The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
memorization is your friend here
Server (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 14, 2017
Can be very busy or very slow. There is a lot to remember as far as the menu goes and strict guidelines you have to follow. If you work during the weekdays you make very little money
fast past environment with full support of entire team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
High standards with high volume. achievable goals and positive attitudes is an everyday occurrence. this is where winners work.they have full training that is documented every day. A team driven and friendly environment.
Pros
always busy
Cons
always busy
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 10, 2017
Fast paced restaurant with great atmosphere and delicious good. Staff discounts available and plenty of opportunity to make good money. Coworkers are very friendly and management actually cares about their staff.
Great environment with friendly individuals
Host (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 10, 2017
This is my first host job and I find it to be very self explanatory. The work environment is fast paced but it keeps you on your toes. Your coworkers work hand and hand with you so it makes both your jobs easier.
Pros
Discounts, great people to be around, and great pay.
Cons
There is a high value of people who love this place which causes a wait time on occasion.
Great place of work!
Server (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 10, 2017
I loved to work here! It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Management was fantastic, coworkers were great, guests mostly nice and easy to please. i loved it here!
It was a fun company to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
The company itself was a great environment to be in, I was just not to happy with how things were going with management. If those factors could be altered I would love to stay.
Fun workplace with exceptional teamwork and room for advancement
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher/steward (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 10, 2017
Loved working with the company and really appreciated all room for advancement given. Management is very friendly, easy to work with and pushes you to do your best.
Pros
Fair pay opportunity for ot
Cons
Intense at times
Complex
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2017
HUGE, menu and crazy high standards. Always busy, some of their locations have a patio which tends to make for long nights. A sense of pride when you work there
Pros
Always busy, high check avg
Cons
Always busy, late nights
fast paced
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 9, 2017
Distance was too far for travel,long hours with short breaks.Majority of shifts were closing which did not get out til early morning hours. long shifts, poor quality of life
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
productive fun workplace
Accounting Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 8, 2017
The Cheesecake Factory is a great place to work. The management is very hands on and team oriented. The culture promotes a balanced lifestyle and fun approach to work.
Pros
Lots of cheesecake
Cons
gaining weight :)
Fast pace
Cook, team lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Random hours, unsatisfied with benefit, but able to learn my job quick and easy. I did enjoy cooking for the company. Management was satisfactory. I enjoyed being a team lead.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Discount
Consistent Excellence
Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2017
The days were fast and jam packed, but the I made some friends and learned valuable lessons along the way. I enjoyed the restaurant prior to working there, I appreciate it even more now. The customers were great and the camaraderie and rapport built with my teammates was second to none.
Pros
Never Bored!
Cons
Always on your feet
Fun work place at a high Pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2017
It's a lot of hard work at a high pace. You have to get stuff send out to the floor at a reasonable time to get tables set up and have all the places cleaned and brought to the cook line for the cooks to put the food.
productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dulles Town Center, VAAugust 7, 2017
It was a great time working for the cheesecake factory. Everyone is welcomed with a warm smile and it was also a pleasant working environment. There are great benefits to working this job and always opportunities to grow in this industry.
Terrible Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 5, 2017
Management is absolutely terrible. Most of the employees they hire are involved with drugs and don't show up to work. They schedule doubles and dont allow breaks. Pay is ok..
Pros
50% food when you work
Successful Management and Minimum Training
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  1350 Stoneridge Mall Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588August 4, 2017
My Experience at the Cheese Cake Factory had an excellent Staff, but not enough training including health standards. I consider it a great experience to start out a job but not permanent. I had an incredible honor to work with such a amazing team through the months I had worked their.
Pros
Fresh made Lunches, Excellent Staff
Cons
Healthcare, Not enough Training
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 4, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Benefits are fantastic. The majority of the people that work there are great. There are times where someone will feel under appreciated. Also, just like any other restaurant there will be inefficiencies with the way somethings are done.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Depending on the position held, one can feel overworked.
i made consistant money
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 4, 2017
Cheesecake has a good enough following to where i made pretty consistent tips, i had the ability to pick up shifts on their hot schedules program, and learned how to deal with a variety of customers.
A lot of unnecessary stress added to your life
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 3, 2017
Managers have favorites. Getting a manager to do anything is like pulling teeth if you're not a favorite. The free meals on doubles are not worth eating because the kitchen makes the food for employees poorly.
Pros
The hourly plus tips
Cons
No breaks, managers, unnappreciated
Amazing work place and atmosphere.
Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2017
I met some of my life-long friends working at the Cheesecake Factory. When I was in my accident 2011, the entire restaurant made sure everyone was fed, (who flew out to visit) stayed fed.
Pros
Free lunch, great food!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cheesecake Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cheesecake Factory Reviews by Location