The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Metairie, LASeptember 14, 2014
Cons: no breaks
This is my first restaurant job and will be my last. Every time its slow they start sending people home no matter what time you came or how far you've drove to come. I have bills to pay and this job just can't do it.
Well-rounded employer who took care of their employees
Server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2014
I was a server at The Cheesecake Factory, Biltmore location. Going into the job, I knew it was going to be intense because the menu, as we all know, is quite extensive. A 4 week training period was mandatory, to ensure you learn every single aspect and food item that company has. It's definitely on the "corporate side", but in my opinion, that was a – more... plus because everything was structured and well organized. They did not do things by the seat of their pants and they took care of their employees. My management and server team, at the time, were awesome and a joy to work with! – less
Good Work
Depositing (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Ok Place To Work Have lots of fun get get the job done on time leave work on time a love going to work
The food is great and great co workers
Line cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: nothing
I had to relocated I like the job the food was great and my co workers was outstanding to work with.
Hard work and satisfying to make quality food
Line Cook (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 10, 2014
When I get to work I stock my station as quickly as I can to try to get ready for some busy nights. Most nights get really busy we have to help each other to make it through the night. Hardest part of the job is the stress you can easily get on a busy night. The most enjoyable part of my job are interacting with my coworkers.
Thriving and Stable Place to Work
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch and cheesecake!
Cons: hourly pay
The OST is the backbone of the restaurant. We are responsible for accounts payable, payroll, daily accounting, human resources, hiring and terminations paperwork, technology, and office management. The OST works closely with the General Manager and provides the restuarant managers useful information and assistance.
great people to be working with
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Novi, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great people and great learning environment
Cons: have to pay for food, basically no breaks while working 12 hour shifts.
Everyday i would get handed a list of food that needed to be prepped by the end of the day. I learned how to balance my time around me. My managers were awesome and taught me a lot. I worked with over maybe twenty cooks and we all became friends right away all great people. The hardest part was getting my trainees to be serious but in the end we all – more... got the job done great. Most enjoyable part was seeing all those beautiful people i worked with everyday they brighten up everything. – less
Flexible and good for students.
Front Desk Member (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: have to work the weekend
A fun restaurant to work for that can accommodate students.
Fast paced, busy every second of work. Long well needed shifts.
Server (Former Employee), Oakbrook,ILSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, long hours, and teamwork
Cons: unpaid breaks.
Good days interacting with many friendly faces. A great experience, but also a great lesson. Always moving standing on your feet for long periods of time but management will make sure you are okay.
Productive and fun workplace with amazing food.
Host (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work was very fun and high energy. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. The staff and other employees were quite helpful with assisting me in management areas. The hardest part of the job was not getting a break at all, even when tired. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all around the world.
Overworked but work with good people
Baker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Management is horrible they don't care about you. You never get a break. It's over and under staffed all at the same time.
Great Concept
Trainer (Former Employee), Allen,TXAugust 31, 2014
There are so many great growth opportunities in this company. I really enjoyed the opportunity to be a part of a new store opening. I liked the structure of pre-shifts, got me motivated to be successful in increasing my point of sale per table.
productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work was coming to work on time, get to work, get my break and my free lunch, and wait until my shift is over. I learned how to work around the kitchen. Co-workers were cool.
Wonderful and Friendly staff.
Server (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 27, 2014
My overall experience with the Cheesecake Factory has been wonderful. Management was awesome and it didn't feel like work it felt like family.
fun job
Hostess (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
The food is great. I met alot of wonderful people. I overall enjoyed the job
Productive and fun place to work!
SERVER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, good money, and great work experience.
Cons: long hours, short/no breaks sometimes, customers with bad behavior
A typical day consists of coming in on top, in proper uniform attire, checking daily specials, checking your section, making sure you know what your running/closing side work is and waiting on guests with a smile. I've learned many skills such as, patience, multi-tasking, time-management, and customer service skills. The management at Cheesecake Factory – more... is phenomenal. They listen and have effective communications skills to make the work place easier to work in and more enjoyable. The people to are amazing because we really work as a team. What I enjoy most about working at Cheesecake Factory is the feeling that I am appreciated for my hard work and that I'm not just another server in a restaurant, making it easier and more fun to come to work! – less
classy
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: breaks sometimes
management talks bad to employer. lack of employers. I jus wasn't happy there
If you do one favor they take advantage of it
Cashier (Current Employee), White PlainsAugust 21, 2014
Pros: food is delicious
Your co workers tend to be in a horrible mood because of not getting a proper tip. The gossip that spreads is ridiculous.
Fun work environment with a very diverse staff and clientelle
Hostess (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityAugust 18, 2014
Pros: fun work environment with interesting people
Cons: no breaks and usually got off way later than scheduled
This job was one of the more simple jobs that I have taken on. It was easy even though it was very busy. My favorite part of the job was all the new people I would meet and how each day was different. I didn't care for the fact that I could only leave when I was officially 'cut', even though my schedule had a specific time that I was off.
executed excellent service to guests in a fast paced, high volume enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Natick, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free bread
Cons: health care, tip outs, money accountability system, lack in teamwork effort, short or no breaks on a double shift.
A typical work day would begin with punching in and being in your assigned station at your in time. Punctuality is key. I would make sure my section was set up properly and ready for my first guest seating. I would also help inspect and set up the rest of the restaurant in the morning shifts. Each guest seating requires a timed steps of service which – more... insures quality satisfaction for the guests. During the shift, each section is assigned running (during the shift) and closing (end of the shift) side work which must be accounted for by the shift leader (closer). Once side work is complete and signed off for, I am responsible for counting my credit card payments and discounts or comps. and all paperwork and cash was deposited in a safe. I have learned to step up my efforts to become a better server at the Cheesecake Factory. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the menu items and knowing their ingredients for allergy purposes. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent service and always leaving the guests happy about their experience. Management was very efficient in regulating rules in the company. They were flexible to an extent but also firm on expectations. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos