The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Amazing guests terrible management team
Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 17, 2016
Working here I was able to fine tune and sharpen my hospitality skills. I had amazing regulars & made good money. However, we really struggled coming together as a cohesive team for the first couple of years, & saying there was a lack of unprofessionalism is an understatement! Hopefully they now have a management team in place that actually supports the core values & can help this location reach its potential.
Pros
Great guests, good compensation
Cons
Unpredictable, immature management & uncomfortable working environment
Overrated
Lead Cook II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2016
Hard hard work no breaks no sick days maybe 1 day off if you ask but only if you're not that 'good' lazy management slow never lifts a real finger but take all the perks if you're a work horse who doesn't want recognition for your hard efforts definitely the place to be
Great employees, not so great managment
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2016
Very specific steps of service
Quizzed often during pre-shift
Continued training and development is crucial
Amazing coworkers that work well together; excellent team work
Hardest part: management treats you like "just a server"
Most enjoyable part: Coworkers are the best
Can't eat on shift at all
Constantly denied time off
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, no eating rules, benefits
High volume restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Capital Grille Wall Street and Orlando location. Good pay, great training lots of job security.High volume restaurant keeps you running around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great culture and business practice
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 29, 2016
Great training and management. Provides all the tools needed to succeed. Consistent training and development to improve ones self.
Fun and professional staff that works together. Gained extensive knowledge on food and wine.
Productive and comfortable day at the host stand.
Host (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
A typical day at The Capital Grille is busy, productive, and an over all smooth transition. What I've learned for being at the host stand was how to better manage a large volume of people, better communication skills and guest experience. My co workers work as a team to assure guest are cared for with any needs or concerns. The hardest part of work would be a large volume of guest coming in at one time. Being able to check in guest, seat the guest, and assist with other host duties is a task, but the job nevertheless, gets accomplished. The most enjoyable part about being a host at The Capital Grille, is meeting and interacting with different guest that come and dine. Friendly and very informative conversations and exchanges within a welcoming culture.
Pros
Great work culture, great co workers.
Great work life
SERVER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
Great Place not so good management. Good advancement opportunities, decent money, good hours. The food is exceptional so selling the food is easy as it requires not effort. The food sells its self
Great place to meet great Friends and make great money
Server Assistant in fine dining (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 15, 2016
A typical day at work was busting my butt as a server assistant:flipping tables, filling waters etc. and at the end getting great money. Since money is distributed with a computer system i feel like it aids against servers shorting you on tips. Sometimes they even throw in extra on-top if your real efficient and fast.
Great Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Everyone who works there has pride for the company. Training in intense- but worth it. The team comes together as a family. Money is also great. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
sometime late hours
Manager, Server, Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fashion Show Mall, Las Vegas BlvdMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work we learned about food and wine. Management treated us with respect and was very helpful. Co-workers were team oriented. The hardest part of the job was extremely busy nights. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving and knowing you did a great job and made a lot of money.
Pros
Treated with respect, fed well and management granting needed time off.
Cons
Working holidays but thats the business
Great Work Enviroment
Server/Somolier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2016
I have worked for the Capital Grille for almost 2 two years.
The work culture is competitive and pay is very good for the Orlando area.
High volume, fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Training is very dedicated. Lots of regular guests who ask for me. I opened this place in 2012 but need to use my skills elsewhere.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lots of sidework
Productive, high volume.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2016
I'm working at this place for 5 years. Have lots of regular guests who ask for me. But need to change to a more dedicated environment.
Pros
Great shift meals. Lots of money
Cons
Too much sidework.
good company
Executive Chef Partner (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
I liked the job and the people I worked with. The company has great philosophy on paper. company does follow its own policies.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
No repect for chefs
Great Place to Work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
Managers are friendly and understanding. They are very thorough when training a new-hire. My training lasted about two months and I will be forever grateful for the skills they taught me. They want you to grow with the company and as a person.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
One 15 minute break when working a double
Fun and Productive environment
Hostess and Private Dining Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Working at The Capital Grille is very interesting and full of surprises. From the private dining events we host to a regular Monday afternoon lunch, there is always something to do and it is always interesting. I have learned that I have more patience than I thought I had prior to working here. The hardest part of the job is not being able to send holidays with family members. I would say the most enjoyable part is meeting new people and getting to learn more about all the applications that create a fine dining experience.
Pros
We get Family Meal at 4pm everyday.
Cons
Standing on your feet for long shifts.
Fun work enviroment with learning
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2016
Positive work enviroment with education and product knowledge being the cornerstone. And teamwork also as a cornerstone as well.
Pros
Meals
Cons
no break
Productive Fun workplace
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2016
I have enjoyed working at 2 separate locations now. Its a family environment, all the staff is helpful. I left my previous employer to come here and felt just like family.
I can only give so much of me...
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Capital Grille is a place where I learned how to be on my feet for over 12 hours without a break. There was barley any time to have a break or eat food.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Wonderful guest focused establishment with lots of employee based fun.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2014
The Capitol Grille, although a very high end restaurant was a very fun place to work. The management staff as well as the corporate staff was very pleasant to be around. For example instead of having the restaurant open on super bowl sunday, the management made the decision since we were not the type of place people would go to watch they had an employee appreciation day with games food prizes videos music and greatest of all a management dunking booth. Everything was donate if possible like a fair setting and all proceed went to a charity.
Pros
Free lunch. Excellent benefits
Cons
the fact that day time shift was not as busy night crew, got a little more attention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Capital Grille. Our community is ready to answer.

The Capital Grille Reviews by Location