The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 5, 2016
I enjoy meeting new guest that come into Cheesecake Factory. I also love my management team and co workers. Everyone is a team player because we all know that each one of us has at least 10 things we need to do at once! My job is very fast paced and I love it. I love staying busy and active. There is never a dull moment at work and there is always something to do, such as interact with guest, clean work areas and restock if needed, etc. This job has taught me patience and how to multi task while waiting on 20 guest at the same time. I love working here!
Pros
Food, great team work, flexiable schedule
Cons
short breaks, sometimes run out of items
challenging work place
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 1, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know my co-workers their different backgrounds and work ethic. this job is up beat and always moving, there is no time for error. the food that we prepare for guest is prepared fresh daily and the staff members are hard working management could be a bit better, communication between employees and employers aren't too well but we manage to still get the job done.
Pros
free meals at the end of the shift
Cons
no breaks unless working a double shift
A place of stress but nice compensation
Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2016
Serving to customers
I learned that working at the Cheesecake Factory is a real stressful position,
The management was why I did not enjoy working there because one of the managers disliked me and blamed me for putting in false orders. She made me take a written test during my shift of all the tables and food and I passed. She was trying really hard to take me off the list of servers and succeeded.
I really enjoyed the rest of the managers. They were the most understandable and sweet people.
Pros
Free cheesecake
Cons
Stressful environment
Fast-Paced Resturant with a community feel
Server (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 13, 2016
The Most memorable part of working for the Cheese Cake is when new menu items are presented. We are required to not only know the ingredients for proper description and allergy alert for our customers but how the meal taste to give a true opinion or recommendation of the new addition. The fun part were the games our manager had us compete in for sales and just over all family vibe that the Cheese Cake provided for us as a unified team.
Pros
Ability to shark at other locations
Cons
tight Schedule/ hard to shark
Money is ok and that is it
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2016
The money at this job is decent in the fact that you get a base salary and then you can also make tips on top. So I did end up making about 15 dollars an hour but its not even close to worth the money. The people in that restraunt are all literally ignorant and are lazy. The managers are the worst of the bunch from sleeping with employees to doing drugs. These people cant have authority because they are the worst of the bunch.
Great pace to work, fast paced productive environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 26, 2016
It's a very busy place, it can be a lot of fun if you like people. My co-workers are like family and always fun to work with. I get to see many new faces and chat with all kind of interesting people. It can get tiring after working a double shift, but the time goes fast, and the managers are very helpful and always have my back.
Pros
good food, friendly people, good tips, lots of laughs
Cons
no recycling, so busy we run out of supplies
productive/fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 13, 2016
 Ensures all guests are provided with prompt and friendly service
 Describes menu items, assists guests in making food and beverage selections,
 Takes and rings in orders, delivers food and beverages, processes payments, and assists fellow team members to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
 Handle customer inquiries over the telephone, take accurate messages and transfer calls to appropriate person in efficient manner.
Fast paced, high energy atmosphere
Waiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2016
Served customers, trained new employees, and performed various side work duties. Collected money from servers for the food runners and dispersed the following day to the appropriate people. I learned how to work fast and efficiently. Management and co-workers were all terrific to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the co-workers and guests.
Coworkers are amazing but management makes it impossible to be happy
Baker/Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 2, 2016
I constantly get scheduled against my availability. I have missed multiple classes at school and family events. I call in to try and tell them I can not work at they just tell me that it is my problem. The management here is absolutely horrible. I worked at a different cheesecake before and I had no problems and actually felt appreciated. Once i switched to the one in riverside it all just went bye bye.

DO NOT WORK AT THE CHEESECAKE IN RIVERSIDE!!!
Pros
decent money, coworkers are tight
Cons
management is very bad
Fast paced environment with a vast number of menu items
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 21, 2016
Working here allowed me to enhance my skills in communicating with people and observing noticeable body language. Further, I was responsible for knowledge of plenty of menu items in addition to memorizing countless drink recipes. Was also financially responsible for large amounts of cash throughout the work day to be deposited at the end of a shift.
Great for Students
Busser (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 31, 2016
I feel that management could have done things differently, such as: the number of workers during a shift, better communication, and being more respecting of the employees. I feel that it speaks volumes if the manager's employees are going out of their way to avoid the manager. Despite the negativity, the coworkers there are phenomenal. Even after I stopped working there, it brings a smile to my face seeing old coworkers; they're a great group of people!
Pros
Coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
Server ,baker ,food runner,whipper, hostess (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory staff and managers were very team-oriented. The food is the best in my opinion. It was very easy to learn the menu and the flow and how everyone works together. Tending to our guest needs is our number one priority.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
shift changes
Great People sad Pay
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2016
I enjoy working for The Cheesecake factory specifically for the experience of working with the staff. People are always friendly and looking to help. The major problem I have is how they treat the current people that do my job specifically. It is not paid well enough and it is very hard to get more than a small raise each year. The benefits are amazing and the hours you can decide on with your GM but in the end it is just not worth the hassle of working yourself to the bone and seeing very little appreciation after the fact.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Pay
Productive, highly motivating environment with many perks
Senior Legal Technician (Current Employee) –  Calabasas Hills, CAMay 23, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory is an amazingly prestigious company that is truly compassionate about others and passionate about all of what they do. This is a very strongly driven company that is ever evolving and will be around forever.
Pros
Brilliant people who work as a family/team.
Cons
They could potentially pay a little better
slave drivers
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 31, 2016
Current employee there but looking elsewhere to work. I am working prep and have gain much expierence. Management starting at the top GM and down is very wishy-washy no backbone. GM says that top quality products are used that is a laugh! A lot of product has passed through my hands and I can say it has been mediocre to bad.
Corporate needs to get there act together and do some house cleaning with management.
All in all do not work there!
Good atmosphere and great staff
Baker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at work would be making sure the bakery is fully stocked and they have everything that they need. You will be back in the kitchen grabbing different items and making sure that there are bought cheesecakes to sell. You cut strawberries and make things like sour cream toping. You learn how to use a espresso machine and how to make all the desserts.
Pros
Discount while working
Cons
not many breaks
Wonderful Managment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 11, 2016
I was in production prep, we had to finish a list of fresh ingredients that went to the cooks up front. I learned a lot from this company, it was very very fast pace, learned to come up with different strategy's to finish our list and work as a team with the other work area's.
Management, where to start with the wonderful management at The Cheesecake Factory...
They were so helpful, great mentor's, made you feel like you were doing a great job and that you could only get better.
The only thing I had a problem with was the demanding hours because off the time I was losing with my family at home.
Pros
Free lunches were available
Cons
only got a lunch break when i was there.
Strong teamwork, ways to move up in company
Front Desk/ Hostess and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 31, 2016
This is a great place to work. It is a company you can grow with and succeed. I learned to work with lots of different people and diversity as well as be well at multi tasking and cross training to have more capabilities to offer the company.
Pros
diversity, teamwork, ways to progess
Cons
short breaks
Terrible Experience!!! A lot of favoritism!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 11, 2016
I've was working there for a year. The management is HORRIBLE and CHILDISH!!! I wouldn't never refer anyone I know to work there. They work you like a slave and don't like to give raises. Not worth the time and definitely not enough money.
Pros
50% shift meal
Cons
Horrible management, favoritism, long hours with no break.
The busiest restaurant in Buffalo complete with a scratch kitchen.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Typically, The Cheesecake Factory is a very busy, exciting place to work. Being a line cook on such a large line while producing mass amounts of delicious food is really what it's all about. The management can be motivational & there is fun interaction among co-workers. The hardest part of my job is keeping up that FAST pace for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pride I take in working at such a reputable company who is known for their delicious food.
Pros
Free employee meal for line cooks.
Cons
Very hard to earn vacation pay. Based on how many hours you work in a 2 week period, not on how long you've worked for the company.