The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Amazing guests terrible management team
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 17, 2016
Working here I was able to fine tune and sharpen my hospitality skills. I had amazing regulars & made good money. However, we really struggled coming together as a cohesive team for the first couple of years, & saying there was a lack of unprofessionalism is an understatement! Hopefully they now have a management team in place that actually supports the core values & can help this location reach its potential.
Pros
Great guests, good compensation
Cons
Unpredictable, immature management & uncomfortable working environment
Great culture and business practice
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2016
Great training and management. Provides all the tools needed to succeed. Consistent training and development to improve ones self.
Fun and professional staff that works together. Gained extensive knowledge on food and wine.
Overrated
Lead Cook II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2016
Hard hard work no breaks no sick days maybe 1 day off if you ask but only if you're not that 'good' lazy management slow never lifts a real finger but take all the perks if you're a work horse who doesn't want recognition for your hard efforts definitely the place to be
High volume restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Capital Grille Wall Street and Orlando location. Good pay, great training lots of job security.High volume restaurant keeps you running around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
good company
Executive Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
I liked the job and the people I worked with. The company has great philosophy on paper. company does follow its own policies.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
No repect for chefs
Great Place to Work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
Managers are friendly and understanding. They are very thorough when training a new-hire. My training lasted about two months and I will be forever grateful for the skills they taught me. They want you to grow with the company and as a person.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
One 15 minute break when working a double
Productive, high volume.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
I'm working at this place for 5 years. Have lots of regular guests who ask for me. But need to change to a more dedicated environment.
Pros
Great shift meals. Lots of money
Cons
Too much sidework.
a typical day
Dish Washer/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2015
on a typical day i'd wash dishes and do anything else asked of me such as food preparation or stocking inventory in the restaurant also keeping inventory.I learned a lot about food temperatures prep techniques and what it was really like to work hard this was the busiest capital grille in the world literally I am not over exaggerating,it is the most profitable store ,management was good but dint want to move me or other coworkers because the job criteria was so crazy at times they couldn't really find a lot of people who wouldn't quit within a week or so,they did compensate more because of that though,you've got lazy coworkers everywhere some would help some wouldn't it was normal stuff some slacked on the job some didn't that's all.the hardest part was the restaurant business and some people would just walk around while others and i were in the dish room behind.the food was buy far the most enjoyable part of the job like i said they compensated so not only financially but with food every night.
Pros
we got free lunch and dinner every night time off if needed and alot of overtime
Cons
no breaks, ridiculously busy, there wasnt really a chance to move up unless they hired at least 3 more dishwashers
Fun workplace with decent potential to earn a good salary
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2012
a typical day at work requires physical labor carrying different items up and down 2 flights of stairs, frequent interaction with guests, and responsible for selling high end products. I honed my salesmanship skills here at the capital grille and learned about high end wines. Management at The Capital Grille is excellent. My co-workers sometimes are team players and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is being able to consolidate tasks in order to complete them in a timely and effective manner. the most enjoyable part of the job is having the abilities to know and sell the higher end products.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks
Team oriented work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Its a great place to work. I believe management makes a good job great and I feel they do so at The Capital Grille. It is a place where you truly feel like you are apart of a team. I have learned how important team work is for completing tasks and having a successful shift and working environment. The management team looks for their staffs strengths and finds ways to highlight them. The Capital Grille stands for more than just fine dinning they are number one in team work.
Very open and friendly atmosphere
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me started very early as we were the only Capital Grille in the country that was open at 6 a.m. for breakfast as well. I would set up everything for the rest of the day, make confirmation calls, help the sales manager with marketing projects, and attend to the guests needs. I had no problems with any co-workers and we were all very close knit, and worked productively as a team.
The hardest part about the job was trying to reason with clients that wanted to book one of our private dining rooms when they weren't available. The thing I loved most about the job was that it kept me busy throughout the day, the constant face time I had with guests and the co operation with co workers it took to keep the establishment running efficiently.
Pros
Co-workers, dress code, free lunch, flexible schedules
Cons
Micromanagement, difficult clients
Great people, just not enough business to go around
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2013
Go in, setup for the night shift by stocking and cleaning a few things for dinner. Serve the happy hour guest from 430-7, then service main dining until close. I've been here for over 2 years now and watched quite a few good employees leave because our inconsistent business flow. Our managers seem to be doing their best to secure business, but it appears that our location and concept are not quite right for that particular area. We have some people who put in several hours, but are not benefiting or thriving do to lack of business. The ones who still are employed for the most part work together to help the restaurant maintain its great reputation. I don't want to leave this place that I've now invested so much time in, but I'm left with no other choice because I'm not making sufficient income. I enjoy my management team and co-workers, but i now must seek employment elsewhere if I am to maintain a healthy and comfortable quality of life!
Pros
Family meals, flexible hours, great managers, fun staff
Cons
lack of business
Okay job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Working with amazing coworkers and clients was one of the best things about this job. The true meaning of professionalism will be instilled in you but you may be overlooked. There is a strong focus on revenue generation and if you don't directly contribute- as a server or manager, then you may be deemed as unimportant. If you're able to work late nights this is the job for you. Your life experience here will be amazing but you'll have to have a second job to live comfortably.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
No monetary appreciation
Fine Dinning at its best
S (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 15, 2015
Great staff and family like atmosphere within the co-workers. Top notch management and quality products. Not hard to sell the best!
Productive Workplace
Executive Sous chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2015
excel in supervising staff of 50 or more overseeing multimillion dollar food revenues. Mastered skills include restaurant openings logistics and planning, PnL execution, food cost analysis, budgeting, and inventory control and purchasing. Ability not only to lead but patience in ability to teach utilizing skills contributing to overall guest satisfaction. Culinary trend and standard setter, develop impeccable menus and cuisine in a true tradition at a high level of execution. Collaborate and mentor all departments as a unified front.
Exceptional Company!
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2011
I loved working for the Capital Grille. I can truly say that this a company that takes great care of their employees. I love the atmosphere and products that this company offers and I acquired great multi-tasking skills while employed here.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits, and employee perks
Cons
limited parking
High expectations and high rewards
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 12, 2014
The management was probably the most professional management I had ever had the pleasure of working with. They inspired to do my job better and better which is something that I will take with me to future endeavors.
Overall decent job with growth potential but needs better management staff
Lead Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 22, 2013
Great company but the particaular location I worked at is unprofessional and lacking integrity.
Pros
free family meals and flexible schedules
Cons
poor management, unprofessional staff
overall
line cook (Current Employee) –  orlandoSeptember 1, 2015
it is a good company to work for, good employees and everybody cares for each other, they are understanding when it comes to personal problems and when someone needs help.
Pros
good hours
A great place to work
❸ Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
I like the management and my coworkers. Potential for great income. Insurance not available yet. Need more people walking into the restaurant.
Pros
Great Managers, employee meal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.