Kindergarten Project/Implementation Specialist
The Carmel Hill Fund is a private, non-profit foundation whose mission is to support children in becoming voracious readers. The Colorado office works with the population in Denver Public Schools to achieve this goal by providing professional support to schools and classrooms and providing necessary technology and books for libraries and classrooms.
The Kindergarten Specialist will:
- Communicate with kindergarten teachers about our program, and schedule
read alouds with kindergarten classes
- Choose appropriate books for each class and school culture, including books for Spanish speaking and transitional students
- Read to kindergarten students, either in whole group or small group settings in or out of the classroom, in the language appropriate for the classroom
- Demonstrate the use of technology to students and teachers
- Utilize iPad and iPad mini technology directly with students
- Communicate with administrators and teachers through email and in person
- Maintain current records of all communication, literature used and classroom participation
The Implementation Specialist will:
- Prepare and deliver best practices presentations, coaching and modeling behaviors
- Guide and mentor teacher, administrators and students through the implementation process
- Monitor participation and quality daily, and prepare weekly data analysis
- Communicate data findings to staff with supportive suggestions for improvement
- Provide a regular presence in each school as is most appropriate and helpful for that individual environment
- Work with teachers to foster book selection skills and knowledge of literature
- Review and oversee book orders, computer and tech orders and other school needs, using critical SOP’s
- Thoroughly understand the concept and utilization of the Renaissance Learning products, and provide complete and thorough information to schools as needed
- Keep thorough and accurate records of all school communication
- Be available to schools by phone and email on a daily basis
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, ongoing data analysis meetings, yearly staff retreats, regular purchasing meetings and other meetings as required
Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics Required:
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate with administrators, teachers and staff with tact, respect and an understanding of their needs and goals
- Desire to create a functional, working team with the school and Carmel Hill staff
- Clear understanding of data collection and analysis
- Positive, upbeat and supportive attitude, particularly when dealing with people who may be challenging or questioning
- Ability to see the large picture while attending to details; ability to identify patterns, causes and remedies
- Ability to flourish in an intense, results driven environment
- Teaching, library, reading and presentation skills utilized within the past few years
- The Colorado offices are in South Boulder, just off the turnpike exit.
- This is a part time job - full time during the school year, with June and July off except for required meetings.
- The hours of the job are dependent upon the needs of the schools; often meetings will be held as early as 7:30 am or later in the afternoon after school hours. When a school meeting is not scheduled, you are expected to be in the Boulder office. This is not a work from home position.
- We use our own cell phones to communicate via calls, texts and emails. A monthly stipend is paid toward cell phone fee.
- A reliable vehicle is required; mileage is paid at a rate of $.33 per mile for driving to school meetings; no mileage is paid for travel to the office.
- The company culture is such that we normally check email before work, in the evenings and on weekends, and respond as possible. It is common for schools to communicate with Implementations Specialists during non-school hours.
- The salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $55,000 per year. Health, life, disability, dental and retirement are not available.
- This position will begin on August 1, 2013.
Please send a cover letter, resume and references with phone numbers and emails address included. Resumes will be accepted via email until April 1, 2013 and all applicants will be notified of the hiring process. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in The Carmel Hill Fund.
Indeed - 8 months ago