The Children's Center Employee Reviews

Extremely rewarding and fun
Therapeutic Preschool Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work consist of three hours of structured educational curriculum and theraputically supportive environment. I was trained with many therapy techniques, and educated on child trauma, and play therapy. Management is AMAZING here. Strict but in a professional manner, and very supportive. The work environment was organized, and divided into small age appropriate groups. The hardest part of working here is knowing a child's background, and seeing them struggle, however it is so rewarding when were able to work with children and watch them improve and move up to a higher level group. One of the best jobs ive had the pleasure of working. I would go back in a heartbeat if the location were closer to my residence.
Pros
Management, experience with the children, learning material and training.
Cons
minimal working hours
Fun Fun Fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Productive and fun work place with great people ,unfortunately the children's place is no longer a thing it got shut down shortly after i started working there.
Tough hours, Good coworkers
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 1, 2018
Work can be stressful, as caseloads are high, there is frequent staff turnover, and high and ever-changing expectations. Some supervisors can be very helpful, as well as free training and high number of PTO hours.
Pros
PTO hours, coworkers, free training and license supervision
Cons
High caseloads, ever-changing expectations, lack of support at agency level
caring but stressed mgmt
asst director (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MADecember 20, 2017
I would not recommend unless changes were made, safety, teacher support, and training. Staff was dedicated but overused and underappreciated. Not enough admin support.
Pros
caring staff
Cons
not enough support for staff
Working here has been a great experience!
Behavior Technician I (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2017
The Children's Center is an amazing company that truly cares about this consumers. I've been lucky to have great leaders to guide me within this company and give me tools I'll be able to use throughout life.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Youth Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 8, 2017
Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo fue conocer a niños y niñas de diferentes partes del mundo, especialmente de centroamerica, conocer mas de su cultura.
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
no hay descanzo
stressful
teacher helper (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VANovember 8, 2017
Loved working with children and teachers, but management was the problem. Some would look at you and not speak. Very stressful environment. Was overlooked for a promotion.
Pros
use of company car
Cons
management
I enjoyed working with children very much
Teacher Assistat (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJOctober 21, 2017
The children center is a very good place to send your child they get one on one care if needed and the staff is well trained. I did everything thing from toileting for the young to implanting student care plans it a very real job.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
No cons
productive and long
Mental Health A.T.P. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2017
one thing I liked about working there is that most of the people there are so kind and the kids made the day easy. Being there showed me that work is not work if you like doing what makes you happy.
Pros
co-workers
The childrens center
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2017
This was a very stressful place to work. They did not offer job opportunities to those who were qualified, however they gave positions to people who they were friends with. When their was an issue it was swept under the rug and or over looked. They were not fair to employees
benefits
Cons
unfair work practices
Cons
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILOctober 15, 2017
The Children's Center is a good place to get experience. I worked for six years, you don't move up. Many of our benefits were cut due to funding. I worked a lot of overtime but didn't get paid.
Educational
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 10, 2017
I really enjoyed being a part of their team. They are positive, encouraging, and they pushed me to learn new things. I gathered good information and skills to learn and share and apply in everyday life.
Never again
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Nanjemoy, MDSeptember 28, 2017
I adored the children and the parents but the manager was not very good. She fired me because I ended my relationship with her sons friend. It was very unprofessional.
The management was very biased and discriminatory.
Spanish Speaking Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTSeptember 24, 2017
The work environment was very difficult and I was in three automobile accidents while travelling from Salt Lake City to Kearns, Utah. I as also bitten twice by a dog that was in an office there.
Pros
Great trainings.
Cons
Few breaks
The Children's Center
Insurance Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 31, 2017
A typical work day for me is 95% desk related. I process daily paper work, use the computer for various tasks. I have learned a whole new world when it comes to Early Intervention, and I am passionate about making sure our children are served correctly. The management is not at all as it should be and the turn over is horrible.
Head Start Program
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VA 23434August 29, 2017
The Children's Center is definitely a center that encourages not only the growth and development of their students, but also their employees. They offer many resources to families in need.
Pros
Training inhouse
Cons
Home visits
New Managment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 27, 2017
Overall this is a decent place to work. Days are pretty much the same through out. classrooms are spacious and the employees are great with team work.
Love staff and Kids
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy my time at the children's center because I love kids and the staff. It was a friendly environment. I enjoyed teamwork and the versatility. I would recommend this job if you really love kids and willing to grow.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay, and Play Area
lack of help, severe laziness
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mabelvale, ARAugust 2, 2017
I've never worked with so many lazy people. Better Beginnings didn't do anything for this care center. I primarily worked on setting the rooms up under BB regulations. The children is always the best part of the job.
Pros
experience
Cons
lack of staff
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 6, 2017
Ran interviews for future families and staff. Managed all reports for regulations and staff training. Care of the children in our care and reporting progress to the parents.
Pros
working with great children and families
Cons
earned time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Center. Our community is ready to answer.