The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Great place
Hostess & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 9, 2016
Flexible with scheduling, great pay and management. I worked here for almost 2 years and they really strive to keep their staff happy and feel appreciated.
fast paced work environment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2016
training is two weeks and even afterwards you might be a bit lost. The menu is long and you are required to recall all items and their ingredients in addition to having wine knowledge.
Pros
tips are great!!
Team Oriented
Server (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 8, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory has a very team based system and centers around every one working together. My fellow hourly staff members made it a great place to go back to every day for the past 2 years. Although that was great, I believe it is definitely the management staff that can make or break a job. With that being said, The Cheesecake Factory's management staff are some of the greatest people i have ever had the pleasure of working with. They will always go out of their way to make sure you are happy and succeeding.
Pros
Development of people skills. Great money
Cons
N/A
Im so cheesecake
Server (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 8, 2016
Recommended and helped customers select food based on their needs. Exchanged returned meals for customers quickly and efficiently. Informed customers about specials and promotions in a friendly and engaging manner. Trained new employees on company customer service policies and service level standards. I thoroughly explained the characteristics and descriptions of food items to customers. Effectively handled customer complaints and special requests. Provided prompt, efficient, friendly, and quality service at all times. Accurately balanced cash register at all times also carried large amounts of cash throughout every shift. Accurately and quickly calculated checks and calculated change. Operated credit card machines correctly and quickly. Greeted newly seated guests in a friendly and timely manner. Confirmed accuracy of orders against requisitions.
Pros
company benefits fun enviorment flexibility
Cons
no breaks late hours
Extremely busy work enviroment with opportunity to make a lot of money.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 5, 2016
Non stop action at one of the busiest restaurants I've ever worked. I usually ran the largest, busiest , and most difficult areas of the restaurant. On an average night I would walk with about $150. I really enjoyed the consistency of the business.The staff tends to be a little lazy overall so you must be on top of your section at all times. The hardest part of my job was having to rely on other waiters and food runners that didn't always come through.The management does their best with a staff so large.
Pros
Very good money.
Cons
Inexperienced young wait staff that doesn't really care.
Great place to start
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYFebruary 1, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory was a great starting point towards my career in management. I managed a staff of over 220 people and learned the financial and budgeting side of a $12M operation.
Benefits
Cons
Slow career advancement
great Compensation
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Chaotic
High energy
Upbeat
Hard to find a manager EVER
Kitchen was INCREDIBLE
Desert bar was SLOW
Bussers were mostly fantastic
Dishwashers were constantly behind
Pros
great money
Cons
mediocre management
very high paced
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
very high paced . Your day goes by very fast almost no boring days. store is very busy which gives good job security because as long as we arte that successful we will always be open. all workers very friendly. everybody helps everybody. managers are always ready to show you something if you need help. Always open to any questions you may have.
Pros
we get to play our music while working
Cons
sometimes hard to complete your daily assignments
Love The Cheesecake Factory
Host (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2016
The environment is very enjoyable to work in. I have a heart for people so its easy for me to accommodate for the guests needs. Overall The Cheesecake Factory has a lot to offer to the public and to there employees.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 27, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory gave me a wonderful opportunity to be promoted to manager and developed to learn restaurant and management systems. They offer competitive pay and great benefits. The hours are long and it is hard to establish a routine in life. Great place for those beginning their careers.
Pros
Great place to learn and be promoted. Fast growing. Great benefits
Cons
Long hours. Working evenings, weekends and holidays.
Not bad
Server (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEJanuary 27, 2016
Busy all anything! You make great money, usually every shift is a good one. However, the managers can be bullies and unprofessional.
Fast paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2016
Very fast paced environment with challenging goals that drive performance.Each day is a new challenge with the hand made from scratch kitchen and large aggressive goals.
good
Hostess/Baker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2016
good pay, great co workers, good place for flexibility and in school. good management team. its alot of work, so prepare to work hard.
Review
Lead Host (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Its a good place to work, it fairly new place. Its always busy because the location. Lenox mall brings in alot of different guest throughout the day.
exciting and overwhelming at times
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 23, 2016
very busy everyday. great co-workers. great food. can get overwhelming from all the orders at one time. never a doll moment. very hard to learn all the ingredients that are put in all the different meals. very fast past
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Enjoyable work environment.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting/talking to new people. I also love my co-workers and grinding together so that we all can make as much money as possible.

The hardest part of my job is maintaining the same standard of excellence I personally hold myself to even when people get on your nerves or are unreasonable. But at the end of the day I love bartending.
family-like work company
Hostess/cashier/baker (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2016
great place to work if your open to having lots of friends and people who care about you! A typical day at work is busy and fast placed. What i learned was how to be a filler which is a lead hostess. My co workers are amazing. The hardest part is keeping up with the fast pace in the bakery.
Cons
not enough hours
Downtown Chicago.
Team Leader/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Extremely busy workplace in the middle of downtown Chicago. Very fun and energizing environment. Great benefits program.
Fun hardwork and pays great
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Working at the CheeseCake Factory was an amazing experience throughout the time i was employed there. Amazing staff hours and pay.
Pros
the job was near my home.
Cons
getting paid every two week
Great Place to work
server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Cheesecake is a great company to work for. They provide a fun environment and offer great benefits. I love working at the cheesecake factory