The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

n/a
Baker (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 12, 2015
not the best but good for part-timers.Not the ideal place to start a career. management is mediocre and does not help with growth
Fast pace environment
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 11, 2015
Just get ready to work hard especially if your second shift. The work environment is pretty busy. It was a good company to work and the staff was pretty cool.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Getting Paid Every Two Weeks
very productive a lot of fun
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 10, 2015
prep all types of foods. To be very productive with time manger, Management is very down to earth and helpful. cool co-workers.the hardest part was getting all task done in time. i enjoy the job skills and life lessons.
Pros
free lunch good people
Cons
less hours
Team work is a dream work
Server/designated trainer (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 10, 2015
I loved working for the cheesecake factory and would return but interested in changing fields. They have policies that really formed a great work environment. This company taught me a lot about working in a team and relying on my co-workers for a helping hand. I also had the opportunity to lead and train new employees which was a great experience in general.
Fun place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 9, 2015
It good if get enough days in, You get paid each day you work which is good for some people who need that. You make a lot with tips, but not enough with taxes for your checks.
Pros
reduce or free meals, lots of tip money
Cons
small pay checks
Productive and always busy
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 9, 2015
The Cheesecake Factory is a very busy place, with high energy that helps make your shift go by incredibly fast. Management can sometimes not always be on the same page which can make the job sometimes difficult. Your co-workers really become like your family, you all may not always see eye to eye, at the end of the they all come together like a team. Overall a great place to work if you like a fast paced environment.
Pros
Half off on lunch
Cons
No breaks/Lunch unless on a double
Busy but easy workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 9, 2015
Good work place with lots of different people. Very hard work and stressful at times. Coworkers and management very friendly and helpful. Always on your feet and busy.
Pros
Free food on doubles, 50% discount when working, healthcare for full time
Cons
No free time, short breaks
Professional Fun Enviroment to work in
NRO, Operations Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 7, 2015
The staff and management are amazing people to work with. Everything about this company is well organized and proficient.
It's a good place to start
Cashier/Baker (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GANovember 5, 2015
there is opportunity to grow with the company. fun place to work at but unfortunately managements in some stores are not trained enough .
Productive, and fun workplace
Guest Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2015
Greet guests in a timely manner. Ensured guests received exceptional service. Expressed my knowledge of items sold, daily specials, and new items. Trained new employees and shared knowledge. Answering questions and making reservations via phone
Pros
50% off one meal after work day, flexible hours beauitful work enviorment
Cons
No benefits, pay not consistent
productive and fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 2, 2015
The cheesecake factory is a great place to work if you enjoy the face paced work environment. The staff is wonderful. I started as a hostess then became a server. Good money for the hard work you put in.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
unsteady hours
Fast paced, fun people and great attitude
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 31, 2015
Being a hostess was the best job that taught me that first appearances matter. My job was to meet and greet customers and help them to their desired table. The hostess is the face of the resturaunt because I'm the first person you see before your dining in experience begins. It taught me that every person is different but in the end, we all just want to enjoy a great meal with family and friends. This team is an amazin team because this was the first team that taught me working together helps in the long run. It was never one perosn that would tend to a specific job. Everyone helps everyone. The hardest part of this job would be the complaints our customers would give to the managers. As a hostess, I would seat you at your preferred table with the open seating that we had. The best part of this job was the people I worked with.
Great Place to work financially
Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 30, 2015
This is a very high-paced environment. If you are needed money in a short time, this is an excellent location to work for. management is very caring and considerate; however, they are not too good with letting people have time off for anything other than school classes, in which you have t supply an actual school schedule and you only get those times off.
Pros
Good financially, respectful management, friendly enviornment
Cons
short breaks if any, poor with time off
Terrible Management
Busser (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work consists of bussing tables and setting them. It is not an ideal job but it pays well. Co-workers are easy to work with, did not learn much other then how to bus a table, and the hardest part of the job is dealing with the management. Its completely unprofessional in there.
Pros
50% off of lunch
Amazing
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 25, 2015
I currently work at The Cheesecake Factory, and while it is hard and demanding work, I couldn't be happier. Everyone I work with is friendly and the company really pushes for teamwork. My managers are friendly and helpful and notice if you're having a bad day and try to help you in any way possible. I make great money in tips and they offer medical benefits if you work enough hours a week. They are very flexible with their scheduling and do whatever they can to help you succeed in not just your work life. I am very happy to have a job here.
Pros
great management, clean and friendly work place, helpful coworkers
Cons
a lot to keep up with
very fun
Customer Service/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 24, 2015
I loved working at the Cheesecake Factory! I have met the best people ever there. Overall a great company to work for. Room to advance.
Station Awarness
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 22, 2015
The hardest part of the job is making sure your station is fully stocked and prepared to do 150 person an hour cover. The line holds 15 people at 9 stations so keeping up can be an initial struggle but mostly everyone there is ready to have a good customer friendly work day.
Pros
Green Tickets
Cons
great environment with amazing staff
busser (Current Employee) –  friendswood, txOctober 22, 2015
great environment, management is one of the best ive ever worked with, everyone is very friendly and extremely inviting. fast paced but very well balanced atmosphere
fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 21, 2015
This is a great place to work. Everyone gets along fairly well. It isnt like the other restaurant I have worked at. Management actually seems to care about you and your schedules. They are very flexible if you are in school.
An exciting and fulfilling career where I get to interact with new guests every day.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 21, 2015
A typical day includes making sure my work place is set up for success, meeting guests expectations and creating an environment of complete satisfaction.
Multi-tasking is part of my daily routine and has become one of my major attributions. Teamwork is a valuable necessity in my job which I thrive on as well.
Being able to get interact with people in an every day setting and making sure they leave with a smile on their face is what makes my career at The Cheesecake Factory so enjoyable.