The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Not Worth The Stress
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Working as a line cook there is very stressful. When they are understaffed they will make you work multiple 12 hour shifts and when they are overstaffed you can get less than 30 hours. So hours are very unpredictable. The coworkers are often very rude and they hire people with practically no experience so they are very difficult to train considering how fast paced the restaurant is and how much goes into each recipe. Managers are often very unhelpful when you are busy so you are set up to fail a lot of times. Pay isn't bad but definitely not enough for the amount of work you have to do. Only good part is that you get free meals and good benefits.
Pros
Benefits, cheap health insurance, free food
Cons
Often no breaks on 12 hour shifts, hard to keep up, poor management, rude coworkers
Zero
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 8, 2017
If ZERO stars were an option, I would put that. The servers are very competitive and I feel as if they recruit from the unemployment office. The quality of Cheesecake Factory workers are less than sub par.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything but Discount
Fast paced, great atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2017
Enjoyed the job duties, the atmosphere, the employees, the managers, the work as a broil cook, the discounted meals, the diverse atmosphere, and the communication
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Poor management
Baker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2017
Employees are treated poorly.. everyone is started off at different rates. The rates are insulting. Management is the only thing that really needs some evaluation.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare and no overtime.
productive and quick paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 6, 2017
I opened and closed the restaurant on most days especially on weekends. Its a fast-paced environment when we are busy but when it's slow it can be rough. I learned to multi-task between talking to guests, answering phones and seating the guests. For me the work environment was good. I worked with great people whom I'm still friends with.
Cashier/Server
Cahsier (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 6, 2017
I enjoy working at the cheesecake factory. It has its days when it gets hard but when everyone works together our time goes by fast. It is a good place to come and make money. their are always opportunities to advance your career.
The Cheesecake Factory was an Amazing Business
Waitress (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 6, 2017
We often received free meals, if not, we could always purchase one at a 50% discount. There were always people to cover your shift if you couldn't make it in.
Pros
The Food
Cons
Running the food
what you learned
Front Desk / Server/ Bartending / Expo (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 5, 2017
I learned amazing customer service skills and how to deal with difficult situations and how to overcome those struggles. There honestly has never been a time, in the years I've worked for the company that I was on my way into work and said "I do not want to go to work." It is a very positive work environment.
Pros
life long friends, money, flexible
Server/bartender
SERVER/DESIGNATED TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2017
Very fast passed, have to have patience and be able to multitask!!, Very helpful staff, can be very lucrative.A very big menu, so at hire you will have to really put some time into learning the menu, but Rome was not built in a day, so it will take some time but you have a good staff that will help you.
Great job! Ok management
Host (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2017
An actually really nice place to work at. Fast paced but a manageable job. Awesome hour pick up chances. They have this app for your schedule where you can see when anybody drops a shift and you pick it up as soon as you want. I used to pick up so many shifts I started working 60hrs a week, easy going host job and got extra money that way.The management was a little too laid back but I've heard from people still working there they got way better management. I feel hostess should've gotten paid a little more because they do pick up a lot of extra slack when things are left undone by other servers, bussers, ect. Or in general, for the guests, they really go out of their way. All around a great job though!
Pros
discount on food and free meal tickets
Cons
ok pay ok management
my review
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 4, 2017
cheesecake is a great place to work if you like to be a needle in a haystack and never be noticed , i do not recce mend working for this company to anyone
Great Company to work for
Server/ Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 4, 2017
Great company to work for but terrible unprofessional management who often played favorites. Great Benefits and pay for tips, some room for advancement assuming you are on managements best side.
Pros
Great Benefits and Discounts
Cons
Poorly Trained and unprofessional management
Dmo
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 4, 2017
This is a good job for people seeking a flexible work schedule and fun environment. This would make a great place for a college student to work. The hardest part of this job is the influx of guest on the weekends
fast-pace work environment to maintain guest satisfaction
Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at the Cheesecake Factory is not the same every time you come in. Some days might be very busy with a wait time of 2 hours and other days guest get seated upon arrival. An employee must be able to handle pressure and to be able to work at a fast pace environment without feeling irritable towards guests. At the end of every shift, feeling that a guest enjoyed their time here is the best thing about the job.
Pros
discounted meals, move up in positions
Cons
rare to receive free meals
Fun environment to work in and many good people there.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 3, 2017
I really liked the job but it wasn't what I wanted. I always wanted to work with children and that'd why I'm going to school for Early Childhood Education.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
always busy
Fast paced and exciting place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2017
Been with the company for over 10 years, loved the upward advancement and the pace. If you have to work this is a great place to be. The guests may make it difficult at times, still a great place to work!!
Pros
health insurance, half off food
Cons
hours
stressful
Hostess/ server (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 2, 2017
Poor management. Our general manger is very rude and uncomfortable to be around when she is stressed. She is stressed most of her shift. There is no accountability at this restaurant.
politics
Server (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 2, 2017
at the restaurant I worked at it was all about who you know. If you were friends with the veterans that have been there for a while, or with the management team you would get good shifts and sections
Huge place
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2017
With lots of people. Have to work hard, large menu, gets really busy. Some guest have to wait up to 2 hours to eat. Kitchen is busy and you have to step it up and keep up wit the business
Excellent Workplace
Cashier/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAOctober 2, 2017
What I learned at this workplace is that my personality fits in very well at an environment. Everyone is very uplifting and positive. Coming to work was just very positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.