The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Stable and relaxed environment with great dry aged steaks
Bartender/Cocktail waitress (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Ultimately I love this job and don't intend to leave anytime soon. I would recommend this to anyone with full of poise, and a nice personality to inquire about working here. So many things to learn!
Pros
Free Employee Meals provided daily before each shift
fast paced
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2018
Make and confirm reservations. Put in take out orders, assist with setting up tables helping guest with inquires i learned to stay calm during stressful situations and instead of focusing on problems that arise I keep calm and focus on solving it. There is also a strong management presence always willing to help out when needed. The work place is a nice safe environment with most of us having great senses of humor we are able to perform the job effectively as well as have fun. The most difficult part of the job dealing with the servers due to tables that they wanted and may not have been able to have
Pros
25% discount on food, great place for networking, management being considerate when making schedules
Cons
10 hr days without breaks, when servers are rude
Very busy restaurant that is committed to a "yes" and "guest first" culture
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This place is a great place to work if you like to keep busy and have a love and background for fine dining/hospitality. Majority of management was fun and pleasant to work with and all managers were committed to acting "guest first". Some managers were more supportive than others when it came to assisting staff when it was busy. There were some managers who like to micro-manage and were sometimes very stressful to work with though. Servers were very competitive and greedy. You get "mystery shops" which is a good way to keep the staff committed to service. There was also a lot of favoritism and that lead to a lot of drama between staff. Also expect to face some issues with scheduling every once in a while, there is constantly fluctuate in staff, meaning there are a lot of times that they are short staffed and there is a lot of understaffing on busy nights and when it gets busy or is holiday season there is a very unlikely chance you'll get your ideal schedule or your time off. Because of the industry, you will of course deal with some very high maintenance people, which can add stress to everyone, but it just comes with the job. An overall good experience, but the drama and lack of support that lower level employees go through can make this job more difficult than most would like.
Pros
Family Meal and Discounts
Cons
Stressful Environment
Lovely place to work
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 29, 2017
The Capital Grille is a world of its own. Truly an experience like no other. I loved working there, however, I did not get along with the new Managing Partner. We had very different views on what guest service was. Other then that, I never would have left!
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Holiday Stress
Summary
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 16, 2017
Working at the Capital Grille gave me a new perspective on what to expect from an employer. I was treated very fairly as the management team looks out for their employees. They understand what it is like to work in the service industry. The core values are incredibly important where I work. I stand beside those values as a person and a employee. The hardest part of my job is working every weekend and holiday. There is not much time spent away from work. The mot enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the support from my management team. I have nothing but respect for this company and the people who run it.
fast paced
COOK (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2017
This was a fast paced detail oriented job.
working in 5-star dining was definitely a good learning experience for me.
taught me to be mindful of all details.
Pros
not many
Cons
no benefits
Es un ambiente acogedor
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2017
Es un lugar acogedor con buena música y tiene con buenas bebidas.
It's a good company
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  94 perimeter center w dunwoody ga30346December 5, 2017
It's a good company but they don't have a carrier plan for employees. And it's not commercial area that's why sometimes it's very slow that's why I'm trying to figure out the best place for me and my future life
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Competitive
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 28, 2017
Can be somewhat of a toxic work environment, however I love my fellow employees and restaurant guests. General manager is great, assistant managers can be good or bad.
management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2017
Manager would take hostess to the bar, which I think is against work policy. Very rude and racist. Described Ecuadorians as " they have babies like rabbits, by the second"
Good benefits
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 8, 2017
The Capital Grille is a great place to work. It offers a very stable environment and many benefits to its employees. They employ the latest technology and systems to support their people to get the job done.
Pros
Great systems and technology, benefits
Cons
Small offices, too many rules, not a lot of commraderie
rather not say
Server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2017
SOme good. a lot of bad. area directors would visit, and were absolutely worthless. Sat on their computers all day. Never interacting with staff or guests.
Hosting in a High Class Environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2017
A typical day consisted of making reservations and staying at the host stand to make sure that standard operating procedures were met. I learned a good bit about how to cater my skills to the high class environment. The management team was decent besides one manager that only criticized. The hardest part of the job was the constant standing in boredom without much to do other than waiting for the next person to walk in the door.
Pros
free meals at 4, experience at a different level
Cons
boring, pay was low
Depends
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAOctober 27, 2017
If you want to make good money it is a decent place but it is very cut throat and filled with unhappy people for no reason but they enjoy being miserable.
Pros
Money
Cons
Unhappy environment
Structured management and operations establishment
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
My time spent at The Capital Grille allowed me to develop my administrative skills as well as operations management in a structured environment. The culture is well outlined and fair.
Pros
Structured management with total accountability
Cons
work/life balance
It can be very difficult to excel in this environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaOctober 19, 2017
It is hard working for this company as a host because it is of the needs of the business. They do not care if you have bills to pay. And on top of that the shifts are short and it does not make up for not getting paid very much. There is obvious favoritism. You are not applauded for doing a good job but you'll definitely hear about when you didn't.
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours, some workers are frustrating to work with
It All Depends On The Location
Private Dining Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
If you work at The Capital Grille and are managed by an amazing group of managers and you love the people that you work with, it can be a great place to work.
Good food, poor environment
Matrodie/Host (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2017
Host staff is the bottom of the barrel, and treated as such by managers, servers, and barstaff. Low pay considering responsibilities and pace of service. Extremely high bar is set, which is understandable for such a luxury steakhouse, but managerial support is spotty at best and servers perceive/treat host staff as vindictive and out to get them.
Pros
Free pre-shift meals
Cons
Low pay/advancement, spotty management
Management is great
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2017
The Capital Grille is a fun place to work. They have flexible scheduling and room for growth. I have never worked with a better management team that prides themselves in providing a pleasant work environment.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
working holidays
Great Opportunities
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2017
The Capital Grille in Denver is a popular steak house offering a wide range of gourmet food and beverage. You have the opportunity to make great money and meat wonderful people. They have high expectations of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.