The Centers for Families and Children Employee Reviews

Teacher Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2017
Enjoy working with children. Many teachers to a classroom. 5 star rated Center. Very low ratios, company engagement. And friendly enviorment for workers. Employees are apart of a very strong and supportive union.
Pros
Good pay. Pays for school. Room for advancement
Cons
Some policies and procedure are not supportive of employees
Best job ever
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2017
I am so happy that God worked they way He did when I was blessed with an opportunity to begin working here. I absolutely love waking up and going to work unlike my other job.
Cons
Good experience for entry level only for CPST
Adult Mental Health Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2017
This is a great job for experience coming out of school only. After about a year or 2 you will understand the dynamics of the place & leave for better. Compensation is very low for what we do. There is no real leadership. Case loads are large & fluctuate often. Procedures change almost weekly. Terrible "raises". Staff is treated as if they are disposable. Employees from every dept come & go very often.
Pros
You get mileage for travel & create your own schedule & flexibility of work day
Cons
Terrible benefits, no leadership, high retention rate, low compensation, high caseloads, no solid structure within daily practices
Terrible, Terrible! Do NOT work here!
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
The managers are very unprofessional, work on nepotism and favortism, discriminate, and there is no room for advancement.

You will work in a highly stressful, disorganized environment; given work on short notice without support from management. The managers do NOT care about employees except those in the clique.

Not recommended.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Terrible management
The focus should always be those we serve
Health (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2017
The community outreach and the people I work with are the reasons I have stayed with The Centers. Management is out of touch with the real issues most employees are dealing with. Lack of communication is a major problem, and has been for years.
This Organization is a Joke
Teacher 1 (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHMay 12, 2017
I haven't been here long and I notice that this place is only after the money. Management makes your life so stressful to the point where you want to go home and find a new job. The curriculum is also a joke. When did children start making decisions for their daily routine. We are supposed to get them ready for the real world not a fairy tale imagination land. The rules are also made up and you won't know about it until the manager points it out. Instead of the manager coming to me with information, I am given the message from another staff member. I don't know what the office life is like but don't go for the daycare service because you will not be happy. The managers make you do most of the work then complains about having so much work to do. Don't think about or make plans because we do not get many holiday breaks and if you are a new employee you can't use any benefits until after 6 months.
Pros
You get of work on time.
Cons
horrible management, unclear rules, lack of communication
Not a good place due to stereotyping
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 31, 2017
They fire individuals for no apparent reason or warning . High work load and stress due to the lack of support from management and support is wonderful among co-workers . Pay is good but the fact that the management does not like all of their players and "picks" at them to the point of tears. Training is next to nothing and then you get into trouble for errors. Not many people stay here long due to the issues that arise and the work load
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No adequate training
A non-profit organization helping families in need
Teacher II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2017
A typical day as a Teacher II is daily communication with staff and parents. Daily communication would incorporate children's daily academic and social needs.
enjoyable and friendly work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2017
everyone you meet and interact with here from the employees to the clients are so nice and make working here really pleasant
Great place to gain experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2017
The Centers for Families and Children is a Great place to gain experience in the mental health field. However, the work load can prove to be difficult for someone just coming out of college. If you are up for the challenge and ultimately have no fear, then this is a great place for you. The co-workers are wonderful! There is a 5 hour requirement with this job, which means you are expected to meet 5 hours a day of client interaction. This may be challenging dealing with the demographic of clients you might be working with; when clients cancel appointments or don't show up. All in all, if you are interested in learning about mental health and work well under pressure than this is the job for you. Make sure you keep your safety at the top of your priorities.
Pros
co-workers, great place to gain experience
Cons
short breaks, stressful
Counselor in Training (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2016
Catholic Charities has many excellent programs that are providing excellent services to many individuals and families in the Cleveland Diocese. There are many talented, caring individuals working for Catholic Charities who truly care about their clients.
Internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 4, 2016
files management, Case management, Development of Mental Health Assessments, Development of Treatment Plans, Individual Counseling and Progress Notes Developments
Coworker s are friendly
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Coworkers are friendly great people! Would suggest this as an entry level job for someone who is jjust graduating or needs an internship this is the place to start.
Pros
drug rep lunches and breakfast
Cons
30 min lunch
Good Company, poor pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2015
Management is great and willing to assist at all times. Upper management not so much. Schedule is very flexible and family friendly. Compensation for a 4 yr degree or often higher is very poor. Benefits are offered but expensive. Good company and good learning experience. Stressful work but rewarding at times. High turnover rate as well.
Pros
Culture, helping others
Cons
Pay
Fun and an exciting place to work at.
PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
During a typical day at the daycare I engage in active play with preschoolers. I've learned that you can learn form anyone is a toddler! I've learned how to redirect children with positive reinforcements. My co-workers made the environment feel more like it was a family. The hardest part of the job was knowing a child was be neglected at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was see each child smile!!!
Pros
Understanding Supervisor, great healthcare, clean environment
Awesome work culture
CPST case manager (Former Employee) –  parma, ohioFebruary 9, 2015
loved working for the centers. Everybody was very friendly and loved what they did. The work enviorment was amazing. Coworkers were both younger and older, and many of them were getting their masters degree. Easily my favorite job.
Pros
Make own schedule, helping clients, catered lunch 1x a week
Cons
building is over-crowded at times
loved being a part of a community.
Early head home visitor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2014
I loved the people i work with always willing to help. Also the ability to work with families of all cultures and backgrounds.I would go into the families home for an hour in half do activities with their children making sure they where achieving there developmental stages. I learned to be very self dependable and organized. We had alot of paperwork and guidelines to meet each month. The hardest part was making sure your paperwork was filled correctly in a timely matter. The way that i made sure i stayed on track was by doing to do lists. Management helped with making sure we had all we needed.The most enjoyable part of my job was my familes you build a relationship with them in a big way and encouraging them to always do there best for them and their children.
Educational
Internship- Volunteer Engagement Office (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2014
I enjoyed working at The Center during my time interning with them. I felt that I did not receive the right training or mentions of job well done. Co-workers was very critical on my job performance which I felt I worked in a very productive and efficient way. I was giving assignment by other employees that was responsible for that work and when completed, did not receive a thank you.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Negative Co-workers
Culture is changing, high turnover, poor management
CASE MANAGER/COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJune 9, 2014
Had potential to be a great place to work. When I started, I worked with coworkers I respected. I was surrounded by case managers who were internally motivated to provide care to our clients.
Unfortunately in about 6 months, 8 people left. After that the turnover rate spiked, changing the culture of the organization.
Supervisors paint a picture that they have an open door policy, however myself, and others, felt LITTLE to NO support from management.
Beware, they paint a wonderful picture during the interview, but it's not what it seems.
Great Place to Work
HR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 10, 2014
It was great to work for an organization where people are passionate about helping those that need it the most. The people here genuinely care about improving the lives of others in the Greater Cleveland area.

You read other reviews and some are negative. Keep in mind everyone has different experiences and oftentimes people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive. No organization is perfect and you determine your experience for the most part.

I encourage anyone that is qualified to consider a career at The Centers. Hundreds of people that care about others in a workplace makes for a great place to be.