The Children's Center Employee Reviews

Loved working here
teacher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 26, 2017
Loved working here. Administration and the employees are amazing now that several of the toxic ones are gone. There is not a better program in this area than this.
Pros
Benefits, room for growth, schedules
Cons
Micromanagement, no raises, not open for change
Little room for advancement
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 21, 2017
After working at the Children's Center for several years it became abundantly clear there was no place to advance my career either by title or compensation.
Tcc
CO-ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJune 21, 2017
TCC has provided me with the necessary early childhood skills to work in any early childhood setting. I have has wonderful mentors over the years.
The best part of the working at The Children's Center was the family like atmosphere.
a good place to work, great staff and managment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJune 18, 2017
A growing child care center who loves their children. Management was great to work for, very supportive.
Staff were very loving to the children, and put their whole heart into what they did.
Pros
good work enviroment, great management
Cons
anytime you work in childcare, you will not become rich!! lol
Not very trustworthy
School-Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJune 13, 2017
When I worked at this facility, I received numerous accounts of co-workers and management talking behind each other's back as if we were in grade school. It was nearly impossible to receive any respect, advancement, or acknowledgement.
Pros
Easy, flexible hours
Cons
Disrespectful, dishonest, lack of advancement
Meeting new friendly faces
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKMay 31, 2017
This job was a night job and I enjoyed it. I was able to do my school work and learn the process of the company. I got to me some exceptional individuals. Most of all was the families that came in and had shared some of there fondest memories of there loved ones. It made a huge impact on my life.
Pros
The people
Cons
Perfect
Nice facility to work in
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VA 23434May 18, 2017
I like the fact that you have weekends and most holidays off. And they do provide you with free First Aid Training. The hardest part of the job is seeing the children leave to go to Kindegarden.
Great Purpose and Mission but needs new culture and management.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2017
The culture of the organization does not coincide with the mission and purpose. Extremely, high employee turnover. Some Hierarchy level employees are very disrespectful. Needs new head of organization with a new direction and operations. Need to create ways to keep employees and motivation.
Pros
Good Mission and Purpose
Cons
Very negative culture. Needs new direction
Great Place
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 19, 2017
I love it here its a great place to work. The pay is great and the people are very helpful. my director is very hands on in and out the classroom. Its a great team to work for.
Pros
Trainings and Pay
Cons
More Flexibility for higher education
Great Place to Work
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NM 88101April 11, 2017
Love the work environment. Director is amazing and easy to work with. Staff is excellent with children and the parents are involved in their children's lives and care.
Pros
Working with my own child, closed nights and weekends, holidays
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about The Children's Center?

Ask a question
Fun and productive workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 11, 2017
Intense training. Job was very rewarding and I enjoyed everything about my job. The management of the company was very easy to talk to and very helpful when there was a concern in any aspect of the work.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMarch 29, 2017
A wonderful, happy, clean place to work. Only con is there is almost no way to make your way up. Pay raises are minimal and bonuses are very few and very far between. I have worked here for almost 5 years and I make 10 cents above minimum wage. Other than that everyone here is very delightful and the children are amazing and full of energy!
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
No advancement/minimal pay raises
Summary
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 24, 2017
I assist children and families in the foster care world. I work to reunify families. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children grow and thrive in their environment.
If you are caring, The Children's Center is the right place for you.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2017
Seeing the faces on the little one's face brings life to any situation.
I enjoy working with the Doctor's they are very nice. Always buying lunch and I love to eat.
okay place if all you love to do is work
Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician- IMH (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 13, 2017
This place is a work horse. Their productivity is over the roof, so you often spend a lot of time chasing clients just to make sure you meet your min.

You are often meeting clients where they are at, so if they are at the hair salon. You probably drove them there just so they did not cancel the appointment.

They honestly don't focus on the quality of the mental health but the quantity. So if you have a family you will be working long hours without pay just to met your min.
Pros
out in the community, helping people
Cons
TOO many house and productivity over kill
Great place to volunteer and get some first hand experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
From volunteering at the day care center I picked up multi-tasking skills and learned about priority and handling responsibilities fast and efficiently
Working with children from 1 year to 6 years
Wakefield - Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 14, 2016
I loved working here!I got to plan activities with children.I learned a lot working here.I definitely would have stayed here but I decided to become a mom:).
Children's Center
Therapeutic Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTMay 20, 2016
It's a high stress job but very rewarding. Working with kids with hard life situations. It's cool to see them grow and excel. Requires a lot of patience.
Welcoming and exciting atmosphere where you're friends with everyone
Group leader/ Float (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAApril 29, 2016
A typical routine at this job consists of constantly having to sign in and out children from the classroom to or from the bus. We have to have a plan of new activities to do every day and maintain the children occupied. Breakfast, lunch, and snack is always served to the children with strict hygienic policies. Co-workers are extremely loving and we all relate in terms of speaking Spanish. We all work as a team and it's always a great time. The toughest part of the job is being alone in a classroom when a child who gets upset decides they're going to run out of the classroom. It becomes a battle between chasing the child, calling for help, and having ten to thirteen other children to watch over. The most enjoyable part is building a relationship with every child, going on field trips, and laughing with them.
Pros
Flexible hours, respectful co-workers
Cons
Unpaid breaks, at times disorganized
Loved the children
Cooks Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Had fun with children and when they would see me outside of work they would holler food! ( 6 weeks to 5 year old). They gave you an above average break. NO room for improvement
Pros
Children
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Center Reviews by Location