The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Used to be great
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
This company was amazing when smaller. CEO is greedy and full of ****. Everyone running this organization is a puppet and "yes man." If you try to stand up and not be in the boys club, you will not make it. IF...you can get to the top, you can make some good money. Good luck.
Competitive
SALES ASSOCIATE AND INTERIM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJune 15, 2017
Not for timid and shy individuals. Must have sales skills and be self driven. Must be available to work on weekends and holidays. Must be comfortable calling customers to drive business.
Pros
Competitive wage
Cons
Working weekends
TTC Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAMay 15, 2017
Besides not having the freedom to give customers good promotions at all times management was unstable at tcc during my career. the culture that was trying to be created was not implemented in a correct fashion to help customers get the best deals and promotions
Pros
Cons
no break, working singly
Tcc
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAApril 8, 2017
The everyday work flow was very realistic. Every day I went in I knew exactly what I needed to do and what I needed to focus on. There was not a lot of down time but when there was some downtime it was pretty easy to find something to do.
Less than average pay.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 3, 2017
No security. Replaced at will. Management has no experience. Rely on self education. Management unwilling to assist in any way to achieve progress. Working conditions are awful.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
Alot of opportunity if you work hard
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 21, 2017
There is a lot of room for advancement as well as a good income if you apply yourself. It takes a genuine individual to be able to sale appropriately.
Pros
pay, relaxed work enviroment
Cons
long hours, management
Sales Person and Tier 1 Tech Support
Technology Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 8, 2016
Work as a Sales Consultant. Providing the customers with excellent service, and top-level recommendations for the right devices and technology. Also assist in minor troubleshooting and account level questions.
This is a terrible terrible company to work for!! STAY AWAY!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PANovember 24, 2016
This company is full of deceitful and conniving individuals. From the reps to the management. The try to sell you as a rep on the culture of good but that in itself is a lie!. I have never quite a job in my life but quit here. They try to micro manage to the point no mater what you sell it is never enough. Wanna go to the bathroom....clock out....wanna go smoke.....clock out....it is a joke!! Trust they do love or even like you.
Pros
Cons
To many
Assistant to the WAbash County Sheriff
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INOctober 24, 2016
This was just a temporary job filing in for someone who had to take off for a long period of time. I assisted the sheriff by answering phones, making appointments, filing, typing, taking payments and inputting warrants into the system.
Pros
good hours
Cons
temporary work
I choose not to review this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNNovember 21, 2015
I choose not to review this company in words because the company and or culture likely has changed since I have not worked there.
Not the same company it once was
sales (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 16, 2015
Not what it used to be. Ohio is being ruined by terrible leadership that would rather lie to the customer than have a day without a new activation. Good leaders and sales reps are being let go and demoted because they know how terrible the company has gotten. This used to be a company that cared about its employees and now they do not. Employees Matter- If the employees really mattered, why is Ohio being completely over looked? Does that much turn over make sense? Employees are not happy with project X and it will ruin the company. The store level employees have lost their voice. There are too many pointless layers of management. Market Managers have no purpose and are a waste of the companies money. Everyone is too busy acting important to do what matters-take care of the customer. This is the real reason there are sales issues. So they lie to them. Once the customers realize they are buying that tablet and could have saved $10 or more per month, they will be gone. This company is too money hungry to know or care what they are doing is wrong, not only to the customers but the employees too. I will never recommend this company for employees or customers which is sad because it used to be great.
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work, but extensive hours don't allow for much family or self time. Money is great, people are great, company is phenomenal!
Charity Oriented
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INOctober 8, 2015
The Cellular Connection is a very giving company and participated in numerous charitable events including donations to Riley Hospital.
Cons
breaks, pay structure
Great Place to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work. Very flexible with schedules. Retail hours were the only draw back to working for this company. Otherwise I would still be working there, but the hours, between going to school, and raising a child make it difficult.
Not a very palce
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Endwell, NYSeptember 3, 2015
educated customers on different model phones helped with their purchase their bill understanding, set them up with new contracts,
Great Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 2, 2015
Pleasant staff, attractive store presentation, newest displays from Samsung and Apple, fun-to-work-with Samsung rep, and knowledgeable management.
Laughing at some reviews
Sales (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 1, 2015
It's retail. You're going to deal with awful customers from time to time...it's part of any RETAIL job. Yeah, the hours can be long at times but again...it's RETAIL. The commission is uncapped...if you're not hitting your bonuses ask someone for help. Maybe it's the way you're approaching the customer. I work at a slower store. I hit all my goals....it's a pretty easy job it you try. Don't try you don't make money. The benefits are amazing. Not sure what some of these people are complaining about. Yes, there are no sick days but they give you a CRAZY amount of PTO days...I'm sitting at 5 weeks. I take PTO days all the time. Health insurance may be slightly pricey. But I'd rather pay more for quality. There are things that I'd change about the company but let's face it...it's a job. I'm sure everyone could say that about where they work.
Great money and Culture, Takes over your life
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 30, 2015
Especially when you reach management, if you get the opportunity, the expectation is work comes first. LIfe, family, time off is secondary.
I love the company CEO and the Culture of Good. I love how much we give back to the communities we work in.
Staffing is an issue. the lack of work/life balance seems to burn people out before they really have a chance to grow.
The job is stable but being on call 24/7 in management positions doesn't allow much time to feel like you are actually relaxing away from work.
Pros
Benefits are good. Selling great products. Uncapped commissions.
Cons
hard to move forward, no work life balance
Good workplace, terrible direction
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2015
When I first started here, I was really excited and believed I could be with the company for quite awhile. However, due to corporate restructuring, I feel my future here is no longer tenable. Recent changes have made coming to work every day feel like a bad dream, and feeling like I'm being watched to make sure I'm doing everything they tell me to in the sales process, and not letting the sales process progress naturally, is a very unpleasant experience. I don't like pushing things on people, and I run the risk of losing my job if I do not push everything we have in the store onto people.
Pros
Great pay, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Management, management, corporate structure and decisions, management
Typical Telecommunications Retail
Indirect Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, Connecticut, USAJuly 26, 2015
The Cellular Connections was a good company to work for as there were opportunities to sell Verizon products as well as Dish Network.
Pros
Extended lunch hours, great benefits
Cons
Minimum wage or commission pay, strict quotas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cellular Connection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7