The Centers for Families and Children Employee Reviews

Good Company, poor pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2015
Management is great and willing to assist at all times. Upper management not so much. Schedule is very flexible and family friendly. Compensation for a 4 yr degree or often higher is very poor. Benefits are offered but expensive. Good company and good learning experience. Stressful work but rewarding at times. High turnover rate as well.
Pros
Culture, helping others
Cons
Pay
Fun and an exciting place to work at.
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
During a typical day at the daycare I engage in active play with preschoolers. I've learned that you can learn form anyone is a toddler! I've learned how to redirect children with positive reinforcements. My co-workers made the environment feel more like it was a family. The hardest part of the job was knowing a child was be neglected at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was see each child smile!!!
Pros
Understanding Supervisor, great healthcare, clean environment
Awesome work culture
CPST case manager (Former Employee) –  parma, ohioFebruary 9, 2015
loved working for the centers. Everybody was very friendly and loved what they did. The work enviorment was amazing. Coworkers were both younger and older, and many of them were getting their masters degree. Easily my favorite job.
Pros
make own schedule, helping clients, catered lunch 1x a week
Cons
building is over-crowded at times
loved being a part of a community.
Early head home visitor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2014
I loved the people i work with always willing to help. Also the ability to work with families of all cultures and backgrounds.I would go into the families home for an hour in half do activities with their children making sure they where achieving there developmental stages. I learned to be very self dependable and organized. We had alot of paperwork and guidelines to meet each month. The hardest part was making sure your paperwork was filled correctly in a timely matter. The way that i made sure i stayed on track was by doing to do lists. Management helped with making sure we had all we needed.The most enjoyable part of my job was my familes you build a relationship with them in a big way and encouraging them to always do there best for them and their children.
Educational
Internship- Volunteer Engagement Office (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2014
I enjoyed working at The Center during my time interning with them. I felt that I did not receive the right training or mentions of job well done. Co-workers was very critical on my job performance which I felt I worked in a very productive and efficient way. I was giving assignment by other employees that was responsible for that work and when completed, did not receive a thank you.
Pros
free parking
Cons
negative co-workers
Culture is changing, high turnover, poor management
CASE MANAGER/COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJune 9, 2014
Had potential to be a great place to work. When I started, I worked with coworkers I respected. I was surrounded by case managers who were internally motivated to provide care to our clients.
Unfortunately in about 6 months, 8 people left. After that the turnover rate spiked, changing the culture of the organization.
Supervisors paint a picture that they have an open door policy, however myself, and others, felt LITTLE to NO support from management.
Beware, they paint a wonderful picture during the interview, but it's not what it seems.
Great Place to Work
HR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 10, 2014
It was great to work for an organization where people are passionate about helping those that need it the most. The people here genuinely care about improving the lives of others in the Greater Cleveland area.

You read other reviews and some are negative. Keep in mind everyone has different experiences and oftentimes people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive. No organization is perfect and you determine your experience for the most part.

I encourage anyone that is qualified to consider a career at The Centers. Hundreds of people that care about others in a workplace makes for a great place to be.
Awesome agency with good atmosphere and people. Freedom to make your own schedule.
Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 18, 2014
I come into work and complete progress notes from the previous day in between meeting with clients. I have the freedom of making my own schedule and meeting times. I spend most of the day driving, picking client's up and dropping them back off. The other half of my day is scheduling or rescheduling client's, picking up medication or complete paper work. Since i have recieved my license, I meet with my supervisor more often to collect hours to go towards obtaining my LISW.
Pros
making our own schedules and the freedom.
Cons
direct service requirement of 5 hours daily.
Unprofessional
Facilities and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2014
The people here really want to do good, but just don't seem to have any idea how to run a business.
Very productive hard working and professionalism
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 10, 2013
I love working with children and families I have been in the classroom for many years, I have learned to work with many different diverse cultures wish has been a great experience. Provide a quality care and created and maintained a good communication with parents, families and co- workers. hardest part of the job is moving to different centers, enjoy the value of your job and how parent and families really trust me, and respect having the ability to make a difference in each and every family and to know that they are very grateful.

Want to know more about The Centers for Families and Children?

Ask a question
Great co-workers, poor management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2013
I enjoyed my co-workers and the work with my clients. The hours were flexible which is a plus. Upper management can be dishonest and unaware of work the the employees actually do.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unsupportive upper management
very good job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2013
Great place to work .The only reason I'm not still there is out sorced
the department to mangement company.
Pros
great supervier
Cons
outsorced
Culturally diverse agency with professionals seeking success for families they served.
FAMILY ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMarch 25, 2013
In the almost 10 years I worked for The Centers I was able to continue my experience in serving families and children. My day was flexible. My coworkers were educated individuals with many years of experience in their fields. We were encouraged to work outside the box and expected to work collaboratively on several projects. I learned a great deal about licensing and Step Up to Quality along with extending my knowledge on Early Head Start and Head Start. The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers and the bonds we formed.
Very friendly staff
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2013
The Centers is a very nice place to work .Management is fair and my co workers were very nice to work with.the hardest part of my job is leaving, the most enjoyable part of my job was working in the daycares around the children.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
high health insurance