The Chickasaw Nation Employee Reviews in United States

Productive busy enviorment
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 25, 2016
very basic kitchen cafeteria style
poor management
very stuck in there ways no room for change
the ppl are all great
work is mandatory no matter what especially snow days
hardest part and best part is dealing with the ppl
Chikasaw
Senior Health Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great organization for contract work with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). Hours are flexible with ability to work from home.
Great Work Environment
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
This is a great place to work, although the director is a bit pushy, a little to hard to employees who are starting off. Also the director does not have the best communication skills, never identified herself as a director, but when I found out show she was it was like she was super hard on me like I was suppose to know everything within the first couple of days. I loved my supervisor she was amazing and very informative she taught me lot over a short period of time. Perfect team of people besides the director.
Great Company with Energetic People
Secure Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 1, 2016
Great company with energetic people. Managers are kind and care about their employees. Loved my experience there. Would work there again.
Independent and lean forward company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for this employer. Always caring and supportive of staff. Very helpful and quick with information needed.
awsome place to work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 11, 2016
I learned how to roof. and how to frame houses. I also learned a lot about my culture. and I had a lot of fun. great place to work. and learn. I give them a big thumbs up.
Interesting but not enough
Bike Patrol (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKFebruary 27, 2016
Work is fun and the people you work with are really awesome. HOWEVER you get paid 11.80 an hour even with certifications. That is almost 3 dollars an hour less then most other companies pay. They want bike patrol outside in all types of weather but pay us the same as the little 90 year old lady watching a door. Doesn't seem right at all. Managements doors are always open and everyone is cool to talk to but just remember there is a price you pay for complaining. Training taught me a lot about the culture however be prepared to take off your other job or go to training for at least 2 full weeks.
Pros
Uniforms are paid, management is nice, meals are yummy
Cons
PAY, Hours, PAY, Smell
Enjoyed the atmosphere and my co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKFebruary 17, 2016
There was never day that was the same. I think that is what I loved about that job. I learned a lot from my co-workers on how to enhance my skills. The managers at the store was helpful and always willing to help out in the store when needed. The hardest part of the job was when we were short-handed and we would have to double our duties. There were times when we would have to work extra days but I didn't mind it. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to depend on my co-workers for help and management understanding when a personal issue came up and if I needed an extra day off.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 8, 2016
NO! Absolutely not. Never again. Ever. Worst company on the planet. If I could give a negative two star rating, I would do so.
Great Benefits
VIP Membership Clerk (Current Employee) –  ThackervillFebruary 8, 2016
Winstar is a great place to work as long as you are under the right management. There is always room to move up within the company and advance. The pay is under normal salaries for positions in my opinion but the benefits make up for the loss in pay and you get a great bonus every year as well.
Pros
Great Christmas Bonus!
Student Achievement
Chickasaw Nation Outstanding Student (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJanuary 25, 2016
I am a member of the Chickasaw Nation and I received two awards for academic achievements while completing my education.
professional and friendly place to work
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  the Chickasaw Nation Legal LDivisionJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned about contracts and the new database contract director. My peers are wonderful and friendly people. I have the most amazing and great caring people to work with. I hate to leave them, however, my life's journey is beginning a new phase with a new home, husband and hopefully a new job. In God's time and will everything will work out how it is supposed to be.
Management and co-workers acted in a team spirit.
Human Resources Assistant (PART-TIME CONTRACTOR) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2015
I was responsible for helping catch-up on a 10+ year backlog of forwarding Official Persoonel Folders (OPF's) to the Federal Records Center. Before that could be accomplihsed, I researched many of the OPM Guides to ensure all documents were accounted for and accurate. In doing so, I used the National Finance Center (NFC) records, in adition to the paper OPF as well as the electronic version of the OPF, (e-OPF).
Pros
Office location and work enviornment.
Cons
Short break for lunch & reported to many different supervisors.
Great place to work and grow within
Senior Records Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 3, 2015
A typical day at work starts with me going in and either getting a box and scanning the documents inside into the system to be digitized for government entities, or preparing documents to be scanned into the system. Performing Quality assurance for the work done is also a priority. This involves going through the documents and making sure everything is prepared the way it should be. The most enjoyable part of this job is when we engage in teamwork. Being able to work with other people and helping one another. Management is very helpful in being able to get the best out of their employees. I have learned a lot about government entities and being able to manage records that are sometimes fifty to sixty years old. Being able to back these up to computer is a must in today's technology age.
Pros
reasonable salaries
Cons
short lunches and breaks, long commute
Amazing, positive, productive and caring work place.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 11, 2015
Fun, upbeat, positive,inspiring, team effort, work place.
Learned combination of work ethics and time management,
Management was outstanding.
Co-workers were team players and positive and engaging with one another.
I really did not have any struggles with this job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was everything. co-workers,doctors, patients, management.
Pros
15 min breaks in am and pm. Hour lunches and sometimes free lunches. great benefits and compensation
Great workplace
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKOctober 11, 2015
Great workplace and benefits. I learned a great deal with dealing with crime and how to act quickly in certain situations. It taught me how to toughen up. Co-workers are very encouraging and work well as a team.
Simple job with good pay.
Remote Pilot Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2015
The work is easy. The pay is good for the work. A lot of politics and red tape, but to be expected as a government contractor.
Fun environment to work in with lots of chances for advancement
Account Reviewer / Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2015
 Researched letters and documents from IIM (Individual Indian Monies) holders in order to generate work tickets and make proper account updates.
 Traveled to various agencies around the U.S, to conduct investigations and research on IIM accounts that were coded “whereabouts unknown”.
 Answered a variety of phone calls from account holders in order to process their request and provide them with any and all information regarding their IIM accounts.
Pros
Flexible hours and stress free environment
Cons
Contract was being taken over by another Department and had to down grade some great employees
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 7, 2015
THis company is doing a great job serving the Chickasaw people. They provide a good working atmosphere and excellent benefits.
Fun workplace and very strict on compliance
Senior Medical Technologist - Hematology (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes getting morning round results to the doctors on time, running tests for our outpatient clinic doctors, keeping up with the supervisor paperwork daily and monthly, and drawing blood when we are short handed on phlebotomists.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with my paperwork in an appropriate amount of time due to the fact that we are constantly short handed somewhere in the lab.

4.2