The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the search
Productive and very fast paced
Hostess/ Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2016
I really enjoy working for The Cheesecake Factory. They are a family oriented company who cares a lot about their employees. Also, they have great benefits.
Pros
50% dicount
Great Consulting Opportunity
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 19, 2016
I've been consulting for them on a project basis for more than 5 years and always enjoy their team and the projects. They work hard and play hard and are extremely committed to providing an exceptional experience for their guests.
Pros
Lots of perks, fast-paced environment
Cons
So much tantalizing food around to tempt you
It can be very stressful
WAIT STAFF AND HOST (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 18, 2016
You are always on the move. Managers don't understand the fact that some of us are in school and they expect us to work during school hours or give us bad schedules because we arent "open availability"
Pros
50% off meal when you work, 25% off anytime
Cons
short breaks on weekend, unreasonable with scheduling
Excellent Company
Server (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 17, 2016
An amazing company to work for. Here i learned what it means to be a real team player. With a wait out the door every day, you had to be a team player to make things run smoothly. Also i learned how The Cheesecake Factory trains new employees and the reasoning behind their training.
Fun place with great Food
Server (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2016
The typical day of waiting tables was just that. My co-workers were great and everyone tried to be supportive. The part of this job that was the most enjoyable was meeting new people every day.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 16, 2016
I love coming into work and getting to meet new people from all different places visiting the Boston area. I think I have an amazing work team and we do the best we can to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No breaks
Fast paced and very productive
SENIOR EXECUTIVE KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 16, 2016
Days included managing, coaching and developing staff and management staff.
Learned to manage all different aspects of a Profit and Loss statement as financials were always at top of mind.
I learned skills that range from teaching and developing to coaching a wide variety if HR issues.
Co workers are and have to be experienced and diverse in an ever evolving company and industry.
Staffing in the industry is an issue throughout so continuous interviewing was a must, this also applied to manager turn over.
The one thing I enjoyed most were not only the people I worked with but also the attention to detail and high standards.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Staffing issues due to high turnover
good food nice place to look at, but thats it.
dishwasher/ busser (Former Employee) –  PGH, PANovember 16, 2016
I think they have some good cheesecake and food items. I like looking at the building riding past , but other than that I don't like the inner workings of the factory I think its segregated within but passed down from the big wigs.
Pros
good food nice place to look at.
Cons
pay is horrible but not if your 13
its fast pace but good money.
Busser (Former Employee) –  International Drive, FLNovember 16, 2016
Its a very fast paced work place with a lot of customers and a lot of work to do to keep up with what the restaurant needs. The mangers are professional and the co-workers work as a team.
Pros
you make good money.
Cons
its stressful
Productive and fun work place
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2016
Each day was a different story with similar story line. I learned to appreciate the privilege/opportunity of being able to earn an income with an emphasis on taking pride in my own work and work ethic. Management communicated very effectively through entirety of shift. It was also easy to be heard by other co-workers because we were like a family. The hardest part of the job was keeping others on-task in such a social work environment where compensation is directly based on those exact hospitality services. The most enjoyable part of the job was having customers explicitly state to myself, manager, or other employee how hard I had been working consistently. I would look to keep the same pace and drive to succeed from the second I "clock on", until the second after I "clock out".
Great company
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 15, 2016
Great company to work for. They were able to work around my college school schedule. I learned a lot working here. I started out working as a dishwasher and moved up to a baker position. I am very outgoing, so I am able to meet different people everyday.
Fast pace, flexible and fun
Hostess/Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 15, 2016
My experience at the Cheesecake Factory was amazing. The customer service is amazing and they really teach you a lot while you work there. Moving up I. The company is encouraged and you meet tons of friendly people
Are you good at sucking up kissing behind?
Server (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 15, 2016
The headline pretty much sums it up; if you're a good kiss up and know how to suck up to management (also being female helps you even more) then this is the place for you.
Pros
Decent money if you can get on the scheduling managers good side
Cons
unfair sections, unfair sidework, long term employment gets you no where in moving up from a server
productive
Bakery Decorator (Former Employee) –  Battleboro, NCNovember 14, 2016
harding working productive day at work working in cold climate decorating cakes working in the finish department and putting topping on cakes to be prepared for sale
Very Productive work place.
Baker/Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 14, 2016
Very stressful and fast pace work job. Always aware of not losing or making the guest feel unwelcome. Difficult to work with because of management. They are not very well organized when it comes to some situations. Schedules were harsh and crucial because they would make you stay more than your time off.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management was hard to communicate with, Stayed past your schedule time off.
Very upscale, friendly environment.
Server/ Waiter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2016
This is one of the best places I have ever been employed. The customers are very friendly. My co-workers are awesome. I love the food! I would recommend this job to any one looking.
Great Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasNovember 11, 2016
I have been working here as a hostess since 2011 and I love it here. The managers adapt well to certain needs and the other employees are great also. That makes this place a great working enviornment
Hated this job
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2016
Worked for them and didn't get paid for 2 whole months, when I asked management they had no idea's to what was going on. They played alot of games, but the upside cool staff and good location.
chessecake
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newton Center, MANovember 10, 2016
i liked the job overall i just need more hours and a different location and environment. the people was very nice the management was good
N/a
Cook/Fry/Flat Top/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
Good job environment good hours real good opportunity to move up in food industry team and good co workers and a well work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cheesecake Factory Reviews by Location