The Catholic University of America Employee Reviews

good part time job
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 27, 2015
checked people's books out for them at the library

library assistant

learnt more about architecture

people skills grew
A good experience overall
Library Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 30, 2015
My first Job in USA and quite a fruitful one. Learned quite a lot of new management skills and work ethics.

Library Assistants' job are Opening/Closing duties and helping patrons check-out/in of their books

Teaching Assistant helps an instructor for a course, along with grading. I used to help in Chemistry Lab classes.
Great program
Practicum Student Teacher (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2015
As a practicum student, I was put into a public school and a catholic school as part of my training. It was very good experience in DC schools.
Fine
Media Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2015
The work days are relaxed and stress free. Co-workers are diverse. I juggle a lot of tasks at once. I've been exposed to a lot of prominent people in the NGO field of work.
Learning Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Washington DCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learning while teaching
Cons: not much
Mostly dealing with the Laboratory classes of undergrad chemistry students. Helping them with their experiments and instrument handling (FTIR and GC).
It was a learning experience for me in terms of how to handle a group and manage them to do their work effectively and efficiently.
Excellent program, experienced faculty
FNP Student (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Demanding in-person program that helps to develop the RN into a capable and competent FNP. I would recommend this program to anyone seeking to make this career commitment.
Great Internship
Office of the President (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 1, 2014
The people in my office were very friendly and always willing to help when I did not understand something.
Teaching college level is always great.
Adjunct Prof. Tap & Jazz (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 27, 2014
I taught 2 classes per day in tap and 2 in jazz. Grading, advising students, finals, midterms, choreography. There was no hard part of the job. I did not see to many faculty. I showed up in the studio and taught and left. But it was fulfilling to students and performances.
good working place
Laboratory Technician, Vitreous State Laboratory (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 26, 2013
I'd like work at the CUA, hope some day I can back to CUA.
I was analysising chemical sample using all kinds of chemical instruments, e.g. DCP, ICP, IC.
An effective operation and cooperation plays a key role in effective work

A typical day at work
Preparation of DCP equipment, sample test operation, experiment result report

What you learned
Cooperation among those involved in lab management, experiment operation,

Your co-workers
Cooperative and encouraging, friendly and dutiful, diversified national and ethnic background

The hardest part of the job

Language is always the weak point due to none-native English speaker

The most enjoyable part of the job

Target goals are achieved due to hard and effective working and smooth cooperation
Great School
Instructor for on-campus youth baseball camps (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 11, 2013
One of the best decisions Ive ever made. Great school and Great people!
Low-pay but generous benefits.
Employee (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good life-work balance.
Cons: in my opinion, there is a lack of strategic approach to the financial crisis.
Management is listens to "grapevine" talk among staff.

People are generally nice and supervisors are very considerate. But there are a lot of politics in the final decision-making of staff and policy.

Pros: Staff get many holiday breaks, half-day summer Friday and generous vacation and sick leave benefits. Higher Education benefits for you and your family a big plus for those with college-age children.

Con: The numerous lay-offs have caused tremendous morale break-down among the staff.
Great company with great benefits
Assistant System Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: security depends on economy
Loved working for Catholic University it was a great learning environment. The ability to learn and create in the dept. of architecture was amazing.
The campus community was the best.
Admin. Asst. III (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 17, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: high cost for health care
I enjoyed sovling day to day problems, typing documents, answering phone calls, etc. I enjoyed scheduling meeting, typing AIA electronic documents for all project managers.
Overall I enjoyed being employeed by the The Catholic University of America. I enjoyed the mployees, they were very professional and made the work place pleasant. The location was great and I have many wonderful memories.
DEVELOPER\CRYSTAL REPORT DEVELOPER (Former Employee), washington DCDecember 4, 2012
Pros: good people
Great place to work, many things to learn, a tipical day was to work assigned projects, handle unexpected problems, attend meeting dealing with new enhancements, project status, future projects, meeting with users, etc.
Great Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2012
The University has a great environment and a supportive community.
Excellent faculty, vibrant community, beautiful campus
Vice President, Graduate Student Association (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 21, 2012
I have enjoyed serving as Vice President of the Graduate Student Association, most especially because of the opportunity to use the skills I have developed to contribute to large scale improvements for graduate students at the university.
Great Work Life Balance
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2012
Pros: time off, work life balance, job security
Cons: low pay
Catholic University has generally lower salaries than the market; however, the time off is excellent and you can generally keep work life balance. The school has strong values that can be felt and evidenced across the organization (in terms of religion); however, some of the staff feel oppressed because opportunities to advance are few and far between and administration is frequently given more of a share of pay increases than those who support the organization.
Teaching
Instructor (Current Employee), Washington DCMay 22, 2012
The Catholic University of America: School of Engineering, Computer Science Department
Instructor, Jan 2009 – Present
I really enjoy working here but I want to move on with something different
Friendly, casual work environment
Public Safety Assistant (PSA) (Current Employee), 620 Michigan Ave N.E.Washington, D.C.March 21, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation activities
Cons: not being able to work for the full year, only during semesters for students
Great working environment at Catholic University of America. Employees, as well as their families are included in activities that are held at the university during the school year. You feel like part of a family working here.