The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,043 reviews matching the search
hard but steady work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  raliegh ncAugust 22, 2016
do your job to the best of your ability
I learned a lot about making and preparations for my station. portion control is a must,
Pros
free food
Cons
mostly spanish speaking
Great Place, great food, and great friends
Server Responsibility (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYAugust 18, 2016
I love the restaurant that I work at. I love and enjoy the company of not only the management but my fellow serves, bartenders, busboys, and hostesses. We all may seem wacky and goofy but we all work towards the same goal, great memories.
Pros
Taste Testing, Food
Cons
Short Breaks, not having included gratuity
Flexible job with great tips and benefits, but management leaves much to be desired.
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2016
For a job in the restaurant industry, I've been impressed with how much corporate cares about their staff. From a five-star training program to recognition and top-of-the-industry benefits and perks, Cheesecake as a whole has a great culture. Not to mention the flexibility they provide each and every one of their staff.

However, the same cannot be said of the management at my particular location. Except for one incredible manager I'm fortunate enough to work with quite regularly, I am very disappointed as the extremely laissez faire attitudes of most of the management at my location, as well as the lack of passion and dedication to the Cheesecake culture. The restaurant industry is notorious for picking favorites and putting those who have been in the restaurant the longest higher up in the pecking order. I expected this to be a rarity given what I learned about the Cheesecake culture going into my position, but I continue to see this being the norm on a daily basis.

Overall, I'm really torn because I see high hopes for my restaurant and have a lot of pride in working with this Fortune 500 company. But if management continues to forget about important details like providing all staff with clean supplies, giving all servers a chance to experience all sections of the restaurant, and boosting staff morale on a regular basis, it's going to be tough keeping on the staff that really bring a lot to the table.
Pros
Fun, diverse coworkers (for the most part). Employee recognition, EXCELLENT compensation and benefits, and a flexible schedule.
Cons
A lack of caring on behalf of management, important standards don't seem to be recognized by most of management, and not a consistent experience among other Cheesecake Factory locations in our area.
good days when the production go on
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 1, 2016
Every day there is something to learn with co-workers,management team,and good for free lunch,and the hardest part of day ,when the equipment stop for bad conditions
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Fast-paced, growing company, and lots of opportunity!
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 1, 2016
You make great money and lots of friends! Lots of opportunity to transfer or open new restaurants in any part of the US or different countries if you desire!
Pros
30 minute breaks for every 5 hours worked, healthcare, busy
Cons
disrespectful management, lack of tools
Fun placed
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2016
get to work with all young people. Its a great company to work for because where I am right now because of The Cheesecake Factory. Its a very challenging job to work at and menus and items are overwhelming which I felt made me very challenging person anywhere I work. Managers are over polite depends on which one and how long you know them. They always accommodate my working hours just like the way I wanted. Obviously you have to there for longer period to get that reputation. Overall I loved worker there and in future reference I might go back just for some extra pocket money
I love this job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2016
I wish I never had to leave but unfortunately , circumstances had us move to another city. This was the best restaurant that I have worked at thus far. I love the management and everybody there.
Fun place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 25, 2016
Greeting both arriving and departing customers in a very friendly manner. Provide utmost assistance to every customer like assisting them to their seats, providing them the menu list, introducing them to their server; Manage the Waiting List. Complete all delegated tasks assigned; Knowledge on products and services offered. Knowledge of all the operating procedures and policy guidelines.
hostess with the mostest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 24, 2016
a typical day at work was a very busy, hectic restaurant. I learned to have a lot of patience and how to always have a smile on my face, no matter how stressed you may be. My co- workers were all very nice. The hardest part of the job was probably the non- flexible schedule as well as learning the seating chart of the restaurant. The most enjoyable part about the job was always learning something new about food or a beverage.
Pros
50% off food while working 25% off meals when not on shift
Cons
no definite break
Former Bakery Supervisor
Cashier and accounting information (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 22, 2016
I worked at Cheesecake Factory in two different locations. One was amazing to work for, from the management to my coworkers they all were positive and happy to be there. The second location was polar opposite! I wish I had never been given the chance to leave because I probably would still work for them.
Pros
Decent discounts
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks, rude management
Fast paced
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2016
This company is very well organized but there is very little room for advancement with them. It is a good job for people going through college and for those with a lot of server experience.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very busy
Hard work, always on your feet and no breaks.
Host (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 17, 2016
I worked here for a month and they worked me for that month. Management first told me that shift end times weren't promised, I didn't think it'd be too bad. I ended up staying about 2 hours every night after my shifts ended and they didn't ask or tell me they were keeping me. Management was also very disrespectful and didn't give breaks regularly. If you didn't ask they would keep you on your feet for 9-10 hours straight. You weren't allowed to sit although they did provide free bread and drinks for employees. The hardest part of this job was management and their lack of respect and care for their employees. I DO NOT suggest anybody com work here.
Fast-paced work environment where customer service is the highest priority.
Server/Shift Motivator/Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 14, 2016
I love working at the Cheesecake Factory. It is a fast-paced restaurant where I am constantly busy every shift. On a typical shift I am responsible for my own section of tables and must provide the highest standard of customer service to every guest in the entire establishment. I treat each guest as if they were my own. I am always multi-tasking and maintain my section with flawless steps of service ultimately creating an excellent overall experience for each guest.
I work with great management who I respect. I also work with an amazing and diverse group of people who I enjoy interacting with and getting to know on a personal level. I find joy in being part of a team where I can help and support my other team members.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am providing each guest with an amazing dining experience. I find satisfaction in knowing that I am part of a team where we are ultimately all successful.
Pros
Constantly Busy
Fun place for a restaurant.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 14, 2016
Huge menu, good management, and the money is great. Easy to keep busy and avoid being bored. All in all, the best restaurant I've worked at.
Company is going down hill
Server (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 13, 2016
just gets worse and worse every month. The company does not care about servers. Corporate is very very disconnected from the day to day work lives of its lower employees. They refuse to bring back Gratuity and try to explain away tables of 500.00 leaving 10 bucks and then force us to pay the taxes and claim money we are not making.
Great place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
It was definitely great place to work providing me the opportunity to grow as an employee. The Cheesecake Factory prides itself in teamwork and diligence to achieve tasks and operate fluently as a business .
Very Productive
Front Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 12, 2016
This Job was good when i was in school. The pay was great for a restaurant host. I just wished it was a little more flexible for me. But over all the environment and people I worked with was great.
waitress job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 12, 2016
fun and lovely place to work,training is amazing and needed,great managers and greet employees ,cheesecake factory looks out for theier stff and givesbackto the community
great clean enviornment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Marin County, CAJuly 11, 2016
fast paced learned how to store and stack dishes the correct way great co workers the clean up after work was hardest part of work the best part was the people I was working with
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
All the staff from the front of the house to the back were really great and fun to work with. Our managers were awesome as well.
Pros
Discounts and Tips
Cons
N/A

The Cheesecake Factory Reviews by Location