The Children's Center

The Children's Center Employee Reviews

Education
Head Start Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2015
This job particular was the the beginning of my career . It help me understand why education was important to me and why I chose the field of education. I enjoy using my techniques from college and incorporating with in the classroom. Also i was able to understand the different learning styles . The harderst part of this job that I had to leave to go back to college when summer break was over.
Work
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Augusta, MEJuly 6, 2015
The state is a great place to work if you know the right people. The training could use some work but other than that the people are wonderful. The jobs and education that the state offers is amazing for anyone who wants to go further.
Very fun loving warm place to work for
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: get close to the children
Cons: pay and no benefits at the job
The joy the children you work with are priceless. The warm working environment is a good one to work in. Planning is a must for the normal work day with the kids. interaction with the kids all day everyday showing them new this and building on things they already know.
Children
Teacher (Current Employee), Franklin VAJanuary 30, 2015
Could use a lot of changes. Pay is below salary scale. Great family environment.Co Workers are really friendly and nice.
Busy Educational Workplace
Group Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: many different types of personalities - btw. kids and staff
Cons: minimal salary and raises - no advancements
Sept.-June I assist teaching preschool. In the AM we do breakfast, bathroom breaks, free play, circle time, assist children doing papers, snack time, gym-craft-or outside play, assist with lunches. All the while nurturing and assisting children. In the summer I work with the summer program with school age children. Park, ball field, pool three days a week, crafts, field trips.

I enjoy working with various age co-workers (from 20-70+). The hardest part of my job would probably be the long down time while the kids nap (from 1-3) I usually try to keep busy by preparing for next day paperwork or craft, or cleaning up rooms, etc.Most enjoyable part of job is working with and enjoying the kids.
My job title is Group Room Supervisor
My Children are Amazing
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I come in my student's greet me by name. We sing the good morning song along with our letters and numbers . The children must identify the first letter in their name and make the sound it makes. The other teacher and myself break them into groups depending on the size of the class.
Nice place to work
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2014
Its a Ok place to work just make sure you love children. Thats why i took the job because of the love i had for children.
On-Call Child Caregive/Counselor
Member (Current Employee), Batavia, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunch, great co-workers
Cons: compensation low
Worked opening shift from 6:45 to 3:15.
Learned how to managed large group of children. Administered lessons and assessment for children infant through 6 years of age. Head counselor duties included preparation and administration of groups games and activities during camp hours. Managed counselors in training. Preparation and implementation of new behavioral methods/modifications to students.
Great place to work!
Insurance Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin, VAJuly 1, 2014
Very great place to work! Friendly staff and environment! Monday-Friday job.
It;s a fun place to work. I love knowing I have a great group of co-workers.
Crisis Care Unit Center Clinician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: meet different people each day which is great.
Cons: working with families who do not agree with our recommendations.
I am able to work and balance my life well. The compensation and benefits are great. Most of all I find my job rewarding knowing I have helped a child in crisis.
Overall Job Review
Receptionist (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAJune 11, 2014
Pros: close too home
Cons: hours, salary
It was a very dysfunctional work staff. The compensation was way to low for my daily exspences.
Families were wonderful.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bethany, OKJune 2, 2014
Pros: the people!
meeting new people and they made the day enjoyable and bringing hope and smiles to them as well as them sharing there hurts of a loved one. Being able to listen and just knowing they knew I cared.
First job in respiratory
Provisional Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Bethany, OKMay 17, 2014
Long-term care facility for children. Fell in love with the kids, but the work environment definitely was not the best.
teacher
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Indivual planning for each child, lesson plan, actives for out door
Productive rewarding work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Franklin, VAMay 11, 2014
I work with children daily. It is very rewarding. There is no room for advancement. The pay is very low and management is very poor. The organization has some great qualities. Its fun.
Great place to shop
Intern (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 11, 2014
Pros: great sales
Food Lion has helped me gain customer service skills which allowed me to see how much of a people person I really am. I developed loyal customers over the years who would always come to my line no matter how long it was so they could chat with me. My co-workers were easy to get along with because we shared something in common, talking to people. Food Lion always had the best deals and coupons which made their customers appreciative and happy.
The Children's Center was a productive workplace with much room for advancement.
SIL and Foster Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee, iphones
Cons: high turnover of staff
I started work at 8:00am. I always arrived to work 45 minutes early to get extra work completed.

I learned how to supervise two programs simultaneoulsy while keeping my staff's moral high.

My management style was always being fair, firm and consistent.

I got along with all my co-workers. We often dined after work.

The hardest part of the job was making sure staff didn't get burned out.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching students become independent and family's being reunited.
Inspirationable
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/ UNIT CLERK (Former Employee), Bethany, OKMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great co workers
This is an incredible place. Such a loving and caring staff!
reading and art teacher
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), Cicero, ILMarch 11, 2014
I loved being a part of the viva experience and I hope that they are able to come back from their financial hardship because I would love to work there again
Lead Teacher
Educator (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 10, 2014
• Encouraged children in creative thinking and problem solving
• Utilized methods of learning beyond worksheets and standard teaching
• Coordinated scheduling of parent teacher conferences
• Evaluated children’s behavior and developed resourceful solutions
• Recorded and kept daily transition sheets

About The Children's Center

The Children’s Center Inc is located on the far south side of Chicago, Illinois. Our center is designed to provide a quality-learning – Read more

The Children's Center Salaries