The Center

The Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSJuly 20, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: no health benefits
While working at the center I worked as a substitute for a year and then I became teachers assistant to the 3-4 year old classroom. It was a great job that taught me a lot about responsibility. My co-workers were great to work with and would always help out if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children I was with grow and learn.
Where i gained my excellent customer Skills
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2015
I learned how to treat people with mental disabilities with the highest
dignity and respect. I learned that people with disabilities are some of the most intelligent geniuses with a disability is just as normal than the average individual.
Very educational
Attendant (Former Employee), Palos Park, ILJune 12, 2015
Learned a lot about animals, and how to nurture cows, horses, pigs, and much more. Very well layed out system of keeping the animals in pens. Great experience all around.
Up beat work environment
College Externship (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 17, 2015
This was just a student externship for me. The staff were very friendley and knew everything they needed to about their jobs. They gave me great tips and loads of experience to add to my resume.
Community based
Receptionist (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: helped clients fill out applications
Cons: no growth potential
*greeting clients & completing projects
*answering phones
*resume writing
*setting appointments for section 3 certification
Good work place
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2015
The management staff was great and fun to get along with they were always willing to help and explain if there was any questions.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: nothing
Was very enjoyable, got to work with a lot of interesting people.
Medical Externship-Medical Billing (Former Employee), Centennial, COOctober 22, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Time management is outstanding. Workers worked well with others very knowledgeable and professional at all times.
The GLBT Center of Central Florida
HIV Testing & Counseling Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, room for creativity, autonomy, team atmosphere
Cons: volunteers often work at their own whim
My time at The Center was incredibly beneficial in building the foundation of my future in the non-profit world. I learned a lot in my first year as a manager, especially being half the age of most of my employees. I was given a lot of opportunities to excel and be creative in finding different ways to help my local community. Although HIV wasn't a specific area of interest I found a passion for helping others among the ranks of like-minded individuals. The Center has done much in the last 5 years I've been associated with it to improve itself and its ability to help community members, like pay off old debts, start a Seniors program, and winning a grant to refurbish the 30-year-old building. Though I no longer work there in an official capacity I hold it dear to me and wish it the best so it may continue to be of service to the community.
Very friendly and fun place to work
Internship for Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: laid back
A typical day consisted of answering phones greeting patients letting doctors know when their patient had arrived. I also helped with practice-mate for medical billing and helped with gold/green ledgers
Business Owner
Life Coach, Principal (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAAugust 21, 2014
I love working as a life coach and empowering people to reach their goals. Being a business owner involves so much more than the specific work you've started the business for. The learning curve to own and run a business has been steep, yet fascinating and invigorating with so much to learn.
RECEOPTIONIST
Switch Board Operator (Former Employee), Bend, ORAugust 6, 2014
great BOSS
GOOD PAY
GREAT HOURS
GREAT ATMOSPHERE OF PEOPLE
COWORKERS NOT SO FUN TO WORK WITH
Best place I ever worked in over 40 years!!!
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Brainerd, MNJune 4, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: none!
This is the best employer EVER!!! Everyone is fun to be around and working with the seniors is the greatest!!! I miss this job! But had to leave and relocate.
Rewarding and Challenging
Executive Director (Current Employee), Aiken, SCApril 8, 2014
I am responsible for the projects and public relations aspect of the Center for African American History, Art and Culture.
very enjoyable workplace
Marketing (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: late nights
Planned & Coordinated Events
Solicited to businesses for Business memberships, Silent Auction items, & Raffle prizes
To much negativety and pets.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Bend, ORJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefts
Not enough support for staff. Lack of confidentiality. They do not cross train the new employees.
Chaotic but productive
News Engagement Specialist- Project manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 14, 2014
There is no typical day at CIR. Part of the challenge of product development and management is just that- constantly revising and honing content until it's ready for release.
I worked with a great fellowship/
Office Director (Former Employee), Palos Park, ILAugust 23, 2013
This not for profit truly worked hard for the community. When I began the budget was 600,00.00 when I resigned that year's budget was 1.4 million. There was 27 core employees and 12 preschool staff. Small in numbers but great in accomplishment. The thing I took from this job of 11 years is pride and ability to think on my feet.
Working at an Methdone Clinic
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 20, 2013
Pros: working for 8 different doctors
Cons: no room to move up in the company
Working with people that has many different drug problems.
Non Profit with many ideas
Hispanic Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, making a difference
Cons: grant funded
I love working in the non profit field. Everyone is so motivated to make a difference in their community so the energy is high.