The Chamber Group, a New York based boutique PR firm seeks a seasoned Public Relations Senior Director for the NY based home office.
The Senior Director will partner with the TCG publicist assigned to existing clients the NYC and LA offices. Will be required to spearhead efforts to secure additional TV/Film talent for the TCG Clientele Roster as well maintaining existing client accounts.
- Lead NYC-Based new business initiatives including sourcing new clients and contract development. The position requires this person to be able to bring in business primarily in the NYC market.
- Secure top-tier media opportunities for clients, including press coverage; speaking engagements; sponsorship opportunities; etc
- Liaise with client and LA TCG publicist on LA-based events and media to support seamless strategy and communication among all relevant TCG staff
- Interface with client daily as relevant to press opportunities, event logistics, media monitoring etc.
- Training and management of a PR coordinator
- Minimum 8 years experience on either the agency or client side, with demonstrated success
- A high-energy professional with established national media and celebrity contacts and a proven track record of building strong relationships
- Proven track record of securing feature placements on television, in print, and online
- Excellent written and verbal skills (samples required)
- Experience managing early-career PR professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel and work some weekends
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Competitive pay and benefits including bonus program
About The Chamber Group
Established in 2006 by veteran public relations executive Chris Chambers, The Chamber Group is a boutique public relations, image marketing and special events company with a proven track record. Based in downtown New York City, The Chamber Group draws upon our dynamic and motivated team to provide strategic counsel and elevate clients to limitless heights. We enhance businesses, brands, non-profits and talent through media, image maintenance, network extensions, award campaigns and special events.
Applicants should supply resume, recent photograph, portfolio/press book, strong business reference and writing samples.
Please no phone calls to either office concerning this position