The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Enjoyed every moment!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at the Rosemont location as a bartender for 8 months. Im transferring to the Denver location now. But this has been a great location to work for. Amazing staff that works as a team with great attitudes. As a bartender expect to be there 10-13 hours on days you do doubles. Its mostly prep work and stocking but its just a long day either way. The regulars are amazing people, always respectful and kind. Busy location with lots of foot traffic. Monday- sunday is always busy so be happy with week day shifts. The management is amazing, Very professional and will bend over backwards for whatever you need. Truly friends in my book. The bar could use a few tweaks to make it run smoother, but overall its a great bar to work for. The compensation is great!
Pros
employee lunches everyday, money, hours
Cons
tighter bar for bigger people, no soda guns
Amazing guests terrible management team
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 17, 2016
Working here I was able to fine tune and sharpen my hospitality skills. I had amazing regulars & made good money. However, we really struggled coming together as a cohesive team for the first couple of years, & saying there was a lack of unprofessionalism is an understatement! Hopefully they now have a management team in place that actually supports the core values & can help this location reach its potential.
Pros
Great guests, good compensation
Cons
Unpredictable, immature management & uncomfortable working environment
A great family
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2017
Everyone has their own sense of humor and very different personalities but they were great to be around and made everyone feel included. They went the extra mile for their customers and their co-workers in everything they did, everything was precise and well thought out.
Pros
Great homemade lunches!
Cons
No where to take a break
Great wine, amazing service
Wine Director & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
The Capital Grille is where I received much of my wine knowledge. My responsibilities included ordering the wine, take inventory of the wine and making sure that the servers had all the information about the wine to properly seel it to our guests.
Hostess look on things
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Management is unorganized and will never take responsibility. The servers make a lot of money but they have a "busy season" and a slow season. The hostess are required to do jobs that are not in the job description without being compensated for the outside job.
Pros
free lunch
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 19, 2017
Laid back but very intense when busy. Management is very supportive will assist whenever and wherever needed. Unless you're interested in becoming a manager growth is nonexistent. You can become bartender, host or server but, not a lot of options.
Pros
free lunch
Hostess @ Capital Grille
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2017
Darden is a TOP 100 Companies to work for for a reason! The Capital Grille is a wonderful restaurant to work for. The management and work life is amazing. You have to have a love for hospitality though! It is challenging!
Pros
Competitve pay
Great place to meet great Friends and make great money
Server Assistant in fine dining (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 15, 2016
A typical day at work was busting my butt as a server assistant:flipping tables, filling waters etc. and at the end getting great money. Since money is distributed with a computer system i feel like it aids against servers shorting you on tips. Sometimes they even throw in extra on-top if your real efficient and fast.
Overrated
Lead Cook II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2016
Hard hard work no breaks no sick days maybe 1 day off if you ask but only if you're not that 'good' lazy management slow never lifts a real finger but take all the perks if you're a work horse who doesn't want recognition for your hard efforts definitely the place to be
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Everyone who works there has pride for the company. Training in intense- but worth it. The team comes together as a family. Money is also great. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometime late hours
Classy, All-American, Steak House
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Great staff relations, and an overall professional and well run steak house with consistent, high class, customers. Management was easy to work for and supportive.
Very good company
Host (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2017
Very good company, with wonderful people, Management is good, some managers better than others. They very good at allowing room to grow and are always willing to help.
High volume restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Capital Grille Wall Street and Orlando location. Good pay, great training lots of job security.High volume restaurant keeps you running around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great culture and business practice
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2016
Great training and management. Provides all the tools needed to succeed. Consistent training and development to improve ones self.
Fun and professional staff that works together. Gained extensive knowledge on food and wine.
Productive, high volume.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
I'm working at this place for 5 years. Have lots of regular guests who ask for me. But need to change to a more dedicated environment.
Pros
Great shift meals. Lots of money
Cons
Too much sidework.
High volume, fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Training is very dedicated. Lots of regular guests who ask for me. I opened this place in 2012 but need to use my skills elsewhere.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lots of sidework
Great Place to Work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
Managers are friendly and understanding. They are very thorough when training a new-hire. My training lasted about two months and I will be forever grateful for the skills they taught me. They want you to grow with the company and as a person.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
One 15 minute break when working a double
Fun and Productive environment
Hostess and Private Dining Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Working at The Capital Grille is very interesting and full of surprises. From the private dining events we host to a regular Monday afternoon lunch, there is always something to do and it is always interesting. I have learned that I have more patience than I thought I had prior to working here. The hardest part of the job is not being able to send holidays with family members. I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and getting to learn more about all the applications that create a fine dining experience.
Pros
We get Family Meal at 4pm everyday.
Cons
Standing on your feet for long shifts.
Productive and comfortable day at the host stand.
Host (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
A typical day at The Capital Grille is busy, productive, and an over all smooth transition. What I've learned for being at the host stand was how to better manage a large volume of people, better communication skills and guest experience. My co workers work as a team to assure guest are cared for with any needs or concerns. The hardest part of work would be a large volume of guest coming in at one time. Being able to check in guest, seat the guest, and assist with other host duties is a task, but the job nevertheless, gets accomplished. The most enjoyable part about being a host at The Capital Grille, is meeting and interacting with different guest that come and dine. Friendly and very informative conversations and exchanges within a welcoming culture.
Pros
Great work culture, great co workers.
Fun work enviroment with learning
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2016
Positive work enviroment with education and product knowledge being the cornerstone. And teamwork also as a cornerstone as well.
Pros
Meals
Cons
no break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.

The Capital Grille Reviews by Location