The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Work is Hectic
Dishwasher/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 18, 2018
when i worked for cheesecake factory i was in the back doing dishes and some days like mon-wends it was chill but the rest of the time it was extremely busy and stressful work the work was washing all dishes for customers and chefs alike the chefs have are constantly cooking and placing dangerously hot pans that would burn you if you where not careful but the hours where insane if you worked nights you would have to stay until the back of the kitchen and the chefs front was totally clean and rid of dirty pans that they leave behind not leaving until 1-3am
Pros
you can eat their food at little to no cost
Cons
long work hours and stress
Really fun place, really cool vibes.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 18, 2018
I had a great experience at The Cheesecake Factory. Working there I was taught alot of different skills and techniques. You'll be able to work along great chefs, and meet awesome people as well. For the most part I really enjoy my employment at The Cheesecake Factory. Sometimes The job can be stressful. I will recommend this job to anyone who is trying to further your career in culinary,and to anyone who's not afraid of hard work and dedication.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
extremely high volume
Great Place for Staff
Senior Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Busy Fast pace and rewarding if you are willing and able to put in the hours and time required to advance . Great team and family environment with fantastic operational systems.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hours
No review
Food Prep/Line Cook/Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 18, 2018
No summary different people have different opinions i dis like that you guys ask for information like this im forced to tell you about a company that i just wanted a job at can you guys offer jobs that have career status 401k , stock matching, paid vaca and personal days kaiser medical with low co pay
The Cheesecake Factory
Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2018
The company itself isn't bad to work for. However, there are about 8 managers aside from the actual GM. They all have their own agendas and are too busy delegating to even communicate amongst themselves which causes utter chaos and turmoil between employees and managers. One manager tells you things need to be done a certain way, then another tells you it's another way. There is no ORGANIZATION whatsoever.

You're better off communicating with a wall.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Too many managers
Its a good job to get a lot of hours.
Cooker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2018
I practically did everything. Restock.bus boy. Cooker. Line cooker. Dish washer. I was working more then 60hrs a week. I learned to cook, and do things for myself.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Short breaks
All in all
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2018
The cheesecake factory is in itself a machine because it is a corporation but within that machine are some shining exsamples of genuinely great people with a great work ethic.
Pros
people
Cons
turn over
No break
Baker (Former Employee) –  South Side Flats, PAFebruary 16, 2018
The job was stressful and no break for lunch. Only got 10 minute breaks. The manager always tried to call me into work. The people were nice and the customers were rude.
fast paced food establishment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYFebruary 16, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory has to be one of the busiest, fast paced restaurants in the world. It definitely gives there employees an opportunity to earn as long as there willing to put in the effort and time. There are many moving parts that work great together as a team such as the managers, bartenders, bakery section, kitchen/cook, hostess and waiters/waitresses etc.
A hard job but a good workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 16, 2018
My time at the Cheesecake Factory has shown me one of the hardest and fastest paced jobs I’ve ever experienced. While pay is varied night to night there’s many flaws that when pointed out to the management nothing was taken to notice. However once entering there I found it to be a challenge to advance through the ranks, but once you did the pay off was good. It’s a good place with good people. However the standard that the management team allows is unacceptable things go unchecked and teamwork is null.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good earning
Cons
No breaks, and mismanagement leading to frustration
Mixed feelings
Server (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 15, 2018
A typical day at work at the cheesecake factory is high stakes, high pressure, and high pay off, if you can walk the tight rope. The management is quick to learn everyone's names, which is a nice touch, but the good will pretty much stops there. Paid minimun wage plus tips, but since the average price point of a typical item is a little higher here, and most people order dessert, (it is called The Cheesecake Factory) you see higher than average tips per table.
Pros
50% off meals, one per shift, health care after 3 months
Cons
high pressure and high stakes, high turnover rate. Too fast paced for some.
Stressful work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2018
The Cheesecake in the Prudential is a very large location with many guests. I worked long hours on busy nights just to receive minimum wage which made it feel like it wasn't worth it. As a hostess we also had to clean the bathrooms which I wasn't expecting.
Can’t complain, can’t promote
Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2018
The Cheesecake Factory was a good place to work. It was a good job, but I needed to find a closer job to my location. If you enjoy serving, this will be a good fit.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Long shifts, very short breaks
A very busy place to eat but worth the wait.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2018
The time I spent at the Cheesecake Factory it was during college and I was looking to get tips for the day. I found out that this restaurant was a very well known restaurant and it was a 5 star service. I did do well with my customers and customers loved their visits and the bar had many people coming back just for their drinks specials. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone to work at or to enjoy lunch or dinner.
Fast Paced and Good Money
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2018
When I worked at the Cheesecake Factory it was part time while going to school. It was great for making money. It is a busy restaurant. It was fast paced and stressful at times. Management was good as long as you did your work and weren't lazy. It's good to be a team player; just like any other serving job.
corporate resturant job... exactly what you think
Host/ Server (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 14, 2018
rules, rules, rules. With a corporation this big thats what you get. High turn over, but a great potential for money. Managers ranged from being great, to being completely terrible. This is a great in between job when you need money fast.
The Cheese
SERVER BAR BACK (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Awesome place to work. Always busy and always worth it. Intense menu and cheesecake info, but easy once you get it all down. The all white outift is a bit much, but it works.
Server and Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for The Cheesecake Factory for over 5 years. They were always flexible with my school schedule and I worked with a lot of really awesome people.
Cheesecake Waikiki is awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2018
Working at the busiest location in the company was such an experience. I had never worked at such a large restaurant before. I loved the consistency of business and the dynamic flow of business with people from all over the world. The team members were great and so fun to work with and learn from. Plus the server training was such a great experience and I really felt prepared to get on the floor from all of the menu knowledge that I was given and taught.
Pros
fun team members and free soup and bread
Work Requirements
Plating And Decorating Dessert For Dine In And To go Guest
Taking Orders And Packing To Gos
Training And Certifying All New Bakery Employees
Cashiering

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.