The Carney Group Employee Reviews

A fortune 500 temporary job placement comany, that goes above and beyond for their workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 26, 2012
The Carney group embraced me and provided me with the proper tools to be able to extend myself with confidence, into the workforce. I was trained to be able to speak with claiments regarding the diet drug fen-phen and the complications that came along with ingesting the drug, on a daily basis. I learned about the mitral and aortic valves, of the heart and how the components work. As well as, learning medical terminlogy along the way. I enjoyed the management team and how considerate and caring they were. I also have fond memories of my co-workers.....great group of people! The hardest part of this job was having to explain to some of the claiments that they were not entitled to any monetary benefits. But I always had great pleasure in explaining to them their negative echocardiogram results.... informing them that the diet drug did no damage to them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible scheduling, holiday parties and birthday parties
Cons
no major benefits, e.g, no health insurance, 401k or paid vacation days
It was a productive place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work there was interesting, no phone call was the same. There was always something different every day. I learned a great deal from co-workers and customers that would call in to make payments on their supplemental insurance coverage. My management team was awesome, they stood by you and backed you up with higher management. My co-workers were awesome as well because whenever you needed help or had a question they were willing to answer any question you had. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job was when I had a customer that was giving me a hard way to go the second that I answered the call, she was very nasty to me and she wouldn't give me any information that I needed in order to verify her account, she eventually did give the information that I needed along with information that I didn't need, then she requested to talk to a manager. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job was when I got recognized by higher management for two different customers giving me praise to my managers and then my managers forwarding the messages to their managers.
Run, don't walk from them !!!!!
CSR (Former Employee) –  metro philaApril 11, 2013
How about you go through the interview process and report to work
and after a day and a half, the supervisor comes to your desk and
says " the call volume is down, please sign out in a half hour."

You already bought a monthly pass from septa( I take bus/train)
to work. Then they tell you that things may change next week.
Meanwhile you are out of work, bills, etc ( Duh Carney! ) and you call them and tell them you will be in on weds to pick up your check.
After spending the money to get to-fro , you get there and the person you spoke to( On Monday payroll day) says" I made a mistake and mailed it out yesterday..( Duh Carney !!!)

I used to have respect for staffing agencies. Now they are WORSE
than ambulance chasers ! At least The Blarney group is!!!!

Do yourself a favor and stick to the internet job boards...
Pros
they usually get the pay right
Cons
too many to list
Fun workplace at times really nice co-workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 7, 2012
A typical day at work come in log in open up my files to start making calls, enter data into the system after finishing up the call i was on that was a all day routine what i learned for the job was how to work independently taking responsible for my action, management was good understanding able to go to with your problems when you had a issue with anything, my co-workers always brought a smile to my face, there wasn't anything i felt hard with the job it was really easy to do in was really easy to learn how to do it i am still looking forward to being challenged in this stage in my life i have excitement to learn new things from those whom are willing to teach me, things i enjoyed was the office parties and being around my co-workers.
Pros
great management good breaks
Cons
no benefits no advancement
Nice environment, good compensation, room for advancement
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work would be cold calling new and existing customers, letting them know about various internet services. I learned a lot about search engine optimization, local listings and various web development services. I was able to get along with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to upsell customers who were already happy with their current service. The most enjoyable part of the job was reaching/exceeding my quota and speaking with interested customers.
Pros
Friendly supervisor, cpmpensation, health package, nice environment
Cons
Reading the disclosure, password verification, travel distance
Productive place to work. When there is work.
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Blubell PAMarch 20, 2012
Good place to work. Bluebell is accessible by Septa. worked on several projects over the years. Can work as much as you want.
Onsite vending is not bad. Pretty lenient as far as QC goes, never had real trouble with phone quality scores. Managers are available
although continuity with managers is an issue.
Pros
occasionally free pizza, bonus pay, jeans on weekends, adjustable work schedule, and weekly pay
Cons
short term work assignments, 2 months work after getting a license is not good.
Good
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 2, 2014
Working for Carney Group has been an expanding of my talents.
I was given an opportunity to become an licensed insurance agent. I now have my life and health insurance license, and am well learned in Medicare, besides learning several crm computer tools.

I have made many new friendships and acquaintances while working for Carney Group.

Hardest part of this job is that it is seasonal work. Most enjoyable is that there is usually flexible scheduling.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
seasonal work, no benefits
Healthcare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers. It is a place where they will give you the ability to obtain certifications and licenses in health insurance. It is a job that I enjoy having.
Pros
great coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
30 minute lunch
Relaxed environment, professional supervisors and enjoyable co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAOctober 26, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive staff and co-workers. All employees were professional, pleasant and team oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer with the correct insurance choices.
Pros
TEAMWORK ATMOSPHERE
Cons
TEMPORARY JOB ASSIGNMENT
Enjoyable work place
Expo Staff/Temp (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 12, 2013
Rewarding to help make the Trade Show a success. The Carney Group is a wonderful company to work for and they treat their staff with great respect.
Productive and easy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 22, 2015
Supportive management. Good balance of work and family life. Excellent benefit and compensation. The only down side is not much growth potential
Awesome company.
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 11, 2015
Working in a team oriented environment, Call-center work , assisting customers over and under 65 to obtain creditable health insurance coverage
Good Temp agency to work for
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 1, 2012
Good way to get your experience especially when your just starting out.