The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,028 reviews matching the search
hostess with the mostest
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 24, 2016
a typical day at work was a very busy, hectic restaurant. I learned to have a lot of patience and how to always have a smile on my face, no matter how stressed you may be. My co- workers were all very nice. The hardest part of the job was probably the non- flexible schedule as well as learning the seating chart of the restaurant. The most enjoyable part about the job was always learning something new about food or a beverage.
Pros
50% off food while working 25% off meals when not on shift
Cons
no definite break
Former Bakery Supervisor
Cashier and accounting information (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 22, 2016
I worked at Cheesecake Factory in two different locations. One was amazing to work for, from the management to my coworkers they all were positive and happy to be there. The second location was polar opposite! I wish I had never been given the chance to leave because I probably would still work for them.
Pros
Decent discounts
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks, rude management
Fast paced
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2016
This company is very well organized but there is very little room for advancement with them. It is a good job for people going through college and for those with a lot of server experience.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very busy
Hard work, always on your feet and no breaks.
Host (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 17, 2016
I worked here for a month and they worked me for that month. Management first told me that shift end times weren't promised, I didn't think it'd be too bad. I ended up staying about 2 hours every night after my shifts ended and they didn't ask or tell me they were keeping me. Management was also very disrespectful and didn't give breaks regularly. If you didn't ask they would keep you on your feet for 9-10 hours straight. You weren't allowed to sit although they did provide free bread and drinks for employees. The hardest part of this job was management and their lack of respect and care for their employees. I DO NOT suggest anybody com work here.
Fast-paced work environment where customer service is the highest priority.
Server/Shift Motivator/Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 14, 2016
I love working at the Cheesecake Factory. It is a fast-paced restaurant where I am constantly busy every shift. On a typical shift I am responsible for my own section of tables and must provide the highest standard of customer service to every guest in the entire establishment. I treat each guest as if they were my own. I am always multi-tasking and maintain my section with flawless steps of service ultimately creating an excellent overall experience for each guest.
I work with great management who I respect. I also work with an amazing and diverse group of people who I enjoy interacting with and getting to know on a personal level. I find joy in being part of a team where I can help and support my other team members.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am providing each guest with an amazing dining experience. I find satisfaction in knowing that I am part of a team where we are ultimately all successful.
Pros
Constantly Busy
Fun place for a restaurant.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 14, 2016
Huge menu, good management, and the money is great. Easy to keep busy and avoid being bored. All in all, the best restaurant I've worked at.
Company is going down hill
Server (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 13, 2016
just gets worse and worse every month. The company does not care about servers. Corporate is very very disconnected from the day to day work lives of its lower employees. They refuse to bring back Gratuity and try to explain away tables of 500.00 leaving 10 bucks and then force us to pay the taxes and claim money we are not making.
Great place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
It was definitely great place to work providing me the opportunity to grow as an employee. The Cheesecake Factory prides itself in teamwork and diligence to achieve tasks and operate fluently as a business .
Very Productive
Front Desk Host (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 12, 2016
This Job was good when i was in school. The pay was great for a restaurant host. I just wished it was a little more flexible for me. But over all the environment and people I worked with was great.
waitress job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 12, 2016
fun and lovely place to work,training is amazing and needed,great managers and greet employees ,cheesecake factory looks out for theier stff and givesbackto the community
great clean enviornment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Marin County, CAJuly 11, 2016
fast paced learned how to store and stack dishes the correct way great co workers the clean up after work was hardest part of work the best part was the people I was working with
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2016
All the staff from the front of the house to the back were really great and fun to work with. Our managers were awesome as well.
Pros
Discounts and Tips
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work
Bar Back/ Busser (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNJuly 11, 2016
I worked at The Cheesecake Factory part-time during the summer and I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about the restaurant business and met a lot of great people.
High volume
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 8, 2016
I was one of four KM's that opened the Baybrook store, It was the highest volume store in the state of Texas. The hardest part was the volume. An average day was forty to fifty thousand dollars.
Pros
The employees were great people
Cons
The volume and the stress to meet those numbers
Its a very fun place to work at, learning oppertunites are everywhere.
Front Desk Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 8, 2016
The cheesecake Factory is a really good place to work, very friendly environment, everyone is always ready to help you out, moving up in the company is not a problem, in 2 years Ive learned a lot, mangers help you reach your potential, they guide you to successes, teach you how to reach your own personal goals, Ive learned how to be a leader and how to be patient and how to teach others all that I know in a way that makes them feel good about their work.
The hardest part about my job is sometimes thinking after doing. It takes time to learn how to do it the right way.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I have the pleasure of meeting everyday and the amazing connections we build over time.
Pros
great oppertunites to move up
Cons
not enough hours
A challenging enviorment with wonderful co-workers as well as guests.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at the cheesecake factory a lot. It's very structured when it comes to training and running. I would tell anyone to apply.
fast paced fun workplace
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2016
Great people to work with, always face paced and busy. My location was understaffed. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting payed.
great company
Certified Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
great company and has good standard. is a fast pace and not everyone is made for this kind of environment. The management is hard to tell because they come and go.
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2016
This was my first job out of college and it was to help support myself . It was a very stressful environment at times but it taught me patience and confidence in a restaurant setting,
Pros
Not many
Cons
Organized and friendly enviroment!
Server (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 6, 2016
It was very efficient when going there, we would be briefed for the shift then work. Very good money and well established restaurant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cheesecake Factory Reviews by Location