The Chickasaw Nation

The Chickasaw Nation Employee Reviews

Love the work and the people!`
Vault Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OK 73065November 7, 2016
We are very busy from the moment we walk through the door. We handle large amounts of money under a strict security guideline. There is a lot of paperwork and second verifying of all work done. I can't go into too much detail about the nature of the work due to security reasons. I love the people I work with and I truly enjoy the work. The hardest part of the job is standing around on the slow days that do show up from time-to-time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual job duties. I really enjoy it.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome people, great hours.
Cons
Attendance policy doesn't allow single mother's, or people who get sick to get very far in the company.
Overall a good place to work.
Northern Region Surveillance IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 1, 2016
Flexible hours, and depending on your manager, family and education come first. Over the 13+ years I worked there, I learned a lot about Information Technology and Surveillance Integration. The hardest part of the job was being on-call 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the employees and patrons safe by the work I was doing.
Pros
Good insurance benefits for full time employees.
Cons
Office Politics, Bad Communication from Management at times.
Great facility
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 11, 2017
I loved my time with Chickasaw Nation Industries. The company is owned by the Chickasaw Nation, yet is a separate entity. The facility is lovely and the benefits are great.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Some management
Department (Dishwasher) (Former Employee) –  Norman,okFebruary 11, 2017
People were nice, place was good to work at., all & all it was good . At times the dish machine would break down & we would have to do all the dishes by hand(a lot of them). The manager was a ok one as managers go. .
Pros
Great benefits, good people, good pay
Cons
Dish machine breaks down, short handed
Micro Managers
Incident Response Forensic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 28, 2016
As a Senior level employee, I believe you should be given a task with milestones and deliverables, but not micro managed every step of the way in any project unless you have exhibited that you cannot perform without constant supervision.
Pros
Compensation- salary and benefits
Cons
Micro management
Productive work environment
Accountant / Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 4, 2016
Everyone worked well as a team. The supervisors were always there to assist and lend a hand when needed. There are really great benefits as and employee of the Chickasaw Nation Division of Commerce.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
no stress position, great team to work with
Communications Operator/current (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 28, 2016
worked in the communication department, answered call, notified callers of on going promotions, reservations for hotels in area. Took call in's for other departments absent or tardy team members. Management was flexiable all members were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
free health care, free coffee and other drinks, discount lunches
Standard Tier I Helpdesk experience
Helpdesk Technician II (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK 73071October 13, 2016
CNI keeps the helpdesk reasonably well staffed, I learned more about remote support and ticketing.

As for management, they try to ensure you improve, you normally get monthly meetings to go over metrics and statistics. Management is open door and you can speak to them at any time.

The hardest part of the job is during the rare times when we get rather busy, we are asked to postpone breaks during these times and to work as efficiently as possible.

The best part of the job is that the customers are rarely rude and your coworkers are more than happy to help with any issues you may have.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, open door management
Cons
Short lunches, more focused on stats than employee
Terrible
Remote Pilot Operator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2016
The job itself is very easy. The management however is horrible and cause lots of unnecessary problems and make the workplace uncomfortable. Supervisors don't know how to do anything and can't help you most of the time. I don't know how anyone with a family could have this job with the spuratic scheduling changes. Supervisors will call you at almost midnight on Friday to let you know that you have a double on Monday. That's just one example. You never get what you preference even when high in seniority. You can request days off but good luck getting them. They will tell you that it's been approved only to find out a week before that it hasn't. You have to deal with constant rule changes and heckling. Like I said the job is easy for the pay but the company makes it bad. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management and hours
cn
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 18, 2017
an OK place to work. could use better leadership. needs a lot of TLC and less Indian economics. although the jobs are to help out the people of Chickasaw there should be less issues with people advancing in their careers then mandating a Indian first policy .
Pros
good pay
Cons
micro managed
Great Benefits
VIP Membership Clerk (Current Employee) –  ThackervillFebruary 8, 2016
Winstar is a great place to work as long as you are under the right management. There is always room to move up within the company and advance. The pay is under normal salaries for positions in my opinion but the benefits make up for the loss in pay and you get a great bonus every year as well.
Pros
Great Christmas Bonus!
A great place to work with plenty of job promotion within the employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKNovember 4, 2016
A great place to work,alot of team effort and they take alot of pride in who they are. I loved working for the Chickasaw nation. They have alot of programs for family's and children. If I was still in Oklahoma that is who I would still be working for.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Very short bresk times.
Great Staff
Chickasaw Lighthorse Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKDecember 14, 2016
• Performed routine traffic stops, issued traffic tickets and/or violations.

• Responded to traffic accidents, ensuring safety of individuals involved, and interrogated individuals and assisted in gathering evidence.

• Interviewed witnesses, victims, and occupants in order to determine the cause of accidents. Then completed accident report forms.
Pros
Great Officers
Cons
Long work hours
Excellent place to work
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 19, 2016
telecommuted doing project management. it was great while it lasted. I really enjoyed the freedom of working form home.
Pros
working from home
Cons
contract work
Amazing, positive, productive and caring work place.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 11, 2015
Fun, upbeat, positive,inspiring, team effort, work place.
Learned combination of work ethics and time management,
Management was outstanding.
Co-workers were team players and positive and engaging with one another.
I really did not have any struggles with this job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was everything. co-workers,doctors, patients, management.
Pros
15 min breaks in am and pm. Hour lunches and sometimes free lunches. great benefits and compensation
Good work environment
TM1/BI Admin (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 21, 2016
Good work environment, Awesome work culture. Good team collaboration. We enjoyed working as team, our manager was also very supportive. I learned a lot from the management team.
its ok
Training Coordinatior (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 15, 2016
There is a lot of turn over in the casino's. There is a lot of management distrust among employees. Some employees serve for many years to be asked to leave as soon as a new manager comes in. It is very hard to watch those who have put in over 10 years of service to be asked to leave.
Excellent place to work
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKAugust 13, 2016
The Chickasaw Nation truly puts its citizens and employees in the highest category of respect. The Nation will work hard to make you feel welcome. The Pauls Valley Area office found a list of duties that suited and enhanced my skills and talent.
wonderful organization to work for
Senior Cultural Advisor/Role Player (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 6, 2016
Chickasaw Nation Industries is a wonderful organization to work for. It is a very great place to work and the people are very friendly, great to work with and great team mates.
Interesting but not enough
Bike Patrol (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKFebruary 27, 2016
Work is fun and the people you work with are really awesome. HOWEVER you get paid 11.80 an hour even with certifications. That is almost 3 dollars an hour less then most other companies pay. They want bike patrol outside in all types of weather but pay us the same as the little 90 year old lady watching a door. Doesn't seem right at all. Managements doors are always open and everyone is cool to talk to but just remember there is a price you pay for complaining. Training taught me a lot about the culture however be prepared to take off your other job or go to training for at least 2 full weeks.
Pros
Uniforms are paid, management is nice, meals are yummy
Cons
PAY, Hours, PAY, Smell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Chickasaw Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2