The Chickasaw Nation

The Chickasaw Nation Employer Reviews

Lots of Opportunity with geat benefits
Marketing/Education/Child Welfare (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The tribe is an excellent place to work in any capacity. I just relocated to an area where it has been difficult to transfer employment.
Retail Management position
Retail Tobacco Store General Manager (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: tribal business with political involvement.
As General Manager,a wide range of responsibilities were required including recruiting, training, and on site management of staff as well as continual monitoring of inventory, facility maintenance, and oversight of all business aspects.
Excellant pay rate, paid holidays and vacation time.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay rate, vacation time, holiday pay
While I was employed with CNI, Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, In was where I worked. I helped prepare over 33,000 soldiers become dentally ready to deploy overseas. I met a lot of new people that were there for training or deployments themselves for 90 days to 1 year. I enjoyed knowing what I was going to do each day, co-workers, paid holidays and great hourly pay.
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Technician Level II (Former Employee), Ada, OKDecember 23, 2014
I worked in the pharmacy at the Chickasaw Nation, a Native American tribe with its headquarters in my hometown. I was an outpatient pharmacy technician, both state and nationally certified. On a typical day, we would fill about 1,200 prescriptions, maybe 1,500 on busy days. My day was generally spent answering phones, helping out at the front desk, perhaps in the back manually filling prescriptions, or working in the drive-through. I was the night tech, so I was responsible for keeping the robot running smoothly, and doing all of the day duties with a smaller staff in the evenings.

We had a great group of pharmacists and technicians, all working together well.
Good place to work if you like extra work
Cashier (Former Employee), Ada, OKDecember 22, 2014
It was a good place to work. Loved the people I worked with even though there were times when we were short-staffed and we had to do extra on top of the duties we already had. I didn't mind the extra work but being short-staffed a lot of times made it difficult to enjoy the job.
Rewarding and the reasons in wanting to persue more of a challenge.
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg North CarolinaNovember 15, 2014
Pros: willingness to except any challenge.
Cons: patients
I enjoyed the interaction with the Patients (Soldiers) and co-worker and my subordinates. I had been a Contractor with Chick-a-Saw Nation under the Dentac command for 7yrs., and I can look back and appreciate my experiences that has prepared me to this point. I AM humbled...
Nice place to work
IT Records Management Lead (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 9, 2014
Nice place to work, no complaints. I would work for this company again.
Horrible management on Medicare contract
Case Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma cityOctober 4, 2014
Pros: choice of hour lunch or 30 minutes
Cons: poor medical coverage
Supervisors did not have your back as they were intimidated by their boss. Time off was virtually hard to get. If you didn't have FMLA you were always worried about taking time off. It was all about meeting numbers you worked through lunch or breaks to meet numbers or be intimidated about losing our job. It was like being in High school. Worst company/contract I have ever worked for.
A fun and flexible job
Black Jack Dealer/Floor Manager (Former Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay for easy work. fun environment. coworkers. flexibility with scheduling
Cons: overnight hours, intoxicated or upset customers, the constant classes and license renewals that made life hectic
A typical day at work was our shift meeting first thing that brought us up to date on what was going on on the floor.

The most important thing I learned while employed there was customer service. Learning how to deal with customers from all levels of mental and emotional states. It taught me a lot about self-control and how to make somebody laugh that normally would not have.

My coworkers were fantastic. I am still in touch with many of them today.

Hardest part of the job was working the overnight shift

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid to have fun.
Company
Travel Administrator at Health and Human Services (Current Employee), Washington DCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: no room for growth.
Great company to work for. Love my job. This company is new it just brought out A+Government solutions.
Good Company
Senior Windows System Administrator III (Current Employee), Ft BelvoirSeptember 17, 2014
Good Company to work for. Would love to stay but they lost the contract.
The Chickasaw Nation is the best place I have ever worked.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Ada, OKSeptember 5, 2014
I've learned many things in my time at The Chickasaw Nation; time management, group work without group think, and customer service skills to name a few.

We have great leadership in all areas, who allow each employee the opportunity to grow and experience different aspects of the Chickasaw Nation.
Welcoming Place of Employment
Environmental Technician (Current Employee), Tishomingo, OKSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits: healthcare, 401k etc. scheduled holidays, business hours
Cons: driving (temporary)
Typical day consist's of tasks given by day supervisor. Management is very informative on what needs to be done. And works with everyone as best as possible with their personal schedule. Co-workers are welcoming. Not a frown in sight.
Housekeeping
Housemen (Former Employee), Sulphur OklahomaAugust 29, 2014
Bad Management Co workers run the facility and they are always understaffed.
Fun & challenging work environment with lots of people interaction
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Ada, OKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good wages & benefits
Cons: unclear directions on how to advance in career
I learned a lot at this company. Co-workers were great. We had fun in the work place while successfully being profitable & productive.
A fun place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Ardmore, OKAugust 14, 2014
It is a laid back job and you get to work out. You may get bored but you can always find something to do.
Great job
DATA ENTRY CLERK I (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 7, 2014
Pros: lunch time and breaks are good time length
Cons: all was great
challenging work, co-workers were so helpful, managers and team leaders were great and patience,
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Case Analyst (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2014
Pros: a great team of professionals i was privilege to have worked with
Cons: no suitable break areas or appropriate lighting in work area
My department was a fast past department and any challenge presented to us we conquered it with accuracy and team work.
Working with good people that get work done
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Ada, OKJuly 18, 2014
Pros: idp
My job is very smooth place to work i have good co workers bosses that i enjoy
Great place to start gov contracting
IT Management Specialist/Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Norman, OKJuly 17, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: pay
Going through reorganization and it will develop into a fantastic company soon.

1 2 3 4