The Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

Fun & social place with a lot of traveling.
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Typical days include traveling & activities for the kids (Water fights, rock climbing, movies, games, and exercises), my co-workers were sociable & easy to get along with, but some camp attendees will disrespect you because of you're age gap (Some counselors are teenagers), and some attendees will view the teen counselors as more of a peer than their elder.

My managers themselves were nice people & easy to work with, but should've been more organized, especially during field trips & communication with employees.

The hardest part of working there was the organization, trip planning, and communication among employees.

The most enjoyable part of working there was the upbeat environment & working with the kids.
Pros
Really fun activities for employees to bond with the kids, not a lot of teedious/boring work.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, can be hectic & unorganized at times.
The Children's Aid Society is a wonderful Agency for children and family in need of services
MSW Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
The Children's Aid Society is a great organization providing wonderful services to the children and families in need of housing, food, clothing, and shelters.
Pros
Great opportunity for entry position
Cons
Lack of communication
Very fun
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed work for this company. although I worked in my school as I was attending there it was fun. the hours worked around my school schedule so that way I could do both.
Pros
Hours
Cons
none that i could think of
Good Coworkers
Home Finding Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Good coworkers and directors. Caring company for children. Room for advancement and furthering your education. Centrally located in New York City and easy to get to.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Always additional work
Life is never dull
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I believe working with children within this organization is awesome. You learn so much about your, other staff and children. The people here are well to work with.
Love this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 17, 2017
Work is awesome, management is incredible! Always busy there's always something to do. Customers can be very rude but there are those that are very nice. Constant cleaning is a must because some customers can make big mess! But the atmosphere and group job is amazing, miss my coworkers they're incredible people.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Children's Aid our mission is to make sure we care for the children in poverty.
IS 90 Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I love coming to work, because I love working with children. It's a great environment, everyone from the co-workers to the student are nice, respectable. Team work for me is very important, and everyone here is very good with helping in anyway the can to ensure that the clients receive the care they need.
staff
SYEP Staff (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 13, 2017
i got to work and interact with young children.It was great getting to know the children and the other staff.I was always looking forward to going to work every morning to spend time with the kids.
productive
Building Maintenance Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed the workplace culture and assisting families. A typical workday is filled with interaction with staff, children, parents, and other vendors. I enjoyed ensuring that I did my best for the families served.
Productive caring center
Health Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkMay 2, 2017
The staff got together for morning huddles. Management was supportive and diverse.
The most enjoyable part was seeing children placed in good homes.
Pros
Staff Enrichment Day
Cons
lack 401k

Want to know more about The Children's Aid Society?

Ask a question
Case Planner
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2017
A typical day at work involves supervising visits, as well as writing up case notes on contacts with clients and service providers about the client's progress and their engagement with their respective services. The job also consists of scheduling and coordinating conferences with various parties, noting the progress of the services, and uploading notes to a foster care computerized system for storage.

At this job, I have learned how to effectively manage my time in order to adequately complete the plethora of paperwork, reports, supervised visitations, coordination with families and services, service planning with clients and assessing their progress with services, attending court proceedings with a report on client's progress, conducting monthly home safety inspections, documenting all contact with service providers and clients, and completing various safety risk assessments.

The management of the job is generally friendly and helpful at first. After a short period of time you are expected to know how to do the work, without any prior job training. The management is demanding in what you are required to get done.

Generally the workplace culture is nurturing and friendly. Yet, the culture can also be problematic at times, as some staff members become hostile when asked to provide items or services for other staff members that are needed in order to properly provide services for the clients.

The hardest part of the job was getting all the work done in a 35 hour work week, while having to document all contact with clients and staff in order to ensure transparency
  more... at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the families I worked with reunite.
Pros
Rewarding work when families are reunited.
Cons
Overload of paperwork and an environment of blaming.
Good Starting Point but not long term
Parent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2017
The value and sustainability of employees overtime is completely disregarded. It is a good starting point for a first job but definitely not somewhere you want to stay long term..
Cons
quick turnover, burned out employees
fine
general preventive case planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 19, 2017
this was my first job out of school and i really enjoyed working with minors and runaways i felt that was my passion at the time. I believe that at times i am able to find my way and light through the tunnel and this too shall pass
Great mission
Director (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 19, 2017
Great organization with a lot of opportunity; large organization with a lot of employees. Given the size, various opportunities to grow and learn from other and different opportunities
Pros
Opportunities to grow and learn from various departments
Cons
salary/compensation need to improve
Fun workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 18, 2017
Great experience working with kids under the age of 10. They helped understand kids more and how to deal with them. Working there helped me become a better person.
Pros
Respectable employees, great workplace
First real Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
My first real start into the work place and I was grateful for the experience and the time the employees took to teach me. they were very patient and willing to help.
It was a good company to work for at time
Deputy Information Technology Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
Change of management initiated in 2012 brought negative changes to the the company. Working environment changed for the worth. Hope it would change to better in the future. Company does a lot of for kids.
Fun place to work
Receptionist, Camp counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
This job was my favorite it was so family orientated. There was always events to attend and fun activities for the children and adults who work there to join in
Pros
welcomed
Cons
didn't want to go home
New York- Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Great people, great work culture everyone treated everyone with respect. Everyone is more than willing to assist one another. Managers are super flexible; family first.
Pros
Free breakfast (most of the time)
Great job
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 11, 2017
In this job I would just monitor the computer lab. The good part about this job was that I could work on my own homework on the job, I would just need to stop if anyone needed assistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Aid Society. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2