The Center for Youth and Family Solutions

The Center for Youth and Family Solutions United States Employee Reviews

CYFS
Crisis Advocate (Current Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 6, 2014
It is a great place to work, the counties we service are smaller towns and do not have much diversity in them but there are a decent amount of clients for exposure to the social work field.
Overworked- underpaid/under appreciated
Foster Care Family Worker (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: helping families
Cons: no support, poor leadership, bad attitudes, low pay, no appreciation
I have been working as a family worker here since the summer of 2012. Everyone I know working here is looking for another employer in the field because of how poorly the staff is treated. They adjusted how they pay their employees so they could get out of paying us real overtime, so instead it comes out to approximately 2.75 an hour per overtime, which you will work and a lot. My supervisor is never around and there have been multiple complaints about it, but nothing ever changes. The work atmosphere is high stress and not supportive. I would have never chose to interview here if I knew how it would be. They pay 10 grand under the other social service agencies, the health insurance is not competitive, and the vacation time is horrible compared to others.
A great atmosphere to work at due to co-worker cooperation
Foster Care Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 23, 2013
I enjoy assisting others achieve their personal goals and work towards having a stable family and support system.
Very busy work place
Family Advocate Case Assistant (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJuly 30, 2012
Pros: laid back
Cons: not enough hours
A typical work day may start with a transport where you might be transporting a child to counseling. There may be a gap in time and then you may be supervising a visit with a child and the parent. The hardest part of the job is when you pick up a child for a visit and the parent does not show. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing the smiles on the children.