The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work!
SERVER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, good money, and great work experience.
Cons: long hours, short/no breaks sometimes, customers with bad behavior
A typical day consists of coming in on top, in proper uniform attire, checking daily specials, checking your section, making sure you know what your running/closing side work is and waiting on guests with a smile. I've learned many skills such as, patience, multi-tasking, time-management, and customer service skills. The management at Cheesecake Factory – more... is phenomenal. They listen and have effective communications skills to make the work place easier to work in and more enjoyable. The people to are amazing because we really work as a team. What I enjoy most about working at Cheesecake Factory is the feeling that I am appreciated for my hard work and that I'm not just another server in a restaurant, making it easier and more fun to come to work! – less
classy
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: breaks sometimes
management talks bad to employer. lack of employers. I jus wasn't happy there
If you do one favor they take advantage of it
Cashier (Current Employee), White PlainsAugust 21, 2014
Pros: food is delicious
Your co workers tend to be in a horrible mood because of not getting a proper tip. The gossip that spreads is ridiculous.
Fun work environment with a very diverse staff and clientelle
Hostess (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityAugust 18, 2014
Pros: fun work environment with interesting people
Cons: no breaks and usually got off way later than scheduled
This job was one of the more simple jobs that I have taken on. It was easy even though it was very busy. My favorite part of the job was all the new people I would meet and how each day was different. I didn't care for the fact that I could only leave when I was officially 'cut', even though my schedule had a specific time that I was off.
executed excellent service to guests in a fast paced, high volume enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Natick, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free bread
Cons: health care, tip outs, money accountability system, lack in teamwork effort, short or no breaks on a double shift.
A typical work day would begin with punching in and being in your assigned station at your in time. Punctuality is key. I would make sure my section was set up properly and ready for my first guest seating. I would also help inspect and set up the rest of the restaurant in the morning shifts. Each guest seating requires a timed steps of service which – more... insures quality satisfaction for the guests. During the shift, each section is assigned running (during the shift) and closing (end of the shift) side work which must be accounted for by the shift leader (closer). Once side work is complete and signed off for, I am responsible for counting my credit card payments and discounts or comps. and all paperwork and cash was deposited in a safe. I have learned to step up my efforts to become a better server at the Cheesecake Factory. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the menu items and knowing their ingredients for allergy purposes. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent service and always leaving the guests happy about their experience. Management was very efficient in regulating rules in the company. They were flexible to an extent but also firm on expectations. – less
great company
Front of the house staff (Current Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 14, 2014
a great place to work with systems and policies in place to provide great customer service to guests
fast, little to no breaks
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: little to no breaks
maybe it just wasn't for me but working full 8 to 10 hour shifts with one break if you're luckey
Cheesecake factory
Dishwasher (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: meal discounted
Cons: working conditions
Working at the cheesecake factory was a horrible experience. management has no concern about it's employees and don't care about the working conditions
Enjoyable work environment
Baker (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, 50% discounts on food
Cons: challenge for hours.
Normal weekdays consist of taking take out orders for deserts while making sure desert that are placed for dine in are properly plated and sent out in a orderly fashion.
Productive and fast paced restaurant
Front desk hostess (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 1, 2014
Like any normal restaurant, handling food, busing tables, help and serve guests to their accommodations and preferations.
Disappointment
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: one free meal
Cons: extremly long hours, short breaks, no real training.
Training policies are lacking as well as Management. Would not recomend working here. Training is short and incomplete. Management gets frustrated although does not teach the correct way to complete the tasks. Co-workers are completely singular and will not offer guidance or help. You come into work knowing that you are completely on your own each day.
A learning experience
dishwasher (Current Employee), las olasJuly 31, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
A great experience. The cheesecake factory has helped me gain strength in many areas of my life. The managers are awesome and they click with the co workers. The hardest part is the physical labor.i did the math i am lifting about 5,000 pound per night. The greatest lesson is being humble.
A day as a Cheesecake Factory manager.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, life learned lessons
Cons: long work hours, high volume of customers
A lot went into this job. Paying attention to labor costs was a must, hiring and staffing your work group, communicate with all management, disciplining of staff, implementation of new menu items.
I learned a lot from this job. I learned how to be a manager and a leader. This job tested me and I found ways and have refined my managing methods that work – more... best for me.
My management team was good, I learned a lot about managing staff from these colleagues.
My co-workers were great and very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was the hours and the volume of food that would be produced per shift at these restaurants.
The enjoyable part was the people I met along the way in this job. – less
Best restaurant chain to work
Classroom Facilitator, Designated Trainer, Server (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYJuly 29, 2014
Excellent managerial skills, excellent training, care about employees, easy to take time off
Consistency of running various cakes
Production Worker (Current Employee), Battleboro, NCJuly 28, 2014
Constantly running different cakes on lines an the smell of the delicious cakes are overwhelming of course and being able to have conversation with many coworkers about what we do at work and outside of work.
Of the Cheesecake Factory
Server (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, OHJuly 28, 2014
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work. It is constantly busy and there are many duties that I have. I have learned many things from working as a server. I have formed the ability to read people after serving for over six years. It is very important to have good personal skills because I work in a very diverse place. The managers at The Cheesecake – more... Factory are very hardworking. They are extremely busy with keeping up with the front of the house and the back of the house. Teamwork is one of the best qualities of The Cheesecake Factory making my job not that difficult. For example, when ever I am super busy, it is easy for me to ask a co-worker for help. I love the staff because they are enjoyable to be around. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. I love being able to serve many different people and learning different things about them. – less
always fun
Trainer/Guest Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 28, 2014
Gotta know those menu items! great friends great people. hours are not so great !
fun place to work
Dishwasher And Food Preparation (Current Employee), san JuanJuly 26, 2014
Fast moving job. learned many things in the food industry .nit a bad place to work if you like to work with food
fun, upbeat and exciting
Server Assistant (Former Employee), pittsburgh, paJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great co workers, free meals
i loved working here as well , i would have never left but i had to move to robinson to help family. Here i was the head server assistant . i trained the other bussers , and made the schedule.
Upbeat and fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and coming to work everyday was easy for me. Managers were awesome and always willing to help. I learned a lot about costumer service with this job.

About The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 160 upscale, full-service casual dining restaurants, 146 under The Cheesecake Factory – Read more

The Cheesecake Factory Photos