The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,178 reviews matching the search
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 7, 2016
absolutely crazy! sometimes there was to many people on at a time , but other than that the people were nice and the atmosphere was busy but fun
Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 6, 2016
The cheesecake factory was a great learning experience. Great team moral and the tips are very rewarding. It's hard work but work it. I enjoyed being an employee.
Good company overall
Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2016
When I joined the Cheesecake Factory crew, the restaurant was in transition. Managers were flowing in and out so there were a few bumps in the road concerning communication, access to materials needed to work, turnover rate for team members was constant, etc. It wasn't all bad. The Cheesecake Factory is consistently busy, which means more money in your pocket. The hours are long and sometimes the work is taxing, but that's at any job. You meet a hard-working group of people who like to have fun and have your back. There are several people at the San Francisco location who have had their jobs for many years, which speaks to an environment that people want to work in.
Pros
Benefits, Free food, 50% discount, always busy
Fast paced and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 5, 2016
Was part of the store opening team. Leadership a little scatter brained, but the restaurant business can be that way. Great starting out job, not for the family man.
Love the vibe
Server (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYDecember 4, 2016
I love the managers that can relate and help out when needed I also love how the schedule is right where needed. The business is growing and you learn a lot from it starting with money handling, keeping things neat and being responsible.
Pros
Half lunch, 25 percent when not working
Cons
Difficult when low staffed
Each location varies...
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2016
X years ago, the Tucson location was amazing, but the effects of mediocre management (GM, AM) have trickled down throughout the entire restaurant. Apathy, incompetence and lack of accountability at the top are driving this place into the ground.
Pros
22% suggested gratuity
Cons
Endless
Really varies on the location...
Server, Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2016
I've worked at three Cheesecake Factory locations. Two of them were phenomenal. The management teams were effective and the rest of the workgroups could function well because of that. However, my most recent location is absolute chaos. It makes a very easy job, very difficult. Since serving is so based on tips- this does drastically alter the amount of money it is possible to make.
Fun place to work
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 1, 2016
It can be easy to move up to a hire position but only if you are good friends with the management. If you just work hard and don't help them out extra they will not promote you.
Cool job
Host (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 1, 2016
Great job! When I was first hired, they had a bunch for us and we tried a couple ideas on the sunday bunch menu. Good pay, I never felt over worked. My manager was April at the Dunwoody location. Everyone was nice and understanding. My biggest problem was my hours. This company has three levels for host.Your hours and pay is based on your level. Although I was trained on both levels, my hours and paydid not change, so i was working about 15 hours a week,
Alot to learn
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Natick, MANovember 30, 2016
I love to work for cheesecake factory but the managers did appreciate the employers like they should. I learned how to work in a fast past. getting all the thing done on my check list in a fast past
Pros
cheap food for employment
Cons
took over a months for a check!
Two many Chiefs not enough Indians
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 30, 2016
Management drove the Rochester NY restaurant down so corporate sent Management to Destiny in Syracuse.Worst mistake .the employees from other states they flew in to train gave 100% .Probably the reason they can't keep good help .Managment is to controlling and needs to be replaced
Pros
Co workers
Productive, Great learning
Server (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYNovember 30, 2016
I learned a lot while I was with this company. Great company. My location was on and off being unorganized. We would work on and off as a team. A lot of drama came with the territory of working here. Overall, I loved this place. Met some of my best friends, made amazing memories. I felt part of a family while I worked here. I loved all my managers. As stressed as our staff would make them they looked out for us.
the cheesecake factory is a good restaurant to dine
Cashier/busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056November 30, 2016
my typical day at work would be clocking in first on time. put on my apron and start getting plates, forks spoons etc and putting them in a rack so the guy thats dish washing could wash them for you
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours sometimes
Good place while trainers were there. Afterwards people were treated like nothing.
Napkin Folder/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 29, 2016
I loved working at the Albuquerque NM location. I would have worked there for years to come. But they didn't care enough about their employees. The people who make each restaurant what it is. When a company stops caring about its employees and especially the customers it's best to never return as an employee or a customer. If a company wants loyal employees they need to treat people with dignity and respect. I seen so much at that place it was enough for me to never recommend it to anyone for a date night or anything. A real fortune 100 company doesn't treat people like they are nothing. Especially when they work harder than the rest.
Pros
Awesome Trainees and Good Food
Cons
Unsanitary Dishes and Managers that don't care about employees
Cheesecake Facatory
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
The Cheesecake Factory was a great company to work at because it is a nice respectful place and you learn to work with different team members. You also can find yourself working with a lot of careful people.
nice place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 28, 2016
fast pace which is good good people who i work with good food learn different things that i work all around the company.stays busy all shift long always doing something moving her and there just how i like it time goes by fast.
Pros
free food
Cons
long nights
Excellent
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 27, 2016
Would recommend to anyone searching for a job in a restaurant, Excellent staff and management, very fast-paced and fun environment.
Pros
Free meal program, Insurance Benefits, competitive pay, Help program, community activity and donations
Great people and great enviroment.
Fry Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 27, 2016
Great people, great environment. The best place Ive ever worked. Terrific staff and great service. Always enjoyed coming to work, great food and order throughout entire restaurant.
wonderfully fast paced, motivating atmosphere that pays!
Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 24, 2016
such a great place, oh my gosh, I love the cheesecake factory everybody should work there. managers actually care about you the cliental is so friendly and generous. warm and inviting atmosphere for new hires.
Working at Cheesecake Factory
Senior Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 23, 2016
I would work 75+ hours a week it was grueling and tiersome managers were always back stabbing each other to make themselves look better it was now a very fun place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.