The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Not the best management
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 16, 2017
While working at The Cheesecake Factory, I had issues with a coworker on a daily basis. The turning point happened when the coworker yelled and screamed and cussed at me at the top of her lungs. Management allowed it to continue and did nothing about it to make sure it would not happen again.
Pros
Great experience for working with food as a food prep.
Cons
Poor management quality.
You get out what you put in
Server (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 16, 2017
You have to work the longer shifts in the good sections to make the most money, as it is tip based salary. Discounts on food. Good work culture: friendly and supportive coworkers. A good company to work for in case of relocation since there are locations everywhere.
Great place to get started as a server
Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 15, 2017
I loved working here and I learned a lot, unfortunately there wasn’t much room for advancement in my opinion and that was a deal breaker for me. But its a great place to get experience and learn the basics
good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 14, 2017
better than some other restaurants.if looking for a job i would say go for it if they are hiring. wont hurt to try if you are used to the restaruant life. good luck on your searches
Corporate Management is an issue
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 14, 2017
Management can only handle things according to the corporate guidelines and sometimes those guidelines may be extremely unfair to the employees. i.e. giving write ups for something the employee has no control over.
Pros
Great training program
Cons
management is a joke
General Manager/International Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 13, 2017
Wonderful place to work at. If you are in the restaurant industry this is the best place to be working at. Tons of opportunity to grow, amazing people to work with. Its the best place to dine at and has the latest in technology and cutting edge systems.
Pros
Amazing company
Cons
Lots of work and stressful. Always on the go.
Great place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2017
if you want to start cooking and learn all the ropes this is the place to do it is a 500 company and they teach you very well. and the food isn't that bad either, lol
Pros
good people
Cons
no free lunch
Very fun place to work where you would leave with a lot of knowledge.
Bartender/Server/Expo (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 12, 2017
I would never recommend someone work there until a certain manager leaves, but besides that one person i loved the job. The environment is like a family.
Horrible management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CADecember 12, 2017
The dishwashing is constant and endless. And that’s to be expected. However the managers are constantly complaining that the work needs to be done faster. We would have 4-5 dishwashers on each shift but we could never stay ahead of the work to the satisfaction of supervisors. And we worked frantically and very hard every day. To make the situation worse, the supervisor would come into the kitchen and bark orders at us with a mean and degrading tone.
The supervisors with the exception of one, were mean and disrespectful.
Pros
Pay rate, availability of hours
Cons
Impossible work load, rude manager and waiters, too many bosses
exciting
Line cook (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2017
good place to work, because of the broad menu. learned how to cook many dishes, as well as learning to be faster with high volume.management pushed hard for you to do better. had to work well as a team.
Pros
free food
Cons
low wage
It's where I learned self discipline
Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2017
Working here was very difficult, mentally and physically. The portions here are huge and so are the plates. Big and heavy. I would stand on my feet for 10-12 hours a day, running food and serving tables. It was fun, challenging, compensating and worthwhile. Would I do it again? I would...
Pros
Great Opportunity to Make SERIOUS Money
Cons
Hard Work, Long Hours, No Benefits.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2017
i did line work the employs are very nice the the hours are good your put on different lines everyday so that u can learn how to make different cheesecake
Good training
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 11, 2017
Good training and have opportunity to grow. Provide an excellent costumer services. The managers are friendly and always have open door for us. Everyone follow directions and do the right to make a happy costumers. Carry plates and heavy trays are the hardest part of the job. The mos enjoyable part is eating cheese cakes at 50%off.
Pros
Good training
Cons
poor benefits
Managment doesnt care if u have needs.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 7, 2017
Management there doesn't carre about youre life, they can careless if you have a daughter on the weekends they still want u to work. If they fix that then it would b fine.
Server/Trainer
Server (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 7, 2017
Amazing company to work for. I never had an issue with the company. One of the best restaurant I ever worked for. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Amazing Pay
Cons
Some bad sections
Very high paced during busy times
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2017
Great money if you work and take care of your guest. Can be stressful at times due to the cliental but anyone that has served in Atlanta has probably had their experiences before already. I worked before gratuity was taken away. I cannot say if it affected pay after. If you handle your job well you'll almost never need management anyways. Most hourly positions are paid well so you're not usually affected by having lazy employees working with you
Pros
One half priced meal per day, with their large portions it was sometimes good enough to be saved for 2 meals, great excercise, meet a lot of ppl
Cons
no breaks at all really (unless you were slow), most fellow employees are drug addicts (also common in industry)
Fast paced
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 6, 2017
very fast paced environment. Training, development of staff and Managers. Scheduling, ordering cheesecakes. Did manager support and traveled around to several Cheesecake factories
Pros
fun
Productive and beneficial
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2017
The Cheesecake Factory is a diverse place to work. There are people from different backgrounds working together as a team. Daily interaction with numerous customers. The environment is mainly relaxed but can become super stressful. It is a fun place to work and to grow in different skills.
Pros
Free meals for scheduled doubles, managers willing to talk if needed, great pay
Cons
stressful environment at times, late hours
Poor management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJDecember 5, 2017
Horrible experience working for this company. Unpoly managers. Long hours with no breaks. People are very noise and they dont know how to hire… very disappointed.
a typical day at work
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be high paced environment where how much work you put into the product and brand helps you succeed. Working together as a team and unit helped bring more guest to enjoy an amazing dining experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.