The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Good for a Restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: tips, teamwork (fellow servers, cooks, bar staff, and bussers)
Cons: lack of benefits, clientele, and general appreciation of the staff
A faced-paced, well oiled machine. The high volume of business translates to a fair income based off of tips, but the company benefits are severely lacking. Medical/Dental benefits are extremely expensive and vacation is difficult and complicated to earn. Sick days are nonexistent.
It was okay
Cook, prep, dishwasher (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CADecember 18, 2014
I beleive management good of done a better job of there employees in the dishroom. We do not get paid to walk around and work slow. i like team work and fast pace team members.
busy restaurant with productive employee
line cook, (commi 1) (Current Employee), kuwaitDecember 13, 2014
Pros: there is housing allowance and transportation
Cons: we have a lot of benifits.with health care too.
The typical day at work is normal but during week days the follow of our resto was so very busy every body was moving fast,i learned a lot i develop my knowledge about the kitchens flow,i enjoyed every single days i've worked so i cant feel the hardest time of my duty.
great
hostess (Former Employee), roseville, caDecember 12, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
loved cheesecake factory, food was yummy and the people i worked with were nice and sweet to me. i seated clients, brought them water, and the menus. not sure what else to write I was only a hostess. I liked my job there and this thing is telling me to write 40 words, not sure what else to write!
fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2014
Everyone is really nice and friendly. Very flexible hours and management is very understanding.
Loved this job
SERVER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 9, 2014
I made a lot of money and great friends. The manager was not so nice but all in all a great experience.
LOVED IT
Hostess (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYDecember 8, 2014
I really Enjoyed working here... even after graduating nursing school and passing my boards i continue to do at least one shift a week... the place is family oriented and fun !
Great Environment
Busser (Former Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 6, 2014
Fast paced workplace with a lot of tasks at hand. Assisting the servers, cleaning tables, re-filling ice, stocking silverware, and cleaning spills in the restaurant.
Very busy fun place to work.
Hostess (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexaible
Cons: smelling all the great food all the time and can't eat it.
Busy most days taking a wait greeting guest, taking reservations. and answering the phones.
Have to be Dedicated
Linecook (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, long hours
* A typical day at work was very stressful.

* I learned a lot of new things in the kitchen.

* Management was hard on their staff to make sure we put out the best quality food that we could.

* My co-workers always new how to make me smile.

* The hardest part about my job was the long hours with a short break. Also working the station alone.

* The – more... most enjoyable part about my job was being able to sit down and enjoy a drink on my break. – less
Productive place with advancement opportunities.
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: free meals, flexible scheduling.
Cons: short breaks, the physical duties
Work hours are typically 6-9 hours long. It mostly revolves around preparing and cooking/serving food to recipe and order. Responsibilities include making sure your station is fully stocked at all times, cleaning it thoroughly. Rushes are difficult because many times you are the only one on the station, but if you need help you will always get it from – more... a manager or coworker. Management is good; they listen to you and your problems if there are any, and work around what you need to make accommodations. Flexible scheduling works for those who are in school or have other jobs. – less
fun and fast paced
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 4, 2014
Schedule and work life balance are terrible. There are plenty of opportunities available if you are able to travel. Especially in the kitchen.
productive area to work and develop your technics
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2014
great leadership
good prep dishes
hard to keep up at times but time goes by fast when its like that
chefs are very helpful
team is good communication skills\
hard cleaning after a rush
Productive for the most part.
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discount on food while i'm working or coming in as a guest. health care is good as well.
Cons: the staff could work together a little more.
A typical day at the Cheesecake Factory consists of making guest happy from the time they walk in to the time the leave. I learned how to work well under pressure and handle large amounts of money. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of team work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions between both guests and coworkers. I've – more... met many great people. – less
A company to truly be proud to work for! Great benefits, great pay!
Server (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: 50% food discount, insurance, vacation, advancement opportunity, transfer opportunity
Cons: hard to put your finger on.
In my time at The Cheesecake Factory, I have grown so much as a server. Start training is an awesome, very thorough program that perfectly prepares you for the extensive knowledge that you will need to function at this restaurant. There are 500 menu items to know, long greets and dessert presentations for every table, not to mention you are almost guaranteed – more... to have a full section! I have become a much more well-rounded server, my greets are smoother, I feel less nervous doing my job and I feel confident knowing that I could leave this restaurant having bettered myself in my job.The benefits at The Cheesecake Factory simply cannot be topped. Servers earn vacation days that can either be used or cashed in for a paycheck. They provide great insurance for full-time servers. There is always always always room for advancement. The company allows for feedback through their employee social network, Scoops Live. Anyone can post their ideas to better the company, work tactics, recipes, etc. on the Cake Talk page. Many have been used to improve the company! The team is very interactive, always having events and meetings, new menu roll-outs, etc. There are often offers for transfers to new stores opening all over the country. The transfers usually come with a hefty bonus of $1500+. The business almost never dies, the money is very dependable, and the pride you will learn to take in your work is immense. There is a reason The Cheesecake Factory is in the top 100 companies to work for! – less
a fun place to work at times
Finshing (Current Employee), Battleboro, NCNovember 26, 2014
Cons: one break all day
There are alot of good people their and the work is easy and at times it's a fun place to work.
High End Resturant
Back Of The House Kitchen (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2014
Cheesecake Factory, Los Angeles, CA 3/2011 – 8/2012
Kitchen cleaning
Table setting
Folding Napkins
Most of the employees that worked there were nice to work with, since it was on the strip I was able to serve multiple celebrities.
Food Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
Pros: met my wife there, meeting and seeing so many celebrities, and the huge fish tank out front.
Cons: no breaks, constant working and running for little money, being stiffed, not making enough to pay my bills, and being treated so rude by customers, being talked down to by management, etc...
A typical day at work was running my butt off by taking food and drink orders, doing side work, trying to make customers happy so I can live off of the tips.

What I learned was a ridiculously huge menu.

There were only a few good managers.

My co-workers were pretty good to work with.

The hardest part of my job was running my butt off for table after – more... table and getting ripped off on tips. It is a very exhausting job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and meeting some cool customers. – less
My Cheesecake Factory Family
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2014
Working at the Cheesecake Factory taught me so much in being a team player and how to be a part of a smoothly running business. It taught me to bring the right attitude to work and treat others how I would like to be treated. A typical day at work for me was to come in before my shift and review any big events for the day, prepare for store opening – more... or shift change, and begin my day welcoming guests. Being at the front desk, I was the first person guests had contact with so I knew I had to make an impression and make them feel like they really chose the right place to walk into. Management was always there when we needed them, and helped in every way possible in difficult situatons. The most difficult part of the job was the occasional difficult guest, but let's face it; when you're hungry, 5 minutes feels like a lifetime! I always try to put myself in others shoes and understand where they are coming from so I would avoid getting frustrated with the guests even when they aren't treating me very kindly. Working at the Cheesecake Factory was so rewarding because it was like having another family. I could always rely on my coworkers at work and outside of work. We were like our own little community and took care of each other when in need. Toward the end of my employment at Cheesecake, I would usually come in specifically just for training shifts a couple times a week which was a blast. Knowing the importance of teaching someone their role in a well run machine is a big part of company success. Appreciating your job and knowing exactly how to do it to your best abilities really makes all the difference in a work environment. Thank you Cheesecake Factory for the great experience! – less
hardest part of the job
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MONovember 17, 2014
the end of the day, closing time because it was so many tasks that had to be done in order to leave home from work. Every dish, pot, pan, silver ware had to be clean as well as trash cans, counters, floors, the line etc

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos