The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the search
Good fast paced work
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great place to discover new foods and try new things . Always busy and I was my own cashier . Fast paced environment and loved it here . Taught me a lot bout clients and what team playing and helping out others is .
Pros
Always busy, on the go, learning new things and teach others others
Cons
Learning was daily and great tool
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2016
Great place for learning and growth. Had great relationship with fellow employees, The level of sanitation was second to none from all other jobs.. I feel like the management team was understanding and patient.
Pros
every worker was excellent at multi tasking, attention to details
Cons
diversity in management
Overall okay pay but very stressful and unorganized
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 29, 2016
Typical day at work as the cashier would be setting up bakery within an hour and a half before opening. Once open continue to prep, take care of customers, plate cheesecakes, answer phones/take orders, pack up to-go orders, and organizing and maintaining all paperwork throughout. Time management skills are a must or daily duties will get overwhelming as you are working alone during the a.m shift.
Pros
50% off meals every shift
Awful management, stress isn't worth the bare minimum money, rude customers.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2016
Inadequate/sub-par management. They will either work you like a slave and pay you nothing or give you barely any hours. The co-workers are seemingly friendly yet filled with drama as any restaurant would be. Unfortunately although this would typically be a great company to work for the Raleigh location in particular is a twilight zone that will suck your soul.
A Fun and Yum place to work!
Treasury Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CASeptember 27, 2016
Very good workplace with many food and snacks, we had bagel day and donut day on a weekly basis.
Sometimes we got to taste the new flavors of cheesecake from the test kitchen and gave our vote and opinions.
Definitely, a great place to work for foodies.
Pros
Free snacks
Productive work place always busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioOctober 23, 2016
This was a decent place to work always busy money was great and over the people were good people there is always a constant flow of people they genuinely provide great service and excellent food
Pros
Free lunches fun live atmousphere
Cons
No breaks not the best scheduling
Its a very fun place to work at, learning oppertunites are everywhere.
Front Desk Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 8, 2016
The cheesecake Factory is a really good place to work, very friendly environment, everyone is always ready to help you out, moving up in the company is not a problem, in 2 years Ive learned a lot, mangers help you reach your potential, they guide you to successes, teach you how to reach your own personal goals, Ive learned how to be a leader and how to be patient and how to teach others all that I know in a way that makes them feel good about their work.
The hardest part about my job is sometimes thinking after doing. It takes time to learn how to do it the right way.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I have the pleasure of meeting everyday and the amazing connections we build over time.
Pros
great oppertunites to move up
Cons
not enough hours
Living the dream
Chef (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2016
Cheesecake is a place where you truly have No limits on how far you can go. They train you efficiently to be proficient and they are with you all the way with whatever you may decide to do
Pros
Free employee meals, paid time off, understanding management staff
Cons
Healthcare ia good but costly, raises given in .50 increments
Each location varies...
Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2016
X years ago, the Tucson location was amazing, but the effects of mediocre management (GM, AM) have trickled down throughout the entire restaurant. Apathy, incompetence and lack of accountability at the top are driving this place into the ground.
Pros
22% suggested gratuity
Cons
Endless
the cheesecake factory is a good restaurant to dine
Cashier/busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056November 30, 2016
my typical day at work would be clocking in first on time. put on my apron and start getting plates, forks spoons etc and putting them in a rack so the guy thats dish washing could wash them for you
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough hours sometimes
Excellent Company
Server (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 17, 2016
An amazing company to work for. Here i learned what it means to be a real team player. With a wait out the door every day, you had to be a team player to make things run smoothly. Also i learned how The Cheesecake Factory trains new employees and the reasoning behind their training.
They don't care about there workers
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 17, 2016
Your first 3 months are cool but after that they own you I mean for real you work there and they move you up to control you you will not have a home life you will be told that your kids don't matter to them you just better have there food
Cons
Money is ok and that is it
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2016
The money at this job is decent in the fact that you get a base salary and then you can also make tips on top. So I did end up making about 15 dollars an hour but its not even close to worth the money. The people in that restraunt are all literally ignorant and are lazy. The managers are the worst of the bunch from sleeping with employees to doing drugs. These people cant have authority because they are the worst of the bunch.
Fast-Paced Resturant with a community feel
Server (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 13, 2016
The Most memorable part of working for the Cheese Cake is when new menu items are presented. We are required to not only know the ingredients for proper description and allergy alert for our customers but how the meal taste to give a true opinion or recommendation of the new addition. The fun part were the games our manager had us compete in for sales and just over all family vibe that the Cheese Cake provided for us as a unified team.
Pros
Ability to shark at other locations
Cons
tight Schedule/ hard to shark
wonderfully fast paced, motivating atmosphere that pays!
Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 24, 2016
such a great place, oh my gosh, I love the cheesecake factory everybody should work there. managers actually care about you the cliental is so friendly and generous. warm and inviting atmosphere for new hires.
Fast-paced work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 4, 2016
I would show up, gear up, and get straight to working. Constantly moving and always standing. Very physically demanding work. Co-workers were great, from dishwashers to hosts.
Pros
Free soup, bread, and drinks
Cons
Physically demanding labor, always standing
Busser (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 24, 2016
Good place to work. Very fast paced job with its slow times as well. Friendly staff and employees. Good character building. Management is very pushy and not concerned for the employees well being
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Many slow months and rough management
Fast paced, high energy atmosphere
Waiter/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2016
Served customers, trained new employees, and performed various side work duties. Collected money from servers for the food runners and dispersed the following day to the appropriate people. I learned how to work fast and efficiently. Management and co-workers were all terrific to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the co-workers and guests.
Fast-paced, growing company, and lots of opportunity!
Server/Trainer/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 1, 2016
You make great money and lots of friends! Lots of opportunity to transfer or open new restaurants in any part of the US or different countries if you desire!
Pros
30 minute breaks for every 5 hours worked, healthcare, busy
Cons
disrespectful management, lack of tools
Very diverse place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 19, 2016
For the most part I enjoy working here. I have met some many great people and learned so much about different culture. I usually have a lot of fun and laughs on the job. Even though there are sometimes hard times this is probably the best restaurant I have worked at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.