The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

my review of cheesecake factory
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
I have been employed there nearly five year I have no complaints, I have moved up been asked to do any thing different . I was a prep cook at my former job located in Texas at the cheesecake factory in friends wood Tx. I was the lead dishwasher part time line cook . Since I have been at cheesecake Orlando I have basically been taking out trash and working in dish.
Pros
no free lunches
Good career move.
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2017
Hard fast pace work environment, with top expectations. Willing to train. Great work hours. sometimes management slips up, but I guess this is kind of expected because it is 9x out of 10 very busy.
Pros
Good pay, great hours, and room for advancement.
Cons
Very stressful.
Great people, great managers, great atmosphere
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 12, 2017
If you want a career in the hospitality/food service industry, the Cheesecake Factory is the place to be! The managers are attentive to your needs, everyone is helpful and cooperative, and there are great benefits if you work enough hours. They do lots of fun things outside of the Cheesecake Factory like trips to Six Flags and beach days. They give back to the community with the annual peanut butter drive, collections for disasters like the hurricane relief effort, and so much more. I've never seen nor worked in a place that feels like a big family. The hours can be long and the guests can be outrageous, but at the end of the day you have a great team of co-workers and managers that are there for you.
Pros
Management, free food on doubles, 50% discount on any food item per shift
Cons
Long hours on doubles
Friendly staff,descent managment
Host, Busser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2017
Its very fast paced. Very demanding, and very busy. For the more 'well trained' restaurant worker. It stays busy from open to close so there is always something to do.
Pros
Great Learning experience
Cons
No breaks
Its not for everyone
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
It can be too much to handle for some people because it is very fast paced and you need to have good time management skills. It does get very busy especially during season.
Pros
Half-off food, can make some money
Cons
No breaks, bad tippers, usually will work during holidays
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy working there it is a great place to make a career out of but very long hours when they need u and very low hour when they don't. I work there for many years
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad hours
Good Money Flexible
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2017
Was very good money and schedule was very flexible. You can swap shifts with others on a website. You must also food run and stuff. Thanks for listening
fast paced
PREP/DISHWASHER (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 11, 2017
very busy job, need to work fast paces, no slacking around. they are numerous of people that work with you so you guys won't fall behind. lets us listen to music.
Pros
food is great
Cons
gets busy
productive workplace
Busser/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 11, 2017
It is a good place to start off til you find a better situation thats more suitable to what u want to do. I really needed a job real quick and they gave me a opportunity to better myself and my life. They gave me a chance when nobody else would
Pros
always have work
Cons
they dont show you by raises by the good work that you do.
Excellent place to work if you like to be busy
Senior manager 2 (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 11, 2017
Very fast pace but great team work and lots of fun. High standards in every aspect of business- nothing but the best. Lots of opportunities for advancement
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Always busy
The Cheesecake Factory
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
My experience at the Seattle location is definitely challenging, though I will just say that I loved working with them and it was time to go. Sometimes the nicest thing to say, is that I loved the job and not the environment or structure.
Pros
The Management Team
Cons
Poorly Staff
Fast past
Baker (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYOctober 10, 2017
I like working at the Cheesecake Factory but I don’t get enough hours and I get paid 2 a week having about 35 hours. Very fast past which I like because the day goes by faster.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No hours
Good company
Senior Manager II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
Good company to work for in the restaurant environment. They are on top of the game with procedures for everything down to the light bulbs. Would like to see more use of technology in the operations.
Productive and fun place to work
Lead Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2017
I loved working here. Unfortunately I did have to move and leave the company. Management was a lot of fun to work with. Money used to be better before they ended gratuity.
fun place to work
Broiler/Pasta Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 9, 2017
Starting your day by checking your station . Making sure it was cleaned properly the night before. Checking over the par sheet for that station. Begin prep for the items that is needed for the entire day. When working with others as a team player things get done faster. The management is great they communicate well. Working with my co workers is like family away from home. The biggest challenge for me is making the guest happy and the find their way back to the cheesecake factory. I love when the managers compliment the presentation of my food and the guest give great compliments as well.
Pros
rewards everyone ice cream, smoothies, breakfast, donuts etc.
Cons
no breaks or short breaks, long hours
summary
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 9, 2017
good job depending on the management team.fast pace environment very stressful and clientele could be a problem at times the co workers are amazing and make it bearable.
Fast paced environment working with a wonderful staff
Server/Bartender, Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 9, 2017
A typical day was very fast paced. Every day consisted of financial reconciliation, labor and cost control, inventory, coaching, and directing a smooth shift. I learned something new everyday in every aspect of the restaurant. The hardest part of the job was counseling staff members. The best part of the job was the people I worked with
Pros
Free food, benefits
Cons
time away from family
Not Worth The Stress
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Working as a line cook there is very stressful. When they are understaffed they will make you work multiple 12 hour shifts and when they are overstaffed you can get less than 30 hours. So hours are very unpredictable. The coworkers are often very rude and they hire people with practically no experience so they are very difficult to train considering how fast paced the restaurant is and how much goes into each recipe. Managers are often very unhelpful when you are busy so you are set up to fail a lot of times. Pay isn't bad but definitely not enough for the amount of work you have to do. Only good part is that you get free meals and good benefits.
Pros
Benefits, cheap health insurance, free food
Cons
Often no breaks on 12 hour shifts, hard to keep up, poor management, rude coworkers
Zero
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 8, 2017
If ZERO stars were an option, I would put that. The servers are very competitive and I feel as if they recruit from the unemployment office. The quality of Cheesecake Factory workers are less than sub par.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything but Discount
Fast paced, great atmosphere
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2017
Enjoyed the job duties, the atmosphere, the employees, the managers, the work as a broil cook, the discounted meals, the diverse atmosphere, and the communication
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.