The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory United States Employee Reviews

Stressful, bad management
Cashier trainer/to-go girl and Hostess (Former Employee), Novi, MIMay 5, 2015
Cons: no breaks-at all, bad management
I worked at the restaurant in Michigan and it was the most stressful, non-balanced work life/environment I had ever experienced. I was there for a year and a half and couldn't wait to leave once I got the opportunity to do so.
Great
Hostess (Current Employee), novi, miMay 1, 2015
Great place to work. Great environment, very professional staff. Flexible hours. Most enjoyable part is interacting with guest.
Productive ,get along with others
Production Worker (Current Employee), Battleboro, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: they give away safety gifts
Cons: short breaks and its thrid shift
not knowing what time we getting off one minute it be this time and the next be anywhere from one two hrs later and they don't give raises and reconize the hard workers in my dep just the others
Warm and Friendly Envirnoment
Hostess (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2015
Managers are always engaging and there when help is needed. The whole restuarant works as a team to help one another succeed.
Wish it could've lasted forever
Server (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2015
I loved working here. I gained a lot of experience and everyone was so fun and unique!
i was always busy and made great money
the hardest part was when people didnt think they needed to tip
family resturant
Server (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: scheduling
The pay is good but the management and employees suck. The schedules were bias and you basically had to suck up to get a good schedule. This was one of my worst jobs and I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
good company to work at.
Busser/Silver ware cleaner/Production (Current Employee), Danbury,CTApril 27, 2015
Pros: no benefitts
Cons: no sick leave
fun,fast paste,easy going,unexpected things happen everyday no matter what.team work effort through the whole shift.,My tips I get at the end of a hard day of work.
Highly fact paced, nonstop enviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Very short breaks, life consuming
A typical day at cheesecake factory consists of making food for guests throughout your whole shift. Only one Cheesecake Factory in Tampa, and one of the busiest restaurants in the area, management was great, coworkers did well on teamwork. Hardest part of the job is being on my feet for eight plus hours a day, with no breaks. But I love the fast pace, fun enviroment.
Great Company
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FlApril 25, 2015
The Cheesecake Factory is an awesome company to work for. I am just looking to advance into management. The environment is upbeat and progressive.
FUN WORK PLACE
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Metairie, LAApril 24, 2015
THE CHEESE CAKE FACTORY CAN BE FUN. BUT THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS, AND THEIRS NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT. THEY ALWAYS TELLING US THAT WE NEED TO FIND OUT REPLACEMENTS, AS IF WE ARE THE HIRING MANAGEMENTS.
Good job for the right person
Bartender (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, schedule flexibility
Cons: inconsistent money
I've worked at The Cheesecake Factory for the last 2 and a half years, it's been both a great experience and also a draining one. Typical day is the basic serving job, cheesecake focuses more on customer satisfaction, so great hospitality is a must and were known to get difficult guests because of this. Co-workers are usually nice, and helpful. Hardest part of the job is doing the same thing leaves me wanting more responsibility and challenges. Great job for someone in college or side job for some extra cash.
A great atmosphere to work in with great productivity and good team members
bartender/designated trainer/shift leader (Former Employee), Greenwood, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed getting to know people rather it be guests, new servers, or management.
I would come in and open the bar. I washed and cut all fresh fruit and garnishes for the day. I prepared all fresh juices for drinks. I set up the bar and prepared for guests. Made sure all liquor was pulled that I needed. Once the restaurant was open and guest were seated I would greet them right away. Present any recommendations on our menu. Get the guest started with a fresh beverage. We also offered fresh bread. Ask the guest if they had any questions. In the meantime I would prepare any drinks ordered by any of the servers in the bar be it alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Obtain my guests order and ring it in correctly. Supply the guest with any condiments needed for their meal. Refresh their beverage without guest asking or as needed. Maintain the bar duties at the same time. Make sure food prepared properly for the guest and follow up to make sure their experience is satisfying. Present check in orderly fashion on drop off and pick up. Clear off all unneeded items on the table. Make sure all items remained stocked for smooth shift. The hardest part of the job was to make sure all bar drinks were made in orderly time as well as take care of my personal guest but at the same time that is what I enjoyed. I enjoy the fast pace and most of all I love getting to meet new people or just having my regular guests. If a guest walks away happy than it makes my job more rewarding...
DGS
Prepping the Dish (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2015
This company is a really good company the management the employees and the way they treat the employees is good. Breaks are given on the regular basis you get paid the hours that you work for exactly.
relaxed working environment
Front Desk Hostess/Curbside (Former Employee), N. Bethesda, MarylandApril 20, 2015
Pros: tips, flexible schedule, great co workers
Cons: late hours on weekends, working holidays
Very fun and relaxed environment, felt like I could talk to management about anything. A lot of teamwork in the restaurant.
Very flexible scheduling accommodations
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Bay Shore, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Not enough salary/benefits
The Cheesecake Factory is a place where I am able to essentially make my own schedule, but the positions given appear to be random. As far as I have seen the shifts are not given out in a performance base. My co-workers are close knit, and they often work together as a team, which I really find as a considerable pro to this job. The biggest shortfall is the amount of business generated in this location. I do not have much to compare it to, as I have not work in any other Chessecake Factory, but I am looking for a change.
It is a great and fun company to work for.
prep-cook (Former Employee), Beavercreek OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: They provide you with free meals when you working on your shift
Cons: You don't normally get 40 hours a week
They are a great and fun company to work for. The management are very friendly and the employees are also very friendly. They also give employees treats especially during holidays.
The GM needs to get off his pedestal.
Bakery (Former Employee), Braintree, MAApril 13, 2015
Managers where all very sleazy, co-workers were not bad to work with but at the same time many of them were questionable and had a "hookup" to be hired. Not really professional at all and no room for promotion unless you sucked up to the GM.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Freehold, NJApril 13, 2015
The following error occurred:
saute chef hours and work
Saute Chef (Current Employee), Escondido, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks, takes tole on body
hard labor work hours, non stop conditions. quality of food and product must be top tier. Cheesecake factory is a great company to work for, but the hours are long and work is stressful, management puts recipes in priority and lack food knowledge.
Very busy
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2015
Very corporate
Lots of food items to remember
online scheduling is a plus
Lots of serving shifts available
very hard to advance yourself

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Salaries