The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,666 reviews matching the search
Extremely busy and proactive place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2017
It was a very challenging and also motivating place to work. The restaurant was one of the busiest places to eat in the whole city of San Francisco. I was very rushed and exciting, also very rewarding and humbling. I've worked with many great individuals and the management were team players. I've learned a great deal from this place that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. For example, how to multitask by working efficiently and quickly while dealing with immense pressure.
Can be a good place to work at, but management needs improvement.
Food Runner and Baker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
They are good at giving raises, and it can be a decent place to work at. Management does need improvement. Some managers in my location are lazy and do not know how to manage correctly.
Managers are good.great place to work
Chef,prep,cleaner (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAAugust 16, 2017
It is a good place to work.excellent people to work for.I'm always busy.sometimes it gets really busy and it gets hard to keep up but as long as you can work in a fast paced environment then you're good.it can be a very demanding environment but if you can handle pressure then you will be ok
Pros
Lunces arent free but theyre cheap if you work there
Cons
None really.
Nice spot, easy money
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 16, 2017
run, run, run. and if youre not fast enough, youre going to hear it from the other servers. establish your place quickly as a top dog, and create those relationships with managers and bartenders, or youll be with long ticket times and unhappy tables with not much help.
fast paced- short staffed
Cashier/baker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
Working here was always stressful . Coming to work worrying about other coworkers calling off or quitting. Always busy with no extra help from management.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
no breaks
work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 16, 2017
Expectation was a minimum of 11 hours per day which was monitored closely by everyone on the team. Great product and service. Very structured training and development provided.
Productive and fun work enviroment , great atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 16, 2017
The culture of this company is awesome, fun, productive, and friendly enviroment The only issue I had was with rate of hours per week during the slow part of the season .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many hours in the slow part of the season.
Used to be great, new management turned that around though
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2017
I have worked at this location for over 7 years. Our original GM really cared about his employees. He made sure everyone felt welcome to share their ideas or concerns. When he relocated and a new GM came in no matter how many poor surveys were taken about her the employee moral continued to drop. No one feels comfortable sharing ideas, our concerns are met with disregard, and we have been made to feel like just a number that helps bring in more sales. The company standards are no longer of concern and the cheesecake culture no longer exists. It really is sad to see the store I've been in for so long take a turn like that.
Always busy
Server (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 16, 2017
At my location at Sawgrass Mills it was always busy which was a plus. They worked very well with any schedule request. Very supportive of school and family.
Fast paced, good tips
Baker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
I worked at the Cheesecake factory as a baker for about a year. I loved my managers, but it was often a lot of stress. Breaks would be rare especially during the crazy busy hours (which is when you would need a 15min. break the most). However, the tips were almost always excellent, and you would get a free meal/ bread for those extra long shifts.
Pros
Great tips, awesome managers, occasional free food, friendly co-workers
Cons
Fast paced, stressful, little to no breaks on most busy days, tiresome

Want to know more about The Cheesecake Factory?

Ask a question
Great working environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 15, 2017
Management was great, always willing to accommodate my work needs and willing to help out with the rest of the staff. Workplace culture was inviting; the best part of the job was being able to learn techniques and to apply my skills everyday. The hardest part of working as a line cook was finding someone to cover my shift in situations where I was sick and unable to go into work.
Pros
Work Benefits, welcoming environment, and flexibility
Cons
Managements inability to cover shifts
Busy, great staff but some flaws
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2017
Cheesecake Factory knows how to take care of their employees. The only issue is that the irvine location is so busy , but the fact that there are two bars means bartenders make less money than servers. it is a busy restaurant and managers and staff are like a family.
Pros
great staff, great food, great training
Cons
bartenders don't make much money, tough clientele, busy
Not enough hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 14, 2017
Not enough hours to pay my bills. Need a reliable job that makes me happy and makes me feel welcomed. Need more money per hours. Need a job that will promise me advancement.
Fun and face paced work enviornment
Server/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 14, 2017
Great work life balance and friendly and fun work atmosphere. Well oiled machine with an emphasis on teamwork and delivering consistency and quality.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
work holidays
memorization is your friend here
Server (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 14, 2017
Can be very busy or very slow. There is a lot to remember as far as the menu goes and strict guidelines you have to follow. If you work during the weekdays you make very little money
fast past environment with full support of entire team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
High standards with high volume. achievable goals and positive attitudes is an everyday occurrence. this is where winners work.they have full training that is documented every day. A team driven and friendly environment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
always busy
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 10, 2017
Fast paced restaurant with great atmosphere and delicious good. Staff discounts available and plenty of opportunity to make good money. Coworkers are very friendly and management actually cares about their staff.
Great environment with friendly individuals
Host (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 10, 2017
This is my first host job and I find it to be very self explanatory. The work environment is fast paced but it keeps you on your toes. Your coworkers work hand and hand with you so it makes both your jobs easier.
Pros
Discounts, great people to be around, and great pay.
Cons
There is a high value of people who love this place which causes a wait time on occasion.
Great place of work!
Server (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 10, 2017
I loved to work here! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Management was fantastic, coworkers were great, guests mostly nice and easy to please. i loved it here!
It was a fun company to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
The company itself was a great environment to be in, I was just not to happy with how things were going with management. If those factors could be altered I would love to stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cheesecake Factory Reviews by Location