The Center for Health Care Services Employee Reviews

The center expects you to work more for less
Clinical Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2017
There has not been a week where I haven't worked more than my 40 hour supposed salaried time piece and although I believe in being a team they have not been supportive of family or time off.
Pros
Free lunch and benefits
Cons
Long hours, bad management and poor working environment.
Friendly staff, good place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
My experience with the company was a positive one, the staff was very friendly to work with. The patients made it a good experience to work with, and learn new skills.
Pros
friendly place to work
work environment is stressful
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
everyone including management is nice and friendly, always hard working individuals that work there, always room for advancement, good benefits and pay.
Very productive Work Environment
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
I enjoy my work. I stay very busy and engaged. I feel I'm doing my part in helping my community with their mental health and substance abuse issues.
Unstable, unpredictable
LCDC therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Program was affected by many outside forces, such as the whims of the probation department, budgetary decisions and a lack of group unity in how services were to be delivered
Pros
Sometimes had a good impacat on clients
Cons
affected by forces who did not understand our work
Works with high needs consumers
CPI (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
Never a typical day. Worked with an outstanding team of professionals. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others sustain a better quality of life.
Pros
flexible
Cons
n/a
Its ok
LCDC- Opioid Addiction Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
I have no review to add about this company. It appears to be a good place to work I'm just looking for something different. They have the ability to help.
Pros
Hours
Cons
hours
The Job
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2017
Decent place to work not to difficult of a job. The people you work with are what make the job, no the job itself. The environment is fine, but he clientele is sometimes hard to deal with.
Nw clinic management is horrible
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  NW Clinic San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
If the position you apply for is for the NW Clinic, run & don't look back! Horrible place to work. Extremely bad management, hostile work environment!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
NW Clinic has unprofessional Manager, & Directors
Great people,
Support services specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2017
Obtain demographics for detox and crisis clients. Do financial for stocks clients. Run Medicaid and Medicare website on all clients.
Edit information financial for all crisis clients
good experience but stressful
CLINIC TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2017
Lots of opportunities to work in all areas of mental health. Company tries to be good to workers. Mid-level management seems to be in competition with each other.
Strange Culture
Consumer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2017
While I genuinely enjoyed most of my coworkers there seemed to be a level of gossip there always underlying everything. Nota huge fan of the government funding healthcare entities so my review probably has some bias.
Pros
Could always take PTO
Cons
Distrusting culture
great place to work
Clinical Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2017
good work environment excellent organization to start working with, and a good organization to network and meet new people. Excellent environment.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay could be better
Motivated Team
Fund-Raising Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with a great and motivated executive team and gain first hand experience with executive meetings.
Safe and comfortable environment.
Clinical Services Administrator/Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The environment at the office is a "light", upbeat, and a safe place. Depending on your department, you can have a fast pace day or more of a calm one.
Pros
Great work environment
Everyday you learn
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2016
One of the best places I have worked. Good benefits and the managers are not micro managing you. The pay could be better. Overall a good work environment but stressful at times.
Pros
Good coworkers
Recovery Oriented
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2016
The Center really helps people with mental health issues. Their goal is to provide mental health for all those people that are going through a crisis or have an ongoing mental health problem. Typical day at The Center is very different from every other day. I have enjoyed working here but I think it is time to move on.
Pros
Cons
Good health benefits
productive
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2016
you learn something each and everyday. supervisors are great. everyone helps one another. clients teach you soimething new everyday. your mind gets shaped into a better one.
Pros
clients
Cons
hours
Bad place to work.
Clinical Practitioner I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2016
This is a horrible environment with which to work. People are laid off and immediately there jobs are posted at a lower wage. The management does not care what they put you through. All they want is the money and all they are concerned about is the DST. Clients are not receiving good quality of care. Back stabbing by coworkers. We are never encouraged to voice our opinions on anything. Management does not live by the rules, they are only out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Pay, back stabbing coworkers, over worked, does not follow the laws when it comes to people working off the clock.
Qidp
QIDP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Review and managed 6 HCS homes and made sure residents needs were being met. Assisted in training staff for better handling with care of residents.