff
Great company but the particaular location I worked at is unprofessional and lacking integrity.
Great people, just not enough business to go around
Server / Bartender (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: family meals, flexible hours, great managers, fun staff
Cons: lack of business
Go in, setup for the night shift by stocking and cleaning a few things for dinner. Serve the happy hour guest from 430-7, then service main dining until close. I've been here for over 2 years now and watched quite a few good employees leave because our inconsistent business flow. Our managers seem to be doing their best to secure business, but it appears – more... that our location and concept are not quite right for that particular area. We have some people who put in several hours, but are not benefiting or thriving do to lack of business. The ones who still are employed for the most part work together to help the restaurant maintain its great reputation. I don't want to leave this place that I've now invested so much time in, but I'm left with no other choice because I'm not making sufficient income. I enjoy my management team and co-workers, but i now must seek employment elsewhere if I am to maintain a healthy and comfortable quality of life! – less
Very good structure
Foodserver/Bartender/Certified trainer/KeyEmployee (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 17, 2013
Pros: family meal everyday.
Cons: lack of communication between managers
Clear expectations, core values, great company to work for.
The money was good but the work was overbearing
Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2012
Working for the restaurant was very overwhelming. Although the money was nice, the schedule and work load was extremely unbalanced.
Fortunes Top 100 Companies to Work for
Hostess (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 27, 2012
Fine Dinning, Amazing Customer Service, Dealing with high end guests, Love the Capital Grille
Fun workplace with decent potential to earn a good salary
Server (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2012
Pros: free lunches, long breaks
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work requires physical labor carrying different items up and down 2 flights of stairs, frequent interaction with guests, and responsible for selling high end products. I honed my salesmanship skills here at the capital grille and learned about high end wines. Management at The Capital Grille is excellent. My co-workers sometimes are – more... team players and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is being able to consolidate tasks in order to complete them in a timely and effective manner. the most enjoyable part of the job is having the abilities to know and sell the higher end products. – less
Exceptional Company!
Line Cook (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 17, 2011
Pros: free lunches, great benefits, and employee perks
Cons: limited parking
I loved working for the Capital Grille. I can truly say that this a company that takes great care of their employees. I love the atmosphere and products that this company offers and I acquired great multi-tasking skills while employed here.

The Capital Grille Photos