The Capital Grille Employee Reviews

Team oriented work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
Its a great place to work. I believe management makes a good job great and I feel they do so at The Capital Grille. It is a place where you truly feel like you are apart of a team. I have learned how important team work is for completing tasks and having a successful shift and working environment. The management team looks for their staffs strengths and finds ways to highlight them. The Capital Grille stands for more than just fine dinning they are number one in team work.
Host
Maître D / Hostess (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
• Overseeing host team and individual host duties
• Run waitlist, gauge kitchen, servers and general dining room performance
• Ensure that requirements for all guests are met; including small children, disabled or food allergic guests
fun workplace. friendly staff, warm envirorment
hostess (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 6, 2015
Answering phones, making reservations, confirm reservations, seat guest, open/close. check bathrooms and clean them. make floor chart and table chart. do invoices
Fine Dinning at its best
S (Former Employee), TexasJune 15, 2015
Great staff and family like atmosphere within the co-workers. Top notch management and quality products. Not hard to sell the best!
a typical day
Dish Washer/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: we got free lunch and dinner every night time off if needed and alot of overtime
Cons: no breaks, ridiculously busy, there wasnt really a chance to move up unless they hired at least 3 more dishwashers
on a typical day i'd wash dishes and do anything else asked of me such as food preparation or stocking inventory in the restaurant also keeping inventory.I learned a lot about food temperatures prep techniques and what it was really like to work hard this was the busiest capital grille in the world literally I am not over exaggerating,it is the most profitable store ,management was good but dint want to move me or other coworkers because the job criteria was so crazy at times they couldn't really find a lot of people who wouldn't quit within a week or so,they did compensate more because of that though,you've got lazy coworkers everywhere some would help some wouldn't it was normal stuff some slacked on the job some didn't that's all.the hardest part was the restaurant business and some people would just walk around while others and i were in the dish room behind.the food was buy far the most enjoyable part of the job like i said they compensated so not only financially but with food every night.
Very open and friendly atmosphere
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMay 13, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, dress code, free lunch, flexible schedules
Cons: Micromanagement, difficult clients
A typical day at work for me started very early as we were the only Capital Grille in the country that was open at 6 a.m. for breakfast as well. I would set up everything for the rest of the day, make confirmation calls, help the sales manager with marketing projects, and attend to the guests needs. I had no problems with any co-workers and we were all very close knit, and worked productively as a team.
The hardest part about the job was trying to reason with clients that wanted to book one of our private dining rooms when they weren't available. The thing I loved most about the job was that it kept me busy throughout the day, the constant face time I had with guests and the co operation with co workers it took to keep the establishment running efficiently.
Amazing customer service
Hostess (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 26, 2015
Though I was a hostess and apart of the staff even I felt the quality of service that every one presented. Customer service and the quality of their food and drinks is their #1 priority and they make sure to present that to every one that walks in the door.
Productive Workplace
Executive Sous chef (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 17, 2015
excel in supervising staff of 50 or more overseeing multimillion dollar food revenues. Mastered skills include restaurant openings logistics and planning, PnL execution, food cost analysis, budgeting, and inventory control and purchasing. Ability not only to lead but patience in ability to teach utilizing skills contributing to overall guest satisfaction. Culinary trend and standard setter, develop impeccable menus and cuisine in a true tradition at a high level of execution. Collaborate and mentor all departments as a unified front.
Interesting place to work
Server (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Money during convention season
Cons: Ever changing menu items, lunch shifts, no gratuity on parties over 6
Working at The Capital Grille was a learning experience. I was able to make a good deal of money during the convention season and also able to take off during the summer to travel. However, there was not much consistency.
Educational and rewarding
Server/ Expeditor (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Fine dining atmosphere with a lot of opportunities to learn and fine tune serving skills, food and wine knowledge and guest satisfaction.
Very professional and well managed resaturant
Hostess (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 3, 2015
From working for such a prestigious company, I have learned how a high class restaurant functions and manages their work place. I was allowed to overview different aspects of how this company is ran, and would not trade the experience for anything. It was a huge eye opener on how customers are treated and how immensely important five star hospitality is in demand.
Very professional work envirnoment
Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about hospitality
Cons: no cons. i moved from jacksonville otherwise i wouold have stayed wih company.
I worked as Head Hostess. I came in before opening to go through reservations and make reservation plan. The Capital Grille had almost all high end cliental so it was very important to remember everyone that came into the establishment. I also worked along side the managers in the office and helped organize events that the establishment was hosting,
Okay job
Hostess (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: no monetary appreciation
Working with amazing coworkers and clients was one of the best things about this job. The true meaning of professionalism will be instilled in you but you may be overlooked. There is a strong focus on revenue generation and if you don't directly contribute- as a server or manager, then you may be deemed as unimportant. If you're able to work late nights this is the job for you. Your life experience here will be amazing but you'll have to have a second job to live comfortably.
Great potential except for the greedy corporate overlords...
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great product and state of the art kitchen to work with.
Cons: harsh financial contrast between kitchen and the rest of the restaurant.
My first impressions of the capital grille were ones of high quality, like I had finally found somewhere to work where people acted as a team and cared about everyone there being successful. For the first few months this was pretty much the case. We opened in early 2014 and I got overtime like crazy for a while and no one seemed to mind about labor because business was good. Lately things have changed in that the restaurant is still operating exactly as it was before, good business and the servers make great money. They complain about making $250 in one night's service. That's how good they do on average. But the kitchen staff is regularly yelled at about labor and our hours are cut more and more. Instead of firing the handful of lazy employees, they cut all of our hours and shrug when we tell them we have bills to pay. Basically we are expendable garbage and everyone else lives like kings. It wouldn't be so bad but they have the worst system regarding their food costs. They over prep multiple items daily, and then they throw out everything at the end of the night. It's not hard to set up a better prep system. We don't receive enough time to do everything required of us and the reservations are constantly overbooked for certain time periods. Every day we are slow until about 7 p.m. Then we are hit with 150 covers until 8. Then it slows to a crawl once again and we wait for 10 o'clock. It's a daily reminder of how little they understand. Space out the reservations. They yell how long on a ticket that just came in along with 20 other tickets with multiple large parties all at – more... the same time. Space out the effing reservations. And then they have the gall to act like they themselves are appalled when there are even the smallest delays. Hold yourselves to the same high standards you hold us to. It's a high class restaurant being run by greedy, snobby jerks and its kitchen staff is underpaid, overworked and treated like they work at a waffle house or ihop. I don't make horrible money but I don't make what a cook at a place such as this should make. They pull in plenty of money every day/week/month/year and I can't pay my rent. Share the wealth. – less
A great place to work
❸ Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: great managers, employee meal
I like the management and my coworkers. Potential for great income. Insurance not available yet. Need more people walking into the restaurant.
High expectations and high rewards
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 12, 2014
The management was probably the most professional management I had ever had the pleasure of working with. They inspired to do my job better and better which is something that I will take with me to future endeavors.
Lead Day Hostess (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough tables at times
Fine dining at it's BEST.. Love working there. Great atmosphere and menu with reasonable prices.
high energy great environment
waitrss (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2013
Pros: fun high paying job
waited on high clientele. great energy very nice people. paired wine and food. great wine knowledge.
Fine Dining Corporate Restaurant
Trainer and Sever (Current Employee), Garden City, NYSeptember 26, 2013
The restaurant provides opportunities for servers to exceed. They give you the necessary tools to do your job successfully. The guests who dine at the Capital Grille are enjoyable and therefore many become regular and loyal guests. The restaurant has taught me a great deal about corporate structure, teamwork, and customer service.
Robot land
server (Former Employee), NaplesAugust 15, 2013
They hung me high and dry after I did all for them and lead the team.
I won't even waste my breath...