The Catholic University of America Employee Reviews in United States

An institution in transition
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2016
Great benefits and nice area of DC to work in. Management is working towards having all new hires to be devout Catholics limiting job opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Secretive Management
Very rewarding
Major Mentor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
My personal opinion of my experience at CUA has been delightful and rewarding. It is a positive place to achieve what you want to achieve.
Pros
very personal relationship with teachers and students
An employer that is in a downward spiral
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2016
In the time I was here the overall culture, atmosphere, and management declined. Employees are over worked and underpaid. Managers are not professional and they are not given any training opportunities. Bad managers are not dealt with and continue bad behavior. HR is totally dysfunctional with horrible directors on staff. I was so happy to get out of that organization.
Pros
Good time off benefits, retirement benefits, and education benefits.
Cons
Low pay, bad culture.
I love languages and i would like to work as a linguist
Teacher's assistant and laboratory preparation (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 25, 2015
I worked as a teacher's assistant. I performed chemistry experiments in advance to make sure that all the tools are available and working. I help guide the students through the experimental procedure making sure they comply with all the safety rules. My lab manager provides me with instructions to prepare stock solutions and materials for a particular experiment. the hardest part of the job is not being able to answers all the questions asked by the students. What i liked about the job is that i get to work with different group of students and gain experience in been a leader.
Good Guidance and work environment
Summer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2015
designing and building a standalone antenna demonstration system. learned how to use certain tools to measure the frequency produced by the system we built and familiarize ourselves with soldering and working with components required to make the circuit function properly. The hardest part of the job was testing and troubleshooting the system because we were dealing with extremely sensitive components.
Pros
fun group, good guidance, Free BBQ party when project was completed
Cons
N/A
Busy College
custodian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2015
Clean 4 buildings daily. Ive learned time management skills. Management is unorganized. Co-workers are hard workers. Hardest part of the day is usually in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job is meetings.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Short breaks Health benefits
Fun work place and helpful Professors
International transfer student (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 9, 2015
I am used to be an international student which was transfered from Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology to The Catholic University of America. I did learn many things during my 3 years studied here included some experienced in doing research with Professor as an assistance for few months. My co-workers are mostly my friends in university, we had many similarities even in courses taking and research. I have never worked anywhere yet but I am willing to spend my time to learn everything which can help me a lots in my future if I want to apply for any other jobs. So as I said I want to apply for both internship and job if possible. I am a fast learner, friendly and very responsible with my work.
Nice convienent part-time job
Architecture Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2015
Checking out books, re-shelving books, researching books, and finding books for patrons. Co-workers are fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job is finding what books and materials that patrons need.
Just a Job
Food server, Aramark (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2015
Typical day at work prep my station and just serve or 5 hours and go home.
I have learned that you stay to yourself.
management are all for themselves instead of there employees
co workers are great and un makes my work day fast.
no hard part
the most enjoyable part o my job is the employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
short break
Review
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2015
I love working a Catholic University. It's a great place to work. the work is easy, the workers are very helpful and the days go by fast.
Pros
Days off, co workers, etc
Cons
Database
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2015
Position was 10 hours a week which allowed me to attend school and work another part time job. I learned to work with Atlits TI to perform statistical work. The teacher I worked for was a bit fickle at time and new assignments or review of work was inconstant. The best part was that the teacher was passionate about his work, which was infectious, and I learned how to work with new software.
Unstable and financially strained work environment
Assistant to the Chair (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2015
Upper administration seem detached and despondent to the needs of its administrative staff. Tenuous environment to work in at the moment. Staff morale is down along with salaries.
Cons
Incredibly high turnover rates.
good part time job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2015
checked people's books out for them at the library

library assistant

learnt more about architecture

people skills grew
The students are talented and professional and the teachers are warm and brilliant.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2015
This is a nurturing environment where students and professors are equally committed to theatre. The environment is cooperative and supportive.
A good experience overall
Library Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
My first Job in USA and quite a fruitful one. Learned quite a lot of new management skills and work ethics.

Library Assistants' job are Opening/Closing duties and helping patrons check-out/in of their books

Teaching Assistant helps an instructor for a course, along with grading. I used to help in Chemistry Lab classes.
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2015
Not terrible, not outstanding. Students are all enthusiastic. A lot of academic politics to deal with. Administrative structure of the school doesn't make sense. Faculty and staff are generally great to work with.
Great program
Practicum Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2015
As a practicum student, I was put into a public school and a catholic school as part of my training. It was very good experience in DC schools.
Fine
Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
The work days are relaxed and stress free. Co-workers are diverse. I juggle a lot of tasks at once. I've been exposed to a lot of prominent people in the NGO field of work.
Great Place to work and Study
Game Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2015
Happy to be a Cardinal and happy to be part of the staff at the Athletic Department. Couldn't be happier. The work here is not difficult but it can be time consuming. Most of the time we are just preparing/ setting up for events or athletic events.
Catholic University of America
Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
My experience working at Catholic University was enjoyable. A typical day at work would consist of making sure all dormitory buildings were secure and safe. Although I did not see my co-workers often due to everyone being placed in separate building locations, I recall everyone being good hard working people with a few exceptions. What I loved most about this job was the convinient hours. The most difficult part of this job was dealing with difficult students who would repeatedly break the rules of the University dormitories.
Pros
free parking
Cons
lack of heathcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Catholic University of America. Our community is ready to answer.

The Catholic University of America Reviews by Location