The Carlyle Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 8, 2015
Carlyle is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits and wonderful people. I have been here for almost 11 years and can say I have learned a great deal from all the employee training they provide. This is a very employee friendly company and although I love it here, I feel I need more of a challenge in my career.
Pros
benefits, wages, holiday parties, free lunches, many training sessions
lack of communication and support
Property Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2016
it is hard do do your your job the they want everything done now but won't go get parts,or buy any thing unless you fight for it. i have never work like this they want thing done for free.
High paced and overworked
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2015
The company overall is great company to work for if you are a recent graduate and love working in a fast pace accounting department. However, work long office hours often there until 12am or later during month closing and audit season. Co-workers are pleasant but not welcoming to new employees. Promotions can be awarded within the first year of working for company. But on the downside turnover with employees are high, most leaving within a 2 year time span.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners, upward mobility and growth potential
Cons
office politics, cliche co-workers
Work Day
Service Desk, Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Trouble shooting, running cables, imaging configuration, as well as setting up work stations for new hires and desk moves for current employees as you will see from the attached resume. I’ve built my career in a variety of roles and industries. Recently, I had the chance to take on the task of organizing and scheduling over 14 desk set ups in two days at my internship The Carlyle Group. I used my analyzing, Microsoft office and time management skills to get them all completed. Additionally, I used Outlook for emailing and to coordinate my projects, using the calendar and task functions to organize and complete my work on time. I use excel to keep record of all equipment in an inventory spread sheet I update daily. Keeping track of the highest volume of information, people, events, tasks and preferences without dropping ball.
Fast Paced and Competitive Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
Working for the Carlyle was a wonderful experience. I learned a lot and I learned it very quickly. I was constantly on my feet assisting the office. A typical day consisted of me executing my daily tasks such as managing office supplies, greeting esteemed guests, managing travel calendars, booking conference rooms, managing mail, managing food and office supply websites based on demand in the office and more. On top of my daily requirements I was constantly assisting the teams on highly important projects through which I learned about each every facet of the office. The management was very helpful but also very demanding needing consistent and reliable assistance. My co-workers are wonderful and nice people.
Pros
Compensated lunches on Seamless
Cons
Not enough hours and older office
IT Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
The Carlyle Group is a very good group company to work for overall. However, IT absolutely is horrible. A lot of backstabbing and the management is horrible. Follow-up on issues is virtually non-existent. Management degrades their employees right in front of others and more.
Pros
Bonus and great benefits
Cons
management
Long hours, friendly environment
Fund Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2013
Friendly environment, not very diverse, long hours, I had only a temporary job not really familiar with the career growth prospects
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
not very diverse
A great place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VADecember 30, 2014
People are very nice and friendly over there. And the management team has a open door policy. They listen to your suggestions. The personal space there is huge. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2013
The Carlyle Group employs hard working but fun individuals. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful to one another. They expect a lot out of you and pay/benefits are commiserate with their expectations.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
A typical day is never dull. Management has an open door policy. The schedule is flexible outside of tax season.
Friendly work environment
Contract Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2012
I worked for 5 months at Carlyle Group's offices on Pennsylvania Avenue.

I found that people were friendly yet professional.

I worked with two attorneys who gave me just the right amount of supervision and always provided clear instructions.

Whenever there was any leftover food, cake, etc., they always offered it to me.
Pros
people seem happy, good supervisors, provide positive feedback
Cons
cannot think of any
Conservative work style with lots of surrounding knowledge
Fund Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington D.CAugust 29, 2013
Gave me great insight into a feild that I didn't know much about but sparked an interest after being there a few months. Very team oriented environment and was able to make many great connections. Enjoyed coming into work everyday.
Enjoyable challenge
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAOctober 23, 2012
Enjoyed daily interaction with residents, police department, magistrate, tax & court personnel. The welcome challenge was the varied workday as it was never the same day twice.
Pros
i was able to manage my own time and in a very efficient manner.
Cons
slow response time from corporate office personnel.
Great company to work for
Program Lead Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAAugust 11, 2012
The Carlyle Group is customer focused and staff centered organization. IT leadership works the backwards starts from the customer and go back to staff. Customer is always right the the attitude and symbol of success of this organization.
Great experience, terrible hours and compensation
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2012
Everyone is great to work with on the staff/senior/manager level; not so much above. The accountants in Partnership Accounting do the majority of the work, with no overtime, lower salaries and lower bonuses.