The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Good Place with understanding People
Baker (Former Employee), Colonie NyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly people, free bread & soup
Cons: no set out time
If the food industry has your heart and that is where you want to be, then by all means head over. I had 0 time for myself and holidays are expected.
Fast pace environment with diverse settings and fun times.
Server (Current Employee), san franciscoFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare and benefits
Cons: waived breaks
the cheesecake factory is a job that I would recommend for a more experienced server with an outgoing personality and positive attitude. I love my coworkers they have been so helpful and influential since day one.
The most fast paced kitchen I've ever seen
Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: location, benefits, people
Typical Friday night has 20 cooks on the line feeding 2500 guests in 6 hours. Consistancy is always the challenge with so many personalities to appease to.
productive and fun workplace
Dish Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: healthcare
managers are great , most enjoyable part was to be able learn thing i never knew , my co-workers were very educated , hardest part was when the batch was too thick too pump
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
...... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. lots of fun, staff is always up beat. management team seems to care about the food and staff.
fast paced work, no hours. found my self paying just to get to work
Busser (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 22, 2015
the position i had was a bussing position, everybody excluding me spoke spanish making it nearly impossible to communicate or befriend my co-workers. The hours i worked were emberressing but the pay was decent. it would be a nice second job i guess, but even then the payoff doesnt match the workload
Great workplace with motivated people
Designated Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch, tips, great work experience.
Cons: money would fluctuate
A typical day at work would include coming in at least ten minutes early to prepare for my shift looking very neat and clean. Greeting and assisting guests to their tables, taking the order of the food and handling it to the table. I learned a great deal of customer service, team work, and safe food handling while employed with the cheesecake factory. The management had a staff of over ten that over saw three hundred employees. It was necessary that the whole staff worked together as a team every night to accomplish a smooth shift, failing in doing so would result in a very rough and hard shift. I did enjoy my time working for this company because i learned so much from them.
Fast paced, fun environment.
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
A typical day was greeting customers and help to clear tables. Also, cleaning dishes/glasses for the cooks and servers. Co-workers were fun to work with and we always helped each other so we didn't get behind.
Happy Server
Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Cheesecake Factory is just like any other serving job, just less sidework, more money, and more awesome and diverse people to work around. As a server, I would not want to be with any other restaurant.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
The management is very caring and helpful. The compensation is much better than other companies in the food industry. The offer benefits to their employees no matter how long they have worked there if they work 40+ hours. Their training is very extensive and thorough.
Good place to make money
Waitress (Current Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: discount on food, even when you are not working and at any cheesecake factory resturant, christmas gift is a whole cheesecake
Cons: no breaks, all-white uniforms, long menu
Fast-paced environment with good organization and strong managers. Typically very busy on the weekends and definitely much slower during the week. Menu is a lot to learn and the training is extensive but necessary. Overall solid place to work.
Great workplace, pleasant environment
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great place for advancement
Cons: loss of hours
I started as a Dishwasher, then promoted to line cook after passing training. I learned to work as a team. Management was great, so were my co-workers. Enjoy my job a lot.
Fast paced with Friendly staff and managers
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals after 6 hours, 100% off after a double, 25% off during meals off the clock and free holiday cheesecake samplers around the holidays
Cons: short breaks, if you get one. very busy almost all of the time.
This particular Cheesecake factory has fantastic managers and even better servers. Here, everyone is a big family, there is little to no drama and everyone is all smiles even when we're not in the dining room. A lot of laughs are shared between staff and guests and even though we can't please everyone, I think it's safe to say we send 90% of our guests home happy and stuffed! The hardest part is the Friday night rush and the Sunday brunch rush, tickets fly out of the machines faster than we can blink but the managers are very good about lending a helping hand regardless of their own busy agendas.
Could have been better
Hostess (Former Employee), Buford, GAFebruary 9, 2015
This restaurant is a wonderful dinning experience. Needs to work on teamwork. The management could improve by working around your schedule better. Moving up in this company is easy as long as you do your job well.
not for everyone
Server and Hostess (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAFebruary 9, 2015
the military isnt for everyone and i would suggest studying for your asvab before going to take the test, it will determine what your job will be and where you will be stationed
Comfortable dining environment, great for date night, family supper and CHEESECAKE!!
Host - Greet (Former Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free meals and support systems
Cons: having to reside
Hosting at the Cheesecake Factory was quite fun i enjoyed learning how to fill the restaurant accordingly and develop seating strategies as business got busier.
Management was well organized and they all worked together to keep staff strong and reassured all our guest's experience would have them return.
My co-workers were easy to work with, supportive, and very knowledgeable.
The most challenging part of my job was juggling the personal things i was experiencing at the time. I enjoyed working on busy days and working doubles which would grant you a free meal...
Management gave off a great family vibe.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: very friendly
Cons: long hours with no breaks
Being fresh out of Culinary school I was eager to get my feet wet in a true"Culinary" experience, well Cheesecake fulfil that longing. It was everything I' d dreamed of and then some. My first day on the job every manager knew my name, that may seem trivial, but Cheesecake has 20-30 managers on staff! Immediately you feel special. I felt as if I had walked on the set of Cheers where everyone knew your name. Because of this I agreed to work extra hours, longer shifts, and stay later. As a result if it Iddeveloped a herniated disc, I was told after I said I would turn in my uniform because I wasn't sure when I would return, to keep it because a position would always be available. Well, when I trued to return in a position other than a prep cook, I was snubbed and put off.
very fun place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break every hour
enjoyable environment to work, flexible work hours, excellent management, very professional fair in every way.in this company you have room to grow far an beyond entry level employee. this job is very fun loving great pay great experience
Productive and fast paced environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at The Cheesecake Factory would involve me greeting and seating guests, answering multi-line phones, booking reservations, and monitoring dining sections for available tables. I learned many aspects related to customer service and the operations required to maintain a pleasant atmosphere for guests. The management at The Cheesecake Factory were very professional. They strived to make sure all employees were treated fairly, and their focus was on providing a great overall experience to guests. My co-workers were nice and great to work with. It was a pleasure to work in a team-environment setting. The hardest part of the job was when I had to encounter unpleasant guests, but I made sure to remain polite and address their concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to meet new people and work with wonder co-workers.
strictly about the money
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: celebrity sittings are common great atmosphere if get off work
Cons: short to no breaks always busy
the main concern is the money .not the employees productivity, and management bonuses are key ..revolving door constantly hiring . there is money to be made but not much else in terms of suitability for employees . sales are the main goal

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos