The Carle Foundation Hospital Employee Reviews

Stay as far away as possible
R.N (Former Employee) –  Champaign-Urbana IllinoisJanuary 3, 2017
The foundation has no loyalty to you ,even if you are a hard worker, dependable, great at your job -your position or employment will never be secure . Even if you have been an employee over 10-20 or more years
They seem to cater to the whiners , liars, complainers, gossipers & back stabbers that like to create chaos . The place thrives on a chaotic, hostile environment. If you do your job, dont partake in the above mentioned behaviors -you wil be the target & always be under scrutany by your supervisor who by the way doesnt want to confront the person creating the chaos -its easier to take their word for things instead of addressing the inappropriate behaviors of the chaotition
God forbid you are off work on medical leave. You wont get hired back -even when they said they would help you find another position when you were able to return to work.
So BEWARE -wolves in sheeps clothing
Pay is not what it should be & you have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet
Health coverage is a joke for the employees for as large of a company they are
Administration never backs you up. Nor will your manager or immediate supervisor
They constantly change the rules & computer programs w/o warning or much training .
Pros
Cons
Administration & Human resources No loyalty to their loyal employees
Fast paced and easy to learn
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 24, 2016
Very easy job and very fast paced. You help clean after patients leave the hospital. The only difficult part about this job is dealing with some of the management.
Pros
24/7 Cafeteria and decent pay
Cons
Productive and fast paced environment with new learning ecxperiences each day.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILOctober 1, 2016
Each day was a new learning experience, bringing new challenges. I learned from this how to interact with a variety of persons. I was able to strengthen my skills in interacting with the public and working as a team to have a successful day. The hardest part of the job would be when patients or family and friends, became irate. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the faces of those I helped.
Great environment to learn and grow experience and knowledge daily
Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILSeptember 1, 2016
Interning and volunteering at Carle was a very rewarding experience. A typical day there would consist of: creating and organizing spreadsheets, attending meetings, and helping meet the administrative and physical concerns of healthcare providers. I learned how to effectively communicate with healthcare providers, ask questions when needed, and to try to be one step ahead of everyone in order to fix their needs before it becomes one. The management was great to work with. We work together as a team and that helped to get projects and new programs done and on time. The hardest part of the job was researching and helping other people understand as to why this should be important to them, as well. The most enjoyable part of the problem was fixing a problem, and seeing how it had a positive effect on others.
All about the company, not the people.
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 16, 2016
Company is about overloading their workers, and not investing in them, and cultivating them. The pay falls severely short of fair.
Poor Job Growth
Enrichment Teacher (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 12, 2016
Carle Foundation claims to offer excellent advancement for its workers, and that's a joke! I was praised for working towards a risk management type master's degree, and had talked to several people in management and the risk management department while doing my research. But when I graduated, the "policy" had suddenly changed and Carle had "taken a new direction" and required anyone in that department to have an RN license. I graduated top of my class, so this was a joke. I had had a workers comp issue and settled out of court and have since been black balled from getting jobs I am HIGHLY qualified for. When I speak to HR I am told "we have gone with candidates with more experience" yadaya. But my case manager who had handled my workers comp case told me the likelihood of Carle rehiring me was like winning the lottery. Now I see she was right! It's BS.
Pros
They buy you turkey at Christmas
Cons
Carle is a great place to work!
Lead Maternal Fetal Medicine Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 10, 2016
The job support and constant continuing education opportunities made Carle a great place to be employed. I was constantly learning and improving my skill set the entire time I worked there. Management was friendly and motivating. My coworkers made going to work every day fun and positive.
Carle is amazing!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 25, 2016
I have been with Carle for over 2 years and it is the best place that I've ever worked. The staff and whole establishment is just wonderful.
Windsor of Savoy
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savoy, ILMay 18, 2016
Your days are unpredictable so stay flexible to succeed.

your coworkers are very dependable and are willing to help out when asked
Pros
flexibility, coworkers are easy to work with, hours are great, PTO, health benefits, and training
Cons
pay can seem underwelling
fun workplace
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 6, 2016
I love working for carle well my department. They make sure that their employees are very well taking care of through out the day make sure you have everything you need to get you started checks on you through out your day checks and makes sure that you have everything that you need.
Pros
paid 30 mins lunch and tow paid 15min breaks.
Productive and fun work environment
Healthcare Tech (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 23, 2016
I love the work environment and my co-workers. I wouldn't be able to get through my shift without our team work. The hardest part about my job was being short of staff which would include more patients to care for. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see patient get well everyday and being able to return home.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Short of staff
Amazing
Technician Supervisor- Ashley O'brien (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMarch 16, 2016
I learned so much. I learned how to compound medications. My co-workers were very easy to warm up to. Management is wiling to do one on one with you to get acquainted with the company.
loved working here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 21, 2016
enjoyed the co-workers and the customers, husbands job had re-located here and then back up north otherwise I would still be working here
The Carle Experience
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 13, 2015
I love working for Carle. The experience has been great. The only reason that I'm leaving is the need for a different type of responsibility.
very stressful job
Imaging Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 29, 2015
This is a high stress job. They explain that over and over in the interviews. For some, it is a perfectly fine job, but it was not the job for me.
Pros
the people were wonderful
Cons
no breaks
Highly recommend if you're in this area
Project Coordinator / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 25, 2015
Great colleagues. Great company to work for if you live in the Midwest. Tuition reimbursement for both full and part-time employees. Competitive salary.
Carle had a wonderful learning environment with friendly coworkers
Certified Nurse Practitioner, Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day I would see 20 to 25 patients with foot and ankle conditions. I saw post-operative patients, follow ups, and consultations. I also was a first assist in surgery twice a week. I also did rounds in the hospital and took call after hours for the foot and ankle service.
Very organized workplace
Biomedical Equipment Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 16, 2015
They treat employees great, I enjoyed every moment as a Carle employee. Everyone there seems happy, just a good place to enjo work everyday.
Pros
Everything was amazing
Cons
no cons
Overall Good
Payer Contracting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 16, 2015
I worked there for 20 years and was able to advance and use my abilities to contribute to the organization and was overall appreciated for opinions and decisions.
Pros
Good benefits and chance for advancement
Cons
Some Administrative changes result in lack of structure and/or specific goals
Experience Maker
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 3, 2015
If you are looking for a job where you will learn a lot about the medical field, this is a good place. However, don't think you will be able to use that knowledge. As soon as you do...you get in trouble. Co-workers are the best part about it-they become family.

The hardest part of the job is trying to deal with management. If you don't agree with them, you are automatically the enemy. Be ready to either be a "yes man" or hit the door.

Being able to help others is what is most enjoyable about the position. If you can deal with people who are having a bad day, this is the place to be.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
Pay isn't great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Carle Foundation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2