The Chickasaw Nation

The Chickasaw Nation Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and very strict on compliance
Senior Medical Technologist - Hematology (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work for me includes getting morning round results to the doctors on time, running tests for our outpatient clinic doctors, keeping up with the supervisor paperwork daily and monthly, and drawing blood when we are short handed on phlebotomists.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with my paperwork in an appropriate amount of time due to the fact that we are constantly short handed somewhere in the lab.
Easy place to work
Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Davis okAugust 27, 2015
Incredible benefits, good breaks. always meeting new people. fun and easy management. The hardest part of the job is working with so many people. You have to be an adult and get along with everyone.
Pros
free insurance
Cons
strict rules
chickasaw nation
Vault, Valet Supervisor, and Security (Former Employee) –  Norman, OklaAugust 19, 2015
The nation has several good features. Great benefits, ability to promote and several locations in which you could work or transfer.
The Chickasaw Nation is a fast-growing entity with phenomenal benefits
Sales Associate; Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKAugust 2, 2015
I worked through the Chickasaw Nation's Summer Youth Program, which is a great program for giving youths the skills they need to enter the workforce. I learned how to cashier, stock, and maintain facilities and grounds through this program. The hardest part was weed-eating during a hot summer drought, but the benefits were worth it. The Chickasaw Nation gives its employees medical insurance, eye insurance, etc. etc. etc. It is understood in my community and surrounding communities that getting your foot in the door with the Tribe is a golden ticket to success.
Pros
Benefits out your ears
Cons
A hugee pool of applicants can be difficult to compete with
Excellent Organization
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 15, 2015
Diversity in Residential Services made Chickasaw Group a unique contractor for services that had dedicated employee partners with an advantage in performing minority contract work.
Land sales for tribe
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacaton, AZJune 15, 2015
Provide customer support, assistances to co-workers and management, great o-workers. Complete daily land sales transactions.
Great benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 13, 2015
The employee benefits were great. It is a great organization to be apart of and there are a lot of opportunities. I would recommend them as an employer.
Electronic Games Technician (Current Employee) –  Pocasset, OKJune 4, 2015
Work in on Games meeting great people working with venders to get games up and running. Helping out fellow employees and also the patron that come into the casino. I have learned how to work in a casino and how to work on all kinds of different casino games. The hardest part of the job was to learn how to work on all the different game in the casino.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great place to work.
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  ada okMay 4, 2015
Wonderful place to work for with great benefits and great environment. The management was also wonderful. Very understanding of issues that happen, and very rewarding for strong work ethic.
Productive and laid back work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work was speaking and resolving customers issues dealing with settlements to recovery for Medicare. The hardest part of the job was recovery
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
No benefits
productive and fun workplace
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 17, 2015
I have a great work environment. It encourages comradery. An environment that fosters learning and employees who are always willing to lend a help hand. Completing your work in a timely manner is highly encouraged. Deadlines are set each month and give us as employees a proper amount of time to meet these deadlines.
People pleasing
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 17, 2015
Typically a day would start with assignment and proceeded with hours of monotonous hand motions.
I learned how to keep a keen eye for detail and how to deal with problematic people professionally.
The management lacks. From day to day procedures change to a point that no one really knows the correct one.
The employees are great individuals with very few exceptions.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with people without losing ones cool.
You meet all kinds of new people, and the work is easy as long as you pay attention.
HR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 13, 2015
Responsible for planning, estimating, providing day-to-day management, leadership, direction and administration across the full project lifecycle for large scale HR projects. This includes working collaboratively to ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives and managing the project team that develops and executes the project. Responsibilities include the development and management of project documents including; project charter, project categorization matrix, project plan, including milestones and detailed schedule (work breakdown structure), matrix, risk and issue management log, change control documentation, implementation and deployment plans, status reports, meeting agendas and minutes, budget, resource plans, project closeout and lessons learned
Pros
great health care insurance
Cons
political mess
Best Employer
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 4, 2015
The Management was very good in career advancement. The employees are hardworking and very motivated. The best thing in my job was to be able to interact with many people as many as i could for customer service. Best Job .
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Business Process Architect I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 2, 2015
CNI is a good place to work with nice people. The major flaw is job security. CNI is a government contracting company and is forced to resturcture if a major contract is lost or ends.
Contractor, not a lot of interaction with Chickasaw Nation
Senior FOIA Analyst, FDA's Center (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 25, 2015
-Typical 8-hour work day.
-This particular job was not a good match for my skills. The really needed a scientist that was familiar with Animal Drugs.
-Chickasaw management was good, but not that much interaction with Chickasaw staff. Mostly communicated by email/phone.
-Hardest part of the job was that I didn't receive enough training with government employees. My trainers primarily work from home 3 days a week and was always available.
Not worth a career
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, OKMarch 22, 2015
I had a very bad experience with constant micro managing. Good benefits, low pay, strong over bearing leadership. Little flexibility on family matters.
Wonderful Company
Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Davis, OKFebruary 18, 2015
I can't say anything bad about the Chickasaw Nation as a whole. Great people, great atmosphere, great benefits, great coworker. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people (customers and coworkers). Loved getting close to everyone involved, loved making people smile and celebrating the wins with the customers.
Pros
benefits, great people
Cons
management can be a little biased other than that no cons
Excellent employer in all aspects
Finance (Former Employee) –  Ada OklahomaFebruary 9, 2015
Chickasaw Nation is an excellent company to work for. They have managed to allow a wonderful balance of work and family life. The company is very proactive in internal promotion and training.
Pros
training, promotability, yearly bonus
Cons
communication between division and supervisors to employees needs some work.
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 4, 2015
I am employed here in San Diego, CA at UCSD campus. It is a great place to work. I love the work culture, the people, the campus. Everything is awesome.
Pros
good people, good work culture
Cons
need to pay for parking every month, no job security, i came to know the difference between fulltime and permanent from this company.