The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Forbes top 100 company's to work for
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee), Calabasas, CaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Supportive environment
Cons: commute to Calabasa from LA
Excellent culture and work environment. Have been doing freelance photography for 15 years here at CCF. Typically menu items, video and still and corporate portraiture.
Great place to work!
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free food, travel, discounts
Cons: Late Hours
I loved my time at the Cheesecake Factory. I was able to fly to different cities to open and train new stores. When I was at my home store I was a cashier and trainer. All of my managers were awesome as well as my co-workers. The only downfall of working at any restaurant is once you have kids, it's hard to work 'peak' hours since it's usually at night.
Overall Good
Cashier/Baker/Busser (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2015
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work in. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and soon enough you become a family. My only con about this company was management. I felt they wouldn't take authority as they should, they were leniant about many things where they should have been stern. But coworkers are amazing!
Great place to work! Fun atmosphere
Server (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch on a double
Cons: bad management
Great way to make fast money, always on a wait. Easy sidework, and fun staff. Free food when working a double, and 50% when working any shift. Only downfall is lack of management.
Interesting
Server (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 13, 2015
People who work her, become obsessed with the company. I don't know how or why... it's fine though. Money is regular and the food is the best.
Fast steady on point and ready
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: get off early
Cons: nice coworkers and work at own pace but fast
have to be in fit to be able to throw heavy garbage and fast pace jumping on and off the truck. Have to be fit and energized to keep up.
Fast-paced, high volume, great sales, hard work
Kitchen manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free meals, bonuses based on performance, great healthcare, two days off per week
Cons: long hours, you get overworked easily
Your typical workday was long and depending on the quality of the staff, there was an overload of babysitting. Our management was for the most part, some of the most caring an highly productive individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Difficult management but wonderful employees
Cook (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 6, 2015
A typical day at work can vary depending on the management of the day/night, no disrespect but some of the kitchen managers were so mediocre and acted as if no interest was given. I really learned how to understand and handle all types of job environments and how to adapt to all situations professionally. The FOH Management were very understanding and hard working while the BOH Managent made it seem like they were there only for their checks and not for the presentation, happinenss, or satisfaction of our company customers or employees. The other chefs were very hard working and focused on making sure the food and plates were presented way beyond the standard method. The hardest part of the job was the finishing of other employees jobs etc. closing, final orders, and food placements. The most enjoyable moments are just cooking the food and making sure the customers love the food we place in front of them and make them want to return.
Great Company
Head Grill Chef (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I found it easy to not only utilize my food industry experience but enhance it as well.
Busy restaurant
Cook (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks, busy
Not enough hours or pay It will burn out cooks. Extremely fast pace cooking but the people are nice and the food is good. nothing left to tell
Restuarants are great places to learn about people and society
Designated Trainer (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJMarch 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare and flexibility in schedule
Cons: no steady paycheck, physically demanding, negative environment
The day began with an employee meeting, discussions included mission and vision of company along with anything that was not available for the day.
The restaurant was always busy and therefore always moving. A highly diverse clientele was present and it allowed me to learn about new cultures and food habits.
I learned how to stay calm and collected during stressful times due to hostility with co-workers, unsatisfied clients, and negativity.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with certain clientele who would consistently complain and attempt to get free handouts, these characters would degrade and devalue their servers, acting as if the server was a second class citizen.
On a higher note, often I would train employees that were excited and willing to work. It brought joy to see these new employees not yet tainted by the overload and stress of this job.
Keeps you busy.
Busser (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: bad pay
This job was alright however, working as a busser you rely on the servers to tip you on top of only 5 an hour which I was not happy with. When the holidays are around you make good money but when its slow its not even worth your time. I left because they refused to train me in any other position.
Prep work
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Edison, NJMarch 1, 2015
Felt like working a over night shift eventhough it was suppose ot be a dinner shift.
Most of the people that worked there were friendly while other were very secluded.
Fun and fast paced place to work
Head Hostess (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: vacation time, wages, benefits
Cons: hours, paid time off
A typical day at The Cheesecake Factory consists of seating guests in a timely manner and meet their requirements as far as what sections they would like to sit in. When working for Cheesecake Factory I learned how to resolve guest issues, answer multi-telephone lines, and efficiently seat guests. Management was very helpful and worked with all employees well. The people I worked with were amazing and full of energy. The hardest part of the job was the late hours required to work while having a kid. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Good Place with understanding People
Baker (Former Employee), Colonie NyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly people, free bread & soup
Cons: no set out time
If the food industry has your heart and that is where you want to be, then by all means head over. I had 0 time for myself and holidays are expected.
Fast pace environment with diverse settings and fun times.
Server (Current Employee), san franciscoFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare and benefits
Cons: waived breaks
the cheesecake factory is a job that I would recommend for a more experienced server with an outgoing personality and positive attitude. I love my coworkers they have been so helpful and influential since day one.
The most fast paced kitchen I've ever seen
Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: location, benefits, people
Typical Friday night has 20 cooks on the line feeding 2500 guests in 6 hours. Consistancy is always the challenge with so many personalities to appease to.
productive and fun workplace
Dish Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: healthcare
managers are great , most enjoyable part was to be able learn thing i never knew , my co-workers were very educated , hardest part was when the batch was too thick too pump
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
...... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. lots of fun, staff is always up beat. management team seems to care about the food and staff.
fast paced work, no hours. found my self paying just to get to work
Busser (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 22, 2015
the position i had was a bussing position, everybody excluding me spoke spanish making it nearly impossible to communicate or befriend my co-workers. The hours i worked were emberressing but the pay was decent. it would be a nice second job i guess, but even then the payoff doesnt match the workload

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos