The Children's Aid Society

The Children's Aid Society Employer Reviews

Group Felicitator
Respite Program Counselor (Current Employee), Chappaqua, NYDecember 7, 2014
Manage the program on a day to day bases. after meet with class about 20 students and manage their basic reading, writing and math skills.
Productive & Enjoyable Environment
Worksite Monitor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
I enjoy all aspects of The Children's Aid Society. There is never a boring part of a typical day because there is always something to do.
Fun place to work while helping children in need.
I O C Scheduler (Former Employee), 1522 B Southern Blvd. Bronx,NY 10462October 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare, trust, food at meetings and stress free space to achieve and excellent vacation package.
Cons: minute raises.
Starting at 9:00am Monday through Friday, My Supervisor and several co-workers would enter the office with wide eyes and arms extended heading to the break room for coffee. Once that craving was met, we would settle into a meeting about the previous day's unfinished business and resolve all issues. Then pursue our daily duties with joy, compassion, commitment and fun trying to improve the lives of our youth.
Good starting point for teachers.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Working for this company has allowed me to obtain my Master's Degree as they provided me with school release time. As a teacher, my job encompasses a whole lot. I am responsible for planning, organizing, preparing and delivering instructional programs to my students in order to facilitate their learning and development. I really enjoy working with the young children and their parents in The Children's Aid Society and hope to continue to work with and enlighten many more families.
Productive & Fun Work Place
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at work usually consist of walking through the front door & being greeted with kindness. Also i was taught during a 5 week program on how to work world is managed. Also was helped me learn more traits that i possess & characteristics that i did really know i had. The management in The Children's Aid Society is very caring & understanding to every & any situation that their faced with. I would rate them a 10 due to the fact that nobody is treated differently & everybody is giving the same respect no matter what the circumstance. My Co-Workers are to me the best groups of young people i've ever met. They don't mind giving advice , helping you with hints in certain areas & they are all around just a wonderful group of people. The hardest part of the job honestly was dealing having to learn patience due to the fact that they taught you just because you want something done either at that time or even if you just need something it's not gonna just come to you. They taught us the moral values of waiting & to stop being so anxious just relax & let things fall right into place. The Most enjoyable part of the job actually varied between snack time in which everybody enjoyed eating together , Also being in the multi-purpose room where majority of kids were playing xbox & dancing also in the computer room where kids were able to be on computer. Last but not least the all boys group in which the boys of Children's Aid Society would do different events & things together, Also the girls group in which all the girls took part of .
Professional setting with great programs for participants
Group Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2014
The Children's Aid Society-Hope Leadership Academy program gave me the opportunity to work hands on with the teenage participants daily. Everyday bought many different tasks in running errands, assisting with trips around New York City and conducting workshops for teens. Also, creating documents using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Outlook and secretarial work.
good experience working with children.
GROUP LEADER/FACILITATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
short work day, staff is friendly and experienced, and is an overall enjoyable experience if you enjoy working with children.
productive and fun workplace
Student Aid Counselor, Dept Youth Employment (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: witnessing children learning
Cons: n/a
The ability to see children learn a new concept/ idea is priceless, it is really remarkable to see them grow
working with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on the children when you help them
productive
Mobile Out Reach Coach (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2013
Company is a good company. Great staff, and benefits with this company.
Self gratifying feeling
Accountability Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: making a difference in society
This was an ideal job. It requires attention to detail which is my expertise. I felt self gratifying working for an organization that made a difference in children's lives. This intervention will secure a brighter future for our new generation. I enjoyed every part of this job. I treasure all that I have learned from this organization. The co-workers were team players and we got along very well.
typical day
New York Youth Works Program Trainee (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
Cons: i had a week in a half break during the hurricane sandy
For new york youth program we work on reviewing the math and reading skills to see how well we are in both subjects.
Fun. Had a pool table
Clerical Intern (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free snacks, could listen to radio
Cons: no breaks, in a bad neighborhood
I would usually sit at the front desk and answer calls. I would file. I would decorate the place if it needed decorating. I learned how to laminate, fax and how to properly greet someone on the phone. My coworkers were easy to talk to. The hardest part of my job was filing.It wasn't really hard but it was a long process. The most enjoyable part of my job was decorating.
Productive and efficient work place amazing staff and colleagues.
Case Aide/ Case Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free wellness sessions for overwhelmed workers, eap program
Cons: health care and under paid salaries
The Children's Aid Society is a great place to work its a great stepping stone especially when you are just coming into the field of social work. They are a challenging and very productive program they work really hard to support and strengthen their employees knowledge and make sure that they are well trained and equip to work with clients and their families. I am glad I had the opportunity to be part of their team of employees
Fun working atmoshpere
Program Specialist/Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 22, 2013
Helping children with their daily activities and goals, and enjoying co-workers was essential here.
Horrible
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee), Bronx Family CenterSeptember 5, 2013
Cons: pay
I am a former employee of CAS, if you're not part of management they can careless who you are! Liars, cons, and thefts...since there's no background check they hire anyone.
Excellent organization.
Child Welfare (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 18, 2013
Pros: dedication to clients; great mission aimed at reducing poverty
Cons: pay;
Good place to work. Great benefits and wonderful mission. Been there a number of years and I have grown professionally.
Wonderful center that truly helps the community
Teacher (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2013
Pros: great community
The center is family driven, we not only work with students but we work with families as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are truly helping in a community in need.
Productive and fun work environment
Senior Group Leader (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 26, 2013
A great job for an aspiring teacher, great experience builder.
Didn't enjoy my experience with CAS Central Budget Office
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits, work/life balance, friendly co-workers
Cons: too politically driven, no opportunity to advance, unfriendly management
I don't know if most of the reviews here are fake - but I did not enjoy my time at CAS working with the Budget Department. My manager who is the central budget director was extremely rude and callous and barely even talked to me. She didn't give me work for about three weeks and had me sitting at my desk all day with nothing - when I asked for work she outsourced me to other departments to do administrative tasks such as filing and scanning. Work I was given was not relevant to the position and when she met with me she had the audacity to tell me that she wasn't my boss. My boss and the other Senior Budget Analyst would close their door's on me, not invite me to meetings, or speak to me. When I was terminated - it was without warning and she and the general counsel were real snobby with me and told me I COULD NOT file for unemployment and I wouldn't be getting any severance. I was let go for wanting to work and do my job. I'm sorry - but I would not want my own worst enemy to be a part of this company, or maybe just the Central Budget Office.

Everyone outside of the Central Budget Office was extremely friendly and welcoming.