The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Quick pace work environment
Host/To-Go (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Discount on food
- Greeted customers
- Maintained knowledge of products
- Answered calls
- Handled food
- Coworkers were nice
- Learned to multi-task
Great Company
Lead Trainer (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2015
I have been with the company for over five years now. I have enjoyed it for the most part. I have found advancement to be difficult for myself.
Fun place
Server (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 6, 2015
I truly enjoyed all of my time working at Wild Wing Cafe. I was a hostess until I turned 18 and then became a server. I enjoyed all of my coworkers and managers. I babysat for the boss and created strong friendships with co-workers, some who are still there and some who are not. Great job for high schoolers and college students.
Very fast paced.
Server (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 6, 2015
Cons: no growth
Worked as a server, always had new people coming in and out. Not so stable but was able to work there for 3 years and made a good living off of it. Co-workers were very easy to get along with and management were always proactive. I didn't see myself moving forward so I found a new job.
Great flexible job for students
Server (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexible, great money
Ive worked this company for years while I was a full time student. its a great friendly environment where team work is essential. It is a fair and just environment where people are treated like people.
Productive work place where everyone works together to provide an excellent dining experience.
Server (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free food when you work a double
Cons: sometimes no break when working a double
Hardworking team of staff.
Delicious food that is easy to sell.
Great coworkers.
Flexible schedule.
Lots of benefits.
Place for adavancement
Cross trained Baker/Hostess/Food-Runner (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2015
The training is so extensive you learn how to remember ingredients better. How to describe a meal, helps with up selling.
The best cultue for anyone to grow and a very callenging environment.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 31, 2015
Pros: DYNAMIC LEADERSHIP
Cons: I WISH MORE COMPANYS SHARED THEIR VALUES
There are new challenges to face daily. The food is the main component and goes hand in hand with preserving out of this world guest services. The culture is very welcoming to all cultures. You determine your next path in the company. They are focused on your personal and professional development.
very unorganized atmosphere
Host/ Receptionist/ Hygiene Maintenance/ Closing (Former Employee), FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Being appreciated by guests
Cons: being taken for granted by staff and management
Theres not much to say about this job except that it was a terrible experience with the staff, I would have to fix everyone's mistakes for the sake of the customer. The staff cared more about making money than actually providing a memorable experience for the guests, I changed that by paying closer attention to customer needs. I signed up to work as a host which only required for me to greet and seat the guests, but I ended up having to clean bathrooms, changing music, cleaning tables, bringing food on time to the tables, even controlling the restaurants air temperature. The co-workers acted very limited and would refuse to help out other co-workers with the excuse that "it wasn't their job" I tried to make a difference by paying close attention to everyone's roles, and mimicking them with the intent to do a better job. I basically did everyone's jobs when they weren't done properly, and only got paid for greeting customers.

Restaurants tend to be hectic and unorganized
The experience you have including pay will depend entirely on the location you work at. I relocated closer to my home and my income was cut by 3/4
Server (Current Employee), NevadaJuly 30, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: Managers do not care how their decisions affect server's income
Co-workers are unfriendly...most of them. I enjoyed working at one location much more than the other. One location had great pay friendlier people, better managers and the other location was literally the complete opposite
A great place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Allen, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Advancements
Cons: none
I loved working at the cheesecake factory. The management is great , and I like all the co-workers. You can grow within the company.
fun company to work for, management and structure needs work
SERVER (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: no breaks really o even double shifts, management, high turn over rate
I enjoy working at the cheesecake factory overall. I do not like the high turnover rates of servers that is taking place. Management does not perform their duties all the time. Looking for stability and this job does not produce that for me.
Great job with a high paced and energetic team
Expediter / Server / Lead Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
I made some of my best connections while working for The Cheesecake Factory and learned more about the restaurant industry as a whole than in any other job or experience I have had in the field
An all around decent place to work.
Server/Trainer/Bartender (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2015
A typicaly day at work would envlove showing up early making sure our section was ready for success. Management was pretty fair for the most part. The employess were made up of younger individuals with no sense of ergency. Hardest part of the job was having to pick up the slack of other employees. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a guest reaction after suggestive selling them there beverage and food.
A cut above the rest
Designated Trainer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, discounted lunches, culture
Cons: High stress, difficult to move up within the company
Fast-paced, efficient, and professional, The Cheesecake Factory commands excellence. Working here has been a delightful challenge that has helped me see that teamwork, dedication, and a positive attitude can go a very long way.
The Cheesecake Factory is the first company that I have worked for that actually encourages asking for help. In a dog-eat-dog world, teamwork is often overlooked, thus resulting in poor performance overall. Because of this company, I have become an excellent team-player with exceptional communication skills.
The Cheesecake Factory is renowned for its work culture. Pre-shift staff alignments are mandatory, as is an all-hands-in "Cheesecake Rocks!" to boost morale. Never before have I found my employment so valued and celebrated. This is largely what has kept its staff working for the company, as well as an impressive employment benefits package.
A 'Factory' In every sense of the word
Bartender, Server (Former Employee), Braintree, MAJuly 19, 2015
This place is run very efficiently and is a model in its industry. Demanding and intense work. A lot is expected of its employees and a lot is given by them.
fun place to work, however management in some areas is iffy
Busser (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Half off meals and 25% off when you eat there with anyone
Cons: No benefits and you never get out on time, usually an hour to 2 after actually
A typical day at work is a good time but also productive. I haven't learned anything new really and management isn't the best in some areas. My co-workers are mostly a fun group and make going to work a better experience. The hardest part about this job would have to be what they call bus runner, you make the least amount of money those days and you do some of the hardest work.I would have to personally say the best part of this job are my co-workers.
Fun place to work
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee), Sugar Land Tx.July 18, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: long hours
The cheesecake factory is a fun place to work, there is plenty of room for job advancement there. The only down side is working nights weekends and holidays.
Management is a mess
hostess (Former Employee), boca ratonJuly 16, 2015
There is no communication between workers at the Cheesecake Factory. Very fast paced. Potential money to be made is high, but restaurant is very unorganized.
very fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tyson's CornerJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working on Saturday
Lunch hour is always very busy, but we all worked well together to keep it moving smoothly, the hardest part was to keep up with all the dessert orders people placed.
Headquarters