The Center Employee Reviews in United States

Loved working with special populations
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2016
Low pay a lot of work. Loved working with patients. hardest part is if your not a social person you wont last. because you cant work and do your job unless you are friends with certain people.
Pros
you will learn a great deal
Cons
low pay
Provides critical supports for at-risk families within a limited area f Atlanta, Georgia
Vice President, Programs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2015
The Center for Working Families provide an employee with the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others.
Pros
Days are fast pace and exciting
Cons
Limited geographic footprint
Enjoyed working with vendors and school districts
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
Obtained great professional skills in accounting ,customer and vendor relations. It was a joy to bring in new business and to have been apart of a much needed service to children. And knowing that through my assistance schools were being educated in how to teach our underserved students nationwide.
Pros
Mostly worked independently
Cons
Delay in pay at times
Beauitful place but to much work drama
Authorization Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 21, 2015
I learned a lot about the effects of team work, and how important pulling together truly is. Without team effort, it doesn't work!!
Pros
Providers and Patients.
Cons
Cattyness and lots of drama.
Excellent work environment, great people, not enough income
Deputy Director (Current Employee) –  Schhenectady, NYJuly 24, 2015
Excellent work environment, great people, not enough income. The work done at the Center for Community Justice is critical to helping the low to moderate income people of Schenectady County.
Pros
work culture, job satisfaction
Cons
lack of money to pay adequately
Great place to work!
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 20, 2015
While working at the center I worked as a substitute for a year and then I became teachers assistant to the 3-4 year old classroom. It was a great job that taught me a lot about responsibility. My co-workers were great to work with and would always help out if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children I was with grow and learn.
Pros
fun job
Cons
no health benefits
Where i gained my excellent customer Skills
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
I learned how to treat people with mental disabilities with the highest
dignity and respect. I learned that people with disabilities are some of the most intelligent geniuses with a disability is just as normal than the average individual.
Very educational
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILJune 12, 2015
Learned a lot about animals, and how to nurture cows, horses, pigs, and much more. Very well layed out system of keeping the animals in pens. Great experience all around.
Up beat work environment
College Externship (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 17, 2015
This was just a student externship for me. The staff were very friendley and knew everything they needed to about their jobs. They gave me great tips and loads of experience to add to my resume.
Community based
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 29, 2015
*greeting clients & completing projects
*answering phones
*resume writing
*setting appointments for section 3 certification
Pros
helped clients fill out applications
Cons
no growth potential
Good work place
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2015
The management staff was great and fun to get along with they were always willing to help and explain if there was any questions.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Was very enjoyable, got to work with a lot of interesting people.
Pros
fun
Cons
nothing
Medical Externship-Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 22, 2014
Time management is outstanding. Workers worked well with others very knowledgeable and professional at all times.
Pros
friendly environment
The GLBT Center of Central Florida
HIV Testing & Counseling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2014
My time at The Center was incredibly beneficial in building the foundation of my future in the non-profit world. I learned a lot in my first year as a manager, especially being half the age of most of my employees. I was given a lot of opportunities to excel and be creative in finding different ways to help my local community. Although HIV wasn't a specific area of interest I found a passion for helping others among the ranks of like-minded individuals. The Center has done much in the last 5 years I've been associated with it to improve itself and its ability to help community members, like pay off old debts, start a Seniors program, and winning a grant to refurbish the 30-year-old building. Though I no longer work there in an official capacity I hold it dear to me and wish it the best so it may continue to be of service to the community.
Pros
flexible schedule, room for creativity, autonomy, team atmosphere
Cons
volunteers often work at their own whim
Very friendly and fun place to work
Internship for Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 10, 2014
A typical day consisted of answering phones greeting patients letting doctors know when their patient had arrived. I also helped with practice-mate for medical billing and helped with gold/green ledgers
Pros
laid back
Business Owner
Life Coach, Principal (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 21, 2014
I love working as a life coach and empowering people to reach their goals. Being a business owner involves so much more than the specific work you've started the business for. The learning curve to own and run a business has been steep, yet fascinating and invigorating with so much to learn.
Receoptionist
Switch Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 6, 2014
Great boss
Good pay
Great hours
Great atmosphere of people
Coworkers not so fun to work with
Best place I ever worked in over 40 years!!!
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 4, 2014
This is the best employer EVER!!! Everyone is fun to be around and working with the seniors is the greatest!!! I miss this job! But had to leave and relocate.
Pros
the hours
Cons
none!
Rewarding and Challenging
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 8, 2014
I am responsible for the projects and public relations aspect of the Center for African American History, Art and Culture.
very enjoyable workplace
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2014
Planned & Coordinated Events
Solicited to businesses for Business memberships, Silent Auction items, & Raffle prizes
Pros
flex time
Cons
late nights

4.2