The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Very busy restaurants
Star-Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: no breaks, busy forever
Overall, its a wonderful place to work with great management.
Learned a lot and ready to move on.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJJune 12, 2014
This is one of the harder companies to work for. At my particular location there were so many guests on a weekly basis that most employees could not handle the stress and would quit within a few weeks. The turnover rate there is crazy. At the location where I worked I worked there around 18 months. I was one of the hardest workers there and I felt like – more... I had to pull someone's arm or leg to get a raise, evaluation, or promotion that was promised. However, I learned a lot from the company. I learned to work faster and to multitask better. I learned about time management and working as team more efficiently.

This is just my personal experience and should not reflect the company as a whole. Other Individuals may have different experiences. – less
unorginized
Floater (Former Employee), Goldrock, NCJune 9, 2014
Doing a lot of things that if a team worked together vs complain the job would get done quicker. Managers never know when you are getting off or if you will have a full week of work. One 30 min Break even if you work over 8 hrs. Never prepared before shift is suppose to start.
Productive work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 9, 2014
I was a temporary worker and I went in to do my job. It was a very interesting job to learn.
high expectations for low pay
Certified trainer and closing server (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: large work force
Cons: corporate feeling
treat workers as if they are working in a 5 star restaurant when really they are serving basic food to the masses.
worked for this company for years and transferred to 3 different locationss
Server/Trainer/ corporate motivator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2014
Pros: great people and management
Cons: short breaks
never a boring moment very on the go from the moment you walked in..learned a lot about food knowledge and the correct ways of service.. co workers all joined together and made the day enjoyable.. not that is was a hard thing..but being on the go constantly.. great work out...
good food, good people!
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 7, 2014
Excellent food, friendly and supportive supervision, and decent compensation. The only downside in my experience working at the Cheesecake Factory was that I was not able to get more hours.
Mad house on Madison
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
The cheesecake factory has a great training program. The hours a long ,and the money is not that great .Overall its a good first serving job.
Productive and social workplace with many networking opportunities.
Designated Trainer and Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 3, 2014
Pros: work culture, scheduling, hour flexibility.
Cons: short breaks on double shifts.
A typical day at work consists of arriving on time in full uniform, completing a staff alignment with goals and expectations of the shift and starting the shift.
I've learned how to communicate with all types of different backgrounds and walks of life. I've learned how to train people effectively using the tools provided through my own training.
Management – more... is generally very effective. Always there for a helping hand, and generally willing to educate those who have questions.
The hardest part of the job is accounting for things you have no control over.
The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with the coworkers. – less
Server
Designated Trainer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2014
Waiting tables. Co-workers were great. Unless you are a closer you don't stay late.
Teamwork is key to success
Designated Trainer, Shift Leader, Server (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 2, 2014
Each team member manages a station while helping neighboring teammates as needed. Management ensures that guests have a memorable experience.
Fast pace work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 1, 2014
its a fast pace work environment with a multi cultural staff.
Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
A normal day is greeting tables and listening to what my guest want to eat. if its something we offer or if a custom dish that my guest may have thought of.
I love working with my team to make our guest happy.
Cashier/Baker (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 31, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, great guest
Cons: compensation package is not so great.
I answer the phones and assist guest with to-go food and cake orders. I jump in to help the baker fill tickets in a timely manner. I check out guest who are picking up or placing to-go orders in the restaurant as well as cheesecake to-go. I clean my work area and restock all paper goods in the bakery. I've learned all The Cheesecake Factory different – more... ways of orchestration and proper food handling. Management is one page away if I'm having a problem that I cant solve such as a refund, void or guest complaint. The hardest part of the job is when management cut the baker early and I 'm left with the responsibility of the cashier, baker and curbside person. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing every guest leave with a smile because their satisfied. Some of my coworkers are very helpful. Sometimes they will just stop by the bakery to see if I need help or if they can bring me anything. – less
Fun place to work for
Designated Trainer Host (Former Employee), las vegas, NVMay 30, 2014
fun, fast pace, met several new people, learned the food and beverage industry
Cheesecake factory
Server (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHMay 28, 2014
A typical day for me at The Cheesecake Factory are dealing with guest. sometimes the guest can be mean and nasty but for the most part they come in happy. I've learned to just get through the day by smiling and having a positive attitude. The best part about my job is interacting and meeting new people. The management team and employees are great to – more... work with and are almost like family. – less
Very high pressure and tense work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILMay 23, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: work with lazy people and barely get breaks
A typical day at work includes picking up dirty dishes, sorting and stacking them, washing the dishes and bringing them back up front to be used for customers.
great starter job
Lead Trainer (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 21, 2014
management can be picky and leading to picking favorites, but overall, good experience
fast paste stressful
Line Cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: get to cook diffrent foods
Cons: no breaks
i enjoyed cooking but the communication level between the managers was not that great
High volume, fast paced restaruant
Cook (Current Employee), Buford, GAMay 11, 2014
Pros: kitchen staff gets free meal. medical ins.
Cons: short breaks.
Management is Great! They are all very nice and helpful. From the start of a shift to the end you are going, going, going. Never a dull moment. Makes the sift fly right by.

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos