The Carpenter Health Network Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSOctober 16, 2017
Almost non-exsistant orientation. Management is hostile. Does not want you to get paid for all time worked. Does not want to pay you for your full milage. Hostile Management.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Hospice
RNCM (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 26, 2017
This job is very rewarding but very stressful. Must have good time management skills. The excutive director is a godsend. The working environment is very good.
Not even if this was last work place on Earth.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 12, 2017
Executive director will expect hourly employees to work overtime when needed but in meetings he will chastise anyone making overtime. The expectation from management is to work overtime but do not document overtime on pay sheet. In more than one Monday morning meeting, the issue of overtime was addressed. The problem was that there were not enough RNs to do all the work with out getting overtime. Also the RNs were over worked and an employee respectfully and in a professional manner confronted management about RNs being over worked on several occasions and over several months. Management pulled RNs from other areas in the company and let go the employee that sought better working conditions.
Pros
Helping people in need. Fellow coworkers.
Cons
Poor management. Lack of concern for employees by management.
Stay away
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 28, 2017
This is the absolute worse place to work. From the owners to the directors, they are only out to show a profit and line the pockets of the owner! I was an administrative assistant and worked well past my 8 hours a day but was not compensated for it. We were told overtime was not allowed. The owner and his managers expected you to go to functions put on by the company for marketing purposes but you were not allowed to paid. The owner said you should want to do things for the company you work for without expecting to be paid for it. Most of the time it was mandatory. Their ethics are horrible. They don't care about patients and even less about their employees. The state came in to investigate many complaints and we are audited all the time. There is so much backstabbing it's ridiculous. The really sad thing is the people who did the backstabbing got promoted because they kissed up to the managers. I had such high hopes for this place but I'm so glad I got out.
Cons
Very high demands from employees
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 26, 2017
Need more organization. Did not know what was going on from day to day and struggled being understaffed. Had only two days of orientation on the software before getting a large pt load.
Pros
Making your own schedule, helping families in a big time of need.
Cons
Messed up my pay check since day 1, hospice can get very depressing after doing it a while
Worst career move in 10 years of nursing
Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 23, 2017
Very poor professionalism on the parts of all management, which changed constantly, and if you are not cut-throat you will not fit into the clique atmosphere at this company. You can say one thing to one staff member and it will make it full circle back to you within 24 hours. They offer no job descriptions and have no policies in place, if they do... no one follows them. This company cares nothing about their staff or their patients. They only care about what revenue can be generated.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Everything other than pay.
you stay busy
IEP Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
i love working with different individuals. your work is depending on the individuals needs. you have to keep your clients focused and be on point with the persons mood and behavioral changes. you have to know what to do in a crisis situation and The Carpenters House do train you and give you certification when completed.
Pros
get to work with different individuals
Cons
only work while school is in session
Enjoyed the therapy team but had different vision than management
Therapy Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 17, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working with the therapy team and thrived on the opportunity to use my management skills and talents. Left most days feeling very accomplished and satisfied with the tasks I completed. Appreciated the respect the therapist demonstrated to me. Management started taking a different view point and often times disagreed with the direction the company was going. I made a commitment to pt first, staff second, and then to the company thoroughly believing that if you do the right thing for the right reason it would all work out. The owner and director on the other hand became too focused on charts and grafts and put the staff last demanding more of them and taking benefits away and also had a raise freeze for yrs, Patients ultimately were sacrificed in some of the decisions that were ade
Pros
Excellent rehab team to work with
Cons
Management lost sight of the patient and the staff
Unethical, Unprofessional, Unstable!!!!
PCR. (PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2017
WORSE company I have EVER worked for in my entire professional career. Management is an absolute joke and horrible!. Their main focus is NOT on patient care, but on making money...period! Very dog eat dog atmosphere - everyone is out for themselves and no teamwork...including corporate management! Medicare issues with the state and a poor review with DHH is enough to stay away from this agency! With all of the hospice agencies in the Louisiana market, just steer clear of this one. You will be glad that you did!
n/a
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSApril 27, 2017
I would not work for this company. They DO NOT value their employees. They are not based on culture. Stay clear of St. Joseph. Management is horrible.
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 19, 2017
Company is all corporate...never caring about patients. Nurses work themselves to death only to have job security threatened. Too much micromanaging. Chaotic mess is putting it mildly. Stay clear of this employer if an enjoyable work environment with room to grow is what your seeking; you will not find that there!
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Poor administration
Great company to work for
Psych Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2017
Home health is hard anywhere but at Stat they seem to understand this and management is very supportive of their nurses. Great opportunities for advancement and education. Easy computer system and scheduling of your own patients allows for flexibility. Work with autonomy and no micro managing. Coworkers are supportive and the atmosphere is fun to work in. Love this company!
Pros
Quality patient care
Cons
Driving long distances
Awesome team
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 14, 2017
Awesome place to work. Very helpful and caring group of people. Everyone care about the patients and are the true definition of hospice workers. Lots of paperwork but overall is such a positive and upbeat place to work
Pros
Helpful, friendly and caring staff
Needs to get busted by state
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 16, 2017
Unethical practices, shortcuts to patient care, management does not care about patients, more worried about how much money they will get from Medicare and private insurance companies. Will only take indigent patients IF the referral source give them paying patients.
Pros
beautiful building
Cons
unethical
Beware this company
RN (Former Employee) –  generalJanuary 30, 2017
Beware this company. They are not in the business of hospice care. they are in the business of making money. Bad, chaotic management. Unhappy workers. very high turnover. Mismanaged patients. They need to be out of business.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
See above. Stay away.
Medicare changes killed the field rn
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 31, 2016
I absolutely adored the job that I was doing at this company.however due to reimbursement cutbacks staffing cutbacks and sicker patients coming out of the hospital it has become impossible to do this job anymore in an eight hour day. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients from 8 AM to 4 PM and still having 2 to 3 hours worth of paperwork to do every night when you come home
Pros
Pays ell
Cons
No flexibility, mandatory OT
very good place to work- cares about staff
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 5, 2016
this is a growing company with opportunity for advancements. They take great care of their patients and there employees.
great team player
office aide/cna (Former Employee) –  baton rouge laNovember 27, 2016
a great place to work with hard working people and caring heart everyone work together to bring comfort to the patients and they family. and the company take care of the employees.
work load
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 23, 2016
I only work part time some times no hours. I need a job I can count on hours to work. I am a self starter I love being a nurse caring for others. I am bilingual in Spanish. I can start right away.
good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAOctober 18, 2016
Good place to work. Easy to work with the other staff. Patients were wonderful. I made 14 per patient..I had to move to be closer to my parents due to father's illness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Carpenter Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9