The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Loved it!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
I worked for cheesecake as a host for a year. It was very rewarding, fast paced but fun!! I was really good at interacting with people that they eventually made me a crowd pleaser during the holidays ! I recommend this job!
Pros
Food food food! Lol great coworkers
Cons
Very busy! A lot of hours
fun work enviorment
Server (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 18, 2017
I love working at the Cheesecake Factory. Everyone is a team player, and works together. I don't intend on leaving, I'm looking for a second job where my skills can be used.
Pros
discounts on meals when working
Cons
nothing bad to say
Great people and great food
Broil Cook (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with people who were always ready to help and work side by side to get the job done. It was an atmosphere of reality checks everyday because I am never too experience to not learn more
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks
Great Company
Senior Manager II (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2017
Very Busy restaurants great corporate culture however depending on your unit Manger quality of life can be very difficult. Most Managers were single or divorced as home life was difficult to balance. Compensation was great.
Extremely poor management
Kitchen Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2017
It was very fast-paced kitchen most things being scratch made. The work environment at the location I worked at was very bad and that was in direct coalition with management.
Pros
Cheep employee meals
Cons
Terrible management
Quick pace, good money but very frustrating at times
Busser (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at CCF can go at a quick pace or rather slow, sometimes in between. Management does whatever they can to ensure the best experience for guests but not always their employees. However CCF does have a great workplace culture and has a friendly family environment for the most part. The hardest part of the job can be on a busy day when multiple tasks are asked to be done at once. But the most enjoyable part is when all work groups come together as a team to achieve absolute guest satisfaction. I've learned a lot during my four year employment here but most important is to obtain a sense of urgency,
Very fast paced work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
The Cheese cake factory is a very cool factory that sells different varieties of food that servers and bussers must help out or contain a proper work area for customers to dine.
Love/hate relationship
Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2017
I’ve worked for Cheesecake for years at many different locations. Company wide, certain things seem to remain the same: overworked management which leads to them not caring about the staff, wretched clientele who mistreat staff regularly and tip poorly (if at all), stressful work environments with little opportunity for breaks, great benefits for employees but little regard for their well being during actual shifts.
And if you’re applying for bartender, you should know that they are only promoted from within. You’ll have to start as a server first even with a lot of experience.
Some locations, Sarasota, FL being one, do very little volume and not much money is made.
Pros
Food discounts, free meal if you are a shift leader, ability to pick up extra shifts, good benefits, room for advancement
Cons
No breaks, awful clientele, poor management, favoritism
summary
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at The Cheesecake Factory is filled with prepping, stocking, cooking, multi-tasking and communicating with management staff. The hardest part of the job is running out of ingredients and having to wait for prep cooks to prepare while I'm waiting to sell an item.
Busy restaurant with good operating procedures in place
Server (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 12, 2017
I learned a lot about multitasking with grace and putting my own opinions/judgments aside to get the job done and earn my money. Some truly incredible coworkers helped make the stressful moments better, and mostly, management is friendly, professional, and reasonable. Not the place to learn how to wait tables, you will be weeded before you know what's happening. Can take some time to get those closing shifts where the real money is made, but mostly a meritocracy among a seasoned and knowledgable crew.
Very Productive and Professional Work place
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 10, 2017
love working at The cheesecake factory, my co-workers and managers are very friendly and flexible. I enjoy working there and recommend it to anyone looking to work in a restaurant environment. 10/10
Fast Paced and nice coworkers
Part time Buser (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 10, 2017
I enjoy working here, great co workers, very fast paced and you get a food discount each day you work of 50%. Pay is very reasonable and get paid daily in tips.
Pros
Discount on food and daily pay
Cons
Long work nights
horrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston MANovember 10, 2017
The worst server experience Ive ever had. The menu is gigantic and it make sit difficult to really know your menu well, and make good recommendations.Its too hectic and difficult logistically to take care of your tables. too demanding..so service is compromised.
Pros
decent food
Temporary
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 8, 2017
Steady. Variety of menu. Large potions prices are reasonable. You can share an entree because very large.
Fast service. Good dessert. No reservations on the weekend.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
To many servers
Productive and Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 7, 2017
Serving
Sociable
Professional work environment
The typical work day would start of by clocking in, then after you would receive tables with guests right away. Which meant there was always something to do or get done along with guests being served. The work life at the cheesecake factory was very balanced as well as being a team environment.
Pros
discounted meals
Very high paced
Sautee Cook (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
lack of proper food management made work very hard. Benefits were well worth it the working hours were short but high paced. Lack of diversity made it difficult to advance.
Life at The Cheesecake Factory
Designated Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHNovember 6, 2017
Great position for students and those looking for supplemental income, very diverse and supportive staff and management, room for advancement in hospitality field
Working With The Company
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 6, 2017
They take time to make sure you are properly trained. They give you amazing training materials. It's easy to move up in the company if you are interested. They are very understanding when family issues arise.
Good Part Time
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 6, 2017
I did enjoy working a here. It;s definitely a high stress environment. If you don;t have thicker skin. I wouldn't apply. I was only here temporarily to make some extra cash. It's a good way to break inot the food industry, but it can be a lot to handle.
Tought me to move fast
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 6, 2017
1 opened the Cheesecake Factory in West Hartford.Cheesecake was a super fun time for me.300 400 covers a night and at times nights that wouldn't stop. all in all my time working there gave me speed. The work place was friendly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.