The Carolina Inn Employee Reviews in United States

excellent benefits and work life balance
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 24, 2015
Excellent company to work for with advancement opportunities nation wide. I would never leave this company if the locations were in areas I was more interested in living. Not very structured, but that gives managers an autonomy for making their departments run the way they want them to.
Pros
relaxed environment with excellent benefits
Cons
Great place to learn how to work in a fast pace environment.
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 28, 2013
The Carolina Inn has a strong history background that will introduce you to a variety of people. Great place for students to learn how to balance work/life. They offer some of the best benifits I have ever seen. All employees have the option to stay at other hotels associated with the Caolina Inn at a discounted rate. At times, can be a very high stress environment with the amount of people in and out of the hotel daily.
Pros
benifits, 401k, med, dental, vision (full-time), and hotel discounts
Cons
management turnover, limited advancement training and must be able to work all holidays and weekends.
Wonderful place to work, room for advancement
Hostess/Tea Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked in the Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn and it is a fantastic place to work. The hotel experience provides room for advancement. Tea service is a lot of fun and becoming a big attraction for guests at The Inn. The Crossroads Restaurant provides 4-star 4-diamond dinner service. Sunday brunch is also a big attraction. Managers are very down to earth, understanding, and hard-working.
Good people!
Server (Current Employee) –  NCJune 3, 2015
Working here is great for the pay and people. However, there are sometimes issues with being understaffed/unmotivated. But overall, I'd recommend it.
Respectful residents
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 19, 2015
We come in turn on the lights make sure phone is off night mode and complete daily task on Microsoft. Interacting with the resident and the family members were the best part of working in this business.
Pros
Interacting with family memebers
Cons
no lunch break, racial comments from supervisors
Very classy workplace!
PASTRY CHEF (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 22, 2012
This place is filled with a lot of hard workers. I learned a lot of important baking skills. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part of my job was making beautiful pastries.
The Carolina Inn provides the best in hospitality services
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 30, 2013
I helped obtain and maintain Mobil four star rating at The Carolina Crossroads restaurant at the Carolina Inn. I prepped and executed all station on the restaurant line.