The Children's Center Employee Reviews

Great Place
Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 19, 2017
I love it here its a great place to work. The pay is great and the people are very helpful. my director is very hands on in and out the classroom. Its a great team to work for.
Pros
Trainings and Pay
Cons
More Flexibility for higher education
Great Place to Work
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NM 88101April 11, 2017
Love the work environment. Director is amazing and easy to work with. Staff is excellent with children and the parents are involved in their children's lives and care.
Pros
Working with my own child, closed nights and weekends, holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and productive workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 11, 2017
Intense training. Job was very rewarding and I enjoyed everything about my job. The management of the company was very easy to talk to and very helpful when there was a concern in any aspect of the work.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTMarch 29, 2017
A wonderful, happy, clean place to work. Only con is there is almost no way to make your way up. Pay raises are minimal and bonuses are very few and very far between. I have worked here for almost 5 years and I make 10 cents above minimum wage. Other than that everyone here is very delightful and the children are amazing and full of energy!
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
No advancement/minimal pay raises
Summary
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 24, 2017
I assist children and families in the foster care world. I work to reunify families. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children grow and thrive in their environment.
If you are caring, The Children's Center is the right place for you.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2017
Seeing the faces on the little one's face brings life to any situation.
I enjoy working with the Doctor's they are very nice. Always buying lunch and I love to eat.
okay place if all you love to do is work
Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician- IMH (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 13, 2017
This place is a work horse. Their productivity is over the roof, so you often spend a lot of time chasing clients just to make sure you meet your min.

You are often meeting clients where they are at, so if they are at the hair salon. You probably drove them there just so they did not cancel the appointment.

They honestly don't focus on the quality of the mental health but the quantity. So if you have a family you will be working long hours without pay just to met your min.
Pros
out in the community, helping people
Cons
TOO many house and productivity over kill
Great place to volunteer and get some first hand experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
From volunteering at the day care center I picked up multi-tasking skills and learned about priority and handling responsibilities fast and efficiently
Working with children from 1 year to 6 years
Wakefield - Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 14, 2016
I loved working here!I got to plan activities with children.I learned a lot working here.I definitely would have stayed here but I decided to become a mom:).
Children's Center
Therapeutic Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTMay 20, 2016
It's a high stress job but very rewarding. Working with kids with hard life situations. It's cool to see them grow and excel. Requires a lot of patience.
Welcoming and exciting atmosphere where you're friends with everyone
Group leader/ Float (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAApril 29, 2016
A typical routine at this job consists of constantly having to sign in and out children from the classroom to or from the bus. We have to have a plan of new activities to do every day and maintain the children occupied. Breakfast, lunch, and snack is always served to the children with strict hygienic policies. Co-workers are extremely loving and we all relate in terms of speaking Spanish. We all work as a team and it's always a great time. The toughest part of the job is being alone in a classroom when a child who gets upset decides they're going to run out of the classroom. It becomes a battle between chasing the child, calling for help, and having ten to thirteen other children to watch over. The most enjoyable part is building a relationship with every child, going on field trips, and laughing with them.
Pros
Flexible hours, respectful co-workers
Cons
Unpaid breaks, at times disorganized
Loved the children
Cooks Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Had fun with children and when they would see me outside of work they would holler food! ( 6 weeks to 5 year old). They gave you an above average break. NO room for improvement
Pros
Children
Cons
No benefits
Experience working in a rehabilitation center for youth and families
Volunteer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 5, 2016
-Interacted with children daily (mentor, monitoring, etc). Specifically working with children who may or may not have been experiencing life stressors such as disabilities, domestic violence, trauma, behavioral issues, etc.

- Learned how to interact with diverse groups of people and children of various age levels. Learned ethic and motivational speaking skills, and persuasive communication. Most of all gained experience providing great customer service and gaining relationships with children and families. Also learned some office duties.

-Hours were very flexible. Company focused on providing and helping children for a chance of healthy development. Took customer care very seriously and has a great influence on children's families lives.

-Co-workers and staff were very nice. Learned how to work together and maintain non-conflict environment.

-Hardest part of the job was working under pressure at times.

-Most enjoyable part was working and gaining relationships with children
Pros
great experiences
Cons
volunteer/unpaid
Fun and interactive place to work during school.
TEACHER'S AID (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 1, 2016
Everyday has the same routines which makes it easy to know what to expect. You will definitely learn how to multitask while learning how to be patient. Sometime it is important to take on a lead role to help the team accomplish the mutual goals more effectively. Most co-workers have the same personalities and are easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part is being able to work and play with the children.
Pros
flexible schedules, no weekends
Cons
minimum wage job, management is disorganized
Stressful and unsupported
OUTPATIENT CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2015
Depending on the coordinator, you could have a great experience or a terrible one. The pay is low-average, the benefits are decent, but the expectations are high. Management does not seem to think the expectation is high, therefore they take disciplinary action if you aren't meeting or exceeding them.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
fun, productive, place of work
Sports Director (Former Employee) –  Cos Cob, CTOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of organizing sports activities for children fro ages 5-11. After organizing sports, I would help the children with their homework and projects. This job was very rewarding and enjoyable, being able to see how you could impact a child's life was definitely one of the things I enjoyed most.
Good Entry Level Positions
Supports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 5, 2015
I help children with disabilities and their family's by providing case management. I love my team. The mental health system is difficult to work in because of funding constantly being cut. The turnover rate is very high, which effects the continuity of care.
Sweet patients
Staff nurse responsible for primary care (Former Employee) –  Bethany, OKOctober 4, 2015
The focus was always the well being of the patients. The hardest part was seeing children with very complex medical problems. The most enjoyable part was knowing you made a positive impact on a child's life.
The envirnoment was a nice stepping stone to learn.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILAugust 10, 2015
I learned how to teach children from ages three to five. The head teachers were willing to share the knowledge that they had to advance the company. I enjoyed building relationship with the children.
Pros
Great management who supports employees.
Cons
We did not have any benefits.
Education
Head Start Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2015
This job particular was the the beginning of my career . It help me understand why education was important to me and why I chose the field of education. I enjoy using my techniques from college and incorporating with in the classroom. Also i was able to understand the different learning styles . The harderst part of this job that I had to leave to go back to college when summer break was over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Center Reviews by Location