The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,227 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun work place
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2016
Each day was a different story with similar story line. I learned to appreciate the privilege/opportunity of being able to earn an income with an emphasis on taking pride in my own work and work ethic. Management communicated very effectively through entirety of shift. It was also easy to be heard by other co-workers because we were like a family. The hardest part of the job was keeping others on-task in such a social work environment where compensation is directly based on those exact hospitality services. The most enjoyable part of the job was having customers explicitly state to myself, manager, or other employee how hard I had been working consistently. I would look to keep the same pace and drive to succeed from the second I "clock on", until the second after I "clock out".
Fast paced and very productive
SENIOR EXECUTIVE KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2016
Days included managing, coaching and developing staff and management staff.
Learned to manage all different aspects of a Profit and Loss statement as financials were always at top of mind.
I learned skills that range from teaching and developing to coaching a wide variety if HR issues.
Co workers are and have to be experienced and diverse in an ever evolving company and industry.
Staffing in the industry is an issue throughout so continuous interviewing was a must, this also applied to manager turn over.
The one thing I enjoyed most were not only the people I worked with but also the attention to detail and high standards.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Staffing issues due to high turnover
It was always great to work at cheese cake warm atmosphere as wefall as great people!
Line Cook working fry station and flattop (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 6, 2016
Everyday was nice and routine a lot of fast paste cooking I worked fry station and flattop making lots of different meals. On slower days we got to learn more about the food and the perfect way to make it with managers and 5 star chefs hands on Witch both are a lot of fun. Wen it got really busy on nights and weekends it was frustrating wen I need have proper tool and products to do my job or managers to make that happen . The most enjoyable part of the job was coffee in and food in the morning with my line mates the family like feeling. Was a great experience at the Cheese Cake Factory!!
Pros
Lots of free food raises and good relationships
Cons
Tense working space occasionally
Good company overall
Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2016
When I joined the Cheesecake Factory crew, the restaurant was in transition. Managers were flowing in and out so there were a few bumps in the road concerning communication, access to materials needed to work, turnover rate for team members was constant, etc. It wasn't all bad. The Cheesecake Factory is consistently busy, which means more money in your pocket. The hours are long and sometimes the work is taxing, but that's at any job. You meet a hard-working group of people who like to have fun and have your back. There are several people at the San Francisco location who have had their jobs for many years, which speaks to an environment that people want to work in.
Pros
Benefits, Free food, 50% discount, always busy
Great environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 24, 2016
The environment there is awesome. as my first job i learned a lot. From verbal skills, to multi-tasking. It can get hectic sometimes but everyone helps each other out. the managers are understanding and can work with you if you work with them. Servers, host, bartenders, buss boys, managers, etc. you name it, everyone is kind and helps you out whenever you need it. I will always have a special place for them in my heart and i would recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
salary, environment, great food, discounts, understanding managers
Cons
healthcare
Excellent
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 27, 2016
Would recommend to anyone searching for a job in a restaurant, Excellent staff and management, very fast-paced and fun environment.
Pros
Free meal program, Insurance Benefits, competitive pay, Help program, community activity and donations
Living the dream
Chef (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2016
Cheesecake is a place where you truly have No limits on how far you can go. They train you efficiently to be proficient and they are with you all the way with whatever you may decide to do
Pros
Free employee meals, paid time off, understanding management staff
Cons
Healthcare ia good but costly, raises given in .50 increments
Productive and fun
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2017
this job has opportunity for higher positions and pay raises which is great, that is if you excel in your job. Managers aren't that great when it comes to their workers.
Pros
discount
Cons
they don't care about you
Great fast pace environment to develop interpersonal skills
Server (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 3, 2016
I loved working at the Cheesecake Factory while in school, it provided a great opportunity to work in fun fast-pace restaurant. The second busiest restaurant in Florida bring in a diverse clientele foreign and local that always keep you on your toes and moving.

Multitasking and juggling multiple guest orders daily, this come naturally once you get into the flow of things.

The hardest part the job would be learning to adapt to so many different personaliities but through great practice and communication that was easily overcome.

The most enjoyable part of working for the Cheesecake Factory was the opportunity to treat people the way I want to be treated. This opportunity allowed to me truly understand the pleasures of creating small paradise of every single one of our guest on there away from home travels.

The management at Cheesecake is also a diverse group that trills in the benefits of communication and providing a hospitable environment for all over guest and co workers.
Amazing Company
Lead Bartender / Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2016
The team becomes a family. High paced fast environment. Great money. Customers are mostly friendly. Management staff is very helpful. Great benefits and culture.
Fast paced and fun
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2016
Fun environment to work in. Not much room for advancement. Won't provide raises for tenure and longevity. Managers can show favoritism and can be disrespectful. Can learn a lot if you are patient and willing.
the cheesecake factory is a good restaurant to dine
Cashier/busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056November 30, 2016
my typical day at work would be clocking in first on time. put on my apron and start getting plates, forks spoons etc and putting them in a rack so the guy thats dish washing could wash them for you
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours sometimes
Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 29, 2016
The Cheescake Factory is a great place to work with very devoted and helpful managers and team. This work environment feels like family and we are treated with respect and have awesome benefits and room for growth within the company.
Pros
Staff discounts, growth, management
Cons
short breaks, 12 hour plus shifts from time to time
Fun work place great to eat at and just a great emvironent
Busser (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 13, 2016
I still work here and I'm a busser I made good money but not a lot but overall the place is a great environment to be around and the work schedules are really great they have amazing flexibility.
Pros
Great food good benefits awesome workers
Cons
Don't get paid hourly
Productive and very fast paced
Hostess/ Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for The Cheesecake Factory. They are a family oriented company who cares a lot about their employees. Also, they have great benefits.
Pros
50% dicount
ok
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2016
make sure your ready to spend all day here if needed, might be schedule to work half day but since it gets crazy busy at times they will beg you to stay but never a raised
Pros
Fun environment
Money is ok and that is it
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2016
The money at this job is decent in the fact that you get a base salary and then you can also make tips on top. So I did end up making about 15 dollars an hour but its not even close to worth the money. The people in that restraunt are all literally ignorant and are lazy. The managers are the worst of the bunch from sleeping with employees to doing drugs. These people cant have authority because they are the worst of the bunch.
Very fun and productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2016
The people made me feel like a part of a family there we help each other out when need and it was a good working environment to be in.
Pros
Got to have a free meal
Cons
Didn't have good benefits for me and my family
Nice people
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 12, 2016
Great coworkers, great oportunities in the companie.
HR department needs be more attention and support the employees. Salary is great.
mediocre
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 5, 2016
it was a mediocre experience with minimal financial compensation. over worked and over stressed, taken advantage of . i never had a routine schedule, my days off always changed and i always had to over work to get enough hours to pay the bills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.