The CCS Companies Employee Reviews

easy going data entry job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 21, 2017
company is OK i just worked there for a temp protect. they were very flexible and the job was really easy for some of us. i will love to do it again if i could
Pros
flexible
Cons
temp
Bad place
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 16, 2017
This place sucks, stay away. Good job if you got no other option but once you find something else leave asap. Management sucks, strict you can do no right.
Fun workplace
CSA (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 26, 2017
The CCS Companies is a family owned company and is a good place to work. Days on the phones can be very busy, but the supervisors and management work to help you have the best day possible. There are lots of fun contests here - free tv drawings every month, free Bruins/Cetics tickets weekly, department raffles, etc. We now have a game room with ping pong which is very cool. There has been a good change over the past year+ and we collectors can definitely feel it. Keep it up!
Pros
Game room. Cafeteria. Bonus plan.
Cons
Working with the public can be stresfull at times.
great company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2017
awesome opportunity to make a healthy income. The company is very easy going, great office enviornment. The hours of operation can be difficult to adjust.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
dealing with irate customers
Not a good place
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 3, 2017
When I started here, most of their upper level management were brand new and have been with the company only a few months, that includes people like the vice president of the entire company, if that doesn't raise red flags then i dont know what would. They literally will hire anyone, you send in a resume and your hired. So that should tell you about this company more than anything else. So many people quit this place that they literally have to hire everyone that applies. Don't bother with this place.
Pros
Benefits, cafeteria, game room
Cons
Shifts, management, very strict, non understanding
Good work/life balance.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 3, 2016
CCS has been improving greatly. Managers are good and seem to care about their teams. The Norwood office is in a great location and is accessible right off the highway and near University Ave. People here are hard working and it is a good place to work. Good work and life balance, overtime is not forced and managers respect employees personal lives which is great.
Pros
Pto, Free Coffee, Nice Office Building, Good Managers
Cons
Healthcare Could Be Cheaper, More Communication Needed
Productive workplace that continues to improve
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 27, 2016
The CCS Companies is a great place to work. Senior leaders are working on making this a "best place to work" and are encouraging employees to give their feedback to make improvements. For example, HR threw a great holiday party and listened to the suggestions from the employees to make sure everyone had a blast. We have a generous PTO policy and the managers are pretty flexible overall. CCS has a great work/life balance. We recently moved to a beautiful new office in Norwood, MA which is easily accessible from the highway. The company also began offering employees free coffee recently which has been hugely appreciated! Co-workers are friendly and we work well as a team. No workplace is perfect, but if you look at the positives instead of searching for negatives, you will find that this company is one of the better ones in the area.
Excellent organization for entry-level employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 18, 2015
The CCS Companies is an excellent organization for entry-level employees to work with. They go above and beyond to secure client contracts and make new opportunities available to their employees. Additionally, they have a highly efficient compensation and training structure. Classroom training is provided and paid for upon hire. additional paid training is offered periodically throughout the duration of your employment that comes with a pay increase and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple client projects.
Pros
Training, culture, management, work/life balance.
Cons
Compensation and benefits are good for entry-level employees, but lower than competitors.
Golden Handcuffs
CSA (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 3, 2015
CCS is one of those companies where no one talks to one another. Departments don't interact with one another so no one knows what anyone else's job is. This leads to a lot of frustration, communication breakdowns, and anger at other departments, their supervisors, and non-exempt workers.

The pay is pretty decent for what you do; the office is heated/air-conditioned and you sit all day long. Benefits are not good and upper management never changes hands so longstanding problems are never solved.

This company is notorious for micromanaging their employees time down to the second, and negatively criticizing any and all performance.

The one plus is their PTO policy is very liberal, oftentimes needing only a day's notice before taking a day off. I would not recommend this company unless you are desperate.
Pros
Flexible PTO usage
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Focus on Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 30, 2014
Calling Customers, resolving disputes, monthly quality assurance reviews
Superviser
Supervisor, General Collections/ Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 9, 2013
Supervised 75-100 representatives, to collect unpaid medical bills, cable bills, ext.
Supervised subrogation collections
Poor management
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHOctober 30, 2013
Debt Collection office
Poor Management
Nice co-workers
During state emergencies office is always open
Not professional
Great staff. Fabulous manager
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 5, 2013

Review and audit for accuracy, phone skills and account management, for staff of up to 56 at times.
Contact person for several major insurance carriers for problem resolution
Resolve outstanding issues between staff and all contacts.
Deliver overall quality score of 98% to management monthly.

Learned insurance reimbursment percentages for insurance claims for several states.

Most difficult part of the job was leaving the company when they eliminated my position.

My direct supervisiors, (there were two of them), were amazing
leaders.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Need for additional communication between upper level management and teams.
Productive company
Supervisor, Call Center Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 4, 2013
This company was a good productive, fast paced work place. I started as a temp and within 3 months I was promoted to supervisor. My director was an amazing boss. She taught me so much. I value the time that I spent working there.
Constantly busy
Insurance Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 22, 2013
What I can say about this company is that I have grown within the company. I am very thankful for that.
Productive and team based environment
General Collections and Subrogation (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was that we were able to work in a team environment while staying productive in the workplace. Competitions to see who can collect the most money. I was generally always in the top 2.
The hardest part of this job was reading exact scripts when on the phone without putting too much add-lib into a conversation by phone.
The best part of this job was the opportunity for advancement. I was promoted to Subrogation.
Pros
Stocked up vending machines
Managed all aspects of Client Relations, Administration, Procurement
Client Services/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 13, 2012
The CCS Companies is a national debt recovery institution with four locations in the New England area.CCS is considered to be a highly successful A/R financial organization servicing the insurance, medical, student loan and communication industry leaders.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 10, 2012
a typical day at work is answering inbound calls from customers and communicating with the leaders with any help that is needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The CCS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The CCS Companies Reviews by Location