The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, flexible hours, great co-workers, family oriented
Cons: Short breaks, late hours, irregular schedule
A typical day at work included answering phones and making reservations for guests, leading guests to their tables, providing menus and information on specials of the day, and helping out the bakery department when needed.

I learned how to improve on providing excellent customer service, practicing patience in difficult customer scenarios, and learning different tricks of the trade in restaurant business.

The hardest part of my job was having to stand for long periods of time, but the most enjoyable part was being able to provide people with a pleasant experience at the restaurant.
good
Busser (Former Employee), west palm beachJune 27, 2015
Buena conpania para trabajar , horario flexibles, lo unocoi malo es que el trabajo es poco apreciado por los managers... en general no es malo
The greatest serving job there is
Server (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: No guaranteed breaks on doubles
Working for The Cheesecake Factory is special. Being a server, the options when finding a restaurant to work in are endless. There simply is no higher morale than at Cheesecake. The benefits are simply unheard of for servers. Vacation days that can be cashed in, great insurance opportunities, 401k, the whole nine yards!
extremely fast paced action-packed environment
Lead Hostess (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYJune 24, 2015
Pros: upbeat environment, 50% off meals
Cons: Can't make every guest happy.
Fast paced non stop type of environment. I've learned that I as a person have a great amount of patient, and work well with groups and indiviuals. My management and co workers are like a family. We help each when needed. The hardest part of my job is that I unfortunately can not make every guest happy. Most enjoyable part of my job is the recognition I receive and becoming the face/person the guests' look for when they step into the building.
Not the best place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Greenwood IndianaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Half off food
Cons: Not enough breaks, bad management
Typical day at work was fast paced, and enjoyable due to the other employees. I learned how to please a customer and how to cash people out. The management here was absolutely terrible, you could be throwing up or have diarrhea, and they would make you stay and work. You could have a family emergency or request a day off for important reasons, they would not give them to you. They never respected your needs outside of work, weather you have children or not. My co-workers... well I got along with most of them. But a lot of those employees who work their are involved in drugs, and it's like high school drama all over again. Hardest part of the job is when we are very busy, and costumer's became very impatient with our wait time. Most enjoyable part of my job would have to have been the food!
Always Busy. Always Rewarding.
Busser (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAJune 23, 2015
A very busy restaurant but with the proper skills, the tips made the job worth it. You have to be a multitasker to work here.
If You're Looking for Flexibility, Great. If You Want Long Term, No.
Baker (Former Employee), Novi, MIJune 21, 2015
Pros: Free Bread, 50% during shifts, 20% Sun-Thurs while dining in, Pay Rate
Cons: Illtempered Coworkers, Incompetent and Unappreciative Management, May shorten hours without notice
This place is pretty good for those in college or high school that want something flexible but pays decent. Management is okay. Our bakery manager was understanding and tried to be accommodating but sometimes it didn't work out. In Bakery or Serving, alot of people felt they were above you and felt entitled to alot because of seniority. It was very clique-y and very rude atmosphere amongst co-workers. You will constantly hear about people that quit because of the girls (and guys) attitudes. It's sad when your coworkers hate their jobs and treat you bad especially if their day is horrible. Oh, and dont tell your managers about situations because unless you are a favorite or it's not about their favorites, nothing will get done about it. alot of the managers have favorites or turn the other cheek when things go wrong unless they absolutely love you. The best part about the job was $10/ hour and the worst part was the coworkers. If you can handle rude and disrespectful attitudes, incompetent managers and hectic schedules, you'll love it.
Fun but very demanding
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJune 17, 2015
People where great but managment was very demanding. They expect you to work open to close shifts without breaks, and expect the highest from you even when your opening and closing 4 nights in a row.
fast paced fun environment
Waitress (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJJune 15, 2015
everyone was always willing to help each other in when one got too overwhelmed with work. Fast paced environment, always on your feet running back and forth from the kitchen to your guests. guests needs were always satisfied. guest were always everyones number one propriety. We always made sure guest food would come out on a good time.
Generally a great place to work
Waitstaff (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2015
I love working at The Cheesecake Factory and will absolutely miss the customers, co workers and management when I move on to my career as a paralegal and continue my education.
Great company
Server] (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good money, good management.
Cons: You're a server.
Great coworkers, and they seem to take care of their staff. The company takes great care to make sure their employees are taken care of. Great at working around your schedule.
Don't work at the Sugarland location!
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Sugarland, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Free Food Sometimes
Cons: Management, Long hours
The hours are long and stressful. This place may be the bomb from the guest's perspective but all the employees hate it there. The management team sucks and don't know anything when it comes to effectively managing a restaurant which is kind of sad. They also treat their employees inhumanely. I once worked for a solid 7-8 hours without receiving any time to eat or at least sit down. The job culture was okay. People were friendly sometimes but when rush hour came, everybody turns hostile and just wants to get their own work done. There isn't really a sense of cooperation. The worst part about the job was the scheduling. It was not uncommon to see that they scheduled you to work doubles three days in a row!
High-stress workplace
Server and trainer in one (Current Employee), NashvilleJune 9, 2015
Pros: Corporate structure, free lunches, busy
Cons: clientele, some poor management practices
The Cheesecake Factory is an overall excellent company. The quality of management varies from location to location, ranging from absolutely excellent to mediocre at best. The clientele varies as well and can be quite bad. Work is very fast paced and demanding.
Awful Experience
BAR/FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 7, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: everything else
The money is great, but thats about it. Managers talk to other managers and employees like worthless human beings, poorly managed restaurant
Will never go back.
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 7, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: mangers, no breaks, clientele
Your coworkers become your family, it's a bond that I will always share. I think its because when it comes who to rely on,its them.
Them GM is never there, he doesn't know whats going on and has his favorites.
There are seriously only two mangers that really care about you and the place but you can tell that the attitude and the environment is slowly eating them away.
As for the kitchen managers the good ones don't stay. They literally get by on mediocracy. They disappear when something is needed, but don't worry he is probably in the parking lot downing a 20 oz.
The clientele is horrible, and know that if they complain enough they will get it for free. The tips are great because of the volume. 20 bad tips do end up evening out.
n/a
Server (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
very hard work, sometimes bad customers, but over all ok. very busy, prepare to lose your weekends. most everyone you work with is pretty nice though.
productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 2, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
I started out doing the pulling orders for the cheesecake factory to be sent out to the different stores. I was then put on the production line boxing the cheesecake and putting them on pallets.
Great job, wonderful clientele and delicious food.
Train new servers and floor staff (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: free food if you worked a double
Cons: didn't really like the uniforms
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work. Everyday was a new adventure with wonderful desserts, and a dining experience you'll never forget. The management was the best I've ever had the opportunity to work for and my co-workers are still great friends of mine. The only thing I disliked about my job were the uniforms, I don't think all white is very appealing and my most favorite part of my job was making my customers smile. I love making people happy.
Great Environment
available for any job open (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PaMay 31, 2015
Pros: fast past work, getting job done correctly
Cons: alot of breaks
I will get the job intended to me complete. I love to work at a fast past and I am responsible, respectful, an at my best work to satisfy the costomers. I catch on fast to the job assigned to me. I would never unprofessional work. An avoid all unprofessional conflict. I am at work to get the job done. I am also a great team member.
great place
DT Server (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMay 31, 2015
great place to work
great company
highy recommend
great benefits
Managers take care of the staff
Very team orienated
Staff is great

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Salaries