The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Employee Reviews in United States

Allowed for ample learning opportunities
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to learn with the guidance of supervisors. Usefull skills were learned autonomously. Exciting to learn at the job.
Not student oriented
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  DCMay 12, 2015
The administration of the Chicago School did not display a true concern or goal for the student's enrolled. By advocating for students administration created false information in order to justify unfair employment practices.
Cons
poor administration, management
Great place to work with great staff
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for an exemplar school specializing in educating students in psychology and related fields such as Applied Behavior Analysis.
An Organization with Absolutely NO Ethics!
Office Support - Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2014
I had the displeasure of working for this company years ago and I cannot tell you how happy I was to move on! A typical day consisted of unethical behavior, gossip, racism, favortism, professional bullying and unfair politics. African-American and Latino students and employees are often nothing more than targets. Looking back, the problem seemed to originate with upper management where the effects were experienced and perpetuated in all levels of Operations. Management (particularly HR) brushed the complaints that were so often hurled at them (via employees and third parties) under the carpet with financial settlements, low disciplinary measures, suspicious terminations and the old "blind eye". I would not recomend this organization to anyone... unless they were an investigator with the EEOC. BEWARE! If you are a student or professional with any level of moral or ethical decency, seek an organization that actually stands for DIVERSITY in education!
Pros
great compensation; great location, lots of discounts and perks
Cons
unethical behavior, lack of diversity, "questionable" hr practices, no team players
Teaching creates learning for both the student and the teacher.
Statistics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
This position, while not structured, provided the opportunity to enforce key learnings from courses. There was little structure provided, as well as essential tools to successfully complete tasks.
Fair
Dissertation Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2014
The school is expensive, but they provide a good overall education.
Very focused on quality education for its students - both personally and professionally
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2013
I enjoy working with a diverse group of colleagues with varied backgrounds and experiences. It gives an opportunity to learn new ideas for possible implementation for my own teaching practices or in business related endeavors.
Good benefits but not all depts or campuses are created equal
Associate Director of Admission (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2013
I have a great, fun team and benefits are pretty good. However, our staff works the most as compared to other depts, even though we are supposed to have comparable work hours. The nature of our business makes it a challenge to take time off and the work can be repetitive. Yet, the people around me are bright and it would behoove the institution to cultivate internal talent. I've learned a lot in terms of director management, budgets, and marketing.
Pros
good health & retirement benefits
Cons
poor work-life balance for admission staff, vacation approval can be a challenge
Great People and Great Mission
Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2012
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is located in Downtown LA and prepares student to become professionals in the field of Psychology. Our core values are Education, Service, Community and Innovation. TCSPP offers graduate level degrees as well as certifications and produces students who are well prepared to pass state licensure exams. The school currently covers three floors of a historic building and is continues to grow!
Pros
great people, clean environment
Cons
no parking provided
Fun place to work!
Admission Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2012
I work in the admissions department at TCS. Daily work involves reviewing applications, speaking with current/prospective students over the phone, through email, and by campus visists.