The Cellular Connection Employee Reviews in United States

Not the same company it once was
sales (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 16, 2015
Not what it used to be. Ohio is being ruined by terrible leadership that would rather lie to the customer than have a day without a new activation. Good leaders and sales reps are being let go and demoted because they know how terrible the company has gotten. This used to be a company that cared about its employees and now they do not. Employees Matter- If the employees really mattered, why is Ohio being completely over looked? Does that much turn over make sense? Employees are not happy with project X and it will ruin the company. The store level employees have lost their voice. There are too many pointless layers of management. Market Managers have no purpose and are a waste of the companies money. Everyone is too busy acting important to do what matters-take care of the customer. This is the real reason there are sales issues. So they lie to them. Once the customers realize they are buying that tablet and could have saved $10 or more per month, they will be gone. This company is too money hungry to know or care what they are doing is wrong, not only to the customers but the employees too. I will never recommend this company for employees or customers which is sad because it used to be great.
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work, but extensive hours don't allow for much family or self time. Money is great, people are great, company is phenomenal!
Charity Oriented
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INOctober 8, 2015
The Cellular Connection is a very giving company and participated in numerous charitable events including donations to Riley Hospital.
Cons
breaks, pay structure
Great Place to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work. Very flexible with schedules. Retail hours were the only draw back to working for this company. Otherwise I would still be working there, but the hours, between going to school, and raising a child make it difficult.
Not a very palce
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Endwell, NYSeptember 3, 2015
educated customers on different model phones helped with their purchase their bill understanding, set them up with new contracts,
Great Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 2, 2015
Pleasant staff, attractive store presentation, newest displays from Samsung and Apple, fun-to-work-with Samsung rep, and knowledgeable management.
Laughing at some reviews
Sales (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 1, 2015
It's retail. You're going to deal with awful customers from time to time...it's part of any RETAIL job. Yeah, the hours can be long at times but again...it's RETAIL. The commission is uncapped...if you're not hitting your bonuses ask someone for help. Maybe it's the way you're approaching the customer. I work at a slower store. I hit all my goals....it's a pretty easy job it you try. Don't try you don't make money. The benefits are amazing. Not sure what some of these people are complaining about. Yes, there are no sick days but they give you a CRAZY amount of PTO days...I'm sitting at 5 weeks. I take PTO days all the time. Health insurance may be slightly pricey. But I'd rather pay more for quality. There are things that I'd change about the company but let's face it...it's a job. I'm sure everyone could say that about where they work.
Great money and Culture, Takes over your life
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 30, 2015
Especially when you reach management, if you get the opportunity, the expectation is work comes first. LIfe, family, time off is secondary.
I love the company CEO and the Culture of Good. I love how much we give back to the communities we work in.
Staffing is an issue. the lack of work/life balance seems to burn people out before they really have a chance to grow.
The job is stable but being on call 24/7 in management positions doesn't allow much time to feel like you are actually relaxing away from work.
Pros
Benefits are good. Selling great products. Uncapped commissions.
Cons
hard to move forward, no work life balance
Good workplace, terrible direction
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2015
When I first started here, I was really excited and believed I could be with the company for quite awhile. However, due to corporate restructuring, I feel my future here is no longer tenable. Recent changes have made coming to work every day feel like a bad dream, and feeling like I'm being watched to make sure I'm doing everything they tell me to in the sales process, and not letting the sales process progress naturally, is a very unpleasant experience. I don't like pushing things on people, and I run the risk of losing my job if I do not push everything we have in the store onto people.
Pros
Great pay, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Management, management, corporate structure and decisions, management
Typical Telecommunications Retail
Indirect Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, Connecticut, USAJuly 26, 2015
The Cellular Connections was a good company to work for as there were opportunities to sell Verizon products as well as Dish Network.
Pros
Extended lunch hours, great benefits
Cons
Minimum wage or commission pay, strict quotas
Greedy and Corrupt
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  New YokJune 19, 2015
Pros:
Most people that are sales representatives are good people.

Cons:
No chance to advance in the company, basically no perks
to working there, management is a joke (especially upper management), benefits are expensive, if you work in a slow store it's not worth it, if a customer doesn't pay their bill three months later after you sold them a phone you get money taken out of your paycheck, no raises if you don't get promoted, company clearly tries to not pay you by making hard to reach "bonus" goals, everything TCC sells is more expensive than verizon corporate, terrible hours (I usually work 10 hour days) and you get no lunch time so if its busy you never get to eat, most customers are frustrating to deal with, you have to pay for your own business cards or Verizon apperal.

Advice to Management:
The only people that make money for the company get paid the least, really makes no sense. Almost no way to move up in the company. A couple paid sick days would be nice instead of having to use your PTO that you EARNED. Constant turn over rate is frustrating. I'm on my fifth manager in less than two years of employment and i've had 19 different co-workers (5 person store). No one listens to the grunts (sales reps).
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMarch 17, 2015
Busy!!! If you like a fast pace store then this is the place for you. You have to be customer orientated and out going. Promotion potential is available.
Great Work
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMarch 12, 2015
I highly enjoyed working in this retail sales position. It applies best for those who are willing to be in control of their own paycheck. The schedule is quite demanding and there are some chances for advancement. The managerial policies are slightly disjointed with difficulty communicating with higher ups but it is a pleasant retail experience
Great company!
Sales Market Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 9, 2015
This company has so much to offer when it comes to room for advancement. The culture within this organization is amazing! The hardest part of this job is a work/life balance!
Has potential to be great
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTNovember 21, 2014
The Cellular Connection prides itself on being involved with the community and being the most trusted retailer for Verizon Wireless. The overall atmosphere in their corporate office is very pleasant, relaxed, and the training received was one of the best training programs I have ever attended.

To say what was learned about the company during training and what is actually carried through in the store would not necessarily be true. As with many private companies, there are challenges. The hands on training at the store is not as good as it was in their corporate offices, due to lack of staff I was left alone in the store my second night back from training which I was still green at the time and mistakes happened, and there isn't that feeling of teamwork. It is an all commission job so if you don't sell, you don't really get paid. The problem is in our location it is very low traffic, and despite calling out to prospects and bringing them in, reps at that store will steal sales to earn a paycheck.
Pros
great training, good people, work with people
Cons
mis management, cutthroat sales environment, pay is minimum wage unless you hit sales quotas, miscommunication
dont do it!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  glen ellyn ilSeptember 30, 2014
Ugh horrible horrible place to work! Very low pay , you will work 50+ hours a week , no overtime , inordinately expensive "benefits", upper management are good ol boys, no security , you will work alone a lot . The pay scale is changed and goals set where they are unattainable on purpose.low grade products and tons of pressure to meet goals but also have to clean the store , perform inventory , do bill pays AND customer service for customers who become verbally abusive . Stay away!
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
greedy company, idiot managers, work you to death, pay is very low, customers are extreemly rude and combative
Don't bother
Wireless Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CTMay 10, 2014
In the New England (CT) Area upper management is not at all knowledgeable, unreliable and very catty. Turnover is extremely high mostly because of this. If you do apply expect your interview to be comical this is an extrmemly unorganized business and in this area the interviewer if it is upper management will most likely not be on time. If you like dogs this might be the job for you you can expect that upper management will bring her dog to staff meetings and let him roam around. Unprofessional is an understatement if you enjoy he said she said drama this is the place for you.
Cons
unprofessional, poor pay, upper management
well educated staff
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILApril 29, 2014
well trained staff and great product knowledge. very friendly employees,
Horrible- It's a set up
boss (Former Employee) –  NEApril 29, 2014
No Loyalty, terrible pay, over worked, greedy,
No support terrible communication,
work 24 hours a day and get no support
sells low end products for high price
hidden agenda and want to make more money
Pros
nothing
Cons
over worked no credit no loyalty boycott greedy fake companies like this
Can be good at times but...
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 23, 2014
Management says they care about you but they don't. Good sales process, friendly co-workers, pay is ok. Pay and sales goal change frequently. You make no money in a slow store. Upper management is very shady. Lots of favoritism. Store managers have no real training and don't know what to do half the time. I've seen people get fired without any type of verbal or written warnings.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay, upper management, too hard to advance

2.8