The Cellular Connection

The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews

Great Work
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Owego, NYMarch 12, 2015
I highly enjoyed working in this retail sales position. It applies best for those who are willing to be in control of their own paycheck. The schedule is quite demanding and there are some chances for advancement. The managerial policies are slightly disjointed with difficulty communicating with higher ups but it is a pleasant retail experience
Great company!
Sales Market Manager (Current Employee), MarylandFebruary 9, 2015
This company has so much to offer when it comes to room for advancement. The culture within this organization is amazing! The hardest part of this job is a work/life balance!
Has potential to be great
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Newington, CTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: great training, good people, work with people
Cons: mis management, cutthroat sales environment, pay is minimum wage unless you hit sales quotas, miscommunication
The Cellular Connection prides itself on being involved with the community and being the most trusted retailer for Verizon Wireless. The overall atmosphere in their corporate office is very pleasant, relaxed, and the training received was one of the best training programs I have ever attended.

To say what was learned about the company during training and what is actually carried through in the store would not necessarily be true. As with many private companies, there are challenges. The hands on training at the store is not as good as it was in their corporate offices, due to lack of staff I was left alone in the store my second night back from training which I was still green at the time and mistakes happened, and there isn't that feeling of teamwork. It is an all commission job so if you don't sell, you don't really get paid. The problem is in our location it is very low traffic, and despite calling out to prospects and bringing them in, reps at that store will steal sales to earn a paycheck.
dont do it!
sales associate (Former Employee), glen ellyn ilSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: greedy company, idiot managers, work you to death, pay is very low, customers are extreemly rude and combative
Ugh horrible horrible place to work! Very low pay , you will work 50+ hours a week , no overtime , inordinately expensive "benefits", upper management are good ol boys, no security , you will work alone a lot . The pay scale is changed and goals set where they are unattainable on purpose.low grade products and tons of pressure to meet goals but also have to clean the store , perform inventory , do bill pays AND customer service for customers who become verbally abusive . Stay away!
Don't bother
Wireless Store Manager (Current Employee), CTMay 10, 2014
Cons: unprofessional, poor pay, upper management
In the New England (CT) Area upper management is not at all knowledgeable, unreliable and very catty. Turnover is extremely high mostly because of this. If you do apply expect your interview to be comical this is an extrmemly unorganized business and in this area the interviewer if it is upper management will most likely not be on time. If you like dogs this might be the job for you you can expect that upper management will bring her dog to staff meetings and let him roam around. Unprofessional is an understatement if you enjoy he said she said drama this is the place for you.
well educated staff
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lincoln, ILApril 29, 2014
well trained staff and great product knowledge. very friendly employees,
Horrible- It's a set up
boss (Former Employee), NEApril 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: over worked no credit no loyalty boycott greedy fake companies like this
No Loyalty, terrible pay, over worked, greedy,
No support terrible communication,
work 24 hours a day and get no support
sells low end products for high price
hidden agenda and want to make more money
Can be good at times but...
Sales (Current Employee), OhioApril 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, upper management, too hard to advance
Management says they care about you but they don't. Good sales process, friendly co-workers, pay is ok. Pay and sales goal change frequently. You make no money in a slow store. Upper management is very shady. Lots of favoritism. Store managers have no real training and don't know what to do half the time. I've seen people get fired without any type of verbal or written warnings.
not so good
Full-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), lewisburgMarch 3, 2014
Pros: not a whole lot
Cons: management, pay, compenstion, write ups for everything. shady
Take it form someone who worked there for a few years. This isnt a job you want to be at. The pay is terrible and gets worse everytime they change the pay structure. At a mid level store i was making about $500 a week when i first started and after they changed the structure it went down to about 300. The manager i had was great but the regional manager was a moron. He blew so much smoke to make everything sound great. We were encouraged to lie to make sales. If you dont suck up you wont get anywhere. I have never been one to kiss butt but after a few years i was never promoted or even offered to move up even though i was doing as much as the manager and often doing many of the duties of a manager. They do try to promote within but it doesnt make sence how they do it. Somone that was new and only on the job for about 2 months got management over someone way more experienced. But guess who had to train the new manager? This guy. You will get fired for the stupidest things like not vaccuming the floors because the vaccum is broke.
Very fun place to work for
sales asscociate (Current Employee), st clair, paJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyable working environment, good management
Cons: paid time off, compensation
We work and have fun at the same time, I have learned a new sales approach that always puts customers first before financial gain. The management is always learning and teaching at the same. The company grows with current market trends
don't do it...
sales consultant (Former Employee), new yorkNovember 20, 2013
Cons: everything..run
Sti is stay away. No training. He so called leaders can do the job nor can they train anybody which to me is not a leader it is a good old boy system. I was let go because I made a stament
To another employee and that WS my firs write up. They do nothing face to face of except lie. They have a turn over rate of 60 percent if that helps anybody. They claim to be the biggest and by stores they are but by sales they r not as a matter of fact they r barley in the top Six....they lie to their customers work you to death for five dollars an hour plus commissions. Well if you r trying to support your family you better off on unemployment... would not recommend them to anybody not even a homeless person
love this job
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Goshen, IndianaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: get to mess with all the new phones
Cons: sometimes long hours, but that comes with the job
Well when i come in the morning I always setup for a team meeting to go over what goals we have for that day. I have learned that this helps out a lot when you are working with a team. The hardest thing to this job is making all of my employes happy. What I mean by this is giving them all their days off and making sure that the goals that I give them are able to be reached. I love dealing with all the customers and building up that relationships with the customers. I love the different types of stories that I get to hear all the time. Also I do a lot of work in the community so I like that a lot also.
Gained knowledge in management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Newark, DESeptember 25, 2013
Learned a lot about running my own locations and management
Productive and very assertive
Verizon Wireless Sales Rep (Current Employee), Wapakoneta, OHSeptember 7, 2013
I learned a lot working at The Cellular Connection. I learned how to manage productivity, sales, and a familiar connection.
Good store, good company
Sales Associate Verizon Wireless (Former Employee), Avon Lake, OHSeptember 4, 2013
Over all a good company but the componsation unfortunately was to low for me to take care of my family.
Love this job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Branford, CTJuly 31, 2013
Love this job but unfortunately the drama is absurd and ridiculous.
I make my schedule
Verizon Store Manager (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDJuly 14, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
Good place to work but comp is too low. Job advancement is not available in the future.
Descent work place
Verizon agent (Former Employee), bellevilleJuly 10, 2013
Pros: shared commission
Cons: shared commission
you are required to work 50 hours a week at minimum. Co workers take care of each other because it is a shared commission system if you are on the clock you get a portion of anything sold in the store.
Productive, learning and growing experience
Human Resources Director (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJuly 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility, communication with management
I enjoyed the always changing environment of our company and workplace. I was learning and experiencing something new everyday. The hardest part about my position was the connections with the staff. I am a very interactive person and working from home and traveling often was a struggle to get to know our employees on a more personal level.

Our management was always encouraging and open to new ideas no matter what field or position you were in within the company. I also had the availability to meet with these individuals on a weekly basis to learn more tips for our industry.
horrible place to work
wireless consultant (Former Employee), granite city, ILMarch 11, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything else about it.
doesn't pay enough for what they require, they don't pay on-time half of the time, are slow with commission, and have the dumbest pay scale possible. management is unprofessional and doesn't care about their employees. high turnover rate, there will always be jobs listed on this site for this company because nobody wants to stick around.